Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:04:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 297
Total: 298

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update on the atrocious nature of my foot pain  (Read 12140 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Update on the atrocious nature of my foot pain
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »
1) My EMG test taken on the 21st came back as zilch... good news, I guess

2) My third visit to the podiatrist has me now scheduled for foot surgery on my left one on 17 October, followed by nursing duties provided by Jane, my dear mother, in Virginia for the 2 weeks after that.

3) They didn't think it wise to operate on both feet at the same time, because my right foot is much worse than the left, so they'll wait on that to do maybe in February at the earliest.

4) I am not looking forward to this as I've never had surgery in my life... in fact, I've never even had a tube stuck down my throat and gone under.

Goodness, this has taken EONS to resolve -- back at Thanksgiving was when my foot pain was becoming unbearable -- I'd ignored it for years thinking it was just lipo-related like the rest of the Golden Arches denizens complain about eternally. And yes, it was probably some of that 12 years ago when I first lost fat on the bottom of my foot.  But my problem is that I have an abnormally high arch which has, evidently, gotten much worse, so that forces pressure down on my metatarsal bones, and then makes my ligaments stick way up.  And then, of course, it makes for really atrocious thick calluses, pain when walking and HAMMERTOES (bent toes).
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: Update on the atrocious nature of my foot pain
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:44:02 pm »
YIKE - just your description of what is going on sounds painful Ms. P.
I'm glad that you are getting it taken care of and that you will have the assistance of your mother during your recovery.

I will be sending positive thoughts your way that everything will go smooth and you will be up, around, and chasing tricks around the streets of philly quicker than ever! ;)

luff ya!
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »
... and now you know why I bailed on Seattle

Please say a heartfelt prayer for me -- at least those of you that don't hate me.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:13 pm »

Please say a heartfelt prayer for me -- at least those of you that don't hate me.

I will speak words to the ceiling for you . You could have gone to Seattle , I would have gladly pushed you around town in a wheelchair while you screeched god damnit get out of our way .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »
David, I will keep you in my thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery.  I sincerely hope that the surgery will provide the relief that you seek and the comfort you deserve.  I also expect you to post during your convalescence, so you can regal us with your stories of terrorizing your medical staff.

Be well dear friend.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »
Right now I'm soaking my tender feet in a hot water massager with Johnson's Foot Soap containing borax, iodine, baking soda and bran.

soaks away foot misery... ::)

It's doing wonders on my cracked skin on my heels which made my look like someone's grandmother.  Mind you, years ago all of my partners always remarked on how I had the most attractive feet.

I really need a pedicure.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:01:20 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 03:29:45 pm »

What is this...
1) My EMG test

Yikes. Foot pain like that must be the worst. Hopefully you will come out the other side with the feet of a ballerina.

W

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jody

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:02 pm »
Hope all goes well for you Miss Philly and you recover fully for your walks around town checking out the younger fellows and your trips up to New York, where we must get together next time you get up here.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »
wishing you the  best results of  surgery  and a super  speedy recovery  ..  dont harrass Mom too much....give us  updates....specifics....

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:27 pm »

How could anyone possibly hate you, you are sweet, caring, compassionate..oh wait , sorry I'm getting you mixed up with someone else...don't expect prayers from everyone.

Look, don't worry about the surgery you will be fine, it's a pretty routine surgery procedure, and they know what they are doing.

I'm sending you prayers all the way from NZ..cos everyone know NZ prayers really work.

Aroha and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 07:19:17 pm »
Sounds very painful. I hope the surgery is a success and the recovery quick. How exactly do they correct the problem?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:32 pm »
What is this...

Yikes. Foot pain like that must be the worst. Hopefully you will come out the other side with the feet of a ballerina.

W

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromyography

Offline buginme2

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 08:47:52 pm »
Here's to a speedy recovery!   
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »

3) They didn't think it wise to operate on both feet at the same time, because my right foot is much worse than the left, so they'll wait on that to do maybe in February at the earliest.

4) I am not looking forward to this as I've never had surgery in my life... in fact, I've never even had a tube stuck down my throat and gone under.

re 3)  Well if you ever write your memoirs you can call it My Right Foot

re 4) oh, please, you've had more than a tube stuck down that faggot throat

You'll be fine . . . smooches.

PS: Make sure you get all this done before the Medicaid cuts go through.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:30:05 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:52 am »
I hope the surgery goes well for you. Best survival advice -- do everything you're told to do on the post-surgery care list. You're lucky you can hang out with your mom. A good mom and good pain meds -- you'll be fine!

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 03:05:18 am »
Wish you a speedy recovery Miss P.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 04:06:06 am »
and HAMMERTOES (bent toes).

I was born with this, but I've only ever heard of people having hammertoes occur later in life.  I tried to look online for photos once but the photos online are all terribly bad.  Mine is barely noticable, yet it was the first thing the doctor told my mother when I was born (he scared her to death).  I hope these surgeries bring an end to the discomfort you're going through.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 11:01:33 am »
Miss P, no wonder you're so damned cantankerous a wee bit testy lately. I already knew, but it's good to be reminded how much pain you've been in the past months. I hope this surgery does the trick for you.

I can empathise with being a bit anxious about the surgery, I was too the first time. Don't be shy about asking for pain relief afterwards. (as if!)

I've had a word with Ceiling Cat and he's promised to keep a benevolent watch over you, provided I keep the catnip offerings coming.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 11:21:48 am »

Heavenly Father,

We thank You for blessing this filthy sodomite with the gift of lameness so that he might see the heinous error of his ways. It's just an awful shame that he's been too busy sticking things up his caboose to heed Your timely warnings.

You'd have thought the hiney warts would have been something of a hint, but what can You do? There's just no telling some folks.

Creator God we cannot fathom Your vicious, blood thirsty ways. We are mindful of the Great Flood which You sent to kill everyone but Noah and his kin because some old people in a village said some stuff which rubbed You up the wrong way.

Frankly that whole thing smacked of drama gone awry but You sure do know how to make Your point.

That said, we hope that you decide to let Miss Philicia survive the anasethetic and that you mend his mangled hooves so that he may see the Light and walk comfortably to the adult bookstore not to buy smutty things but to preach Your Holy Word and hand out Chick tracts to the unchurched tooshie monkeys who dwell therein.

In Jesus' (and Mrs Bachmanns) Name we pray!

MtD

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 11:25:39 am »
Heavenly Father,

We thank You for blessing this filthy sodomite with the gift of lameness so that he might see the heinous error of his ways. It's just an awful shame that he's been too busy sticking things up his caboose to heed Your timely warnings.

You'd have thought the hiney warts would have been something of a hint, but what can You do? There's just no telling some folks.

Creator God we cannot fathom Your vicious, blood thirsty ways. We are mindful of the Great Flood which You sent to kill everyone but Noah and his kin because some old people in a village said some stuff which rubbed You up the wrong way.

Frankly that whole thing smacked of drama gone awry but You sure do know how to make Your point.

That said, we hope that you decide to let Miss Philicia survive the anasethetic and that you mend his mangled hooves so that he may see the Light and walk comfortably to the adult bookstore not to buy smutty things but to preach Your Holy Word and hand out Chick tracts to the unchurched tooshie monkeys who dwell therein.

In Jesus' (and Mrs Bachmanns) Name we pray!

MtD
This definitely gets my vote for post of the month and should be entered into the Forums Post Classics!  LMAO --- thanks for the laugh Matty ----  ;D
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 11:26:51 am »
Oh yeah, I forgot to add

And Lord, because Miss P thinks she's Southern:

Boogity, boogity, boogity, Amen.

MtD

Offline bear60

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 12:14:40 pm »
David
Just one piece of advice....dont have a huge steak dinner with martinis and brandy the night before the operation.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:25:41 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot to add

And Lord, because Miss P thinks she's Southern:

Boogity, boogity, boogity, Amen.

MtD

You forgot to thank him for your smokin' hot houseboy.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:14 pm »
You forgot to thank him for your smokin' hot houseboy.

Given that I only employ heathens, I think we can assume that the LORD has precious little to do with who scrubs my commode.

In that vein, if you're looking for a job . . . .

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:32 pm »
Given that I only employ heathens, I think we can assume that the LORD has precious little to do with who scrubs my commode.

In that vein, if you're looking for a job . . . .

MtD

No thanks Cruella.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »
No thanks Cruella.

The sooner you realise you're always gonna be a flag girl and never a cheerleader, the better for you. :)

MtD

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »
The sooner you realise you're always gonna be a flag girl and never a cheerleader, the better for you. :)

MtD
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »

MtD

Janis: That one there, that's Karen Smith. She is one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet. Damien sat next to her in English last year.
Damian: She asked me how to spell orange.
[Cady snickers]
Janis: That little one, that's Gretchen Wieners.
Damian: She's totally rich because her dad invented Toaster Streudels.
Janis: Gretchen Wieners knows everybody's business, she knows everything about everyone.
Damian: That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets.
Janis: And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don't be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she's so much more than that.
Damian: She's the queen bee - the star, those other two are just her little workers.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 01:39:20 pm »
Janis: That one there, that's Karen Smith. She is one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet. Damien sat next to her in English last year.
Damian: She asked me how to spell orange.
[Cady snickers]
Janis: That little one, that's Gretchen Wieners.
Damian: She's totally rich because her dad invented Toaster Streudels.
Janis: Gretchen Wieners knows everybody's business, she knows everything about everyone.
Damian: That's why her hair is so big, it's full of secrets.
Janis: And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don't be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she's so much more than that.
Damian: She's the queen bee - the star, those other two are just her little workers.

Way to quote popular culture, Meg.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 01:41:15 pm »
We get it you know how to link pictures from the internet and we're all impressed.  Do you want a poptart?  Soda?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:31 pm »
We get it you know how to link pictures from the internet and we're all impressed.  

I know. I'm like totally clever.

By the way your sister and her boyfriend, they said to say "Howdy!"

Do you want a poptart?  Soda?

Nope, I'm fat enough. But if your pappy might see his way clear to popping his teeth out and giving me a gummy, there might be some change in it for you.

MtD

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »
And then, of course, it makes for really atrocious thick calluses, pain when walking and HAMMERTOES (bent toes).

I've never had hammertoes - but, I have had a recurring problem with my toes that my doctor assures me is nothing to worry about ----- I have posted a pic so that maybe you all can let me know if this is normal or not:

Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 02:49:09 pm »
I've never had hammertoes - but, I have had a recurring problem with my toes that my doctor assures me is nothing to worry about ----- I have posted a pic so that maybe you all can let me know if this is normal or not:

What's abnormal about it is that your foot appears to be attached to the leg of a little girl.

Oh, nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to!

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 02:52:45 pm »
What's abnormal about it is that your foot appears to be attached to the leg of a little girl.

Oh, nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to!
;D
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 08:23:48 pm »
So, you filthy, nasty people -- I just returned from my HIV specialist and I've been (once more) blessed with poppers-induced cd4 count of 1528 and a % of 49.3

Viral load, as usual, is <20

Oh, and my lipid panel is fairly perfect thanks to a diet of White Castle frozen cheeseburgers, gourmet pancetta three cheese pizza and pretentious pain au chocolate breakfasts every day.  :-*

... and Camel Lights, naturally with a klonopin and bourbon chaser
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:26:11 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »
So, you filthy, nasty people

I resemble that remark.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 08:36:36 pm »
Oh, and I'm due for a whole massive batch of specialists in the coming months -- aside from the podiatrist and two rounds of surgery, I'll be going to the Optometrist, Colorectal surgeon, a sleep apnea study (which I know will result in that dreaded CPAP contraption), and perhaps the dermatologist.  Of course, this is on top of my monthly jaunts to the psychiatrist and therapist, and at least twice yearly visits to the dentist (actually I've been to the dentist six times this past year -- even have a night guard now because Miss P is one of those high strung types that grinds her teeth at night).

Oh, the joys of living with teh AIDS. And even with the subway only costing $2 each way I've been ever so neglectful at filling out the form at the SEPTA transit headquarters to qualify for a greatly reduced I-can-haz-disability fare. I'm determined to go take care of that tomorrow!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:55 pm »
Should I cancel your audition for Ballet South?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 09:12:32 pm »
So, you filthy, nasty people -- I just returned from my HIV specialist and I've been (once more) blessed with poppers-induced cd4 count of 1528 and a % of 49.3

Oh, and my lipid panel is fairly perfect thanks to a diet of White Castle frozen cheeseburgers, gourmet pancetta three cheese pizza and pretentious pain au chocolate breakfasts every day.  :-*

Well it's pretty clear that Jesus is in no hurry for you to join him in one of his Heavenly Skyboxes.

And why would he be? Given that La Winehouse has just popped her ridiculously built up clogs there's no shortage of booze soaked drug fucked pill queens in Paradise.

Your time will come, Mary. :-*

MtD

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »

You post something like this and wonder why some members hate you.   ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 10:41:32 pm »
... what to say, what to do ::) :P

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 08:34:38 am »
Oh, and I'm due for a whole massive batch of specialists in the coming months -- aside from the podiatrist and two rounds of surgery, I'll be going to the Optometrist, Colorectal surgeon, a sleep apnea study (which I know will result in that dreaded CPAP contraption), and perhaps the dermatologist.  Of course, this is on top of my monthly jaunts to the psychiatrist and therapist, and at least twice yearly visits to the dentist (actually I've been to the dentist six times this past year -- even have a night guard now because Miss P is one of those high strung types that grinds her teeth at night).

Oh, the joys of living with teh AIDS. And even with the subway only costing $2 each way I've been ever so neglectful at filling out the form at the SEPTA transit headquarters to qualify for a greatly reduced I-can-haz-disability fare. I'm determined to go take care of that tomorrow!

If Pennsylvania got rid of you maybe they'd be able to slash their deficit.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »
Hope you have a speedy recovery honey....sounds like you're in for an ordeal.

Wishing you the best --

HUGS, Alan   :-*

LOL @ Matty

PS - don't suppose you'll be wearing those black patent leather stiletto thigh-high boots for a bit....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »
If Pennsylvania got rid of you maybe they'd be able to slash their deficit.

1) we have a $540 million surplus this year

2) I've not gone to specialists (except once) for the past five years

3) Even though I'm in the poor house I actually pay $189.40/month, or $2,272.80 annually in insurance premiums -- how much do you pay? :)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 07:56:49 pm »
1) we have a $540 million surplus this year

2) I've not gone to specialists (except once) for the past five years

3) Even though I'm in the poor house I actually pay $189.40/month, or $2,272.80 annually in insurance premiums -- how much do you pay? :)

1) The link below says they have a $4 billion deficit, admittedly the source could be wrong and even if it's right, it's much lower than other states:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_717237.html

2) That's good to hear.

3) The company that I slave away for day in and day out pays much more than that for me. If I were unemployed I'd be screwed.

PS: We should all be so lucky to have insurance premiums of $189.40 per month. That's a price from about 1985 or something. I'm not denigrating the fact you pay premiums, it's just the vast majority are not quoted such manageable sums.

At the end of the day, you're a survivor. Someone who at one point had few if any options until good ol' Isentress came along. As far as I'm concerned there should be universal health care in the US. Alas, there isn't.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:18:14 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »

PS: We should all be so lucky to have insurance premiums of $189.40 per month. That's a price from about 1985 or something. I'm not denigrating the fact you pay premiums, it's just the vast majority are not quoted such manageable sums.

Do I really need to compute for you what % that premium is of my monthly income -- I'm on SSDI dear. Folks think it's a free ride but it's not.

Back when I was working my employer paid 100% of the premium cost (well, that's because I negotiated that -- all other employees paid 50%, but I'm fierce like that... I also got an extra week of paid vacation than all other employees :) I even saw my doctor "out of network" and he never charged me the 20% that the insurer didn't pay him -- he took the 80% as full payment. So really all I paid for back then was drug co-pays, which by today's standards were laughably low, like $5-$10 per drug. So I probably shelled out a grand total of $360 annually on HIV.

So it's not the total one spends, it's what % that is of your net income. Of course, you should know this because you're generally not a complete moron. :)

ps: that deficit is for next year's budget, not the current one which is what I was referring to with a surplus.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.