Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:22:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 323
Total: 323

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very worried  (Read 29405 times)

Offline GONE MAD

Re: very worried
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:50 pm »
im trying really hard.trust me.i dont think is thrush my tougue was perfectly fine until i scrapped it with with my finger repeatdly andhard and it healed.now their is no problem i brush with with a moderate tooth brush.nothing hurts anymore.letme levelihave to do the test for a full medical i think the fact that i took the test ismaking me scared to death.the person that i had unprotected sex with got his results after i was exposed to the precum he tested negative.i thinkthat my fear should of been over but it wasnt.approximately 4 months ago march 28th. i was home and i was drunk and sleeping i no you might think its physcological but i started to assume that someone came in while i was sleeping as i only remembered blotches of that night.but rememberedlocking thedoor.im assuming here.i know u all dont discuss syptoms but i find it really weird that i amhaving really bad muscle pain which was associated with hypocalcaemiacausei must admit my dairy intake is low andafetr the pains which was severe i increase my intaketo the maximum and it stopped.but my mind is associating it with peripheral neuropathy.thats what actually scaring me

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 06:25:47 pm »
i know that you all don't deal with symptoms because it doesn't determine whether you hav hiv or not.but i find it really weird to be havin these cramps

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 06:40:58 pm »
i know that you all dont get about discussing symotoms but what i want to know is that what does peripheral neuropathy hast do with hiv i read at your website that it is a side effect but i see something about muscle cramps.im confused

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 03:24:46 pm »
i no it is very weird to ask but could you get it from kissing if the person has trush and one of the blotches rubs off?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 03:30:23 pm »
No risk.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 03:30:52 pm »
Gone,

Kissing isn't a risk for hiv infection, end of story.

If you keep up with the repeated posting, you'll be timed out. We've been more than patient with you so far, but this has got to stop.  You're unlikely to test positive going by what you've told us so far.

Get off the internet, collect your test results and get on with your life.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 03:34:59 pm »
im going tommorow cause my country screwed up the datesfor my results.i no its unlikely but im just scared never the less

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 03:21:57 pm »
today i had the oral quick test after 2 months anf 18 days after exposure and it was negative..im relievedbut still have the fear in the back of mind tanx ALOT EVERYONE!!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 03:43:11 pm »
Fortunately fears aren't facts. A negative test result is a fact. No surprise that result since you didn't have a risk.

Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 07:08:17 pm »
how likely is it for a 2 months 18 days negative to turn positive?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2008, 04:44:52 am »
GM,

how likely is it for a 2 months 18 days negative to turn positive?

It's not going to happen.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 06:15:55 pm »
i know that you said that it wont change putdo ppl get false negatives

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 06:30:17 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number who will seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a risky incident.

We're not here to debate the issue with you.

You have been told what we think about your situation. Go ahead an re-test at 13 weeks if you want to and collect another negative result.

Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:25 pm »
does precum cause a slower seroconversion than normal???or does the same 3 months apply?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2008, 06:41:33 am »
Gone,

The same three months applies.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2008, 03:16:26 pm »
tanx

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2008, 07:02:11 am »
i not this might be a little annoying but i not you all don,t deal with symptoms but lymphs nodes hav swollen on my neck not large this has never happened before to me.i want to no if by simple rubbing of theneck excessively would acccount for that.cause since the test i have been obsessive with rubbing down my neck until one morning i found a few.i hav had a 8 weeks negative and a 11 weeks 3 days negative though

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2008, 09:55:44 am »
Gone,

Keep your hands off your lymph nodes because touching them all the time to see if they're swollen WILL cause them to swell. If they remain swollen after you've left them alone for a few days, see your doctor. Swollen lymph nodes (unless you caused it yourself by touching them all the time) are a sign of infection. Whatever infection you may have, it is NOT hiv. You do not have hiv and you do not need further hiv testing.

You are still under a time out warning.

You don't have hiv and it's time you moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:39 pm »
Hi i posted 2 years ago and i think i need another text since then i hav had sex with protection.But since then i have had the same lymph node swollen i have taken other std test which where negative.i am alws afraid that the oral quick test i took at 12 weeks and the western blot elisa test at 8 weeks were in accurate.i have also aquired a rash since the testing the first time,since i was afraid i recently took care of it and it was decribe as a fungus and my swollen lymph nodes on my neck which go an come periodically was attributed to my cavities. my one worry i believe is the window period and should i eliminate the ones b4 the test and i slept with my bf intially he inserted without a condom for 4 to 5 minutes and then placed a condom on.my problem is precum again. oh and lastnight i woke up with night sweat

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »
Gone,

Anyone who is sexually active should be tested at least once a year.

As you've always used condoms in the past two years, I fully expect your hiv test to return a negative result.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »
and my exposure to pre cum on the one exposure after the test. but the ora quick was a good test cause i went to the clinic today and the doctor who spoke poke poor english told me that 3 months was nt good enough do it over which is contrary to everything i have ever learnt

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »
Lymph nodes swell for all sorts of reasons. I don't see any basis in what you have reported in the past or currently to doubt the validity of your earlier negative HIV tests.

Whatever problems you are having physically are something you should be discussing with your doctor(s). We cannot diagnose in this setting. All I can say is I don't see any evidence that HIV is the problem but as Ann suggested, anyone who is sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done at least annually.

The doctor who advised you about testing at 6 months is outdated in his recommendation. A negative test result at 13 weeks is sufficient unless longterm intravenous drug use, organ transplant or treatment for cancer are involved. In those instances 6 months is recommended.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:58:34 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 03:07:38 pm »
well i guess i shouldnt be worried about the guys with the condoms i think ius the precum exposure im his second partner and his first he had was with a condom. the guys with the condom was more promiscuous and it was him i was worried about and the last guy i did it with b4 the 12 week test and 8 weeks test . so i was thinking bk on that and well worried about the guys with the condoms. and well the precum.The doctor she was uncertain and not informative i hav to go next week to get tested i have paranoid tendancies is all.

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2011, 03:09:19 pm »
one of my doctors said my rash was a fungal infection from sharing clothing and sweating.The swoolen lymph node was due to cavities i was told by another

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 03:10:31 pm »
Good luck with your test result, which I expect will be negative based on what you have reported. Nothing further to comment at this point.
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »
thank you and i hope so tooo

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2011, 03:58:42 pm »
so you guys think it would be negative i think its the swollen lymph nodes and the body aches that throw me off and i cant explain it thats why i alws wonder about the tests that i took b4

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »
Mad,

The rapid test you took at twelve weeks was conclusive.

If you test due to your protected activities since your conclusive test two years ago, we fully expect you to again test hiv negative.

Hiv isn't the only thing that can cause swollen glands or body aches. See your doctor. We cannot diagnose you here.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »
The reason why i came back and asked because last december well dec 3rd at my university a guy who was HIV poz for 20 years came to talk to us about everything concerning us so he asked the question when was the time you should get tested after an exposure and his response was four months and i was a bit confused and i didnt say anything.cause i remembered i did mine at 2 months 18 days and i had the rash all that time and it came negative and still have the rash which is nothing big im takin care of it now as it wasnt a rash of alarm i thought at the time but as i said the doctor said it was a fungus and perscribed me something

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2011, 06:40:01 pm »
So essentially your rash has nothing to do with HIV, you tested negative and you are coming back here with more mental handwringing because?

Because you're just indulging yourself in drama is how I see it.
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2011, 07:06:27 pm »
i think im scared over my next precum exposure im sorry and the guy said 4 months and i was confused

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »
and when i told the AIDS information guy i did take a test the oral one with the mouth swab he said it wasnt reliable like 70 % but i wudnt think they wud use something like that well unreliable to test for HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 10:25:46 am »
Gone,

Just because the man has been living with hiv for twenty years does not mean that he is up-to-date on testing issues. He's not.

We've given you the factual information here. That's all we can do. We're not a hand-holding outfit.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 01:52:08 pm »
ok i understand now i accept that my 12 week was conclusive.i hav alws used condoms after. ALWAYS dont knw why im still terrified but what about swallowing cum? thats me assuming that any one of them had HIV

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011, 06:41:22 pm »
Your saliva contains over  a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Get off of that worry track right now. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »
i think its the lymph nodes i got 2months after the test how cant cavities cause that for so long their not big i didnt even knew they even existed before reading up about HIV and theirs one by my collar bone and i am reading so many bad thing about it and the aches in my fingers and the night i work up in a night sweat i think makes it even harder.to believe it took a lot for me to go the first time. paranoid majorly i guess

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2011, 05:01:19 pm »
Do yourself a big and smart favor and stop all that reading. It is taking you nowhere good. So cut out that kind of self-indulgence and get on with your life.

Leave your lymph nodes alone as Ann has warned you previously. If they are swollen then discuss them with your doctor. HIV is not your problem.

I am also going to warn you that we are not going to indulge you in endless what ifs and anxious speculations. If you keep that stuff up you are going to find yourself getting another Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2011, 03:45:42 pm »
I must apologize I realize that one of the guys sleeps around alot and i INSISTED he used a condom even though he didnt want you but i gave him one and ensured he used it.Ill still go get tested cause i going to get married. i think its just fears thank you guys so much for you help.My mind is playing tricks on me even though i know i used condoms silly huh.im only running the night through my head.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2011, 03:56:21 pm »
Gone,

If you're getting married, BOTH of you should have a complete sexual health care check up, including but not limited to hiv testing. You should do this BEFORE you stop using condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GONE MAD

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »
i know he is a virgin so he wants us both to go do it together and just get it out of the way im the hold up cause im still scared

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2011, 08:21:35 pm »
Gone,

We've told you time and time again that protected intercourse is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Grow up already. Are you sure you're ready for marriage?

We've indulged you enough. I'm giving you that second time out you've been warned about. You know the drill - if you attempt to create a new account to get around your time out you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.