Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:47:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 431
Total: 431

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: prevention  (Read 16361 times)

Offline enjoythesilence

prevention
« on: December 04, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
Hi all! I'm an heterosexual 27-year-old man from Italy, so I'm sorry if I don't speak and write English perfectly. I consider your website one of the most important forum in internet about hiv and so I'm very happy to contact you!

I have some questions about HIV prevention.

First: recently (3 weeks ago) I had an oral and a vaginal intercourse with a girl who I don't know very much. I used a FLAVORED CONDOM (very well lubricated) during the oral and the vaginal intercourse (from the beginning to the end of all the sexual act). At the end of the intercourse, the condom didn't break. The condom label had the CE trademark (European Union), while the condom box had the following sentence: "The "serena" condom, to be used once, is an high-tech product made with natural rubber latex. It goes under strict quality controls, even the unitary electronic control. Serena is a lubricated smooth condom with depot-sac, useful as contraceptive and as a screen for sexual desease. The condom it is colored red and it is aromatized to the taste strawberry. EN 600: 1996. CE 0120. ISO:2002."

Well, I didn't know if the flavored condom could be used EVEN in a vaginal intercourse...but I didn't go in panic and I sent a question to a doctor (website drgay.ch) who is considered one of the most important hiv-prevention website in European Union. The doctor said that all the flavored condoms in EE.UU. can be used EVEN in the vaginal intercourse, and so they offer the same protection as the the "non-flavored" ones, even if they were used in the vaginal intercourse, because all the flavored condoms respect the EN 600:1996 and ISO:2002 standards. The only difference between flavored and non-flavored is that they're lubricated with "aroma". Aroma is NOT sugar (sugar can damage condoms and cause irritation and infections), but otherwise IT IS A WATER-BASED LUBE!

The problem is that my medician says that flavored condoms are manufactured to be used ONLY in the oral intercourse. He says that many flavored condoms are very very fragile and can break easily during intercourse and so the use of them during vaginal intercourse is at high risk of breakeage...

So..what is your opinion about that?

Second: I have a question about the use of water lubes...I know that water lubes should be used every time we have intercourse...Although many times I didn't use them because i NEVER had anal intercourse (I don't like anal intercourse) and I ONLY had vaginal intercourse.

The question is: if the condom is manufactured well lubricated *per se*, and it is used in a vaginal intercourse, and I DON'T use other water lube, can the intercourse itself be considered "at risk"? (I think it could become "at risk" only if the condom breaks, but if it doesn't break, it is NOT a risk!)

Thank you all, see you soon!!

Offline RapidRod

Re: prevention
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:17:48 pm »
No risk at all if the condom doesn't break. The idea of water base lube is breakage prevention. Lube is cheap, use it. As for the use once message. It means use once and do not reapply the same condom and use again in a few hours or the next day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 05:44:49 pm »
enjoy,

I agree totally with what Rodney said but would like to add a few things.

With vaginal intercourse the use of extra lube needs to be assessed on a case to case basis. If the woman produces enough of her own lube, you may not need extra. If she is a little dry, it would be a good idea to use some water-based lube. If you ever decide to try anal, make sure you DO use lube.

I don't see a problem with using a flavoured condom for vaginal intercourse as long as you see the CE quality control mark on the wrapper. Condoms that should not be used for intercourse are usually marked as such - for example, the wrapper will say "for novelty use only".

The important thing here is that you use condoms and you use them correctly and consistently. Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

You used a condom, it didn't break and so you had no risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 01:53:18 pm »
Dear RapidRod, Dear Ann,

I'm very happy to see you again. I'm sorry again if my english is not perfect.

Well, a couple of days ago I had a sexual encounter with a very beautiful girl. The sexual act was quite quick, because we made love during....the job!! in the office :-)

But because the particular situation (we could be fired or indicted by the police!!), unfortunately I cannot says at 100% that the condom DIDN'T break... I Know that, in all probability, it made its work...but this time I didn't check the condom at the end of the intercourse and so I ask you to help me, to analyze the situation..Let me see the thing of which I'M SURE at 100%:

1) WE USED CONDOM FROM START TO FINISH OF ORAL AND VAGINAL INTERCOURSE.. The condom was "Pamitex" and I see the CE quality mark on the wrapper;

2)when we FINISHED the vaginal intercourse, and the penis had gone out from vagina (obviously) she took off the condom and so...I ejaculated over her beautiful chest;

3) I had TWO clear images in my mind referred to this quick sexual encounter: one was that we didn't fell any case of "break", and the second was that, when she took off the condom, she spent a little seconds to do it: that is the sign that the condom was WELL-FIT to the penis...

4) when the encounter finished, and she took off the condom I remember at 100% that it was NOT like a "hula skirt" or a "banana split"...It was simply like a condom just used...

5) The day-after I ask her about my thoughts and all: after a little seconds of silence she answer me: "Don't worry the condom DIDN'T break...Absolutely not!!", and so she confirmed that the condom made its job very well...(I think I can fall in love with this beautiful girl)...

Well, as you can see WE wanted to do sex many times again (OBVIUOSLY WITH CONDOM), but THIS IS THE LAST TIME we do it at work!! :-)

Well, it's also true that I will do my routine test this year (last test was July 2006 and was negative), as Ann says...although I have a little "normal" fear about that...

But, as you have analized this particular situation, do you think that this encounter can be considered at "risk" or not? (in the term of scientifical hiv infection....not in the term of the police and law!)

I thank you for all.

Ciao!!!

Gianluca

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 01:58:13 pm »
No, you did not have a risk. You had protected sex by using the condom correctly. Keep using the condoms.

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:59:22 pm »
Thank you very much RapidRod.

See you!!

Gianluca

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:01:31 pm »
Gianluca, you need to know that when a condom breaks it's very, very clear that has happened. People often worry needlessly that it might have broken with just a tiny hole. That's not how it happens.   

When a condom break it's been compared to having a hula hoop with a torn skirt on your penis. Whether in or out of the office, just make sure you use one everytime you have intercourse and you'll be ok as far HIV risk is concerned sexually.

Cheers, 

Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 01:34:30 pm »
Andy Velez,

thank you very much. I totally agree with you. If the condom broke we would have known it. Even if i didn't check the condom immediately after the end of the intercourse, I think that it didnt't break...there are many elements that reassure me. When she took off the condom she didn't see or feel anything "strange", that's because the condom was perfectly worn...Also, I see the condom several minutes after the end of intercourse (it was on the ground) and it was NOT like a "hula hoop with a torn skirt", but it was simply like a condom that was just used like millions of condoms all over the world....In conclusion, the condom that we used was very very difficult to destroy because it is created for the ANAL intercourse...you know it is a resistant condom, ideal for this kind of intercourse...as I say we used a resistant condom for a VAGINAL intercourse and so it's clear that I can sleep as a puppy! :-)

Thank you for all,

see you!

Gianluca

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:26 pm »
Good. I'm glad you found the exchange here to be helpful to you, Gian Luca.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 05:37:47 am »
Hello all.

I have a question to Andy Velez or RapidRod.

Last week was my birthday. Then, I made a little party, and I invited some friends, and also two girls friend of mine (L. e G.). In that evening I had a first sexual encounter with one girl (L.), IT WAS VAGINAL INTERCOURSE, PROTECTED WITH CONDOM FROM START TO FINISH.

One hour after, I had my second sexual encounter with G., IT WAS VAGINAL INTERCOURSE, PROTECTED WITH ANOTHER CONDOM FROM START TO FINISH too. 

I underline that, even if was my birthday, I NEVER drank, because I HATE ALCOHOL. So, I HAD THE TOTAL CONTROL OF THE TWO SEXUAL ACTS, from start to finish.

But my doubts are connected to the fact that I had two sexual encounters in one night.

Is this a "risk" even if we used condom correctly?

I know that if we use condom we can have sex with many people, and many times we want. But I never had two sexual encounter in one night, and so I'm little afraid that this is can be considered at "risk" even if I used condom. What do you think about that?

Anyway, thank you very much for the help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 05:43:19 am »
enjoy,

It doesn't matter if you have two, or twenty-two, encounters in one night. As long as a fresh, latex condom is used for each different partner, you have not put yourself at risk.

Keep using those condoms, correctly and consistently, and you'll be fine. Have a read through the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence. A correctly used condom rarely breaks, so get reading.

You did the right thing and used condoms. You had no risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 05:50:43 am »
Ann thank you very very much for the fast answer!!

I think that forum.poz.com is the BEST Hiv prevention forum in the world.

In Italy, we can only dream it  :D

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 02:53:06 pm »
Well,

I'm sorry but I can't hide my thoughts inside me. Maybe I'm only a stupid worried-well, but I want to do my routine test (last was July '06 negative). I don't know WHEN I will do it, but I promise myself I will. Just for peace to mind. My fear is that I've known some people (outside this forum) who say that they became HIV+ even if they used condoms correctly. Although, the SCIENCE says that the use of condom is = to NO HIV. So, I'm in a sort of "personal dilemma", stupid thoughts, like a sort of crap in the head. So, I'm sorry if I can't hide them inside me, but I repeat, I think your forum can help many people, Hiv+ or Hiv-. And so, I need to talk to someone, because I don't want to go crazy. Thank you for all.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 02:57:11 pm »
No one has ever been infected by consistant and a correctly used condom. Never. I wouldn't be listening to people that told that kind of story because it just isn't true. 

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:41 am »
Ok, I have another question to you.

I know that is important to keep condoms HANDLY. In fact, MANY times I used MY CONDOMS, and I know their trademarks, quality, etc...

But sometimes unfortunately I used condoms provided by MY PARTNERS. I know that this can be considered as "a risk", in fact sometimes I asked my partners what kind of condoms were, but sometimes I didn't ask them. Anyway, I'm quite sure condoms never broke, as I'm quite sure they were latex condoms. So my concern was that I used condoms of which provenience is unknown.

Anyway, I think it's only my concern, but I would like to ask you what do you think abuot that?

As I say, I will do my routine test that I fully expect it will be negative.

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 05:38:58 am »
It doesn't matter if you brought the condom or the condom was provided by the other person as long as it was a latex condom was used consistently and correctly with water base lube then you have no worries.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:08:44 am by RapidRod »

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:32 am »
Thank You RapidRod,

but I don't understand when you say "then you have KNOW worries", I think that as long as I used condoms correctly and consistly, then I should have NO worries... sorry if I don't understand english perfectly.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 06:09:26 am »
NO RISK

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 06:58:35 am »
Hello all.

It could be a problem if the condom is inserted on a penis that is NOT 100% hard? I had a sex night with my new girlfriend and penis was a little soft (I was very tired). So she put the condom on and she gave me oral. After 5 minutes the penis was fully erect.  Then we had protected vaginal sex, but after some minutes I stopped because my penis was NOT fully erect. The condom was a little "moved" but it NEVER broke nor slipped off. So I thought condom made its work.

But now my concern is that even if I used the condom, some vaginal fluids could pass under the condom, because my penis was not 100% hard.

Is it only a stupid concern?

Nevertheless, we will do the test, but we will continue to use condoms, because we don't want to do sex without protection.

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 07:18:06 am »
As long as the head of your penis was covered you were never at risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:37 am »
enjoy,

You're worried that because you weren't entirely hard, some fluids may have slipped under the condom.

It doesn't work like that.

Keep using those condoms and you'll be fine where hiv is concerned. Take a condom refresher course by clicking on the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can be sure you're using them correctly.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 02:58:33 pm »
I'm sorry but I'm back and I'm unfortunately totally in panic.

I talked with a med groups called "helpaids" who anserwed to a my question. I translate the answer from italian to english. The answer threw me in panic

"The risk of catching Hiv in a SINGLE vaginal intercourse PROTECTED by condom, is null.

BUT, when the intercourses are numerous, repeated, and with DIFFERENT PEOPLE (mixed), in this case there will be the "potential risk", even if the condom doesn't break"

Believe me, I'm totally in panic after this sentence. I will do the routine test but before this answer I was calm, now I'm totally in panic.....What can I do?

I only believe in you, please help me!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 05:10:33 pm »
Well that's what you get for searching the information on the internet, especially in languages you don't speak. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

The translated advice you present is incorrect. Intact condoms prevent the transmission of HIV.

You didn't have a risk to begin with.

MtD

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 05:36:52 pm »
Well that's what you get for searching the information on the internet, especially in languages you don't speak. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

The translated advice you present is incorrect. Intact condoms prevent the transmission of HIV.

You didn't have a risk to begin with.

MtD

I'm sorry but I don't want to make you angry. Anyway I thank you for the help. I decided to contact this forum because in Italy there is a great DIsinformation about hiv. That is an example. Those italian docs spread Disinformation. I'm sorry,  :'(

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »
Last monday I had a sexual encounter with my secretary...the only free place was....a very small room. The problem was the darkness, in that room there wasn't the light. So, we only had oral sex, she gave me a blowjob (= NO risk). But, in the room there was also a chair. I sat down on the chair and, for a couple of seconds, she sat on me too...because I wanted to lick her tits and that was the only way to do that....the room was a very small place...so, for a couple of seconds (i.e. 10-20 seconds) there had been a sort of "frotage", a sort of quick, very brief contact between my penis and her vagina....I'm quite sure that there was NOT penetration, because I would have known it....Also, it is very difficult to have a penetration sitting on a chair....it's not easy, because it's quite uncomfortable and also a penetration is a tipical feeling....My feeling was a genital contact around the pubic area, but penetration is a quite different sensation....maybe, I think that it's only frotage...so, I'm quite sure penetration didn't occur, BUT there had been a slight, quick, brief penis-vagina contact...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 03:32:44 pm »
Frottage is not a risk for HIV transmission. Once again you have not been at risk of HIV.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 04:14:11 pm »
Fingering, maturbation (mutual or otherwise), touching, rubbing and variations on those activities are absolutely NOT in any way risks for HIV transmission. Some other STDs can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, but not HIV. 

HIV is a fragile virus. It requires a particular kind of receptive setting for transmission and that's what makes unprotected intercourse so unfortunately perfect to accomplish it.

You are worrying needlessly about your recent incident. Just make sure you keep condoms handy and that you always use one should you decide to have either vaginal or anal intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 10:15:20 am »
During the frotage, she moved over me in a sexual way...So, analizing the circumstances of the last encounter, I think that it was a "middle" between frotage and dipping...I cannot explain perfectly if the head of penis fully entered the vagina, because unfortunately the room was too dark to report the perfect situation to you....I can say that my feeling was a sensation of pleasure due to the genital contact...I cannot explain with accuracy if the head of penis entered in vagina...MAYBE the sexual movements of the woman MIGHT change the frotage into dipping....but really, I'm not sure about that...She said that penetration didn't occur and I'm sure too at 100% that penis DID NOT fully entered the vagina...MAYBE a very small part of the head of penis entered the vagina, but believe me it was a very brief genital contact and also I'm not sure it was only frotage or dipping, it is very difficult to explain it due to the darkness...It was only about a couple of seconds because it was an uncomfortable position...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 10:25:53 am »
While you're worrying about this incident, which I still consider to not have been risky, you might keep in mind that IF she was HIV+, the vaginal fluids which would be carrying HIV are up in the cervical area and not at the vaginal lips where your penis head MIGHT have been slightly poking. Although it's by no means certain from your  description that actually happened.

Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 02:44:42 am »
Today I have done the routine test at the hospital. What I have to say: I'm very worried, but there is no reason to be stressed because I have done all the right things to prevent Hiv...So, the result will be negative at....99,9%, right?  I hope will be so...They will give me the results the 31/12....Anyway, I want to thank you all the moderators of this fantastic forum.....God bless you....A kiss to all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 06:22:14 am »
ets,

There is no reason to think your test will be anything other than hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 06:37:24 am »
Hello! The test is finally negative!! I'm very very happy.....I want to thank you Ann, RapidRod, Andy Velez, Matty.the.damned...This forum is very very important for many people....These days I had 2 protected vaginal intercourses: do you think that another test is necessary?

God bless you,

Gianluca

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 06:39:20 am »
Gianluca,

Yes, of course your test result was negative, you didn't have any reason to test in the first place. You don't need to test again.

It's time you moved on with your life.

Best wishes,

MtD

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 05:43:04 am »
hello all! can I ask you something please? If I put a condom on a penis that is NOT erect, but during intercourse it does NOT break or slip off, could be a problem about Hiv prevention? Thank you very much, see you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 06:37:48 am »
ets,

How can you have intercourse with a penis that is not erect?

Regardless, erect or not, as long as the head of your penis was covered, then you have no hiv worries.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 05:30:32 am »
ets,

How can you have intercourse with a penis that is not erect?

Regardless, erect or not, as long as the head of your penis was covered, then you have no hiv worries.

Ann

Thank you. The penis was quite soft but I remember that condom did not slip off and it didn't break, because the sperm was inside it at the end of the intercourse. My fear is that I only saw the condom at the end of intercourse, I didn't shake it or something like that. It was a minimal control, I simply saw it, just that.

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 05:08:29 am »
Hello people can I ask you something? I had a vaginal sex at the end of the intercourse the condom was quite slipped off....I explain better: when I withdraw I see the condom that was on the head of the penis....BUT I CAN'T say if the condom covered ALL the head of penis....maybe only a part of it was covered I'm not sure at 100%...anyway when I withdraw I pull back the condom.....The condom was still out of the vagina but only the extreme parte of it..... then when I pull back it my penis was full covered. The sperm was inside the condom and it didn't break.

So, this situation could be a risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 05:33:17 am »
en,

No, this isn't a risk. After you cum, you're supposed to hold on to the end of the condom so it doesn't slip down like this. But no, what you describe was not a risk for hiv.

Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can learn how to use them properly.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 06:56:53 am »
en,

No, this isn't a risk. After you cum, you're supposed to hold on to the end of the condom so it doesn't slip down like this. But no, what you describe was not a risk for hiv.

Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can learn how to use them properly.

Ann

Thank you very much Ann. So, the only risk could be when the condom it's impossible to hang out, that's right?

The real risk is when the condom remains inside her? My condom was still on the gland, but I use my fingers to hang out the condom and pull back it on the penis. If i didn't use my fingers the condom would be slipped off completely, maybe inside her. I think i was very lucky in this situation

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 07:02:40 am »
en,

No, if the condom stayed inside her when you withdrew, you still would not have been at risk. Why? Because you wouldn't have been inside her when it came off. You were withdrawing.

When the condom comes off during withdrawl, the risk is to the receptive partner (the person you're fucking), not to you. The risk isn't for hiv, but for pregnancy and other STIs such as gonorrhea.

The REAL risk to YOU would be if you didn't use a condom at all. You used a condom. You had NO RISK. Keep using those condoms and you won't have a risk in future either.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 04:48:42 pm »
Hi all! In this months I had several sexual encounters, vaginal and anal intercourse always protected...and I'm sure that condoms never broke...If it broke I think I would know it....now it's time to do the routine test....Even if I think it would be ok, I'm afraid that condoms didn't protect me...it could be possible this? Every time I do the routine test it's a tragedy for me, sorry if you can please....thank you for your help....God bless You

Gianluca

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »
If you had condom protected sex and the condom did not fail then you didn't have a risk of contracting HIV. You should probably seek professional help to deal with your HIV phobias.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 05:03:10 pm »
Gianluca, I don't know anyone who doesn't get anxious when they are going to get tested. It's a very natural response. To call it "a tragedy" for you does seem a bit excessive.

Nevertheless from what you have reported I don't see any reason to expect anything other than a negative test result. Yes, you definitely would have known if a condom had failed. It's not a subtle thing with teensy weensy little holes when that happens. The whole thing splits and looks like a fringed hoop on your penis when it fails. See what I mean?

You are worrying needlessly. I certianly expect you will test negative. Keep using a condom everytime for vaginal/anal intercourse and you will be well protected as far as sexual transmission of HIV is concerned.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 04:40:19 am »
Thank you my friend for the support, I've done the test and it's all ok, it's negative. Anyway, I have to go to the doctor because in this days, after the test, I had a sexual intercourse using condom, condom didn't break but because of the friction due to the poor vaginal secretions, now my gland have 2 little sores....I don't think it is hiv or others std because this 2 little sores went only 2 hours later the protected intercourse...so it could be the friction....anyway I will go to the doctor and I will post his diagnosis....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 05:07:20 am »
This is not an HIV concern or an STD concern.

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 08:27:09 am »
Hello everybody,  ;)

these days I've made the test...hiv and other std....the results will be available on monday 7th of this month...I hope it will be all ok....I want to thank you for the great job you do here every day  ;)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 08:54:05 am »
That's a good idea for anyone to do regularly who is sexually active. As long as you have been consistently using condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you would not have been at risk sexually for HIV.

Good luck for  happy results with your tests.
Andy Velez

Offline enjoythesilence

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 10:32:10 am »
Hi guys, the blood tests were all ok about all the kind of STD  ;D ;)

But at the meantime, I had other sexual encounters all vaginal protected, but oral was unprotected...Did I have to reply the test after 6 months? Thank you so much have a good day  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 12:52:35 pm »
Gianluca, you have been coming here long enough by now to know the basics about what is risky sexually for HIV and what isn't. It's actually very simple. If you always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected sexually.

As you go forward in your life you need to apply what we've told you as you have sexual experiences. So you should know by now that unprotected oral sex is not a risk for HIV. So no, you do not need to re-test at 6 months. And in any case if you ever have a genuine risk, which I hope that you won't, then you get tested at 13 weeks and that is sufficient.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.