Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:48:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hep B and HIV coinfection  (Read 27628 times)

Offline regretidiotz

Hep B and HIV coinfection
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:57:52 pm »
i have read through some posters saying that most people will test pos by 4-6 weeks.
others will be by 3 mths.
waht about coinfection case? understand it will delay antibodies detection.

1) Is the delay in antibody detection true?
2) If yes, how long is the delay?
3) if tested negative at 7 weeks, what is likelihood that the result is delayed because of hep?
4) does any of the veteran posters here experienced or encounter cases of people testing negative at 7 weeks, then pos later?
5) when antibodies are detected, will symptoms usually still be around? or are they already beaten down by antibodies?
6) will symptoms come after 2 weeks, go off after 3 weeks, then come back for 2-3 days later in intervals (about 2 weeks)?

really need some advise.....have not been able to live in peace since exposure..........thank you in advance.........

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
Re: Hep B and HIV coinfection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:54:51 pm »
Regretidiotz,

A 13 week hiv test should be conclusive regardless of co-infection with Hep b.  Those who test negative at 7 weeks rarely test positive thereafter.

What specifically was your risk?

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:47:40 am »
hi Morgan,
my exposure is high risk. unprotected vaginal sex with a sex worker in philippines. it was so stupid of me. i know symptom means nothing, but they are so real to me, and come and go at classical timing.the thing is, my wife has many similar ones too....and i have not had sex with her after my exposure, except for a 30sec oral sex (i wipped away all precum) and i ejaculated onto her nipple. she's pregnant at that time, and i'm 1 wk after exposure, which is the most poisonous. i think i have infected her through the sperm on nipple. we realised she has a miscarrige 5 days later. i am so very guilty.......thats why i can't quite believe my 7 wks result.....for past 1 week i feel some abdominal discomfort (liver problem??), and it's about 9 wks after exposure now. that's why i suspect i have gotten hepb also.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 02:53:04 am »
Regret,

Unprotected anal or vaginal sex is a risk for HIV transmission, but you need to understand that HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. Especially from a woman to a man.

You need to test 12-13 weeks after the incident. You should also be tested for other sexually transmissible diseases and that includes Hepatitis B.

Please understand that HIV doesn't cause miscarriages. I understand that you feel very guilty at the moment and are probably experiencing some grief over your wife's miscarriage. Your wife cannot contract HIV because you ejaculated on her nipple.

If you've had unprotected vaginal or anal sex with your wife it's important that she get tested for HIV and other STD's too. Until you're certain you're negative you must use condoms when having sexual intercourse with your wife. Not to mention if you have sex with other people as well.

Please read our Welcome Thread and learn about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Regards,

MtD

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 04:37:25 am »
Hi MTD,

thank you for the advise.
i have been trying hard to tell myself that....but everytime i see my wife having some symptoms, my heart just break.
i have very bad muscle spasm and tremors 2 weeks after exposure. especially after meals and at night....i will also feel warm.
think its the body burning up more food to fight the virus.
my wife also have the same spasm/tremors 2 weeks later! its too much of a conicidence.
we never had such spasm before, but how can we both have it now? i can practically see her hand jerking when she sleeps.
have anyone heard of such ARS before?? usually i heard tingling of hands, pain at the finger, burning of hands and foot.
but never really come across this.
this muscle spasm and the diarhoea are the 2 things that both my wife and me had. and i can't buy the idea that we both can have these at the same time if nothing is wrong.
yet, i heard there is low risk with oral sex and sperm on nipple.....then did i passed to my wife??
maybe the strain in SE Asia is different and trasmit differently and causes different symptoms.
i had not have sex with my wife after that, using her miscarriage as an excuse.
i will test for other STDs also after i have my 3mth test.
please pray for me........thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 04:52:31 am »
regret,

It is highly unlikely that you have become infected with hiv. I've never seen a six-week-or-more negative test turn positive after. You do need to test again at the 12-13 week point, but it is only to make absolutely certain.

None of the symptoms you or your wife are experiencing point to hiv - but they do point to stress. No wonder, you've just lost a pregnancy and that is stressful for any couple. In addition, you are also worrying about hiv.

I fully expect you to continue to test negative. And by the way, you don't have wait until three months have passed to be tested for most of the other STIs. Go get tested now because that will be one less thing for you to worry about. See your doctor or local sexual health care clinic.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:13:12 am »
Hi Ann,

thanks so much for the reassuring words.
i am praying every night and every moment when i'm alone for a negative result.
i really regret my actions a lot. Plus the symptoms just felt too real.
but i will try to pull myself through the next few weeks.
i will surely take the STI test + Hep B test.
after my 7 week result, i was pretty assured.
until recent doubts about hepB coinfection creeps in.
not many people have such coinfection, so maybe not many went thru what i went thru.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 05:20:33 am »
regret,

Nothing you report points to hep B infection either.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 12:10:53 am »
at this point, do you think i should take a test at 10 or 11 weeks?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 04:20:29 am »
No, if you are going to retest, you test at 12/13 weeks, not 10 or 11 weeks.

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 05:01:49 am »
just thinking if there's co-infection, the test might show now. of still negative, then should be quite safe. of course will take another at 12-13wks.
also, is it easy to get hepb & hiv from same unprotected exposure?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 07:46:54 am »
Have you been exposed to shit? If the answer is no, then you are more than unlikely to get HBV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 07:49:59 am »
Right now you are seeing everything you call a symptom through guilt. That's bad for you and bad for your marriage.

You're a dog like the rest of us and you went straying. Your fears about having infected your wife have no basis whatsoever in HIV science.

Given that all but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to HIV, a negative at 7 weeks is the next-best-thing to an all clear in your situation. I expect you will continue to test negative.

As for your symptoms, discuss them with your doctor. It's not surprising that all kinds of things are showing up since you are so stressed, which is something that will know your immune system down.

As for the future, the most loving thing you can do for yourself and for your wife is to give up the indulgence of guilt right now. You did what you did and you can't rewrite that bit of your personal history. Take a breath and let it go. Get on with your life which is the best for all concerned.

Cheers,  

Andy Velez

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 07:27:41 pm »
Hi Rapid,

No, I have not been exposed to shit. But I think that is more Hep A. Hep B is through sex and other stuff. That is my worry.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your advise and calming words. I really hope I am not one of the small no. of people whose test doesn;t show by 4-6 weeks.

Regards

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 12:48:13 am »
hi Ann, Andy, MtD, Rapid and other experts,

i have seen you mentioned 'vast majority' of positive people will show if tested 4-6weeks. but in this website, the doctor replied that it's only 85%. Is this the figure we are looking at when refering to vast majority?

Pls advise. Thanks.

Regards

http://experts.about.com/q/Immunology-including-AIDS-973/hope-3.htm

Yes, the rapid tests are accurate, particularly with respect to results which are negative (they have a slightly higher false positive level).  A test at 8.5 weeks would find over 80% of true positives.

Thus, I would still recommend a follow-up test in another month or so, but all in all, the news is good!

David

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 12:56:20 am »
Regretz,

We don't deal with numbers like 85% when it comes to predicting "risks" of contracting HIV from specific behaviours, they're really just meaningless in individual cases. I urge you to re-read the advice that we've given you in this thread and take the time to re-read the Welcome Thread.

You did read the Welcome Thread didn't you?

One other thing, I wouldn't be seeking information about HIV/AIDS on any other web-site than this one.

We're the best -- forget the rest.

MtD

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 01:12:06 am »
Hi MtD,

Thanks for your reply. i have been searching the web for hiv infor for the past 2 mths.....thebody.com is good. but i must admit that this really is the best....with sound and patient advise from people in the know.

i am just really worried about the accuracy of my 7 weeks test.i really hope it is correct. my major worry now is with the hepB and hiv coinfection.

symptoms on me alone is fine, but my wife has them also.....this is the killer. she doesn't have rashes before, but since 2 weeks after possible exposure from me,she has been having this itchy rash on her arms and legs. this appears for maybe 1-2hrs, then disappear for 1-2 days. it appears when wind blows direct at her arm or leg. i heard such rashes is due to 'contaminated' blood. could be the virus in the blood?

Regards

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 01:15:35 am »
Regretz,

I'm not going to get into a symptoms thing with you. Also all the answers to your questions are in this thread and our Welcome Thread.

MtD
(Who doesn't care for thebody.com)

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 04:54:00 am »
hi Ann, Andy and others,

does anyone has any experience or knowledge on how long hepB is going to delay the testing for hiv?
since vast majority if infected will test by 6 weeks, will hepB delay the antibodies beyond 7 weeks?
what is autoimmune disease....surely hepB is one.
and it says it will delay testing for hiv antibodies.
this abdominal discomfort is just so discomforting.....comes and go in every part of the abdominal...
pls pls advise. thanks.

regretidiotz

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:50 am »
Have you tested for HBV?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 06:36:49 am »
Regret,

I cannot find a single article that supports your fear of hiv/hbv coinfection delaying the production of antibodies to either virus.

Your seven week negative hiv result is highly unlikely to change.

If you're worried about hep B infection, get tested. If the test results are negative, get vaccinated so you don't have to worry about hep B again.

Nothing, NOTHING you have reported is hiv or hep B specific. And those rashes of your wife's sound like allergy. Hiv rash does NOT itch or appear when the wind blows. Get her to see her doctor if the rashes continue to bother her. They are NOTHING to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 06:40:13 am »
I can't find ant documents that would lengthen the window period being co-infected.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 07:33:21 pm »
I asked my ID doctor your question she said that HBV,HAV or HCV would not prolong or interfer with your window period.

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 10:57:40 pm »
Hi Rapid & Ann,

Thanks again for your advise.
I feel more confident over my 7 weeks test results now.

* Rapid, can't believe you even bother to ask your doctor about my question. i really can't explain how much i appreciate it.
my goodness......u guys are truly great!
Thank you!

regretidiotz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 06:19:56 am »
regret,

We take our information very seriously here. I have also asked questions of my doc and the nurses (many of them nurse-practitioners) who work in my clinic, which is also an STI clinic (only the doctors are different) when it's not being used for hiv. We do take the utmost care to ensure our information is current and correct and if that means sometimes picking brains at our clinics, then so be it. One of the nurses at my clinic has become so used to me asking questions that now he greets me with "Hi! How are things on the forum?" LOL

Your seven week negative is highly unlikely to change. If you ever find yourself in a position to have unprotected intercourse with someone other than your wife again, use a condom or don't do it. Simple as that. Protect your health - use condoms and avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 08:42:23 am »
regret, I probably wouldn't have asked but I went to ID doctor yesterday for an appointment and blood draw so I asked. I didn't know the answer and I wanted to know myself.

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 07:44:36 pm »
Hi Ann & Rapid,

Thanks. It's just great to have a forum where we can gather updated information. many of us are so ignorant of hiv. it gives me more confidence that my 7 weeks result will not change.
if i get through this fine, i will not put my life at risk of hiv or any stds. that means i will only have sex with my wife only.
Now I will wait 1 more week for my 3 month test.
Thank you once again.

regretidiotz

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 10:42:10 pm »
hi, have been having a bloated feeling in my abdominal area for past 2 weesk, and some discomfort (especially when i press on it). i also seemed to have many gas in stomach. i burp a lot.
after advise from you guys, i tried to calm myself down. but yesterday my wife told me she also has the same bloated feeling and thatshe wants to burp alot. i have not mentioned any of my abdominal problems to her. so too all the other similar symptoms. i am again very worried.something is really very wrong.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 04:31:45 am »
regret,

If you feel "something is really very wrong", why are you posting about it on the internet instead of seeing your doctor? A bloated stomach and burping have nothing to do with hiv.

Your seven week negative is not going to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 04:37:40 am »
Step one: Go to Philippines
Step Two: Experience classic parasite symptoms (bloating, burps, gas)
Step Three: Leap to HIV as a cause rather than Giardia or another common, easy to transmit pathogen. And also easy to transmit from person to person.
Step four: test for HIV,  negative results.

You are at step 5. My suggestion? find out whats wrong - and not on the internet, get treatment for you and your wife. Drink bottled water in the Philippines, and only have protected sex with sexual partners other than your unsuspecting wife.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006, 11:32:49 am »
hi all,

call me useless.....i went to take another rapid test just now. it's negative! so it's negative at 11 weeks (I know I know it's still not totally conclusive), I will go back on 13 weeks. the counsellor told me there's no need for me to take the test as result is not going to change. i told him between 7 to 11 weeks, there's a likehood of it changing. anyway, he said this is close to confirmation of my negative status. he however does not know the type of test kit being used (rapid 20mins, finger poke blood test)!! i really question their knowledge of this disease. they should come visit this site more. i think i know more through your advise. anyway, i had emailed to the clinic before to ask on their test kit, and they said it's a kit distributed by abotts laboratory (think in my country, they are distributing of oraquick).the person told me it's the latest generation kit. so am i almost in the clear??
if yes, i will have to go find the reason for me and my wife's problems.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006, 01:47:24 pm »
useless,

(well, you did say...)

Your eleven week negative is not going to change. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days.

It's up to you whether you accept your negative result or stress out for another few weeks for a conclusive. Something tells me you won't believe that result either. ~shrug~

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 07:31:19 pm »
Hi Ann,

actually i kind go felt pretty confident of this result. the feeling given to me by the counsellor seems to be .....'why come back now? result is not going to change. you just need the 13 weeks as a confirmation'.
to answer your earlier question of why i did not see a doctor on the other possibilities of my problem...over here, if we are tested for hiv or other stds, our government will inform our spouse of it. i just want to get hiv out of the way before i go for the other test. can you imagine my wife being informed that she may have gotten std from me, yet still cannot test conclusively for her hiv status?
my stress really is all about her. i worry she has gotten something from me, and my confidence drop whenever i see symptoms in her. anyway, i am feeling good now, still have the other test to take, so it's not a close yet.
thank you once again for your advise. i read and read the advise given by you guys over here to pump up my confidence before my test yesterday!!

regretidiotz

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 12:19:47 am »
Hi Anne, Rapid, MTD, Andy and all,

Just want to drop a thank you note to you. I have my 13 weeks test today, and it's negative! Tell me, that this is conclusive! I am telling myself whatever is wrong with me, it has to be something else. i went for a sti test this morning (sylphiis, hep and herpes). the counsellor told me since i have no signes or symptoms (blisters on penis, etc), i need not test for gornorhea, ngu and others. is this true?

Thank you so much for your help, advise and support. You advise will not go to waste on me. I will not stray again. if i really really do, i will surely use protection.

Also, i have to say this is the most informative and well-managed forum. there's some others i visited.....its a mess. all thanks to anne and andy for soing such a good moderating job!

Thank you from the deepest part of my heart! Take care! I love you guys!

Regards
regretidiotz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 03:56:37 am »
regret,

Your thirteen week test is absolutely conclusive. You are hiv negative.

As for only testing for STIs when you have symptoms, that is sheer folly. Anyone who is sexually active should be screened for all STIs once or twice a year, as a matter of routine, symptoms or no symptoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 07:50:32 pm »
Hi Anne & All,

i am back. have been a regular poster 2 months back. i tested neg at 13 wks for hiv and other stds. however, like many others, the 3 months of fear and doubts still linger in my mind. anyway, my question this time is on blood blister in mouth. i have been having these blood blisters in the mouth (esp on the side on the inner cheek). it is probably caused by abrasion with the tooth. it will burst and little blood will come out of it. the thing is, i never had such things before, but only after the exposure. is this linked in anyway to hiv? or is it more to herpes? need your advise again. thnak you.

regretidiot

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 07:58:35 pm »
You can't link your blood blisters to something you don't have. See your dentist if you have concerns, because they are unrelated to HIV.

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2006, 09:52:58 am »
hi all,

i have a question, when antibodies are created, is it during time when symptoms or ars illness subside (antibody fight off illness) or when the illness is most strong (body reacting to virus and increase body heat like fever to kill the virus)?

btw, for swollen lymph nodes, is it common for only one to be swollen (under the chin)? or it is usually more than that?

thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2006, 10:44:01 am »
You have reliably tested negative for HIV. I never really doubted you would continue to test negative. You ARE HIV negative. Period end of story.

So for you to continue to question issues related to ARS is not a good thing for you.

More to the point would be what's going on that causes you to hold on to your concern.

HIV is not your issue. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2006, 11:32:33 pm »
hi andy,

sorry i didn't make myself clear. i have another exposure. i use a condom, but it broke. i can't believe it and i'm so ashame of this. how can i put myself at risk again? i don;t know if i will have a second chance to escape this. saying that, it has been about 3 weeks now and all i felt is just the swollen lymph node under my chin, esp the right one (it really is swollen), and a stiff neck. i can't believe all this is happening to me again.

regretidiotz

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 09:13:34 am »
dear all,

as mentioned previously, i stupidly exposed myself again after a 3 mth test after my last exposure. this time round my condom broke halfway thru sex with a pub hostress in china. i do not have many symptoms this time, except for swollen lymph nodes under my chin. i took a rapid test today at 44 days and it's negative. i know i need another 3 mth test, but this test confirms my last exposure as negative (7 mths). it's good as i had my doubts over the 3 mth test due to symptoms with me and my wife.

now just for re-assurance, tell me this 44 days negative test (6 weeks) looks good enough. although i still need a 3 mth test....i know it.

thanks.

regretidiotz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 09:33:58 am »
regret,

A six week negative result is unlikely to change. I've never seen one change in all the years I've been posting on this forum and I doubt you'll be the first. By all means, confirm at three months, but expect another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 09:53:03 am »
dear all,

just curious about one thing. virus can mutate and different strains created.
how is it that hiv test conducted now are so sure of capturing all strains?
isn't it possible that maybe something new has been created due to re-infection and no new test has been created to catch it?
could this explains why many people has real symptoms and continues to have it yet tested negative.
thanks.

regretidiotz

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 12:08:29 pm »
any advise? thanks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2007, 12:23:07 pm »
regretidiotz, at this time there are no new strains that can't be detected by todays test. 

Offline regretidiotz

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 12:37:09 pm »
rapid,

there are all these talks about not having poz to poz unprotected sex as it may create new strains and complications. so isn;t it possible that there are new strains that are as yet not discovered and not covered by today's test.

most rapid test test for antibodies......is it safe to say that no matetr what strain, as long as antibodies are created, it will be captured?

thanks.

regretidiotz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.