Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:04:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773286
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 341
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Special Purgatory for the formerly banned?  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Special Purgatory for the formerly banned?
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:47:59 am »
After easily surmounting innumerable reasons for not posting I gave in and posted 2 or 3 messages tonight but noticed that I'm apparently in a minor limbo in regard to the AM forum index page.  As you can see from the screen snapshot below my posts are not appearing in the "Info Center" list of new posts at the bottom of the page:

Off Topic Forum For casual conversation only    41876 Posts in 3322 Topics    
Last post on Today at 01:20:13 AM
in Re: Another goodbye on a... by Boo Radley

AIDSmeds/POZ Community Forums - Info Center
Recent Posts

[Living With HIV]    Re: I've been bad by matty.the.damned    Today at 01:23:06 AM
[Living With HIV]    Re: I've been bad by pinkadam    Today at 01:09:21 AM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: Boycott of McDonalds!!!! PLEASE PARTICIPATE! by fearless    Today at 12:49:47 AM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: please help , i know im being stupid by thunter34    Today at 12:36:10 AM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: please help , i know im being stupid by whymewhyg    Today at 12:24:27 AM
[Living With HIV]    Re: AIDS project--can anyone help me?! by matty.the.damned    Today at 12:04:30 AM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: I became a new mother yesterday afternoon by Lisa    Today at 12:00:51 AM
[Long-Term Survivors]    Re: Survivor's Guilt by OzPaul    Yesterday at 11:52:17 PM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: goodbye by northernguy    Yesterday at 11:45:56 PM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: My Email address was hidden. How did these people get it? by thunter34    Yesterday at 11:42:33 PM

I posted a message at 1:20AM (as evidenced by the Off Topic Forum info at top of quote) but in the list at page bottom there are posts at 1:09 and 1:23 but no me, me, me.  The 1:20AM post wasn't the first I noticed but I thought my mind was playing tricks on me again.

If this is a minor price I have to pay I can easily live with it but I'm afraid the many readers who come to AM specifically looking for my pearls of wisdom may miss one or two.  Can I have my own index page?
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Special Purgatory for the formerly banned?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:57:45 am »
It shows up to me, Boo.  I clicked on the thread from the main page because I saw you had posted.

Just fyi.

And can you have your own index page....methinks ya best not push it, Bookins.   ;)

EDIT:  Obviously, it is working from here or else I wouldn't have known to come see this and reply.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:06:10 am »
Same here Boodles. I found it because it appeared on the Main Page.

:-*

MtD

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:24:14 am »
Oh my god!!

It's a conspiracy to drive me deeper into the insanity slowly pervading my entire life. 

I just got up to look in a mirror and saw a horrible creature!! 

Oh, wait, that was a Bosch painting.  Never mind.

Maybe if I log out and back in all will be better.

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 05:14:10 am »
Boo,

Nobody sees their own post in the "Info Center" listings - because it is assumed that you know you just posted.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:07:02 am »
Boo,

Nobody sees their own post in the "Info Center" listings - because it is assumed that you know you just posted.

Ann

Well, thank you very much for demonstrating I'm bouncing around on Mars or Jupiter or other celestial plane, but obviously not this teeny little speck called Earth.  I also think it highly presumptuous to expect anyone to remember what she/he just posted.  ;) 

I can't even remember my last thought.  You may look for your glasses when they're on top of your head but I frantically search for mine when I'm wearing them.  I'm so blind I make bat-like squeaks while walking around so I don't stumble into trees, walls, cars, and other obstacles.

I've always seen my posts in that space so I know this is just another part of the conspiracy!!  Whether they were really there or not is immaterial!!  I know I saw them

I fear my ~20 day absence (ahem, of sorts) has made me more familiar with the index page as a non-member because the crappy methods I was using to log in often logged me out and I had to log back in repeatedly.  I am quite diligent when it comes to screwing with authority, as I'm sure the FBI can tell you if you have the connections to get them to release TOP SECRET documents.  Let's just say Chernobyl was no accident.

And I promise you I'll never desert you again because after 'Salome' we'll make another picture and another picture. You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark!... All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:32 pm »
Boo,

O RLY?  Why am I seeing this today?

AIDSmeds/POZ Community Forums - Info Center
Recent Posts
Recent Posts    
[Off Topic Forum]    larger default font size for quoted text? by Boo Radley    Today at 02:54:47 PM
[Forums Gatherings]    Re: AMG07 T-Shirt Contest / Post Your Designs Here by Dan J.    Today at 02:54:26 PM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: Virginia Tech University shootings by jack    Today at 02:53:47 PM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!! by americande    Today at 02:53:24 PM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!! by Ann    Today at 02:53:00 PM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: Virginia Tech University shootings by jack    Today at 02:52:38 PM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!! by ACinKC    Today at 02:52:27 PM
[Am I Infected?]    Re: Experts Please help......I'm devastated!!! by Andy Velez    Today at 02:51:32 PM
[Off Topic Forum]    Re: Virginia Tech University shootings by philly267    Today at 02:51:21 PM
[Forums Gatherings]    Re: Southern Spring Gathering by Dan J.    Today at 02:50:29 PM

Thanks?  I think...

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:55 pm »
I don't know why Boo couldn't see his own posts the other night when we all could, but I will add that I have always been able to see my own posts on the main page immediately after posting.  Always.

Maybe I'm floating around the cosmos myself!   :o
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 05:18:28 pm »
I never use Info Center for some reason.  Am I missing something?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 05:24:12 pm »
Ooops, sorry, I've realised I was thinking of the "show unread" page. I do apologise.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
My PI attorney tells me I have a sure win mental anguish and sufffering suit ready-made by this publicly recorded effort to push me over the brink to insanity (too late!).   Psychiatric bills alone will peak near $1,000,000.00 before the PTSD diagnosed 4/16/07 by noted forensic psychiatrist, Herbert S. Glumm, has been satisfactorily cured.  Awards for mental anguish and suffering will ineluctably reach a 7 or 8 digit figure (US $).

All legally liable forums admins and members are hereby put on notice of imminent legal summons being served for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals trial to be scheduled in the near future, in Re:  Radley vs. AIDSmeds, et alia, docket number CFA-898643

All pertinent data has been digitally verified, signed, and stored by 3 separate agencies working on behalf of Shyster, Shyster, and Schmuck, LLC, Attorney Leonard Putz, chief attorney for plaintiff. 

Be prepared for staggering legal costs in addition to punitive damages of at least $15,000,000.00.  I am wiling to negotiate out-of-court but $3,250,000.00 is the lowest good faith amount for which I will settle.  We all know I could rake in 5 times that amount if this matter is forced into litigation.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:57 pm »
I thought I advised you to take a nap.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:14 pm »
  Am I missing something?

You really don't want us to answer that question, do you philly?

"few bricks shy" popped into my head but I don't know why...

He who has the unmitigated gall to caste a grain of sand in anyone's direction but his own.  I ordered a self-help boomerang this morning so when I toss out faux pearls of wisdom they'll come flying back and smack me in the head if I'm not careful.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.