Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:47:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: STD QUESTION AND HIV TESTING TIME  (Read 12134 times)

Offline metrodance007

STD QUESTION AND HIV TESTING TIME
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:23 am »
Hi everybody first of all god bless everybody on this forum. I would like to say im 23yrs old male . I had unprotected sex with this girl i hardly knew on june 25th . unfortunately she gave me a std (gonorrhea) during that time i felt dizzy . tingling in my legs and hands . muscle twitching , swollen lypmh nodes in the groin. not a lot of hunger, a bit nauseated.i would yawn all day , i would wake up so early around 5 am or 6 am and would go to sleep early. i dont know if it was due to my stress and anxiety .anyways  No headache no fever. no flu symtoms. no rash. anyways i got treated for the gonorrea. what is my risk  that i am not hiv positive? the girl got a test today at 3months and came out negative . i took a test on the 77th day but havent taken one since the girl came out negative. she was on june23rd with one of her ex bfs unprotected before me , thats how i got gonorrea the condon ripped thats what she told me when she was with her ex bf . Anyways should i test at 6 months or should i relax, i remember i tested at 7 weeks. and 11 weeks. negative . I also remember around week 10 i got swollen groing lymph nodes and the doctor told me it was follicitus from shaving down there i dont know if she was correct. Anyways should i relax and say i didnt get hiv from her 3 month test? or should i retest at 6 months ? i just want to relax and have some peace of mind. Also what are the chances ill be negative at 6 months? and what have the studies shown people that have gotten gonorrhea and been treated , tested at 3 months and came out negative and still came out negative at 6 months? well thank you all and god bless you .

Offline RapidRod

Re: STD QUESTION AND HIV TESTING TIME
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:13:25 am »
You got yourself a case of gonorrhea? That's cureable.. You can not get HIV from the girl if she has tested negative. You don't get HIV from immaculate conception. All your symptoms you have claimed to have had, are not even symptoms of gonorrhea or specific to HIV. You should be checked out by your doctor if they persist. If you are sexually active you should be tested at least once a year for STDs and HIV. Please take the time to read the "Welcome" thread at the top of the page and follow the links. Go to any of Ann's posts for the link that explains the correct use of a condom.

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:25:36 am »
Hey thanks a lot for replying anyways i feel fine now no symptoms no nothing im good i dont feel like that anymore i just felt like that 2 weeks after the gonorrhea but yeah i have felt good and i dont have no symptoms so should i say im safe for hiv if the girl came out neg at 3 months? even though i got an std ? which was gonorrhea?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 04:32:58 am »
The answer is yes..

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:49:40 am »
sweeeeetttttttttttttttt for reals even though she tested 2 days short of 3 months? can i leave my fear behind once and for all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 04:59:11 am »
I was going to laugh, but for some reason I believe you are serious. YES, even if she was shy of 2 days. Now keep using the rain coats and you won't be getting a leaky faucet or HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 06:58:52 am »
Metro, you are responsible for your own health. I never think it's a good idea to rely upon someone else's report about their having tested negative.

The fact that you tested negative at 77 days (11 weeks) is more than just encouraging. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days and all but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will have done so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. Also, your condom would have protected you until it broke.

Should you decide to re-test at 13 weeks i certainly expect you would test negative again.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 03:59:36 pm »
hey just came back from the clinic im negative at 96 days so should i retest in 6 months or could i relax?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 04:10:22 pm »
You're done. You're HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life and keep those latex condoms handy....and use one everytime you have intercourse.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 04:16:36 pm »
nice some hiv counselor told me to test at 6 months since my encounter was 'high risk' and the hiv tends to hide in the gonorrhea virus or something like that , now is she smoking or what? and wasnt my encounter low risk even though i got gonorrhea it was unprotected 2 times unprotected

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 04:21:45 pm »
It's not a question of high risk or low risk here. It's when you were tested and it was at more than 13 weeks and you tested negative. You're DONE! No kidding.

And some "counselors" need to go to re-education because they are handing out stuff that is simply not accurate and worries clients needlessly. There's really no excuse for that kind of incompetence.

Please believe me. You have an all-clear, really.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 04:28:01 pm »
Metro,

Um, yeah. I want some of what that "nice hiv counselor" was smoking - must be good stuff. I totally agree with Andy. You are hiv negative and do not need further testing.

Make sure you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions and you will stay that way.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 04:37:39 pm »
Yeah she was being a really Bitc#%! shes like oh its u again shes like i dont know why u came to test 3 months is still way too early to detect anything. i told u to come back in december but whatever she was being a really bitch! about it sorry i had to say it. i was like i was told if u get a neg at 13 weeks ure good shes like who told u that? i was like some people i know , and then before that i remember i went at 2 months and she was like im not testing  you and she didnt , i remember telling her at 8 weeks they say its a good sign so can u test me she was like no sorry bye. well yeah why are hiv counselors like that? for reals thanks guys

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 04:56:39 pm »
Metro,

Just for future reference, you can find a different hiv testing center in your area by going to the HIV testing center database and entering your zip code. You need to find somewhere where they employ people who stay  up to date.

You do NOT need further testing at this time over this incident. However, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You can go for your next routine test in six months to a year, depending on how sexually active you are. But as far as this incident in June goes, you are DONE testing. You are conclusively hiv negative, now stay that way by consistent and correct condom usage. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line for condom information.

Ann
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 04:58:21 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 03:55:28 am »
hey thanks a lot guys , i have a question sorry again for asking these question but anyways i tested negative for syphilis chlamydia and gonorrhea on my 7 1/2 weeks since my exposure om june 25th . should i test for other stds? is there any stds that are silent ? i have felt fine so i dont know which ones to test for what should i do guys? i appreciate it . thanks again . 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:11:32 am »
Syphilis test at 13 weeks.

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 05:00:06 am »
 hey thanks buddy , anyways imma get a syphilis test in 2 days a bit worried. anyways the girl got a syphilis test at week 12 and a half should i kinda think that i wont come out positive for syphilis or should i worry about it?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 05:15:49 am »
Only a test will tell.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 07:18:47 am »
metro,

Worry all you want - worry never influenced a test result one way or the other.

You cannot go by someone else's test results to know a single thing about your own body. If you want to know the state of your own health, you must have tests run on your own body. Funny how that works, eh?

Don't forget, you should be having complete sexual health care check ups at least once a year as a matter of routine.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 03:10:59 am »
hey guys i tested neg for syphilis , i got my results the same day anyways what others stds should i  test for? thanks guy god bless u all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 05:29:10 am »
Metro,

You should be asking these questions at the place where you are testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 02:59:48 am »
Hey how are you guys? well im just a bit concerned im starting to feel near my groin the right side it seems to be popping out a bit i dont know if its inflammation or swollen but i can feel it more than the left one is this due that i might have an std? well i did my negative tests last week again and i tested once again hiv negative what can it be do you guys ever feel your nodes like that ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 07:41:54 am »
Metro,

We cannot diagnose your popping groin over the internet. If it worries you, you'll have to show it to a doctor in person. It's the only way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 02:34:15 am »
Hey guys how are you well first of all god bless you wonderful people. Let me start off by asking I know im going to get flamed by this ,but do i have to test at 6 months? I mean its been 4 months already since my encounter i tested at 14 weeks and my results were negative . I am not traumatized or making a big deal about it but what are my chances ill stay negative and wont late seroconvert. Also people that take up to 6 months are those all automaticly People taking chemotherapy or iv users? or has studies shown regular people not doing any treatment seroconverting at 6 months well thanks guys and god bless u all

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 02:40:02 am »
You are done testing, unless you have had a risk of exposure. You don't need to test out to 6 months.

Offline metrodance007

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:59:57 pm »
Hey guys whats up well i tested again and i came out negative its been 19 weeks now and well should i test again at 6 months or am i good ? i know im going to piss u guys off but whats up ?can i put my mind to rest

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 03:23:20 pm »
I guess you are another one that just don't read the replies and just keeps posting. Read the above replies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.