Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:59:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 638
Total: 640

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: when does it end?  (Read 4821 times)

Offline snoofle

when does it end?
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »
so after nearly a year of my bf being out of the hospital..he ended up having to go to the ER on monday b/c his eye had shifted again and he couldnt see and his head ached really bad..they did a lumbar puncture and removed spinal fluid which relieved the pressure. he still says he cant see too well and it might take a few days for that to return to normal but they said they also saw intracranial lesions on his brain! i just want to scream why..i dont get it! he takes his meds and the virus still seems like its winning!!! granted he doesnt eat well..hes been having issues with that and doesnt exercise so im hoping that his falling sick is attributed to that rather than the virus winning out b/c at least he can change eating and exercise habits . i just want a freaking break from the hospitals and making sure his head doesn't ache or his vision is clear or he doesn't break out in some random rash. i just want him to be healthy like other poz patients i've seen!!

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
Re: when does it end?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:22:44 pm »
So sorry of reading what is happening to your bf. I just wanted to say that the virus won't win unless you give up. We can have several troubles during this path.. but as long as we keep on going forward... we are the champions. Wish both of you all the best.

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: when does it end?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:13:01 pm »
Snoof, you guys have been having a hard time. No wonder you're discouraged.

Are you satisfied with is doctor? Have you guys had a good sitdown with his doc about anything else that might be helpful.

Meanwhile it's good that you can vent here because it sounds like you're handling a lot that understandably stirs up all kinds of feelings.

Hang in there ....and keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.