Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 413
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 389
Total: 391

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: lipo  (Read 6170 times)

Offline cumalotman

lipo
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:11:54 pm »
hey I'm new at this and don't know how it works....

i have had hiv for 24 years. and i have been from 99 pounds to 178 pounds with lipo on my neck area.
it makes it hard to do anything. it looks hideous. is there any thing i can do? i would love to hear from each and everyone
who is going thru this. and is there any excersies that you can suggest so i can at least combat this fat deposits???

thanks

a not so good looking man from florida >:(

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: lipo
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:23 pm »
Hey Cumalotman (now there's a name I'll remember!  :D)

I, too, have the humps, bumps and lumps - not to mention the skinny arms, legs, face and noassatall, a dreadful condition.

I have exercised regularly for a long time. I makes my gut easier to control because I can suck it in with a bit less effort. But the buffalo hump, lumps behind my ears, the jiggly turkey neck - nothing seems to help.

I wish I could be more help. Just remember, you're not alone.

By the way, welcome to the forums, glad you've joined in. I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:36:34 pm »
Hi and welcome!

I second what Mark has said...I don't believe there is any "exercise" one can do for lipodystrophy problems.   Some have had plastic surgery, only to have the humps and bumps return with a vengeance.....

You're not alone!

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:06:50 pm »
Lipo is the result of a metabolic dysfunction.  Exercise will not change this fact, unfortunately.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 07:52:23 am »
Hey Cumalotman (now there's a name I'll remember!  :D)

:) Me too. Hello Cumalotman. Welcome to the forums. Another Floridian here, from the Tampa Bay Area.

Take care----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:39:51 am »
Welcome. We do have an entire forum that deals with the issues of lipo that you might find informative and helpful.

Again welcome.
Hal

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.