Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:41:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 584
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What are you thankful for?  (Read 3966 times)

Offline buginme2

What are you thankful for?
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:23:59 am »
 Happy  Thanksgiving!   For those outside the US today is Thanksgiving. 

I really like Thanksgiving because it's a time to stop and recognize what in your life you are thankful for. 

I am thankful for

My family,  I got married this year and love my husband and am thankful for him.   I'm thankful for my entire family even though I don't get to see them all as much as I want to.
I am thankful for my health. 
I am thankful for my job.   It's crazy and stressful and drives me crazy and I bitch about it but I'm glad I have it.
I am thankful for my friends I have.
I am  thankful for this forum.   Even though I can sometimes  be a pain in the ass here you haven't asked me to leave yet.
My dog ( my other best friend)
 Good movies
 My XBOX
 Marijuana
 Xanax
Great sex
 Living in the United States where it's ok to be gay

That's just a short list.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline emeraldize

Re: What are you thankful for?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:07:18 am »
I am thankful for your post!

It proves people are still having sex, (make that Great sex) smoking dope, getting married, liking work, and able to have decent health.

With the terrors of this past year worldwide--fires, typhoons,floods, tornados, wars and more---I find I am grateful for fresh water, food, medicine, clothing, housing, work, family and friends. The basics are often a tremor away from being lost.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:40:02 am »
my relatively good health.
my amazing boys.
my granddaughter.
my friends, including Forum friends.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:36:30 am »
I am thankful for many things (too many to type out) but mainly today I am thankful that I feel up to enjoying the holiday with my mom and brother.  When the new year arrives, I will be not thankful for that too. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »
I'm thankful I realize the futility and instability of "things;" and while I like things, I put more stock in people these days.  I have a great family and spectacular friends.  Oh, and my cat, who's curled up on her purple feather pillow right now (yes, a real feather pillow, the kind that can only be dry-cleaned). 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »
To clarify... WILL be thankful for the new year.  My little bloody mary is a bit strong this morning. 

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »
To clarify... WILL be thankful for the new year.  My little bloody mary is a bit strong this morning.

Drink up, buddy.  You need to stay hydrated, you know.  ;)  Tomato juice is a great way to get some fiber while you're at it.

For me, I'm thankful for just being able to be here -- right here, right now -- feeling good, and being able to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family.  My sister will arrive here in Austin at about 3:30 PM.

Hugs to everyone!

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline marcmoral16

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:08 pm »
I'm Thankful For,

Being alive this year despite FIVE SURGERIES

For the food that I will be eating today

For My partner taking care of me through each one of my surgeries

Having a new family (his) that I'm accepted in and loved
Tested Positive Jan 16 2013
CD4 119 6% VL 23980
Started Complera Feb 2013
March CD4 199 9% VL 1000
May CD4 255 12% VL 334
June CD4 284 15% VL 172
Switched to Stribild middle June 2013
July CD4 325 22% VL 51
October CD4 341 23% VL UD!!
Jan 2014 CD4 343 20% VL <20
July 2014 CD4 450 26% VL <20
December 2014 491 26% still UD!

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:30:50 am »
So many things to be thankful for.

Woke up all refreshed this morning after about 9 hours of glorious sleep. Wow!

Got a job (with health insurance coverage), food and roof over my head, family and friends, doing fine healthwise, and have the presence of mind to type this post.

Best to everyone.

:) :)
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »
dry, warm and full.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 07:03:12 pm »
I am thankful that 2013 sucked less than 2012 but still kind of sucked.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 07:26:34 pm »
I am thankful that 2013 sucked less than 2012 but still kind of sucked.

I'm thankful that 2014 is a mere one month away. 2013 was one of the most worst years of my life.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
I'm thankful for my friends who are always there during the good and the bad .
I'm thankful for all the friends I have made from being a member of this forum and the support I get from them , not a day goes by I don't get a laugh from the belly or a smile on my face from being here .

I'm thankful for the HIV clinic I get my healthcare at and appreciate how well they look after me .

I'm thankful that no matter how bad things have been or sickness I have endured I somehow manged to stay the course to a better day . I believe the people who let me into they're Life made this possible and I am thankful to them for it , they know who they are .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:38:39 pm »
I am thankful for my family and friends -- especially for my wonderful husband.  I always jokingly tell him he's the luckiest man in the world, but I don't think that I would have been able to live with me for these 23+ yrs, so I know that I am really the lucky one (shhhhhh... don't tell him I said that)

I am thankful that I have a job that provides great insurance and affords me the ability to travel a few times a year.

I am thankful for my good health -- I know it can vanish in a blink of the eye.

I am thankful for all you wonderful people on this forum -- like Jeff said, I rarely have day without a good belly laugh from one of you silly foolish peeps!!   :-*

M

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.