Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:19:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why I hate conservatives  (Read 52973 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Why I hate conservatives
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35:42 pm »
How is my avatar value judgment different than your words value judgment?  You don't get to wiggle away from this one.  You did exactly what you accused me of. Now stand up like a big boy and admit that you are attempting to define which words are offensive, while decrying my mention of what images I found offensive.  There really is no difference other than the fact that I asked the group as a whole to give their thoughts on the avatars.  You don't even allow us that.

No.

What I was saying is is that certain words are worse than others as insults and gave social and historical reasons as to why.

I did not however, engage in the action you did, which was to publicly decry certain avatars and then demand "community standards."

You were attempting to turn your personal value judgments into communal ones.

Which you yourself admitted to.

I asked for a community wide line in the sand saying here's the difference between acceptable and unacceptable.

And here.

Ok,
I know I'm going to get jumped all over for this but folks enough is enough with the avatars.
Some people seem to be trying to out do each other with their avatars.  There's quite a differences between provocative and tasteless. We're now seeing peoples pubic hair and peoples asses.
 Could we have some kind of guidelines, preferably informal self policed ones?
This may be a board that's used to discuss a disease thats most commonly spread by sex but it's not a pickup board.

Before the typical soap opera star crew jumps in and starts screaming at me,  I'm not asking for anything drastic, I'm saying ok we've started crossing the line, please take 2 steps back. In answer to the next question,  no I do not want to turn off avatars because in some cases it gives me some in sight to the poster and sometimes it I just like them.   

There is quite a bit of difference between this level of kvetching on your part and me simply saying that calling somebody a "faggot" is worse than calling them an "asshole."

And I'm sorry if how I simply feel about words makes you as uncomfortable as the sight of a man's ass.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »
Grinchie,

Here's the thing. You voted for Bush, yes? Well that's your sole perogative. You are more than entitled to cast your vote however you want. But you need to understand that by voting for Bush you support and enable a regime which is astonishingly right wing, homophobic, racist and just plain yucky.

George Bush supports executing retarded people, Grinch! That's how vile he is.

Frankly mate if you vote for these people and say so publicly then you deserve to be lumped in with the racists, homophobes, bigots and flat out right-wing nut jobs. I know you're feeling sensitive at the moment because your copping a fair old caning from the progressive majority here, but that's just the way these things are.

It's about time moderate Repbulicans like you took back your party rather than squealing when the Left points out what's really going on.

MtD

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2007, 09:37:44 pm »
Perhaps they feel it shouldn't be a constitutional issue one way or the other? The vote wasn't is it ok to have gay marriage, the vote was should it be a constitutional amendment. There's a really big difference.  I could care less if you get married. I don't want it as part of the constitution.

Right.  I totally believe all those rubes voted against gay marriage because of a constitutional issue.

No.  They voted against it because they hate homosexuals.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline libvet

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2007, 10:21:37 pm »
Right.  I totally believe all those rubes voted against gay marriage because of a constitutional issue.

No.  They voted against it because they hate homosexuals.

That brings me to another problem I have with conservatives.

They are hellbent on changing the constitution.   

Flag burning:  As if there is some epidemic of flag burning going on that requires lots of debate and immediate action.   It's just silly.

Marriage Inequality Amendment: Because nothing says "freedom" more than creating a class of people less equal than the majority.

Balanced Budget Amendment:  With Chimpy McCokespoon, this might not be such a bad thing, but how about we just BALANCE THE BUDGET if it needs it?

I have respect for some conservatives, particularly the traditional conservative that was about less intrusive government, a certain isolationist bent, and a smaller government.

What I cannot abide is the mean-spirited neo-conservative in the mold of Coulter/Hannity/Limbaugh that going around acting like they are some super-patriotic pious Christians but behave in a manner not consistent with the teachings of Christ.  They worship money and power....period.  And they have a scorched earth policy towards ANYONE who disagrees with them.   Kerry earned his medals and the right to protest the war in Vietnam.   Max Cleland did give up three of his four limbs in service to his country while in a war.  Murtha did serve honorably and has been a staunch defender of American military might and supporter of our troops.  But that doesn't stop the neocons from dismissing the service these people have given and trying to smear them to gain political advantage.  They denigrate the patriotism of those who disagree with them politically and even go so far as to suggest we hate America because our vision of America isn't the same as their vision.  The neocons have turned public discourse into a shouting match and the person who can talk over someone the loudest wins.

Coulter is real piece of work and I don't think she really believes all the shit that comes out of her mouth, but she knows her bread is buttered by the far right neocons and she plays them like a fiddle.  Just look at the people clapping for her "faggot" remark when she made it.    And her target audience laps it up because it fits right into their small-minded, mean-spirited, bigoted mindset.

That's the face the neocons have given the republican party.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2007, 11:49:10 pm »
I know you're feeling sensitive at the moment because your copping a fair old caning from the progressive majority here, but that's just the way these things are.

Really, I hate what whats her name said.  I hate what GW has done in many instances, and I try to vote in a manner that best follows my personal beliefs.  I certainly hope someone comes along that can truly represent how I and many of my peers feel. He/she will get my vote.
Most of my argument has actually been to point out the hypocrisies of those screaming foul.

Aupoint again don't presume to speak for me. I strongly feel any language about marriage has no place in the constitution. I don't hate homosexuals. I will certainly vote against any amendment to the constitution that tries to define or limit marriage, be it gay, straight, or animal. This issue should be dealt with at the state level. This is how Jefferson and company intended things to work.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 01:02:11 am »
OK! let's try to work through some of these points now, shall we?

Oh my... weren't you one of the ones that screamed how wrong I was for imposing my morality when I asked that we as a group draw a line on where provocative ended and inappropriate began with regards to avatars?  Are you now dictating to me which words are OK?  Does that mean you're imposing YOUR morality on me?  Didn't you tell me that was wrong? I guess the rules are different this time huh?
 Do you have an actual set of rules that you live by, or do you change them based on the situation and what the rest of the herd thinks?

You are trying to equate the hateful use of a word meant to denigrate the majority of posters on this board with a picture of my abs and thighs. One is the word used by carloads of drunken morons, the other is a great deal less than you'd see on a public beach.

Perhaps they feel it shouldn't be a constitutional issue one way or the other? The vote wasn't is it ok to have gay marriage, the vote was should it be a constitutional amendment. There's a really big difference.  I could care less if you get married. I don't want it as part of the constitution.

Actually, the vote was on whether or not it's OK to outlaw same-sex marriage. It is a red-meat issue to the Republican base, who somehow feels that their marriage and families are imperiled by legitimizing others.

Bucko again I said abortion is your choice.  I also said don't ask me to pay for it as a form of birth control.  Your story does not constitute birth control.

If it wasn't birth control, then what was it? The Commonwealth of Massachusetts paid for it. And it's not as if bringing a baby to term would have killed her, after all.
And I should point out that, try though I may, I haven't been able to conceive through anal sex, so it's never really been my choice.

And if by voting for Bush affirmed your values, then you believe it's right to execute the retarded and torture "Enemy Combattants".

You're right...nothing racist in that.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Cliff

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 03:31:55 am »
Thank you Brent for pointing out two statements that Grinch made that doesn't sit well with me.

1.  His continued linkage of abortion with birth control.  I think you would be hard-pressed to find a woman who was so cavalier about abortions that she thought it was just another contraceptive.  That statement is an intentional dig at women who have had abortions.

2.  His silly (yet intentional) comment that the vote wasn't about gay marriages, but whether it should be in the Constitution.  I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life.  The issue was about whether gays should be allowed to marry and putting a gay marriage restriction in the Constitution was all about making it difficult for states to pass civil partnership laws (talk about being against states rights). 

All of this, "I am for freedoms" crap is utter nonesense.  NO one tries more to prevent the freedom (of speech) of people in this forum than Grinch.  Almost every thread he starts is a complaint about a belief or a statement someone has made and how they should be banned or restricted.  He doesn't believe in individual freedom, he despises it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2007, 07:35:36 am »
It's not Ann Coulter or anything she says that matters, but rather the reasons why she is, and for years now has been, so incomparably popular in the conservative movement.

She is modern conservatism's id -- she's the one who says what the rest of you would say if you didn't feel it would cost you your standing as reasonable, responsible people.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:53 am »
Thank you Brent for pointing out two statements that Grinch made that doesn't sit well with me.

1.  His continued linkage of abortion with birth control.  I think you would be hard-pressed to find a woman who was so cavalier about abortions that she thought it was just another contraceptive.  That statement is an intentional dig at women who have had abortions.
  Actually I know many women that have gotten pregnant, decided they want an abortion because they don't want a baby, then repeated the cycle.  They also thought this should be free, and paid for by the state. That is what I mean by abortion as birth control.

2.  His silly (yet intentional) comment that the vote wasn't about gay marriages, but whether it should be in the Constitution.  I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life.  The issue was about whether gays should be allowed to marry and putting a gay marriage restriction in the Constitution was all about making it difficult for states to pass civil partnership laws (talk about being against states rights). 

Again my stance is clear. Keep it away from the constitution of the US.  This should be handled at the state level. I really have no issue with gay marriage. As I clearly stated a constitutional amendment is not the manner in which to make this happen. Aupoint spoke of an amendment, not of a law permitting gay marriage.  Big difference.  Really, get married, you should have the right. Just don't amend the Constitution.

All of this, "I am for freedoms" crap is utter nonesense.  NO one tries more to prevent the freedom (of speech) of people in this forum than Grinch.  Almost every thread he starts is a complaint about a belief or a statement someone has made and how they should be banned or restricted.  He doesn't believe in individual freedom, he despises it.

I started ONE thread asking that we reign our selves in. Every week avatars became a bit more revealing.  Only by a few people, it seemed they were trying to out do each other. My statements about speech are meant only to point out the hypocrisy.  How is it wrong for one person to scream about 1 person calling another person a name, yet perfectly ok for that very same person to call others names?
  If you find it hateful and inappropriate for Ann Coulter to call someone a faggot, how can you possibly justify calling others sexist, homophobic, racists.  I personally take the same level of offense at both.  Who are you then to tell me too bad.  Your sense of morality justifies your words as not as mean spirited.   Mine on the other hand is they are equally hateful.  Why is it OK for you to press your morality on me?  Yet you chastise me for asking for a discussion about where to draw the line with avatars.
It seems there are two sets of rules.

You are no different than Ann Coulter in my book.  You don't like someone, therefor you'll call him names.
Since you're so alike maybe you could write and ask for an autographed copy of her book.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:54 am »
Once again you don't get it...you never will get it...and anyone trying to explain it to you is wasting their breath. You are the victim, you have always been a victim, and you will always be the victim...now, don't you feel better?

Offline Cliff

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:12 am »
I wasn't just referring to your thread on avatars.  You are always bitching and moaning about things people say or do in the forums.  I wonder why you even come here since we all seem to be so beneath you.  You have threatened to leave numerous times, and yet you always come back (to bitch and moan about what people say in the forums).  You absolutely hate individual freedoms.

I never called you a racist, bigot, sexist or homophobe.

Calling someone a racist or a bigot is NOT the same thing as calling someone a faggot.  But your thought processes are all over the map.  I don't understand your line of reasoning (but that's nothing new).

Offline Grinch

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:24 am »
Cliff,  really... I do not hate individual freedom. I embrace it. Every political ideal I have ever written about is "less invasive government please."  All of my threads of a political nature state this. I am consistent always in this ideal. In my mind less government = more freedoms. Feel free to debate this ideal in another thread. I welcome an adult debate about this subject.

Dachshund I am in no way feeling I am a victim. I am pointing out your hypocrisy. How can you possibly justify calling Ann Coulter on the carpet for calling someone a name and in the same breath calling others names? That's all. Thus far your justification is. "well my names aren't as bad."  My response is. "I think they are."  Further, Ann Coulter did not call YOU a faggot, yet you called ALL conservatives homophobic, sexist, racists. I am conservative. This means you called me personally these things.
How can you justify decrying her actions when you take the exact same actions? Are your definitions of what is right and wrong the definitions everyone must follow? Does this mean your morality is correct? Do you have different rules than those you insist others follow? What divine right makes what you feel is hateful more important than what I feel is hateful? If you answer is "It's just words, get a thicker skin" Then you're entire post about Ann Coulter loses all meaning, just words...get a thicker skin.

As I see it you have shown clearly your level of hypocrisy.  If you truly feel Ann Coulter is wrong then maybe you shouldn't emulate her actions.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:59 am »
I love that this thread is still here.  

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
Cliff,  really... I do not hate individual freedom. I embrace it. Every political ideal I have ever written about is "less invasive government please."  All of my threads of a political nature state this. I am consistent always in this ideal. In my mind less government = more freedoms. Feel free to debate this ideal in another thread. I welcome an adult debate about this subject.

Except of course that whole VOTING for Bush thing.   Right?

How can you justify decrying her actions when you take the exact same actions? Are your definitions of what is right and wrong the definitions everyone must follow? Does this mean your morality is correct? Do you have different rules than those you insist others follow? What divine right makes what you feel is hateful more important than what I feel is hateful? If you answer is "It's just words, get a thicker skin" Then you're entire post about Ann Coulter loses all meaning, just words...get a thicker skin.

Our actions are in RESPONSE to hers.  And were a description of what she is promoting.  If you could give me another term for homophobe I may use it.  Our actions are also not at a public event, sponsored by a major political party.

Shit....dasch is right.  You dont get it.  And you never will.......
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:17:08 am by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 10:13:16 am »
I THOUGHT Bush was the lesser of two evils.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:52 am »
I THOUGHT Bush was the lesser of two evils.

You were wrong THEN and your wrong NOW.  How about this time you dont wait 7 years to find out and instead just take the word of the rest of us who were RIGHT 7 years ago.
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:23 am »

Dachshund I am in no way feeling I am a victim. I am pointing out your hypocrisy. How can you possibly justify calling Ann Coulter on the carpet for calling someone a name and in the same breath calling others names? That's all. Thus far your justification is. "well my names aren't as bad."  My response is. "I think they are."  Further, Ann Coulter did not call YOU a faggot, yet you called ALL conservatives homophobic, sexist, racists. I am conservative. This means you called me personally these things.

As I see it you have shown clearly your level of hypocrisy.  If you truly feel Ann Coulter is wrong then maybe you shouldn't emulate her actions.

Sorry girlfriend, but if Coulter calls one person a faggot she calls ALL of us a faggot. Get a thicker skin? Get a new defense. You might be one of the most thin-skinned people to ever access Aidsmeds...and you can run but you can't hide from the fact that the conservative movement is dominated by bigots, racists and homophobes. If my post about Coulter has lost all meaning than why the heck do you continue to post here?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 10:38:11 am »
AC .. I'll vote for who ever seems like they'll, keep their paws out of my wallet, their morality out of my home, and keep my family safe.  So far I have to vote  None of the above. As not a single candidate on either side wants all of these things.

The whole not getting it thing...   I DO get it. I get that Some folks here did the exact same thing Ann Coulter did. In a public forum called someone a name that some consider offensive. The public forum then agreed.  In the case of the political meeting they cheered.  In the case of this forum they agreed out right.

I am personally offended by being called racist, homophobic and sexist.  Is that not my right?
You are offended by the word faggot.  Is that not your right?

Twist the words in any manner you chose, it comes down to one thing in the end. What was said here is really no different that what was said by Ann Coulter.
 Both are wrong.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:06 am »
AC .. I'll vote for who ever seems like they'll, keep their paws out of my wallet, their morality out of my home, and keep my family safe.  So far I have to vote  None of the above. As not a single candidate on either side wants all of these things.

The whole not getting it thing...   I DO get it. I get that Some folks here did the exact same thing Ann Coulter did. In a public forum called someone a name that some consider offensive. The public forum then agreed.  In the case of the political meeting they cheered.  In the case of this forum they agreed out right.

I am personally offended by being called racist, homophobic and sexist.  Is that not my right?
You are offended by the word faggot.  Is that not your right?

Twist the words in any manner you chose, it comes down to one thing in the end. What was said here is really no different that what was said by Ann Coulter.
 Both are wrong.

No, you are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 10:50:53 am »
you can't hide from the fact that the conservative movement is dominated by bigots, racists and homophobes.

Wait a minute, you said repeatedly ALL conservatives are these things.

I actually have a fairly thick skin, I just enjoy pointing out your hypocrisies.
 Please feel free to explain how it's OK for you to call people names that are meant to be hurtful and derogatory in a thread that criticizes someone else for doing so. Thus far your ONLY response is that her word was worse than your words. I really see no difference between your action and the actions of Ann Coulter. Both are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2007, 10:52:04 am »
No, you are wrong.

In what way? How is what you said any different?

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2007, 11:03:30 am »
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2007, 11:19:28 am »

But you DIDNT vote for none of the above.  You DID vote for Bush.  If he wasnt your candidate then you either should have voted for Nader.  Or not voted at all.  But you DID.  So now you must lie in the bed you made.  (By the way, Bush has done NONE of the 3 things you mention as your BENCHMARK to a perfect candidate)

So you are saying if we disagree with Ann's choice of words we should just keep quiet?  And just tell me how that is going to help things?  As I recall it didnt work out so well for the Jew's in the 30's and 40's over in Germany.  When you choose to ignore a situation such as this one you choose to agree with the course it takes.  I find that those of us who admonish Coulter's remarks are NOT content with the course of the conservatives.  And yes you still dont get it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 11:21:09 am by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:54 am »
Grinch let me explain it to you. Your posting here has nothing to do with Coulter or conservatives or words in general. This goes for Jake too...your reactions are the reactions of a white, heterosexual male that is infected with the "gay" disease. Your guilt, not your beliefs are what drive you to post your nonsense, and until a cure is found to rid you of the homosexually tainted virus, you have no where to turn but here. Not your church, not your job and maybe not even your own family and friends accept you as HIV+ person. No matter what you do HIV will convey gay guilt by association and there is nothing you can do about it and it drives you crazy. All your postings are trying to do is scream...I have HIV but I'm not like them, I swear I am not like them. Next CPAC introduce yourself to the group as a straight man who is HIV+ and as you walk away the majority of your conservative friends will be saying " I didn't know he was a faggot." That my friend is what I think is really bothering you.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2007, 11:44:59 am »
Grinch let me explain it to you. Your posting here has nothing to do with Coulter or conservatives or words in general. This goes for Jake too...your reactions are the reactions of a white, heterosexual male that is infected with the "gay" disease. Your guilt, not your beliefs are what drive you to post your nonsense, and until a cure is found to rid you of the homosexually tainted virus, you have no where to turn but here. Not your church, not your job and maybe not even your own family and friends accept you as HIV+ person. No matter what you do HIV will convey gay guilt by association and there is nothing you can do about it and it drives you crazy. All your postings are trying to do is scream...I have HIV but I'm not like them, I swear I am not like them. Next CPAC introduce yourself to the group as a straight man who is HIV+ and as you walk away the majority of your conservative friends will be saying " I didn't know he was a faggot." That my friend is what I think is really bothering you.

My HIV is gay?  Oh, we cant have this.  Surely there is SOMETHING I can do?
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2007, 12:00:54 pm »
Dachshund,  Actually you are wrong about my feelings about being HIV+ but that is an entirely different subject. My commentary here is. How are your actions different than Ann Coulter's.  I have presented my case that they are no different. You instead of answering in a clear non-confrontational manner, change the subject and attempt to psychoanalyze how I feel about having AIDS.

The two have nothing to do with each other. Frankly my thoughts on having AIDS have very little resemblance to your scenario. You simply don't know me well enough to speak for me in that vein. Please don't presume to do so.

AC: You're absolutely right  Bush has done very little of the things he promised.  He therefor let me down. I agree completely.
I further agree and have maintained the position all along, that what Ann Coulter said and did is wrong. My point is: How is dachshund's commentary different?
 How is it OK to chastise someone for name calling and then calling others names in the same post?
Two pages into it the only real defense has been. Dachshund's words weren't AS mean.

I by no means think anyone should be quiet about Ann Coulters actions and words. I have no problem with anyone going after her in a manner that would result in her humiliation and cause her to go slinking off to what ever corner she came from.

I do think Dachshund clearly emulated her actions and I take offense to his words in exactly the same manner I take offense to Ann Coulter's words.  The only real difference is which words were used, and who they were aimed at.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:37 pm »
I can see your side of what you are saying.  But really it isn't apples to apples.  I hope you really know that.  What she did is VERY different than what we do.

You DO know that right?
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2007, 12:20:14 pm »
I can see your side of what you are saying.  But really it isn't apples to apples.  I hope you really know that.  What she did is VERY different than what we do.

You DO know that right?

It's just a matter of degree.  Right's right. Wrong's wrong.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2007, 12:23:13 pm »
Keeping with those thoughts.  Our "degree" is about 92 degrees.  While she was espousing a Bradburyesque 451 degrees.  So you're right. 
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2007, 12:23:38 pm »
It's just a matter of degree.  Right's right. Wrong's wrong.

And you are wrong.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2007, 12:31:20 pm »

And you are wrong.

And again you make the statement without a rational argument.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2007, 12:36:23 pm »
And again you make the statement without a rational argument.

No need to.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:22 pm »
Keeping with those thoughts.  Our "degree" is about 92 degrees.  While she was espousing a Bradburyesque 451 degrees.  So you're right. 

And we circle back to...  Who determines what is more wrong? How is calling one person a faggot, MORE  wrong than another calling ALL conservatives racist, sexist, homophobes?

I contend that they are equally hurtful to the person being called these names.
There are people here that took great offense to the term faggot.  That is understandable and justified.
 I take offense to being called a homophobic sexist racist. Explain why this is different? I contend that while I am conservative I am neither racist (my wife is black), sexist (I treat her as an equal partner in all things and am pleased that she makes a higher salary then I do), nor homophobic (I believe to the very core of my being that the only difference between gay and straight is I like having sex with girls and you like having sex with boys).

In other words I ask again why is OK for Dachshund to call me and ALL conservatives these names, but not OK for Ann Coulter to call others faggots?

To this point the ONLY explanation is. Faggot is a meaner word. My response again is says who?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:09 pm »

No need to.
Because there is no rational argument.
Hypocrisy for the loss.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:33 pm »
And we circle back to...  Who determines what is more wrong? How is calling one person a faggot, MORE  wrong than another calling ALL conservatives racist, sexist, homophobes?

I contend that they are equally hurtful to the person being called these names.
There are people here that took great offense to the term faggot.  That is understandable and justified.
 I take offense to being called a homophobic sexist racist. Explain why this is different? I contend that while I am conservative I am neither racist (my wife is black), sexist (I treat her as an equal partner in all things and am pleased that she makes a higher salary then I do), nor homophobic (I believe to the very core of my being that the only difference between gay and straight is I like having sex with girls and you like having sex with boys).

In other words I ask again why is OK for Dachshund to call me and ALL conservatives these names, but not OK for Ann Coulter to call others faggots?

To this point the ONLY explanation is. Faggot is a meaner word. My response again is says who?

We do...and by the way, when you are in a hole quit digging.

Offline Grinch

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2007, 12:51:59 pm »
We do...and by the way, when you are in a hole quit digging

Again who's "We" And why are "Your" rules and thoughts more important than mine?
Is it some divine right conferred upon you by some one or some god?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2007, 01:05:58 pm »
Again who's "We" And why are "Your" rules and thoughts more important than mine?
Is it some divine right conferred upon you by some one or some god?

I don't believe in god so that is not it...and the answer to your other question is...well, just because. :-*

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2007, 01:10:36 pm »
The reason "all conservatives" get lumped together is the same reason all liberals are painted with the same brush.   Is it fair?  Of course not.  You are judged by what you do in the voting booth nonetheless.  When you vote homophobes, racists, and sexists into power you invite such labels no matter what you individually believe.

If you vote for neo-fascists like Bush, the worst President this country has ever had, what do you expect people to think?  You voted for a man who used hatred and prejudice to garner votes.   It's almost like saying you voted for Hitler because he restored Germany's economy but you don't support his Final Solution.  You get the whole package when you help put such despots in power.

Bush has such hubris and is so stupid he challenged terrorists to "bring it on" and caused more young Americans to lose their lives or be permanently maimed, not to mention thousands more innocent dead Iraqis.  Bush has done more damage to the USA internally (e.g., the Patriot Act) and around the globe than anyone before him.  He used 9/11 to push his own political agenda and lied repeatedly about the alleged danger Iraq posed to the USA, so much that our stupid Congress was cowed into supporting his war.  To speak against Bush was tantamount to aiding terrorists and being unpatriotic. 

The USA's already tarnished image has been further tainted, possibly irrevocably, in the rest of the world, and rightly so.  After 9/11 there was a moment when we could have gained support from almost the entire world in working to end terrorism.  Instead the USA ravaged a country which posed no threat and fueled the incendiary fires of terrorists around the globe.   Our half-assed attack against Afghanistan, the hiding place of Osama bin Laden, was like peeing in the wind.   

I don't lump all conservatives together by any means but I hold those who voted for Bush accountable.  I know brain-dead windbags like Ann Coulter don't speak for all conservatives but she wouldn't be so popular if she didn't have significant support.   When conservatives allow Coulters and Limbaughs to become prominent spokespeople for the cause they invite ridicule.  If enough conservatives spoke out against these hate-mongers their popularity would decrease.  Very few conservatives repudiate these darlings of the right wing, implicitly supporting them with silence.

Boo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:14:02 pm by Boo Radley »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline stillhere

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:59 pm »
sorry but i can't even click on her link..........you know she just sits there and counts how many times someonehas viewed her hate ...why bother fueling her?  I'll bet she loves to see how many times she's been googled that week........... it's probably the only thing she can get................

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2007, 01:30:57 pm »
The reason "all conservatives" get lumped together is the same reason all liberals are painted with the same brush.   Is it fair?  Of course not.  You are judged by what you do in the voting booth nonetheless.  When you vote homophobes, racists, and sexists into power you invite such labels no matter what you individually believe.

If you vote for neo-fascists like Bush, the worst President this country has ever had, what do you expect people to think?  You voted for a man who used hatred and prejudice to garner votes.   It's almost like saying you voted for Hitler because he restored Germany's economy but you don't support his Final Solution.  You get the whole package when you help put such despots in power.

Bush has such hubris and is so stupid he challenged terrorists to "bring it on" and caused more young Americans to lose their lives or be permanently maimed, not to mention thousands more innocent dead Iraqis.  Bush has done more damage to the USA internally (e.g., the Patriot Act) and around the globe than anyone before him.  He used 9/11 to push his own political agenda and lied repeatedly about the alleged danger Iraq posed to the USA, so much that our stupid Congress was cowed into supporting his war.  To speak against Bush was tantamount to aiding terrorists and being unpatriotic. 

The USA's already tarnished image has been further tainted, possibly irrevocably, in the rest of the world, and rightly so.  After 9/11 there was a moment when we could have gained support from almost the entire world in working to end terrorism.  Instead the USA ravaged a country which posed no threat and fueled the incendiary fires of terrorists around the globe.   Our half-assed attack against Afghanistan, the hiding place of Osama bin Laden, was like peeing in the wind.   

The torture, Auntie R...you forgot about the torture! GWBush did for torture what Justin Timberlake did for sexy.

Brent
(Who notices that Grinch prefers smaller government until the Avatar Police are required)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Grinch

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2007, 01:36:16 pm »

I don't believe in god so that is not it...and the answer to your other question is...well, just because. :-*

So you freely admit you believe your rights, desires and beliefs supersede mine?
Please don't hide your feelings.
 Your statement sir is: I am more important than you. My feelings are more important than yours.
 Is this correct? Is this how you feel about another human beings thoughts and feelings?

Offline Grinch

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2007, 01:41:08 pm »
Brent
(Who notices that Grinch prefers smaller government until the Avatar Police are required)

Actually I suggested we self police meaning mutually agreeing upon a standard WITHOUT intervention from the government or in this case the moderators.  I was fully ready to accept a community agreed upon standard.  If I wanted a government (moderator) controlled solution I would have petitioned them directly instead of asking for everyone else's thought.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:10 pm »
So you freely admit you believe your rights, desires and beliefs supersede mine?
Please don't hide your feelings.
 Your statement sir is: I am more important than you. My feelings are more important than yours.
 Is this correct? Is this how you feel about another human beings thoughts and feelings?

Yes, that is exactly it...I'm glad you finally understand. See how easy that is?

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2007, 02:14:24 pm »

Yes, that is exactly it...I'm glad you finally understand. See how easy that is?

I've been watching all this with great interest.  But now I do have a question.  Just why do you think you are more important and have more worth than another person?  And is that the reason you feel you can freely put down others that are in the minority on the board?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
I've been watching all this with great interest.  But now I do have a question.  Just why do you think you are more important and have more worth than another person?  And is that the reason you feel you can freely put down others that are in the minority on the board?

Honey, I was planting  tongue firmly in cheek. By the way I'm straight.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:34 pm »
Actually I suggested we self police meaning mutually agreeing upon a standard WITHOUT intervention from the government or in this case the moderators.  I was fully ready to accept a community agreed upon standard.  If I wanted a government (moderator) controlled solution I would have petitioned them directly instead of asking for everyone else's thought.

Well if you follow your community agreed upon standard THEN you need to do it NOW.  The community has spoken and we have decided that conservatives are homophobes, racists, et al.  You dont get to pick and choose your community agreed upon standards as ONLY YOU see fit.  So you see the hipocrisy in YOUR thought process?
RIDE!!!

Offline David_CA

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2007, 02:23:47 pm »
What it boils down to is this:

I can't stop being gay or part Jewish.

But Ann Coulter can stop being a cunt."

Very good, Benj! 

She called him 'faggot' because it's not a protected class.  Race, sex, handicap (HIV and AIDS are handicaps, by the way), family status, national origin, and religion are.  She's smart enough not to cross the line, although an arbitrary line, by using any of the no-no words.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2007, 02:27:50 pm »
Honey, I was planting  tongue firmly in cheek. By the way I'm straight.

Sarcasm and humor, two things so hard to convey properly via written word.  So glad to hear you were just killing time and didn't mean what you said.  Some might have construe it as flame baiting.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2007, 02:29:32 pm »
Dasch is one big flaming piece of bait!  It's funny cause its TRUE!

Love ya Dox!
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2007, 02:33:34 pm »
Sarcasm and humor, two things so hard to convey properly via written word.  So glad to hear you were just killing time and didn't mean what you said.  Some might have construe it as flame baiting.

Ain't it the truth...and some construed Coulter's words as defensible.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:30:32 pm by Dachshund »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.