Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:40:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV Youtube Vlogger Is A Trip  (Read 35632 times)

Offline tednlou2

HIV Youtube Vlogger Is A Trip
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:19 am »
I didn't know whether to put this in Living or here.  It didn't seem to rise to the level of "Living".  It is good that this guy is talking about HIV, but he is a trip.  He gets up and leaves for a minute with the camera still going.  It reminded me of a Whitney Houston concert where she just leaves the stage for several mins.  There is some girl sitting on the couch in the background.  He is giving out his name and social security number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iMdzku5fLs&feature=related  

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: HIV Youtube Vlogger Is A Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:13 am »
Shrill and unpleasant. All the charm of a cornered rattle snake.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:21 am »

MtD

Matty beat me to this.  I just wanted to turn it off within about 3 seconds (I waited 10)

Offline john33

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:43:22 am »

MtD

Couldn't put it any better myself

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:11 am »
Couldn't watch much, (shrill and unpleasant), cause the message isn't for me as well... 
But, nice to see some anger. "I'M NOT AFRAID IM GONNA DIE OR BE SICK." and "PEOPLE DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT THIS BUT IM GONNA TALK ABOUT THIS"

Who knows the annoying shit he maybe had to put up with in his crowd?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:50 am »
This is too 'hood.

By the by: The chick in the back ground is sitting on the articulated section of a sectional couch. Where is the rest of that couch?
[.Fodão.]

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 06:07:21 pm »
Now you guys see why I don't click on links.....And I didn't with this one either.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »
DearGod that really grated on the nerves..I wonder what Taylor and Dilllon did to upset him so much...I didn't wait around to find out :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »

Where is the rest of that couch?

LOL! I'm revoking his gay card, even I can decorate better than that.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
DearGod that really grated on the nerves..I wonder what Taylor and Dilllon did to upset him so much...I didn't wait around to find out :D

Hugs
Jan :-*

I know, I wondered just what they did or said to him.  However, I couldn't bare to watch his other videos to find out. 

I did notice in the comment section yet another comment about HIV is all a hoax.  There must be people who troll HIV forums and Youtube posts to make that comment.  I see the denialist comments on just about every Youtube video post concerning HIV.  Another guy said he "hated all fags" but liked the ones who had the balls to admit they have HIV.  The comment sections are just awful. 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 01:44:37 am »
I know, I wondered just what they did or said to him.  However, I couldn't bare to watch his other videos to find out. 

I did notice in the comment section yet another comment about HIV is all a hoax.  There must be people who troll HIV forums and Youtube posts to make that comment.  I see the denialist comments on just about every Youtube video post concerning HIV.  Another guy said he "hated all fags" but liked the ones who had the balls to admit they have HIV.  The comment sections are just awful. 

Youtube is a place where people go to lose their souls.  Since I was born without one I can just observe.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:46 am »
Youtube is a place where people go to lose their souls.  Since I was born without one I can just observe.

What's wrong pet? Someone swipe your flavored dip?

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:55 am »

What's wrong pet? Someone swipe your flavored dip?

MtD
One of us has a tobacco habit.  Hint: It's not me.

However, I have misplaced my banana flavored lube  :'(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 01:56:23 am »
One of us has a tobacco habit.  Hint: It's not me.

However, I have misplaced my banana flavored lube  :'(

Maybe it's behind yer moonshine jug.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 01:59:46 am »
Maybe it's behind yer moonshine jug.

MtD

I'm sorry my australian is a little bit rusty let me see if I can communicate with you in your native tongue.

Koala koala, wombat didgeridoo foster's outback shrimp-on-the-barbie, mate?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 02:06:22 am »
I'm sorry my australian is a little bit rusty let me see if I can communicate with you in your native tongue.

Well if you leave your Australian out in that damp Mississippi weather, of course the fucker is gonna get rusty.

You've gotta oil him just so or keep him inside close and warm.

Maybe give him a sip from that jug? ;)

Koala koala, wombat didgeridoo foster's outback shrimp-on-the-barbie, mate?

This just doesn't make any sense. Maybe you've been talking with English backpackers?

MtD
(Who knows shrimp are really prawns)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 02:10:00 am »
As an aside to the back and forth.  What I've always seen referred to as prawns are these MASSIVE shrimp, like the size of lobsters if not larger.  Are those not called prawns, or are they all prawns of varying size?

Sorry for the offtopic digression.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:36 am »
As an aside to the back and forth.  What I've always seen referred to as prawns are these MASSIVE shrimp, like the size of lobsters if not larger.  Are those not called prawns, or are they all prawns of varying size?

Sorry for the offtopic digression.

Who knows? Maybe you'd best stick to chitlins. :)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 02:19:35 am »
Who knows? Maybe you'd best stick to chitlins. :)

MtD

Don't knock it til you've tried it.  Although chitterling consumption is more prevalent in the African American community of the southern U.S.  I'll stick to the boiled crawfish, boudin, gumbo, and jambalaya that are our delicious culturally specific dishes.  Remind me, what exactly has Australia brought to the table in the way of culinary excellence?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 02:20:23 am »
Don't knock it til you've tried it.  Although chitterling consumption is more prevalent in the African American community of the southern U.S.  I'll stick to the boiled crawfish, boudin, gumbo, and jambalaya that are our delicious culturally specific dishes.  Remind me, what exactly has Australia brought to the table in the way of culinary excellence?

Vegemite, asshole.

And don't you forget it.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 02:29:49 am »
Vegemite, asshole.

And don't you forget it.

MtD
>:( :( :'(

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 02:30:27 am »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 04:31:41 am »
Vegemite, asshole.

And don't you forget it.

MtD

>:( :( :'(

S'alright, Mr Hell, Vegemite makes me cry too. Marmite is the ONLY  way to go!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline john33

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:51 am »
S'alright, Mr Hell, Vegemite makes me cry too. Marmite is the ONLY  way to go!

Both totally disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you either love it or hate it ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:59 am »
Both totally disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you either love it or hate it ;)

Perhaps Promite will serve as a happy medium. :)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 10:31:31 am »
I have to conclude that since vegemite, marmite, and promite all end in mite they must be made from mites...termites perhaps?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 01:31:55 pm »
I have to conclude that since vegemite, marmite, and promite all end in mite they must be made from mites...termites perhaps?

I don't know Trey.  It looks like it could be kangaroo dung that you spread on toast like peanut butter. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:04 pm »
I was hoping for something more like the distilled feces of abducted aboriginal "stolen children".
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 02:44:50 pm »
MMMMMM, did someone mention chitlins!!!!!! I don't think they're anymore disgusting than eating squid or monkey brains or any other disgusting food that most caucasians eat.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 02:58:22 pm »
It's just tripe, which can also be found in many cultures notably throughout Spain and all her past American colonies.

I first had it in France's culinary capital, Lyon, which has many dishes made from tripe.  I'll add that what I had there was world's better than what I've had in the South or Caribbean.  IIRC it was tablier de sapeur which is lightly breaded and pan fried.  Then there's stuff like andouillette sausage.  But I would assume it's the French influence from New Orleans that introduced this into Southern US cooking, though in Virginia when I grew up we never ate it.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 03:10:47 pm »

Chitlins have their own place as long as they are made properly (cleaned well), it's the intestines so it's easy to see why it would be important.  Tripe is the stomach.   Anyone ever had crackling bread?  My mother use to make it.  I don't know what it was exactly but the stuff was so good. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »

Chitlins have their own place as long as they are made properly (cleaned well), it's the intestines so it's easy to see why it would be important.  Tripe is the stomach.   Anyone ever had crackling bread?  My mother use to make it.  I don't know what it was exactly but the stuff was so good.  

Oh, my bad.  Maybe that's why I liked what I had in France better.  I've had intestines though definitely with mondongo in the Caribbean.

And a BIG YES to cracklin' bread -- I was raised on that and had it often at my grandmother's house on my maternal side.  It's incredible, and I was just saying to my mother that next time I'm home I was going to make it - it's really just corn bread with craklins thrown in, and that's just pork rind.  It's not always easy to find in suburban supermarkets if at all, but I can find it in the city at an old school butcher shop, and in fact there's one just for pig meat near me.  Oddly I can also go buy live chickens within walking distance of my apartment.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:26:25 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline john33

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 03:35:48 pm »
It's just tripe, which can also be found in many cultures notably throughout Spain and all her past American colonies.

I first had it in France's culinary capital, Lyon, which has many dishes made from tripe.  I'll add that what I had there was world's better than what I've had in the South or Caribbean.  IIRC it was tablier de sapeur which is lightly breaded and pan fried.  Then there's stuff like andouillette sausage.  But I would assume it's the French influence from New Orleans that introduced this into Southern US cooking, though in Virginia when I grew up we never ate it.

Thanks Miss P, I was just wondering what it is.

My mother had a fetish for tripe, but eating a Cows stomach in any form just isn't a nice idea

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 04:03:45 pm »
Thanks Miss P, I was just wondering what it is.

My mother had a fetish for tripe, but eating a Cows stomach in any form just isn't a nice idea

If cooked properly though it's quite good!!  The strangest thing I've eaten is raw conch penis (?) (reproductive organ) when I was staying in the Bahamas with my ex.

Hey David, does your mother make it with a cornbread type dough?  My mother had a unique way of making her cornbread and that's the part I can't match.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »

Hey David, does your mother make it with a cornbread type dough?  My mother had a unique way of making her cornbread and that's the part I can't match.

It was my grandmother that made it, not my mother.  My grandmother died five years ago, but I should have learned to make it 15 years ago when she was still cooking a bit, along with her pickled peaches, spoonbread and stuffing.  Nothing she did could be adequately replicated because she was so fierce she measured everything in the palm of her hands.

Have you had spoonbread?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »
Have you had spoonbread?

I can remember my grandfather use to make it after he would come home with a string of catfish.  He use to like it also with grits and some kind of funny wine he had.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »
I can remember my grandfather use to make it after he would come home with a string of catfish.  He use to like it also with grits and some kind of funny wine he had.

Grits + spoonbread would seem to me to be a grainy, salt/butter overkill.  Plus I bet he dredged the catfish in cornmeal too.

ps: I've only been fishing once in my entire life

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 05:17:21 pm »
Grits + spoonbread would seem to me to be a grainy, salt/butter overkill.  Plus I bet he dredged the catfish in cornmeal too.

ps: I've only been fishing once in my entire life

Was it telephoning?

I love it when you pretend you're southern. :)

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 05:19:42 pm »

I love it when you pretend you're southern. :)

And who was it that said my voice sounded like Truman Capote?  I'll have you know I was born just a hair below the Potomac River, so I qualify, even if it's technically further north than even DC.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »
And who was it that said my voice sounded like Truman Capote?  I'll have you know I was born just a hair below the Potomac River, so I qualify, even if it's technically further north than even DC.

Actually that is true. You do sound like Truman Capote.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:57 pm »
Chitlins actually was introduced to southern culture because that's what slave owners would give the slaves.  I'm not sure if cracklin' bread is the same as what we call cracklins but that would be pork rinds, so basically pork skins + bread maybe?  I've actually never even heard of cracklin' bread.  I do love monkeybread though although that's complete off the new off topic discussion of this thread.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24:45 pm »
Chitlins actually was introduced to southern culture because that's what slave owners would give the slaves. 

This statement is simplistic.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 05:26:15 pm »
This statement is simplistic.

Well the slave owners would take the "choice" cuts of meat and leave the leftovers for the slaves.  Chitlins being one of those undesirable internal organs.  The slaves made due and found a way to make them palatable.  As time has worn on it's a dish some people seem to enjoy.  I personally can't get past the smell.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »
Well the slave owners would take the "choice" cuts of meat and leave the leftovers for the slaves.  Chitlins being one of those undesirable internal organs.  The slaves made due and found a way to make them palatable.  As time has worn on it's a dish some people seem to enjoy.  I personally can't get past the smell.

Your mother might run a burger shack but you know little about food preparation, much less the complex interweaving of cultural influences in 17th and 18th century America.  I surely wouldn't rule out Massa eating porcine viscera if that's what his père had done in Nantes.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:47 pm »
Your mother might run a burger shack but you know little about food preparation, much less the complex interweaving of cultural influences in 17th and 18th century America.  I surely wouldn't rule out Massa eating porcine viscera if that's what his père had done in Nantes.

Ooh, dissed.

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:33 pm »
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-chitlins.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitterlings

http://www.reference.com/browse/chitterlings

"African Americans with roots in the rural South also claimed a specific cultural meaning for chitlins. At an early date, forced reliance  upon offal marked the foods of black southerners with a meaning different from those of whites. Until emancipation, African American food choice was restricted by the dictates of white society. Despite these restrictions, perhaps even as a retort  of sorts, African Americans fashioned a cuisine of their own. Laws may have been enacted to regulate slave dress and codify  slave mores, but in the kitchen freedom of expression was tolerated, even encouraged. As a result, African American cooks reinterpreted traditional foodways in an African-influenced manner and claimed chitterlings as distinctly African American.

Chitterling imagery pervades African American culture. The informal circuit of juke joints and clubs patronized by African Americans has long been called the "Chitlin Circuit." The bluesman Mel Brown, a veteran of the circuit, chose to title his early 1970s greatest hits album Eighteen Pounds of Unclean Chitlins and Other Greasy Blues Specialties.

When soul food came to the fore in the United States during the late 1960s and early 1970s, chitlins—along with watermelons and okra—were celebrated as a cultural sacrament. But not all African Americans embraced chitterlings as a preferred marker of identity. "You hear a lot of jazz about soul food," observed Eldridge Cleaver in 1968. 'Take chitterlings: the ghetto blacks eat them from necessity while the black bourgeoisie has turned it into a mocking slogan . . . . Now that they have the price of a steak, here they come prattling about Soul Food.'"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:25 pm »
Your disingenuous copypasta says nothing about the tradition of offal in Spanish and French cooking which would have preceded any written slave history, and it was those people who settled the Gulf coast before any English cracker stepped in.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »
Your disingenuous copypasta says nothing about the tradition of offal in Spanish and French cooking which would have preceded any written slave history, and it was those people who settled the Gulf coast before any English cracker stepped in.

Just can't ever admit you're wrong, can you?  I could give you countless other examples of the history of chitlin's being specific to african american culture, their origination going back to pre-emancipation days, and how chitlins is a very specific dish (even if predated by other similar foods), but that would do nothing to alleviate that chip on your shoulder.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »
Just can't ever admit you're wrong, can you?  I could give you countless other examples of the history of chitlin's being specific to african american culture, their origination going back to pre-emancipation days, and how chitlins is a very specific dish (even if predated by other similar foods), but that would do nothing to alleviate that chip on your shoulder.

Jesus you're not smart.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:27 pm »
Weren't we discussing the French fondness for innards just a year ago?

Just remember that Andouillette is much coarser than cajun Andouille.

I sometimes order the former at the Café de Paris in Monte Carlo because it grosses everyone out, including myself, and is a fitting ironic dish in this beautiful vulgar place.

Supposedly only the French really enjoy this dish.  I need tons of mustard and bottles of wine to get through a plate.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.