Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:30:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 517
Total: 518

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I Get HIV infected??  (Read 6538 times)

Offline prox99

Am I Get HIV infected??
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:09:27 am »
Three days before, I received a Jel Massage in massage parlour, when i started recieving massage i get ejaculated due to excitement when lady massager touched me on my other part of body i.e. foot ( Not to my penis or near by it), then i cleaned it with fresh napkin paper by myself, then balanced one by towel after five minutes. After 30 minutes,at the end of massage she put lots of Jel with hands & touched my penis & surrounding as a part of massage for 10 to 15 seconds, now i got fear that am I get HIV infected??, IF that lady massager is HIV infected.
I didnot received (hand job) blow job or ejaculation by her hands.
I didnt had any sexual contact with that lady massager, neither I touched her at any part of her body.
I didnt not have any cut on my body or to my penis.
I like to know whether I get infected by HIV??? If I want to know by test , which test I suppose to follow to know about same??? and after how many days??

Please reply,

Thank you very much.

Thanks for guiding me for new post.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Am I Get HIV infected??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18:02 am »
Prox,

You cannot catch HIV from getting a massage. It doesn't matter if it's your foot or your penis. It doesn't matter if the lady was HIV positive or not. You were not at risk and you do not need to be tested for HIV.

HIV is transmitted inside the body; that is through unprotected anal or vaginal sex, through sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes and in some cases from HIV positive mother to her unborn baby.

Please read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our lessons on HIV transmission.

MtD

Offline prox99

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 11:35:44 am »
Thank you MtD for your very clear, kind & quick reply.
Still i have some doubts plz clarify.
If I have some small white spots due to rubbing of skin like we rub our skin due to itching on my testicle or bottom of my penis & if that lady massger have any cut on her hand, when she touched to my penis & testicle; is there any possibility of getting infected by HIV if that lady massger is HIV positive? becoz maximum of lady massagers are HIV positive like sex worker.

If I want to go for HIV test, when shall I go for it? is it after 6 weeks of time?

Please reply I am just getting worried.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:36:48 pm »
Prox,

As I explained above you were not at risk of contracting HIV from having a massage. It doesn't matter if the masseur was HIV positive because HIV is transmitted inside the body. You cannot catch HIV from being touched.

The window period for HIV testing is 12 weeks not 6 but this doesn't matter in your case because you do not need to be tested.

You are worrying needlessly.

MtD

Offline prox99

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »
Thanks alot once again MtD ; I got relief now,
I have gone through other threads too & you have also mention in your reply that infection will be take place inside the body & not by touching.
I know repeatedly asking question is not at all good But still I have one more doubt;
Please clarify my doubt & this could be last one;
As I told you that I clean my self with fresh napkin paper & balance one by towel after five minutes;     later at the end of massage i.e. after 30 minutes that masseur touched my penis.
My question is;
During the time when she touched my penis; if there is some semen on tip of penis & if there is any cut on her palm; is there any possibility of getting infection during the contact of semen & blood from her cut??? Is there any possibility of getting infection due to contact of semen & towel if we suppose that towel is having blood stain of infected person??
Becoz I didn't saw all the towel or her palm properly so I have these doubts in my mind.

I am very much scared & sleepless after this incidence; As you are very knowledgeable people for this HIV subject, I am asking all these doubts;
I am really very thankful to you,for giving me a proper reply, and for giving your valuable time to listen my doubts.

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks once again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:34:30 pm »
Prox,

NO. It doesn't matter that she touched your penis even if she had cuts on her hand. But come on, think about it. If she had cuts on her hands, she would not be giving a massage. It would hurt HER.

It doesn't matter about using the towel or napkin either. Hiv is NOT transmitted from objects in the environment, including towels or napkins or anything else.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline prox99

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:49:56 pm »
Thanks Ann,
Thanks for clarifying my all doubts.
About "common thing" yes i do understand the same too but;
Why I was worried about her cut becoz; first thing I didn't saw it, second thing is I belongs to India, here to survive she has to work N earn money ; some time she has to perform her job to give earning to parlou toor, so cut doesn't matter at that time for them.
Sorry to reply you this way, my intention is to realise you my situation, plz forgive for such reply.

So Shall I consider my self Out of HIV infection N leave it behind???

Thanks once again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:29:12 pm »
prox,

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. Yes, you need to get on with your life.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline prox99

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 06:29:21 am »
Helo MtD, Rapidrod, Andy

As Ann replied me that I am not on HIV risk but she didn't replied in detail to my question;
My question was,
Say As after 30 minutes, if there was some some semen on tip of penis or below foreskin, & if she had cut on her palm, If there is contact of blood & semen while she touched my penis @ 10-15 second, will I get infected by HIV?? I am worried becoz most of them work there like sex worker & all of them are HIV infected??
Plz reply me; as you people have very much sound & scientific knowledge of this HIV subject.

I am just scared & sleepless becoz of this incident, my intention is not to ask the repeated question but to just know the my situation; whether I am infected or Not.

Please answer to my query.

Thanks for your valuable time, 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 06:47:59 am »
As you have been told you were never at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline prox99

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 07:10:11 am »
OK, but still my worry is, if there is contact of semen (on tip or below foreskin ) and blood from cut of her palm??  as no one giving me answer in details scientific reason.

Plz reply ; thanks you all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 07:17:32 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 10:11:18 am »
HIV is a fragile virus. The kind of fluid to skin contact you are worrying relentlessly about is not a risk. HIV needs the kind of receptive setting to remain viable for transmission which unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse provide. Those are the only confirmed means of sexual transmission.

You don't have to believe us but you can't continue to come back here about this same non-risk situation. If you do you're going to get a Time Out for 28 days. Get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.