Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:52:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 609
Total: 613

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bio Alcamid by Polymekon, Italy  (Read 12734 times)

Offline Antinouus

Bio Alcamid by Polymekon, Italy
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »
Hello, I am a new member on this site. 
I have hear so much about Bio Alcamid that I think it is about time I say my personal experience with the product and with the people who impanted a big quantity on my buttock and some on my face.  My experience is true and correct and I don't have any affiliation or whatover with the company or else.  By the end 1985 the combination of HIV drugs saved my life otherwise I would have been dead by the end of the same year.   The combination therapy although was keeping me alive was making me very distresses by the severe lipodystrophy on my buttock and on my face.  I was devastated seeing my face and my body signed by HIV. Day by day I could notice that my lipodystrophy was getting worse and worse.   I could hardly sit on a chair and I had to carry a pillow with me everywhere to sit on. I noticed that my skin was starting to break and little ulcers were growing on my buttock so it was becoming more and more painful.  I was  depressed and unhappy until I finally contacted Prof. Protopapa in Italy.  who I have  heard that he had performed implants on buttocks using Bio Alcamid made by Polymekon Italy on some people thought the world. I went to see him in person in his office in Italy.  He explained to what Bio Alcamid was medically and scientifically.   We discussed the implant procedures and  Prof. Protopapa told me that the success of an implant with Bio Alcamid was related with the thickness of the skin.  The thicker the skin was the better was the result.  He looked at my skin on the buttock area but it was too thin to inject a considerably amount of Bio Alcamid  to make a good reconstructive buttock.  I felt sad and disappointed,  my hopes had vanished so fast and not having other choices I decided to go ahead with the implant. The moment the needle entered the skin and reached the deep area where to inject Bio Alcamid I heard Prof. Protopapa saying loudly that, the Bio Alcamid was resting nicely in the area because it found a muscle, which could keep Bio Alcamid steadily in the area. After 4 hours of pain the implant was ultimated; needless to say it was a success!.  Prof. Protopapa had given me back the same buttock I used to have when I was a child.   It is bubble, round and soft. I consider my implant a masterpiece created by an Italian sculptor, doctor surgeon, having used my own skin and a certain amount of Bio Alcamid. 
I could see Prof. Protopapa put his heart in performing the implant.  He also was molded the glutei to give form and elasticity which is another important part of the implant techniques.  Needless to say that if the product was not safe and scientifically proved I would have been in troubles right now. The implant was done in front of another 8 doctors who arrived from different part of the area to witness the creation of Prof. Protopapa with his product on me.  I am pretty sure for him was also a great satisfaction to having restore happiness and a life back to me.  I remain devoted to this great Professor for his humanity and good heart.  My last x-ray from Stanford Hospital, Radiology Department, showed no problem at all. 
 I had also injection of Bio Alcamid on my face.  The first time was done by another Italian plastic surgeon, Dr. Massimo Vincenti in Milan and the second time by Prof. Protopapa again.  I had spent so much money on face filler but never had best result than by Bio Alcamid.  The experience of plastic surgeons and the safety is so crucial.   The nasal lines were bothering me.  Doctor Vincenti suggested to enhance then the cheek bones with injections of Bio Alcamid, so the nasal lines would stretch.   In fact that was the result I wanted to achieve in the first place. 
Thank you Prof. Protopapa and thank you Dr. Vincenti and Polymekon, Italy for having given me restored confidence and happiness.

Offline jjmcm

Re: Bio Alcamid by Polymekon, Italy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:35:32 am »
In what year did you have your work done?

--JJ

Offline mjmel

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:45:36 am »
Hi, Antinoous! Thanks for contributing the nice post on BioAlcamid.

"It is bubble, round and soft."

Oh my!

Mike M

Offline Pepino2

• Facial wasting need not be...Teach PMMA!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:44:42 pm »
Sweet!  Thank-you Antinouus for sharing your experience.  We need to know these personal stories.

Offline Antinouus

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
JJ
I had the implant in Italy exactly the same year Anna Love opened the clinic in Tjuana, Mexico.  You probably remember the year when on all gay papers in Los Angeles there was an amazing advertising campaing about Bio Alcamid.   

Offline hartiepie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:16 pm »
Ummmm.... what does Anna Love have to do with this? (nothing, I suspect)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.