Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:25:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 213
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very Scared Steam Room Sperm  (Read 23095 times)

Offline MiamiScared

Very Scared Steam Room Sperm
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:09:33 pm »
Can someone tell me if on going diarreah for 2 weeks is a sign of hiv infection? The internet and Cdcgive so many different  bits of info. I was with 2 hiv poz guys and all we did was french kissed alot. Now Im worrited if i may have gotten something  from that. I have had fatigue  diarreah andmental faatigue  poor concentration swollen  glads in my arms andincrease in aooetite. I recently got tested and my results for  Elisa And a Pcr test were both  neg. These situations were within 4-6 week window. Do i need to retest?

Very worried in Miami.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Had a few encounters now im sick
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:38:17 pm »
There are a few things you need to know about HIV.

Neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know about your HIV status. If there has been genuinely risky behavior, which French kissing isn't, getting tested at 13 weeks is how you get a definitive answer about HIV status.

Kissing, French or otherwise, is not a risk for HIV transmission. You need to take the time to read the lesson on this site about HIV transmission. There's a link to it in the first thread in this section.

As for your symptoms, if they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.

There are other STDs out there so if you are sexually active you should regularly have a full STD panel done -- at least once a year and every six months is even better.

Your test result this time is irrelevant because you weren't at risk for HIV in this situation, whether you were kissing HIV+ guys or not. And no further testing is necessary.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:47:58 am »
Andy I appreciate the email but im  very worried. Not only do i have ongoing diarreah but i have fatigue weekness and mental fatigue. The diarrehea really scares me. Everything I read states hiv causes diarrhea and fatigue. IS this true? When does diarrheah and farigue start to occur with hiv. Im BERY SCARED WORRIED AND TERRIFIED Its going on a month!. It started out with nausea then i developed  sever fatigue where all i wanted to do was sleep I had no energy. Then now i have headaches and diarrhea and fatigue. Its getting worse!  I feel so weak and scared please help. I know you say my exposure wasnt a hiv transmission but there were other guys i  played with as well. Mostly performiming oralsex. Please help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:51:44 am »
Miami, I never had diarrhea. That is why symptoms don't mean anything when it come to HIV. HIV has NO specific symptoms. If you have had a risk then you need to test at 13 weeks past your last anal or vaginal unprotected sex. 

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:56:40 am »
What if I cant wait 13 weeks. Is there another test i can take that will give mre peace of mind sooner?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 08:58:22 am »
It doesn't matter, you still will need to get your conclusive test at 13 weeks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 09:01:31 am »
I believe you are scared. But that doesn't change any of what I have said to you.

Kissing of any kind including deep kissing is not a risk for HIV transmission. You don't even need to test in relation to those incidents. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV, no matter what your mind tells you otherwise.

You need to be discussing yoru symptoms with your doctor rather than insisting HIV is the issue here. It isn't. No kidding. Nothing you are reporting is in any way HIV specific, but that's not surprising because you weren't at risk in relation to those incidents. This is not an HIV situation. Period.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:05:40 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 09:07:49 am »
What about oral sex? Is hiv transmitted easy that way?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 09:09:33 am »
Oral is not a risk. If you would have read the "Welcome" thread the first thread on the page you would have not needed to ask this question.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 11:58:15 am »
My doctor ran a  viralload. Isnt that to check for virus in the blood? I thought  that the only  test to check forhiv was Elisa or Western Blot. It came back under 400 coppies. but its test for virus over 400 copies. If i was experiencing diarrhea and flu like symptoms and it came back non reactive isthat a good thing even it as only been 1 month since exposure?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 12:07:57 pm »
Most times Doctors go by what the patient tells him. If you have a doctor that did a VL for HIV base on French Kissing then you just had you money taken. You don't get HIV from any type of kissing period.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 12:09:30 pm »
Miami,

You've had what is most likely a false positive viral load result, which is why we do NOT recommend PCR (viral load) testing and besides, it's not even approved for diagnostic purposes for this very reason. False positive PCRs typically come back with low numbers such as yours has. The viral load in primary infection would normally be off the chart.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. Kissing is NOT a risk. Your doctor was rather foolish to run a PCR on you when you didn't have a risk to begin with. Test with an antibody test at six weeks and collect what I fully expect to be a negative result. If you continue to worry, unnecessarily, over kissing, then test again at three months and collect your conclusive negative result.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 12:16:21 pm »
Ann

She said anything under 400 was undetectable. Anything over 400 is positive. Mine was under 400. But i fell so sick and all i want to do is sleep and feel so drained with numbness inmy feet nausea and diarrhea and mental fatige. The doctor  never said I was pos infact she doesnt tink its hiv related. Im just asking on here because since im gay and have these weird symptms I tought maybe someone who had similar symptoms could give me some  peace of mind or say no that my symptoms dont sounf liek hiv.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 12:28:32 pm »
Get a new doctor she doesn't know what she's talking about. Undetectable is <50.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 12:43:27 pm »
no this test shows under 400  i thinkthere are two versions can anyone explain?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 01:18:27 pm »
There are two VL test, but it wouldn' t matter in your case because you didn't have a risk. It doesn't change the point that a VL test was uncalled for.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 01:18:39 pm »
Miami,

The bottom line here is that people don't become hiv positive through kissing. They get it through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse or sharing needles with someone who is hiv positive. I've been with a negative partner for over seven years and the ONLY thing we do to protect his negative status is to use condoms for intercourse. Kissing is safe where hiv is concerned because saliva is NOT infectious.

You only need further testing if you've been having unprotected intercourse.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:04 am »
does hiv cause diarrheah? And is it a early sign or later sign of infection?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:21:58 am »
Miami,

You're not listening.

You haven't had a risk of hiv infection through kissing.

Stress is a big cause of diarrhea and so are many other things. Go see your doctor about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 06:31:53 am »
Well i had other encounters not just he one i told u about but i have been tested regulary so i am asking about this symptom   in general, I aiways use condoms for anal sex its the  other stuff i worry about

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 06:34:26 am »
Then when you see your doctor about the Hersey squirts, ask him. That's what you pay them for.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:34:56 am »
its not funny  im serious here and yur making lite of my symptoms and questons

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 07:47:08 am »
No, you're just not listening.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 12:53:23 pm »
Excuse me but  do  remeber when you got sick or u never got ill? Maybe you should try being a little less judgemental and making fun of people when they arent feeling well. I heard you wel and i am asking about   symptoms.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 01:17:10 pm »
Miami,

Symptoms, or even the lack of symptoms, mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. We've already told you this, yet you insist on going on about your symptoms. So far you have yet to mention something that is a real hiv transmission risk. It is very unlikely whatever you are experiencing has anything to do with hiv.

If your symptoms continue to bother you, see a doctor. You cannot be diagnosed over the internet.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 08:58:44 am »
I've just deleted your latest thread. Stop starting new threads. If you have another question or comment put it into this thread. That way readers can follow the previous exchanges and you will get more informed responses.
Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:53 am »
Im sorry thought i as doing it correctly. SoI am still having this diarreah fatigue and muscle joint pain and mu,bness going on for a mobth. Diarreah for a month isnt normal and im so scared. I know dairreah is a symptom of hiv  and so is fatigue so my doc ran hiv  test ad viral load about two weeks ago which were both negative and here i am stil  with these symptoms . Did anyone have these symptoms before getting dianosed? How accurate is a viral load?

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 09:15:29 am »
numbness in my  toes can that be cmv reticulopathy? And sleep like i havent slept in months,

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2006, 09:32:54 am »
Can anyone answer please

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2006, 10:30:59 am »
Yes, I am convinced that you're worried.

BUT, you've repeatedly been told that nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV. That hasn't seemed to have made a dent in your insisting HIV is the issue. It isn't. No kidding. We've done pretty much all we can for you here.

If your doctor can't find out what's causing your symptoms then get a second opinion. Neither you nor we can diagnose you properly.

All I can say is that HIV is not the issue no matter how you insist to the contrary. Period.

Along with further checking matters out medically you might find it worthwhile to see a therapist or other such professional to address the emotional aspects of whatever is going on.

Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2006, 08:36:31 pm »
but does hiv manifest with diarreah?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 05:13:27 am »
Miami,

No, it doesn't. And neither is it transmitted via kissing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 08:09:10 am »
Hey guys hope everyones doing fine. Its ben a while since i been on but was under alot of stress and lost my job back in october then had family illness.

I had a 2 separate  times when i perofrmed oral sex on guys of unknown status. The first guy i   performed oral on   i had a  sore on my lip. He didnt ejaculate in my mout but i was worried the  sore was open I couldnt tell. So I devided to get a hiv Pcr test.  Now waiting on the results, The second was yesterday while i perfored oral sex a guy  ejaculated in my mouth eithout telling me but i tried to spit it up as much as i  could. Im scared i may have  swallowed some. Now what. Do i have to retest again when these results come back? I have been really sick with various aches pains no appetite nausea (real bad) weakness and visual problems. Please help im very scared and worried.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:25:53 am »
Giving oral is a low level risk, even with ejaculation. It isn't something which we consider needs testing about.

You need to know that the PCR was never intended to be used for diagnostic purposes. Because of its high level of sensitivity it can often yield a FALSE positive. The best thing to do as far as HIV testing is to have a standard ELISA done. The CDC recommends doing it at 13 weeks after a risky incident.

Your anxiety about HIV is something you should be discussing with a therapist or other similar professional. As for your symptoms, talk to your doctor about them.

I still don't see this as being an HIV situation.

Andy Velez

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 08:28:38 am »
even with the open sore in the lip/mouth

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 09:11:28 am »
Even IF you had a sore in your mouth.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 04:16:09 pm »
please explain to me how someone cant get hiv from a positive person if there are open sores in the mouth while perfoming oral sex on the hiv poz person??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 04:27:41 pm »
What are you calling a sore, cold sore? canker sore? Open wound would produce copious amounts of blood and if that were happening you wouldn't be giving someone a blowjob. There is a difference between a sore and open wound that gushes blood. The body doesn't absorb the virus. Saliva prohibits that from happening. There are no CONFIRMED cases, for transmisson in that manner. There are no documented cases that can say that giving someone head was the only possible way that they were infected.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 08:12:56 am »
now i have symptoms i am so fatigued i need to rest all the time. i have on going nausea and weakness. The slighest activity and i need to rest.Friends who are posiive get these symptoms and  im here waiting for the doctors office to ring me up with my hiv test. How long  does hiv take at the begining  before u feel somewhat normal again?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 08:18:01 am »
Don't know what you have to worry about. You didn't have a risk with the situation you've provided here.

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 06:57:52 am »
I developed the worst flu  of my life and cant seem to shake it. Back in December had a few encounter of oral sex where i performed. Then i got  the flu from terrible sore throat body aches feverish and no appetite  I thought it cleared up but then i got sick again. I almost fainted with feverishness again the worst body aches head and eye pain and sleepy, I lost my appetite  now this  is going on 2 weeks  Swollen glands and no energy with chest pain.some sweting at night. Guys i just took a  viral load and hiv test  im super scared

Offline MiamiScared

Re: Please Answerhi
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
hi

please answer above

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 12:37:31 pm »
There is no question.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 12:44:46 pm »
I developed the worst flu  of my life and cant seem to shake it. Back in December had a few encounter of oral sex where i performed. Then i got  the flu from terrible sore throat body aches feverish and no appetite  I thought it cleared up but then i got sick again. I almost fainted with feverishness again the worst body aches head and eye pain and sleepy, I lost my appetite  now this  is going on 2 weeks  Swollen glands and no energy with chest pain.some sweting at night. Guys i just took a  viral load and hiv test  im super scared 

Report to moderator   

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 12:52:39 pm »
There still is no question.  If you have the flu I would go see a dr about it.  I dont know why you would take a VIRAL LOAD test.  You don't have HIV so they have no reason for it. 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 12:55:37 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline MiamiScared

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 03:10:30 pm »
Does seroconversion cause a type of real bad flu in some people? I have a very bad flu i cant get rid off and sont feel  noraml all over. I performed oral sex on different persons. When someonbody gets the seroconversion flu how long does itlast and do u ever recover?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:24 pm »
If you would take time and read the "Welcome" thread and follow the links, you would have known the answers.  The thread that says, "please read before posting."

Offline MiamiScared

Very Scared Steam Room Sperm
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »
Yesterday while in the steam room I gave a guy head and he eded up ejaculating out of my  mouth but I felt something hit my eye. I am worried  some of his sperm may have hit my right eye. So I immediatley went to go rinse off but  didnt feel anything sticky. Im worried I mave have been exposed can someone please comment.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Scared Steam Room Sperm
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »
You're worrying needlessly. HIV is a fragile virus. Although theoretically it could be transmitted in the manner you have described, in the real world of HIV we know that the only confirmed sexual transmissions of HIV are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

We do hear from time to time of someone saying they were infected through giving oral, but those cases never seem to hold up under careful scrutiny. Good sense dictates that giving head if you have a gaping new wound in your mouth or extremely poor oral care is not a good idea.

As for getting cum into your eye, IF that actually happened, and even you seem to doubts it actually happened, I've never known of transmission to happen in that manner. Given that you were in the steam room at the time that something you think you felt may just as likely have been perspiration.

I don't see any need for testing nor for further concern.

Cheers.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Very Scared Steam Room Sperm
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2009, 05:21:15 am »
Miami,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Don't think you'll be permitted to use this forum to go on and on about symptoms or whatever following your latest NO RISK situation - like you did last time. You'll quickly be given a time out if you do.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.