Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:54:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral sex resulted in cut worried and need some assurance  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Firstndlastmistake

Oral sex resulted in cut worried and need some assurance
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
Hi Ann / Tim / Andy ,
I am new to this forum and appreciate your work..
Can pls look into my scenario and asses the risk and your take on results

I had blow job done me (I am male) by female csw in middle of sep. The blow job was little rough and resulted in a cut and started bleeding (I think it got cut when she pulled the skin down ). The whole act lasted for 1-2 minutes. I washed my penis and identified the cut.the cut was small but got significant bleeding.

I was concerned about HIV as it involved blood and got the following tests done

1. HIV DNA and antibody after 13 days
2. HIV antibody after 32 days
3. HIV antibody after 52 days

All tests gave -ve result

The issue I am facing are following symptoms  
1. Cold and cough with sore throat  after 7 weeks
2. My entire mouth feels like it scraped and tounge burning
3. Oral ulcers
4. Swollen lymph nodes around neck

My questions are
1. Do u guys see mine as risky situation
2. What is the validity of my tests
3. Should I be concerned about symptoms
4. When should I go for next test ?

Thanks for your help and god bless you

Offline RapidRod

Re: Oral sex resulted in cut worried and need some assurance
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »
You never had an exposure by getting your dick sucked.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:43:53 pm »
It doesn't matter what details you throw into the mix when reporting a concern about receiving oral sex.

It is one of the most common of sexual activities and in the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of HIV transmission to a guy in that manner. It's safe to say you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern on your part.

If you are sexually active you need to be aware that it is much easier to acquire other STDs. So having a full STD panel done at least once a year is a good idea.

But as far as HIV is concerned you can stop worrying about this incident.
Andy Velez

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:20:33 am »
Thank you for your responses.. I happy to know that my scenario is no HIV risk , but unfortunately I am keeping unwell since the incident . Especially things got worse after 7 weeks like severe throat pain, oral issues and stomach pain in last day or so..

Can u comment on the test results  ? And symptomps if any are remotely related to  HIV

Thx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 03:08:50 am »
Thank you for your responses.. I happy to know that my scenario is no HIV risk , but unfortunately I am keeping unwell since the incident . Especially things got worse after 7 weeks like severe throat pain, oral issues and stomach pain in last day or so..

Can u comment on the test results  ? And symptomps if any are remotely related to  HIV

Thx

You were not at risk. It therefore follows that your test results reflect this.

You are HIV negative.

MtD

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:23 am »
Thx Matty
My concern is I am facing some of the oral issues , stomach cramps and enlarged lymph nodes after 7 weeks of exposure.. I had test after 7 and half weeks

1. Based on the symptoms that have started couple of days  before the test , do u think my test  failed to catch virus
2. Have you seen anybody's status changing after 7 weeks
If yes under what circumstances ?

Once again sorry for being the pain ..and thanks a million for helping me to get over this

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:50:09 am »
Reread the the replies that you have been given.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 12:34:21 pm »
First,

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. It doesn't matter if you got cut during the blowjob.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

And don't bother to start whatiffing about blood in her mouth. Unless you repeatedly punched her in the mouth before she blew you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to cause concern.

I've never seen a six week negative end up positive, let alone a seven week negative.

You haven't had a risk, so your test result is not going to change.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. You do not have hiv!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 07:56:37 pm »
Thanks Ann that was very assuring.. The reason I am worried is from last couple of weeks I am having all sorts of oral issues..sores , yellow patches, burning and unfortunately all those are pointing to HIV when. I google them

Also forgot to mention that I had taken flushot one week after exposure .. Do you know if this skew the test results..

Thx for amazing job you are doing

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 01:00:32 am »
You don't get HIV from getting your penis sucked.

Please let me know if there are any other ways you need to hear those words.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:30 am »
Thanks .. Unfortunately not every one in the involved / related to HIV epidemic are on the same page related risk associated with orals.. Some of the reputed sites still maintain low risk with this activity.

I don't want to take any chance as this is not just about me and with wrong judgement I may pass on to my wife.

That's the reason I want to rely on test results rather than exposure as there seem to be some difference of opinion reg the risk

Appreciate If you can answer me on the flushot question..

Sorry but as I said this is something I cannot take chance here

Please don't take personally and I truly appreciate the work you are doing

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 09:29:30 am »
First,

The flu shot won't make one iota of difference to testing - or transmission, for that matter.

A lot of the websites that claim oral is a risk are talking about GIVING blowjobs, not getting blowjobs. They just aren't very clear on that point.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

You know, we get it. We don't want you to infect your wife or anyone else. If you were at risk for infection, believe me, we'd tell you and we'd also tell you to use condoms with your wife while you wait to test. But you did NOT have a risk.

Not one person has ever been infected through getting their dick sucked - cuts or no cuts - and you certainly are not going to make history by being the first.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. NO. RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 10:01:16 am »
Thanks Ann ..you are the best.. Good bless you

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »
Ann and anybody,
Just one more question.. I am developing rash like things inside the cheek..it's hard to describe they are rough patches with small tiny pimples or bumps.. When I checked over the Internet it points to OHL ( oral hairy leukoplakia) which is commonly associated with HIV.

Do you guys know if OHL or any oral infections is seen in newly acquired infections

Just to recap it's 9 weeks since my exposure and I tested negative @ 7 and half weeks

I hope it's my last question

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 05:57:01 pm »
What part of you never had an exposure is it you don't understand?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 06:24:27 pm »
First,

The flu shot won't make one iota of difference to testing - or transmission, for that matter.

A lot of the websites that claim oral is a risk are talking about GIVING blowjobs, not getting blowjobs. They just aren't very clear on that point.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

You know, we get it. We don't want you to infect your wife or anyone else. If you were at risk for infection, believe me, we'd tell you and we'd also tell you to use condoms with your wife while you wait to test. But you did NOT have a risk.

Not one person has ever been infected through getting their dick sucked - cuts or no cuts - and you certainly are not going to make history by being the first.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. NO. RISK.

Ann

I am not even going to bother answering your latest what if. You didn't have a risk and if you come back here again about this non-risk situation you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out for 28 days. Your problem is guilt because you strayed for a blowjob. HIV is not the  problem. Cut out the drama and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Oral Risk still worried.. should i test again.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 08:35:59 am »
Hi there ,
if you recall , i had an oral exposure in sep'11 which resulted in a cut..

to summarize.

Sep'11 : oral exposure that resulted in a cut and blood
Oct '11 - Tested Negative
Nov'11 -  Tested Negative
Jan'12 -   Tested Negative

I had put the HIV scare to bed and happily moving along..
May '12 - Visited massage parlour -- hand job
July -12 - visited massage parlour- protected oral

i did not indulge in any other sexual activities other than with my wife.

In August 1st week i was diagnoised with Autoimmune disorder and low testostorone.

since then i am having symptoms such as fatigue,muscle aches,neck pain, throat pain,tingling etc..

here are my questions..

1. In any way did i miss the window for my exposure in Sep 11..did autoimmune has any impact on test window.. what are the conditions that people have to test beyond 3 months.. does auto immune qualify for that ?
2. Did any on subsequent actions result in risk or exposure ?
3. i want put these worries to rest. i would to go for another test. .but worried that it may be false positive due to auto immune ?... is that true
4. i am having frequent sinus infections,neck pain , throat pain etc.. Are these a concern ?

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44:05 am »
First of all, as stated in the opening thread of this section members are supposed to post all entries in one single thread. Your entries are now all in this thread. Please use only thi one for anything you want to say. Thanks for your cooperation.

First,

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. It doesn't matter if you got cut during the blowjob.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

And don't bother to start whatiffing about blood in her mouth. Unless you repeatedly punched her in the mouth before she blew you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to cause concern.

I've never seen a six week negative end up positive, let alone a seven week negative.

You haven't had a risk, so your test result is not going to change.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. You do not have hiv!

Ann

You were always worrying unnecessarily about HIV. Even with your immune system problem, you tested over a sufficient period of time to have gotten a conclusive and reliable negative result.

HIV is not your problem. Get on with your life. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 10:58:31 am »
First,

1. You are conclusively hiv negative. You didn't have a risk in the first place, as getting a blowjob is not a risk, even if that blowjob resulted in you sustaining a cut on your penis. Saliva is not infectious, and unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching a person in the mouth before they blow you, there could not possibly be enough blood present in the mouth to cause an hiv concern.

The only people who might want to test past three months are those on chemotherapy for cancer, on anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, or those who have been injecting street drugs, every day, for years. Even these three groups of people will normally seroconvert and test positive by three months. You tested out to four. You do not have hiv.

2. NO. Sexually speaking, only unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse is a risk for hiv. Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is not a risk.

3. Yes, sometimes autoimmune conditions may cause false positive antibody results, but the result will be shown to be a false positive when the confirmatory Western Blot test is run. Any positive antibody test must be confirmed with WB testing before a patient can be diagnosed with hiv.

4. Your health problems are a concern, yes, but they are NOT an hiv concern. You do not have hiv and furthermore, you have not been at risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:21 am »
Thanks to Ann and Andy..
Appreciate your response..
since i am having persistent neck pain (mild but chronic) and when i researched  i ran into threads where people mentioned as one of the signs for HIV.. which restarted my fears.. Based on assurance i got from you all .. i will move on...

Thx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:54 am »
Yes, move on. You have not had a risk for HIV.  Any symptoms whether a neck pain or whatever are something to discuss with your doctor if they persist. HIV is not the cause. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.