Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:41:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 232
Total: 234

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

is the fighting in lebenon and israil the beginning

yes
11 (31.4%)
no
24 (68.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: world war 3  (Read 23518 times)

Offline Dachshund

Re: world war 3
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 04:23:49 pm »
Let me get this straight...the USA sells arms to Israel...Israel drops bombs on Lebanon...we promise to send humanitarian aid to Lebanon an on an on an on an on an on an on an on an on.................................................................

Offline dario

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 04:40:24 pm »
dachsund,

Bravo!  Perfect comment!!  Indeed, Americans sell arms to Saudis as well!  It is called CAPITALISM.

Ironically the only "enemy" of the USA that was "defeated" without a single bullet being fired was the Soviet Union!  Do you remember the mighty USSR?  It dismantled itself spontaneously without a single US or Nato soldier invading Soviet soil.  That was really bad news for the armament market in the US.  Anyway, there were still enough wars around for the capitalists to keep selling ...

Yet, Dachsund, the quarrels of the Semites (Arabs vs Jews) are VERY COMPLICATED. 

salaam al'eik
d
... when I was young, I never needed anyone, making love was just for fun, those days are gone ... Eric Carmen (Raspberries)

Offline Cliff

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2006, 04:45:54 pm »
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the website you have linked in this forum is clearly biased.  I can look at the website and see that the information provided was cherry-picked by the authors (so no it's not a sample of mainstream tv stations as you say, because a sample would include all views and topics, not just those the author wants you to see, while conveniently excluding those he/she doesn't want you to see).  

I can see how inflammatory the views presented and can easily guess that the person(s) behind the website has an agenda.  And I can also guess that the agenda is to provide the most inflammatory message they can find, and present it as views commonly held by all Arabs.  I can also surmise that the same author would NOT include inflammatory views held by Israelis.

Do you know anything about the organization or the person behind that website?  I'd be interested in knowing who they are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal,

You forgot one small step.

The USA government gives Israel $3 billion a year to buy arms, the USA then allows its corporations to sell arms to Israel using guess what...the same $3 billion we just gave them...funny how that works!

And guess whose stock, (and net income), is gonna rise the longer this war lasts?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »

PERPETUAL WAR......PERPETUAL PROFIT

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2006, 04:57:37 pm »
a biased website? who would have thunk it? find me one US TV station or website that is notbiased in one direction or the other. I think  dario's point is that these clips were televised or printed at all.
Anyone falling for the case of Israel using excess force is a sucker. Thats what the Syrians and Iranians want. They were hoping to get the usual reaction from UN,europe,and US, criticism of Israel. This is the first time I can remember US not falling for this ploy.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2006, 04:57:55 pm »
dachsund,

Bravo!  Perfect comment!!  Indeed, Americans sell arms to Saudis as well!  It is called CAPITALISM.

Ironically the only "enemy" of the USA that was "defeated" without a single bullet being fired was the Soviet Union!  Do you remember the mighty USSR?  It dismantled itself spontaneously without a single US or Nato soldier invading Soviet soil.  That was really bad news for the armament market in the US.  Anyway, there were still enough wars around for the capitalists to keep selling ...

Yet, Dachsund, the quarrels of the Semites (Arabs vs Jews) are VERY COMPLICATED. 

salaam al'eik
d

We upgraded from bullets to surface to air missiles supplied by the USA to the mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Armament makers in the USA in the 80's were living the high life. Russia is back...bigger and badder and as repressive as ever.

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2006, 05:07:36 pm »
oy vey.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline dario

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2006, 05:12:59 pm »
Hal,
I agree ... Russia is back and slightly badder.  (But not that bigger).

I hope you are not one of those Americans who believe that the Soviet Union broke down because the Americans helped the Mujahedin defeat the Russians in Afghanistan.  If anything, the Americans there created Bin Laden! (Sometimes capitalism has its boomerang effects).

D

Cliff,
I agree perfectly with you that Memri TV is biased!   The only reason I put that link was because I guess that many here (unlike myself) do not understand Arabic and on that site there are translations and transcripts in english.  You may well want to link diretly to Al-Jazeera, Lebanon TV etc ... and see and hear for yourself.  But you would need a translator that sits next to you ...

ciao bello!
dario
... when I was young, I never needed anyone, making love was just for fun, those days are gone ... Eric Carmen (Raspberries)

Offline Cliff

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2006, 06:12:35 pm »
Russia is only powerful again because of high oil and gas prices.  Once prices drop...okay, if prices drop,  there goes the comeback kid.  Russia will just be one of the few nations that's actually going backwards, (as in decaying infrastructure, population decreases and increasing crime/corruption).  Plus it will be bankrupt, like it was in the 90s.  But I do like Putin's stride.  The man can walk.

Putin wants to buy up one of Britain's gas companies and has all but threatened to cut off gas supplies to Europe, if he doesn't get his way.  Can we say oil embargo, aka 70s style?

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2006, 07:26:47 pm »
dario, i dont understand how capitalism was the cause of Bin Laden? It is true that US support of afgans via paks created bin and his hoodlums, but the war was waged by one man, charlie wilson from east texas. He used politics to buy the support of Tip oniel and of course Casey couldn't resist a chance to fuck with the ruskies since it was supported by dems and thus gave him protection. At the same time we were supplying freedom fighters in central america against the ruskies. Charlies war in afganistan was more secret than the central american war. The irony is overwhelming. We created Bin and his bunch and they were still using our arms when we invaded after 911.
The Russian military lost much credibility and heart in afganistan.

Offline Jody

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2006, 08:20:17 pm »
KILL ALL THE HEZBOLLAH, KILL ALL THE HAMAS, KILL, KILL, KILL...Unfortunatley this line of thought and action just breeds more and more hatred, kill one and create 10 more and where or where does it all end???

It has reached a point where I don't even want to watch the news these days, it is way too depressing...Usually I get home and watch the end of the local news and the start of the World News but tonight, after burying myself in my work today, I just put on some soothing, light jazz music and went to the gym to exercise a bit.

I have become a bit numb (not by choice mind you) to world affairs- Death, displacement, dismemberment, destruction, disdain, it has become intolerable.

I think back to the movie "Brazil", a rather dark film...Long before the movie one of the characters was a matriarch of either the Tate or Campbell family in the TV show "Soap" which was the first we saw of Billy Crystal who ironically played a gay guy named Jody...Anyway this actress was in Brazil and she is doing lunch with the ladies in a time and place with great political turmoil and violence...So a bomb goes off in the restaurant, not too far from where they are seated and people are killed and maimed and ambulances come and there is total chaos at that end of the restaurant but she and the ladies don't even skip a beat, not even a glance over or a pause in conversation, they just continue to eat and gossip like nothing ever happened.

I don't ever want to become like that.

Jody  :'(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:06 pm »
I remember Brazil...I agree...I don't ever want to end up like that.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline AldousOrwell

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2006, 09:36:17 am »
Brazil a cool movie, directed by a guy from Minnesota who hung out with a bunch of English guys.

The actress you describe is Katherine Helmond by the way.

It foretold the future in a dystopian way. I was criticized for making the same point about HIV, yet people champion this film in terms of people lacking compassion when it comes to everything else. Interesting.

Aldous Orwell

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.