Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:05:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: wazzzzzup? need advice and stuff  (Read 13546 times)

Offline tornado

wazzzzzup? need advice and stuff
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:35:12 am »
Hi,

1st of all, thanks for this web site.  I would have gone absolutely crazy if it weren’t for this online community.  To be sure, this is my first post.

Ok, here’s the deal.  I met a wonderful woman about 3 months ago.  I feel we have hit it off really well, and I really like like her.  She’s HIV positive and I’m negative.  We are lesbians.  We haven’t had real sex yet.  I’m going to a HIV doctor today to get some straight answers about this type of relationship.

But since I’m impatient and a little weary of doctors, I want to ask you guys some things:

1.   What is the occurrence rate of lesbians transmitting HIV…and don’t give me that example of a couple who transmitted it via toys that had blood on them…..isn’t there any more data besides that?
2.   Is kissing really not a risk?  What about if you both eat Doritos or other crunchy things right before a French kiss?
3.   Oral sex:  do we really have to use dental dams every single time?
4.   Are there others here who are lesbians? Any advice?
5.   I want to hear from those who have seroconverted from a positive partner.  What do you really think about that?  Are you mad or upset?  Are you still with that poz partner?

Thanks in advance for reading this and if you respond, I’ll give you good vibes in the universe…..karma.

tornado

Dan J.

Re: wazzzzzup? need advice and stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:38 am »
Hi Tornado & welcome to the forums!

I don't know the answer to your first question, but Iam sure someone will chime in with one soon.

Kissing isn't a risk & if you want to pass a dorito from your mouth to hers it will be ok.

Don't know anything about oral sex & hiv transmission from awith a woman because I've never had sex with one to know... Again somebody will answer soon.

My seroconversion was way back in the '80's & to tell you the truth I can't remember much about it. Heck, I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night!   I wasn't infected by a partner , at least I think it wasn't him.  I amnot mad at him, why should I be? If it was by him he didn't know, hell I could have infected him. We found out at the same time in 1986.

Anywho, Just wanted to say Hey Girl! Welcome, we glad you are here! We need more of our lesbian sisters around here.

Dan J.  :)

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:22:32 am »
1.   What is the occurrence rate of lesbians transmitting HIV…and don’t give me that example of a couple who transmitted it via toys that had blood on them…..isn’t there any more data besides that? Transmission between lesbians is very low risk.
2.   Is kissing really not a risk?  What about if you both eat Doritos or other crunchy things right before a French kiss? Kissing is very low risk.  Eating and drinking isn't a risk either
3.   Oral sex:  do we really have to use dental dams every single time? The incidence of transmission through oral sex is quite low, however, it never hurts to be on the safe side of things
4.   Are there others here who are lesbians? Any advice? There may be, but my posting time is so low cuz of school I can't answer this question
5.   I want to hear from those who have seroconverted from a positive partner.  What do you really think about that?  Are you mad or upset?  Are you still with that poz partner? I sero'd from my partner back in 2003.  It was a mess that could have been avoided, but here I am.  I was very upset because I was lied to about it.  I am not longer with him.
Poz since 2003.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 10:53:40 am »
Hi Tornado,

I've moved your thread to the "Someone I Care About" forum, which is a more appropriate forum for your situation.

1.   What is the occurrence rate of lesbians transmitting HIV…and don’t give me that example of a couple who transmitted it via toys that had blood on them…..isn’t there any more data besides that?

No, there really isn't any more data than that, simply because there is nothing to document. Hiv transmission between lesbians is rare in the extreme.

2.   Is kissing really not a risk?  What about if you both eat Doritos or other crunchy things right before a French kiss?

Kissing is not a risk, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

3.   Oral sex:  do we really have to use dental dams every single time?

No, you don't have to use them at all. Cunnilingus is NOT a risk for hiv transmission. The "fluid" that can be infectious is actually a thick mucus that covers and protects the cervix. You won't come into contact with this (unless you have a ten inch tongue and if that's the case, I want your contact details ;) ) The fluids a woman produces when sexually aroused come from two gland on either side of the vaginal opening and have not been shown to be any more infectious than sweat or tears. (Sweat and tears aren't infectious)

Most of the woman to woman hiv transmissions have been between women who have shared drug injecting equipment. Really, this is the only thing you need to avoid. Hiv is a very fragile, difficult to transmit virus.

Good luck with your relationship. Hiv does not have to be a barrier to a full life together. You might want to check out our Welcome Thread where you'll find links to other sections of this website, such as the Lessons.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tornado

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 07:35:28 pm »
thanks a lot everyone who replied.  and ann, i have NEVER been good at organization...you can move my posts to mars if you have to.  :P

i went to the doc later today and got the EXACT same advice you guys are giving.  and i got a free box of latex gloves!

finally, question: am i supposed to recycle my threads here?  like, if i want to come back here and talk some more about my poz/neg relationship, am i supposed to re-use this thread?

sending warm and fuzzy karma out to you all...

tornado

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:42:22 pm »
i think you can also start new threads if the topic you want to talk about is different to this one.

cheers and welcome to the family

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:26:20 am »
Hello again Tornado,

I don't think moving your threads to Mars will be necessary, but you never know so I'll keep your permission in mind. ;D

Why were you given latex gloves? Fingering or any kind of mutual masturbation is also not a risk for hiv infection. If my partner came anywhere near me with latex gloves on, all hell would break loose. I really hope you read this before you try the gloves out on your partner - you'll insult the hell out of her with them. Don't throw them out though, they might come in handy for painting or other mucky jobs around the house.

As for new threads, yes, if it's a different subject, start a new thread. If you want to talk more about hiv transmission and prevention, use this thread.

Ann
xxx

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 08:52:56 pm »
Hi Tornado

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with Ann regarding the Latex gloves, I can't imagine for the life of me why they gave them to you..they certainly don't belong in the bedroom..unless of course you are thinking of painting the walls...if anyone came near me with them they would end up eating carpet with my foot on their neck... ;)

Hope you stay around.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline tornado

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 10:36:23 pm »
ok, ok ok!  i'll think twice about using gloves....but don't you think it's sort of kinky in a good way?  maybe not.

the doc gave me the gloves after i asked for some.  the doc said that i could take the entire box.  interestingly though the doc said that penetration may be a risk....b/c of the cervix....

to be honest, i'm not a good planner when it comes to sex.  i tend to follow my bliss.  so, this is new to me.  what do you think about that?  isn't it difficult to plan something that is so sensual?....you follow what feels good ( :o ), you know?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:30:15 am »
Hi Tornado,

Well, the gloves could possibly be a kinky turn-on and that's something you'd have to discuss with your girlfriend - BEFORE you try to use them with her. I know what my answer would be (NO WAY!) but your gf might feel differently.

Hiv cannot get through intact skin. Even if you have small cuts on your fingers, it's nothing to worry about. My partner works in the construction trade and he's always got cuts and nicks on his hands. We've been together for eight years and he's still negative. The only barrier we use is condoms for intercourse, something you won't need to worry about in your relationship. But please know that I'm not telling you anything that I don't practice in my own life. Neither fingering nor cunnilingus are risks for hiv infection.

And I agree with you - spontaneous sex is always the best. When ever it's planned for, things always seem to conspire to thwart even the best laid plans. ::)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tornado

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 02:18:11 pm »
hi all.  especially ann  ;D

i'm here again b/c i need to be re-assured and i'd rather not ask my new girlfriend to do that.

IS KISSING REALLY OK?

IS ORAL SEX REALLY OK?....me receiving....  8)   :o

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
Tornado,

Kissing is fine. Oral is fine. Re-read your entire thread for more reassurance.

It sounds like you're still seeing each other, so... :)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tornado

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:41:09 pm »
yeah, everything's going fine.  sometimes i freak out and think my throat is sore and i check my lymph nodes, but most of the time, i'm totally ok with kissing and other stuff.

i hate to say it, i'm an impulsive and risky person anyway, so the fact that my awesome new gf is poz is good and bad in my situation.  i just don't care sometimes....especially when i'm really turned on...physically and emotionally. 

as always, again, thanks for this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 06:39:44 pm »
Tornado,

Unless one of you grows a penis and you proceed to have unprotected intercourse with each other, you'd really have to work at it to become infected through sexual activity. It certainly isn't going to happen through kissing, fingering or cunnilingus.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 12:36:01 am »
Tornado,

Unless one of you grows a penis and you proceed to have unprotected intercourse with each other
My lesbian neighbors have a a penis straw.. they tried to make me suck on it yesterday but I refused. The balls were too small!

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline tornado

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 02:49:50 pm »
ya know, i have to ask.  why on earth would a lesbian have a penis straw?  unless that's some sort of slang for a dilly or turkey baster...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.