Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:49:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV questions and i received good news  (Read 8430 times)

Offline pleasehelp2431

HIV questions and i received good news
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:50:13 pm »
hi, great site, well done to everyone on here helping others.

Well my worry is.. 14 months ago had 1 and only sexual encounter.. unprotected and the girl was no angel. no oral.. i was so drunk i was barely erect from what i remember no cum.

then a month ago started having a discharge followed by what seemed like blood in my semen. went to doc he said not to worry "can just happen" got anti biotics. discharge still comes now and again semes back to normal. what im wondering from that is the likelhood i contacted HIV?

then with my g/f who is a virgin. she was giving me a blowjob no cum as i stopped her as i wanted to get tested just to be sure from that 1 time. then we were both real drunk.. my penis did graze her vagina, we were both real turned on.. so more than likely "fluids" were exchanged.. but my penis wasnt inserted into her.

she then got a flu about a week after.. and thats my worry.. just wondering what the chances are of me and her getting HIV or anything for that matter.

Thanks in advance, appreciate it.

Offline RapidRod

Re: possibily infected my g/f with an STD
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:41:52 pm »
Have you tested for HIV? You did put yourself at risk by having unprotected vaginal sex.

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 06:41:38 pm »
im awaiting my results.. just wondering what the chances are that i have it? reading the net really doesnt help with anxiety

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:55:11 pm »
Well, it's not absolutely certain from what you have written that penetration actually took place that first time. But the wise thing is to get tested and you've done that.

HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. it's significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. Given it was a single and brief incident the odds are very much in your favor against transmission having occured.

As for your gf, those are not HIV-specific symptoms and I wouldn't expect ARS to show up that quickly. So I think we're really talking here more about your fears and anxiety than anything else. I expect you are going to test negative and that will put the issue to rest.

You need to learn from this experience. Casual sex and excessive drinking make for a dangerous combination. And you ought not to be having unprotected intercourse until you are in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners test negative together.

If you continue to have symptoms of any sort, that's something to discuss with your doctor. Other stds are much easier to acquire than HIV. He can check them out for you.

Good luck with your test. I expect you to get good news.   
Andy Velez

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 07:05:47 pm »
cheers thanks alot.. that was a first time for me. have had a girlfriend now for a few months but bar that drunk mistake there.. havent wanted to or been willing to do anything. thanks.. and goodluck

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:35:59 pm »
OK. I expect you will come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:19:54 pm »
sorry to bother again.. this is more of self education with HIV. from reading what seemed a reputable forum one memer said to someone having no symptons after 7 weeks is a great sign? how true is that? as like i said i know my g/f about a week came down with strong flu smptons( i know could just be the flu)

and does it have to be penetrative sex as well for the infection/disease to spread to the other body or as i previously described can the infection pass simply from from fluids mixing? thanks

just thought id ask you guys here as you seem to know what your talkin about. thanks in advance

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:47:14 pm »
You don't have to have symptoms to be infected with HIV.  Yes you have to have penetrative sex as in unprotected vaginal or anal sex to transmit HIV. You should take the time to read the lessons on transmission. The link can be found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 05:10:43 pm »
well results back tomorrow.. what a horrible feeling. havent eaten in a few days now. again if the penis just brushes the vagina without being inserted yet semen/ or pre semen comes in touch with the vagnina can HIV bein transmitted through this? as thats my only fear for her. otherwise she is 100% safe.

also if a girl is HIV positive, and your having unprotected sex yet you do no cum.. can the virus still be transmitted like this? thanks.. and hope everyones well

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 06:20:14 pm »
NO, on question one and Yes, on question two. You don't need ejaculation to transmit HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 07:01:25 pm »
It's more difficult for HIV to be transmitted to the insertive partner. But more difficult is not the same as no risk. So have all the partners you like. Just make sure to always use a condom until such time as you maybe in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners have tested negative together.
Andy Velez

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 01:25:30 pm »
turns out mistake and have to await a few more days till i find out results.. seeing as you guys a re experts in the STD/I field. my g/f has just announced she has a cold sore.

The virus that causes cold sores is known as the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV, type I and type II. Cold sores are usually caused by type I. Herpes simplex infections are contagious. The virus is spread from person to person by kissing or other close contact with sores or even from contact with apparently normal skin that is shedding the virus. Infected saliva is also a means of transmitting the virus. "

if i find out out i have even Herpes then could i have given my g/f this from just kissing her.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 01:28:53 pm »
NO. Plain and simple.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 01:44:39 pm »
please,

You can give your girlfriend herpes by kissing her (on the mouth or on her sex organs) but you CANNOT give your gf hiv by kissing her.

Kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter what sort of spin you put on it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 01:47:38 pm »
i know kissing cant transmit HIV.. but why do you say herpes can be transmitted through kissing and Rod says no?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 01:51:50 pm »
Rod didn't. I was answering the HIV question.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 01:53:08 pm »
I believe Rod was talking about hiv. I'm sure he knows that herpes can be spread through kissing - provided of course you have a blister, even if it's just starting or nearly healed, on your lip when you're doing the kissing.

Or if you have a blister on your genitals when you're having sex. If it's covered by a condom, fine. If not, you could spread it to the other person's genitals or their mouth in the case of oral sex.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 01:56:13 pm »
As for HSV1, she could have had it since she was a baby from being kissed by family members.

Offline pleasehelp2431

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 02:03:47 pm »
ah i see. and can herpes lie dorment, and does it always have symptons, as from my story.. i never had any reason to think i had anything.. could it have laid dorment then passed it on to her?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 02:09:56 pm »
please,

A huge portion of the human population has herpes of some description and your gf could have had it long before she met you. A person with oral herpes can also transfer it to their own genitals by touching the sore then touching elsewhere on their own body. 

There are plenty of herpes websites out there and I suggest you find one and do your own research. The focus of THIS website is hiv, not herpes.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline pleasehelp2431

HIV questions and i received good news
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 03:18:20 pm »
Hi,

I posted here before and came out ok, havent felt so good.

But I had a bad upbringing and wasnt taught about HIV or STD'S just wondering if you could answer few brief questions and i wont post back again. i read the intro just have a few more questions as from scouring the net i felt you guys to know what your talking about.

are your chances of getting HIV/AIDS lessoned if you have no std's prior to having sex wth a positive person, or if its just briefly or no cum. if you penetrate/thrust one time only then pull out with no cum... do any of these factors come into it.

also what are the chances of gettin HIV from someone who is positive if you sleep unprotected with them?

Thanks for the reasurance before. wish you all the best   :)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: HIV questions and i received good news
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 04:35:38 pm »
Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: HIV questions and i received good news
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 05:30:47 pm »
please,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You're looking for trouble. You need to use condoms for anal or vaginal penetration, end of story. Tempting yourself with "just one unprotected stroke" or whatever is just plain stupid.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.