Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:33:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 367
Total: 369

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Frottage with visible abrasion  (Read 7387 times)

Offline skkribble

• Standard
Frottage with visible abrasion
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:18:48 am »
Hello,
I am really worried about a possible exposure. I am a gay man and started dating a guy and we had sex. For 3 times. We had oral sex rec/ins both without condom.(We never had anal sex.) He did not have any precum at all. (I always check as a hypocondriac) but when I was doing the bj I did it for only 1 min each time but once he put it in my throat (Thats the scariest part) and the last time we had sex he rubbed his penis around my butt crack with lube I felt his penis forcing around my anus but I am sure he did not penetrate at all as I rarely be a bottom and when I am bottom I know how it hurts to be penetrated. and then he told me he was +. So after 70 hours I started to have PEP as Im hypocondriac and my doctors were as well..So do you think Iam at a risk?
PS:I didnt have any open cuts in my mouth at all.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: rubbing
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:24:13 am »
skk,

Your doctors aren't hypochondriacs, they're nincompoops.

YOU DO NOT NEED PEP FOR THIS NO RISK SITUATION!

Oral isn't a risk.

Rubbing on your butt crack isn't a risk. It's called frottage and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV OVER THIS NO RISK SITUATION, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skkribble

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 02:43:57 pm »
Ann,
Thank you very much for your relieving answer which was quick and sharp. I would want to ask a final question: even if he has forced his penis on my anus which I felt  on my anus and it hurt after but without penetration I am sure. I still do not need to worry and get tested regularly right? And about the PEP, do you think I should cut it. As I experienced some heavy side-effects like diarrhea. And I felt a tingling feeling once on the tip of my penis. But just once, may or may not be I had chlamydia (no penile discharge or dysuria at all) am I still at no risk of Hiv?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »
Hi Skkribble , Ann was correct you didn't have a risk for HIV in any of the situations you are concerned about including the new questions you just asked .

Its completely up to you to decide if you want to continue to take pep for a no risk situation . 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline skkribble

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »
Thanks Jeff G,
So lets be clear, even if I got uretritis (gon/chla) by these actions, it is no risk for HIV, right? Thank you and this was my last question. Thanks in advance. I can not explain how important you guys are for us..

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 03:47:44 pm »
Thanks Jeff G,
So lets be clear, even if I got uretritis (gon/chla) by these actions, it is no risk for HIV, right? Thank you and this was my last question. Thanks in advance. I can not explain how important you guys are for us..

That is correct , you didn't have a risk or we would have told you so , that's what we do . We want to get people in to test if they had a risk and urge all sexually active people to get yearly sexual wellness checkups for ALL STD's including HIV even if you don't think you had a risky encounter . In your circumstance we are advising there was no need to test for this specific incident because oral sex isn't a risk for HIV . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:21 am »
skk,

Most of the other STIs are MUCH more easy to transmit than hiv. You can get gonorrhea, for example, through a blowjob. Oral gonorrhea has been on the rise amongst MSM for quite a few years now.

As Jeff said, it's up to you whether or not you continue PEP for a situation where you weren't at risk for hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skkribble

• Standard
Frottage with visible abrasion
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »
Hello everyone,
First of all, you guys have been my heroes when it comes to put minds at ease.
 I am pleased to make a little contribution to the forum community.
Today, I met a guy online and I invited him over..And we only had some kissing and frottage.. Nothing else.. And the frottage was made penis to penis.. He had lots of precum and possibly the precum and his glans penis was actually touching my abrasion (happened during frottage) situated under (not on) the glans ... So I have been worried sick lately.. I applied alcohol (hurt a bit) rubbed with soap.. I was wondering is there any possibility that I could contract HIV this way?
No oral sex, no anal sex or no cum whatsoever..
Any advice would be very helpful.. Should I get tested over this? The fresh abrasion(without bleeding... but you know that rather pink and hurting kind of abrasion) would be a possible area so that his precum or mucosal lining of penis would help HIV transmission?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Frottage with visible abrasion
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 05:16:00 pm »
Frottage is not, and never has been a risk for HIV, any abrasion you may have are only surface wear and tear.

HIV has to get into the blood stream in order to infect. This did not happen in your case, so stop worrying.

You have not had a risk and do not need to test over this.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 05:36:05 pm »
I have merged your new post into your original thread.  You have exceeded your three free questions and any further questions will require you to take out a subscription.

I have also removed your ability to post until you take out a subscription.

Joe
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:38:46 pm by Joe K »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 06:10:28 pm »
I restored your ability to post and you need to keep all of your questions in this one thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Joe

Offline skkribble

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 03:10:53 am »
Thank you for quick reply. My concern is he was really wet with lots of precum and rubbing his against my penis caused the skin break. (like wear&tear abrasion). Isn't it a possible area of infection? I mean it's broken skin and HIV might not get air or external environment( in order to render it non-infectious)  while pressing it to the abrasion and there's precum .. well lots of it.. I don't want to be a 'what if' guy but.. what if he had the very same abrasion and we rubbed those broken skin? would it still be non-risky?

I would really appreciate some details for my case. :-\

Thanks

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 07:05:19 am »
Frottage is not, and never has been a risk for HIV, any abrasion you may have are only surface wear and tear.

HIV has to get into the blood stream in order to infect. This did not happen in your case, so stop worrying.

You have not had a risk and do not need to test over this.

Jan

Jan already told you why this is not a risk.  You DID NOT HAVE A RISK, PERIOD.

Joe

Offline skkribble

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 04:05:35 am »
Alright, so from what I understand there must be a real deep cut for something to occur a surface abrasion does not cause a risk. A new day, I learned something. I always thought a minimal contact with a broken skin could cause that. So ok PERIOD. I can stop worrying needlessly.
Well thanks guys.
You have a wonderful week 😊

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 08:46:29 am »
Yes, you can stop worrying. HIV is a fragile virus and not passed so easily.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.