Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 365
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: :/  (Read 9991 times)

Offline 2blessed

:/
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:48:22 pm »
Hey I'm a male in my early 20's and I tested positive about a month and a half ago. I took the at home swab test first and got my confirmation from the doctor the next week. I've been doin well with it thus far I'm not sad alot... I do get scared sometimes but for the most part nothing has changed except I've gotten this renewed sense of purpose and life and a new religious relationship. It's funny because some people look at this as the end of your life but for me I think of it as the beginning. I just have hope that there WILL be a cute, that I'm here for more than what I have been doing, that I have to help others going through this, and that God has not forgotten his child. I hope that I find camaraderie on here. I've been browsing through this forum for a while and I like a lot of what I see.

Offline jaace24

Re: :/
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:24:03 pm »
Glad you are doing well.  All you can do is stay positive and keep your numbers up!  You aren't going anywhere.  I was diagnosed 1/25/13 and it still is a challenge but I get better everyday!

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:40:40 pm »
Glad you are doing well.  All you can do is stay positive and keep your numbers up!  You aren't going anywhere.  I was diagnosed 1/25/13 and it still is a challenge but I get better everyday!

Thank you I've talked with the doctors and I'm starting my meds soon they just called today actually and I'm having to choose between ¿Altripa? And ¿Complera? I've looks them up and the side effects freak me out because I'm not a drug person at all so hallucinations and stuff like that idk if I can deal, though I don't really have a choice I guess, but I don't have a history of kidney or liver problems so I'm fine on that end... Is there one that you would recommend?

And thank you I hope for the next 50 years we get to know each other well cuz neither of us is going any place:)

Offline jaace24

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:32:18 am »
Yes I plan on retiring in my old age and living a normal life.  I don't know about those drugs.  I was put on Prezista, Truvada, and Norvir.  Almost all of them can have problems with the liver and kidneys.  Just make sure you drink lots of fluids during the day and eat healthy and try to avoid alcohol as much as you can and you will be fine.  Can I ask you what your numbers are or were?

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:59:42 am »
Cd4 245 VL 36k

Offline jaace24

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:25 am »
ooh not bad numbers and they should only go up and before you know it VL will be undetected.  I'm sitting at CD4 220 my VL numbers havent come back from last week yet.  But I am guessing they will be undectable if not pretty close.  My VL last month was 1437.  I am going to my first support group tonight.

Offline texaninnyc87

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »
i've never heard of hallucinations from either of those drugs. also, only a very small percentage of people experience crazy side effects from modern day hiv drugs, so most likely you wont have any issue. i felt a little nausea the first few days but other than that experienced no side effects. you'll be fine!
Dxd: 9/11/12
Blot confirmed: 11/12
12/12 cd4: 280 (20%) vl: 129,000
1/13 $tribild
2/13 cd4: 350 (26%) vl: 80
4/13 cd4: 510 (29%) vl:: 35
6/13cd4 350 (31%) vl: 21
9/13 cd4 492 (30%) vl: ud
12/13 cd4 846 (36%) vl: 100
1/14 cd4 480 (31%) vl: UD
3/14 cd4 650 (33%) vl: UD
6/14 cd4 410 (35%) vl: UD
9/14 cd4 439 (38%) vl: UD
12/14 cd4 551 (37%) vl: UD

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 02:36:11 pm »
Thanks both of you I'm kinda excited to start the meds just cuz idk I still feel normal like nothing's happening and as far as family health we're clean as a whistle so I'm hoping that that helps me out a little as the road continues but I've been reading and people are saying things like memory loss and nightmares(which the one that freaks me out the most is this reoccurring nightmare of the thriller video it scares me to pieces) but I'm scared of memory loss cuz I'm just 22!! Plus I'm seeing my nonbiological grandfather go through it :( it hurts to see

Offline Beyondstatus

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 03:37:17 pm »
Hey there. I'm only 24 and was recently diagnosed as well (2/4/13). I started on Atripla about a month ago. I have had one or two vivid dreams, but nothing too crazy. The only other side effect I've had was being a bit drowsy in the morning when I wake up. That's pretty much worn off now, and I've only been on the meds for 1 month and 1 day.

If you wanna chat or just need a listening ear feel free to hit me up!
Diagnosed: 2/1/13
Confirmed: 2/4/13
2/13/13: CD4 602 25.4% viral load 60,178
3/9/13: started Atripla
4/10/13: CD4 572 35% viral load 215

Offline buginme2

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »
Hallucinations?  Where did you get that from?
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 04:42:26 pm »
Hallucinations?  Where did you get that from?

I was looking up side effects and saw it...it definitely freaked me out lol

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
Hey there. I'm only 24 and was recently diagnosed as well (2/4/13). I started on Atripla about a month ago. I have had one or two vivid dreams, but nothing too crazy. The only other side effect I've had was being a bit drowsy in the morning when I wake up. That's pretty much worn off now, and I've only been on the meds for 1 month and 1 day.

If you wanna chat or just need a listening ear feel free to hit me up!

Thanks! When u say vivid dreams what do u mean? And do I think it's better to take it at night?

Offline buginme2

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »
If you look up the side effects of penicillin they are pretty scary.  Just because it was listedas a side effect doesn't mean it's anywhere near gonna happen.   I've taken both Atripla and Complera.
They are both good and bad.

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 05:18:39 pm »
So for what reason did u change meds, if that's too personal I understand, I just don't completely understand like if they just stop working over time or if there are other reasons people change up

Offline Beyondstatus

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 05:25:06 pm »
Thanks! When u say vivid dreams what do u mean? And do I think it's better to take it at night?

When I say vivid dreams, I mean dreams that seem very real while its going on and I can remember exactly what happened after I wake up and go about my day.

I do think it's better to take at night especially because my doctor told me not to eat two hours before of after taking it, you absorb too much of the drug and it can worsen side effects. I take mines at 11pm, I've found it's a great time for me. I also keep two pills in a pill caddy on my key chain in case I'm not home.

Offline 2blessed

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 07:25:28 pm »
When I say vivid dreams, I mean dreams that seem very real while its going on and I can remember exactly what happened after I wake up and go about my day.

I do think it's better to take at night especially because my doctor told me not to eat two hours before of after taking it, you absorb too much of the drug and it can worsen side effects. I take mines at 11pm, I've found it's a great time for me. I also keep two pills in a pill caddy on my key chain in case I'm not home.

Ok thank u, my dreams usually seem real anyway especially one I had where I was running from big foot lol

Offline Beyondstatus

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:31 pm »
Ok thank u, my dreams usually seem real anyway especially one I had where I was running from big foot lol

Lol, well I'm glad you got away! :o

Well keep us posted on what you decide and how everything's going.

Offline paulsmithpoz10

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:40 am »
I just tested positive 2 months ago. My doctor and I decided that I should take meds Estiva and Avocomb. I read reviews that I might have nightmares or hard time sleeping. I have been taking the meds for 4 days now, just feel dopey and sleepy the whole day. No nightmares. I just hope dizziness will be gone. Just make sure you follow your doctor's advise and as Ann told me before, ask questions. =)
CD4: 348 VL:147,000 - March 13,2013
CD4: 413 VL:49 - August 9, 2013
CD4: 619 VL:31 - January 30, 2014

Offline Pontus

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 10:57:44 am »
Hey I'm a male in my early 20's and I tested positive about a month and a half ago. I took the at home swab test first and got my confirmation from the doctor the next week. I've been doin well with it thus far I'm not sad alot... I do get scared sometimes but for the most part nothing has changed except I've gotten this renewed sense of purpose and life and a new religious relationship. It's funny because some people look at this as the end of your life but for me I think of it as the beginning. I just have hope that there WILL be a cute, that I'm here for more than what I have been doing, that I have to help others going through this, and that God has not forgotten his child. I hope that I find camaraderie on here. I've been browsing through this forum for a while and I like a lot of what I see.

Hello and welcome to the forum (although I am fairly new myself).  I was diagnosed last month (western blot).  Last week I finally got all my numbers with a CD4 of 396 and VL of 500K.  I started taking Stibild 6 days ago and so far no egregious side effect  (although it does seem like I get a lil nausea in the mornings).  After talking to my doc he was very confident he could have my VL down to UD by December (It would be a great xmas gift if it happens).

What I have learnt so far on this new path I walk is it can be lonely at times.  But I also know there are many angels out there who want to listen and even help. Seek them out, be open, listen to them.  It has cost me lots of tears to come to terms which the consequence of my decisions.  But here I am.... I'm alive, I wake up every morning, I stick to my schedule and I pray for strength and better things to come.  Should you need someone to walk down this new road, I am here.. we are all here.  I am a message away and willing to listen.

To borrow from the book The Help,   "You is kind. You is smart. You is important" and my own addition to this "you is loved".
05-17-13 - Diagnosed/ Westerblot
06-03-13 - VL=500,193 / CD4 384
06-03-13 - Gnome - no resistance
06-05-13 - Start Stribild
07-23-13 - VL = 100 / CD4 664
10-14-13 - VL = 40 / CD4 592
01-03-14 - VL = UD /CD4 784

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.