Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:20:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 322
Total: 323

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: would it violate TOS of this site?  (Read 17355 times)

Offline zach

would it violate TOS of this site?
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:54:23 pm »
i'll tread softly here, if i get a spanking for this, i request ann, with the belt of her choice

now that medicinal marijuana laws are changing across the land, could we have a thread about the growing techniques/consuming methods/recipes etc of this

not even sure how much interest there would be. maybe for legal reasons those posting to said thread all affirm they are residents of a medicinal state (yeah, i live in colorado)

give it some thought, i know the first reaction is to joke, but i'm serious here

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: would it violate TOS of this site?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:13 pm »
now that medicinal marijuana laws are changing across the land, could we have a thread about the growing techniques/consuming methods/recipes etc of this
you do know that there are whole sites filled with that information right?  ;)  :D

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »
yeah, and they have just as much aids stigma as everywhere else. i don't think it treats, or cures, i only look at it as palliative relief.

and thats a bearded dragon, not an iguana  ;)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:55:43 pm »

and thats a bearded dragon, not an iguana  ;)

And much cooler than an iguana, even if it does smoke pot. I never smoke because it's illegal and I do not partake in illegal activities of any sort, ever!

You guys could call it something cool like The 420 thread and when you click on it Space Cowboy by Steve Miller plays through the computer speakers.

Now that would be pretty cool.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »
You could try searching the forums.  I did and found 6 pages worth of posts regarding pot.  You can talk about almost anything here and as long as you are not suggesting illegal use, they are only words.

As if the NSA does not already know all the potheads in the States.

Joe

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »
they have just as much aids stigma as everywhere else.
you're reading the wrong forums, if they're busy dissing pozzies and AIDS and not talking about weed. LOL

Space Cowboy by Steve Miller plays through the computer speakers.
effing earworm!  ;D

however, it'd have to be The Joker - Steve Miller Band
http://youtu.be/pPOKJikcYMk
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:43 pm »
ok ok, i can see i got the expected reaction, consider me rebuked

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:56 pm »
Resident pot head here zach. 

I live in Seattle and it's legal here for both medical and recreational.  I hope you don't think people are giving you to much flack.

My advice, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  If you want to start a weed thread, start one.  Many will participate. 

Your welcome to stop by my place and share a bowl, for medical reasons of course.

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 12:57:44 am »
ok ok, i can see i got the expected reaction, consider me rebuked

Zach,

We only rib the ones we love.

Joe

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 01:24:53 am »
i know joe, my precious feeling aren't hurt, kinda knew what to expect going in.... my dr appt tomorrow has some anxieties up, i was vaping when i wrote the post. i know there are other smokers on the boards, picked up on a few jokes. i was just wanting to swap information with like minded pozzies. this is probably unhealthy, but i've gotten to where i don't even like to talk to neggies anymore. about anything.

like i know i can't smoke the stronger strains anymore, i've got really low blood pressure anyway, and the head rushes get bad. so i stay away from sativa. and there really are strains that have different benefits

Offline buginme2

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 02:50:58 am »
i

like i know i can't smoke the stronger strains anymore, i've got really low blood pressure anyway, and the head rushes get bad. so i stay away from sativa. and there really are strains that have different benefits

Hmm I'm curious about that.  I've got a hybrid that I just purchased from a local co-op.  Bad rush. I thought I smoked too much.  I'll have to keep an eye out.  I was actually going to experiment with purchasing one 1/4 of indica and 1/4 sativa to document the experience.

Science is fun!

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 04:01:01 am »
Hmm I'm curious about that.  I've got a hybrid that I just purchased from a local co-op.  Bad rush. I thought I smoked too much.  I'll have to keep an eye out.  I was actually going to experiment with purchasing one 1/4 of indica and 1/4 sativa to document the experience.

Science is fun!

I stopped smoking regularly as I could not find anything that did the job, reduce pain, increase appetite and allow me to function. The stuff available is too strong and I think my own past levels off tolerance have gone.

I have discussed a research field trip to Amsterdam , which as I write this at 7.30 am awaiting my dental appointment , seems a very very very good idea.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline zach

Medicinal Cannabis
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 07:21:37 am »
the old accepted wisdom is that sativa is a head high, more cerebral. indica is more a body high, couch lock. the appeal is always to breed stronger, some strains now are over 25%, that's just too damn powerful for my needs.

getting into the different cultivars, has become a real science. customized levels of thc and cdb's.

i'm not able to get started plants, selected for type and such. i just collect the best seeds, from the best bags. i've got half a dozen started, but they are starting to suffer, they want to go outside, and all these cold snaps. my bonnie tomatos and peppers are doing great.

bug, you should talk to the salesmen at the dispensary. they may look like crusty hippies but they know their product. when i got out of the hospital from pneumonia i was taking thc extract, i just couldn't smoke. it did the trick. then i started to vape, and that is the light and the way lemme tell you

well, off to the bureaucracy of the ASO for a "Dr" appt. maybe i'll actually see a reall doctor today, like somebody with a mail order degree or something. maybe labs, maybe some idea when i'll be back on meds.

or maybe not
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:27:48 am by zach »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 07:27:30 am »
Zach, as far as I know, it would only violate the ToMs of this site if you tried to use the site to buy or sell it. As others noted, we talk about pot quite a bit here.

I'll still happily spank you though.

BTW, Skeebo lies. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 11:53:17 am »
you're reading the wrong forums, if they're busy dissing pozzies and AIDS and not talking about weed. LOL
effing earworm!  ;D

however, it'd have to be The Joker - Steve Miller Band
http://youtu.be/pPOKJikcYMk
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run

Some call me the gangster of love....

In all seriousness I think we should have a support group for people like me who are suffering through overwhelming bitterness  towards those who live in a legal state. 

I bet you guys don't even remember the feeling of calling your weedman and having to wait 2 weeks for delivery after he tells you daily he's on the way.   

Has anyone else became curious with their E-cig and wondered how the nicotine oil would work if we toss a nugget of primo bud in?

Offline Theyer

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 03:42:50 pm »
Some call me the gangster of love....

In all seriousness I think we should have a support group for people like me who are suffering through overwhelming bitterness  towards those who live in a legal state. 

I bet you guys don't even remember the feeling of calling your weedman and having to wait 2 weeks for delivery after he tells you daily he's on the way.   

Has anyone else became curious with their E-cig and wondered how the nicotine oil would work if we toss a nugget of primo bud in?

Off course it was the second thing I thought off. The hash Vaporizers though also work with grass , last time I looked they where not cheap though, I strongly suspect I might be leaping off the Wagon soon , for a week or so,
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »
Skeeb- You should of stayed up North, they are just getting everything going.  You can go to the canna docs with a note from the doc and 200 bucks for the medical card.

Zach- I am thinking about learning how to grow, it has been too cold here.  I get what I get and don't get upset for now. :)
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 06:32:09 pm »
how to grow, it has been too cold here.
that's why I wish Winter would hurry up and leave SC ;)
(yes, I know it's already Spring but you wouldn't know it living here. argh!)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »
Skeeb- You should of stayed up North, they are just getting everything going.  You can go to the canna docs with a note from the doc and 200 bucks for the medical card.

Man, that really sucks...  I had just found a great connection in Fall River and moved two weeks later.  Massachusetts is really a beautiful place to smoke.  They decriminalized it when I was there.  My wife is going to Seattle in April for some ladies only trip....  man I wish I was a girl.

Your welcome to stop by my place and share a bowl, for medical reasons of course.

I'll give you some free quick scoping lessons if this offer is extended to me. ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 08:18:46 am »
Whatever happened to Acapulco gold and Hawaiian redbud?

The last time I smoked weed was about 10 years ago.  It made me so paranoid I stayed on the couch until the high subsided some.  I thought I would fall on my face if I got up.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »
Whatever happened to Acapulco gold and Hawaiian redbud?

The last time I smoked weed was about 10 years ago.  It made me so paranoid I stayed on the couch until the high subsided some.  I thought I would fall on my face if I got up.

Those are considered regs now, instead of the premium grade they got back in the 70's.  Bug and Zach are probably smoking some diesel, mind blowing skunk weed hybrid of sorts. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »
I miss the easy access to good hash , my maitre,d rings if he has something fine which is usually a first press off some sort. Dept would be embraced if he came up with Temple Balls.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »
Those are considered regs now, instead of the premium grade they got back in the 70's.  Bug and Zach are probably smoking some diesel, mind blowing skunk weed hybrid of sorts.

I've stopped using my "dealer" and have started using a delivery service. www.winterlifecoop.com. They will bring an entire supermarket of choices to your door.   My latest purchase was a high grade hybrid with the brand name "Sour Grapes Hybrid".   It was definitely too strong, knocked me on my ass, thought my heart would stop at one point until I realized I was just super high. 

I'm backing off on the next purchase and going with one regular grade sativa and one regular grade indica.  They do sell some edibles and concentrates but I haven't experimented much with them (the last time I ate a pot brownie I had to be carried home).

They are going to start selling hash oil here in June (I think June) but they need to work out some regulations first.  I'm kind of interested it trying that.

I'll give you some free quick scoping lessons if this offer is extended to me. ;D

Absolutely, my offer extends to everyone.  I'm much less of an asshole when I'm sharing a bowl with friends. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 04:53:18 am »
I've stopped using my "dealer" and have started using a delivery service. www.winterlifecoop.com. They will bring an entire supermarket of choices to your door.   

Complete and utter bliss.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 01:20:50 pm »
I miss hash....
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »
I miss hash....

and corned beef .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 03:35:25 pm »
and corned beef .

No that's me who misses corned beef. I could just about kill a Reuben right now.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
No that's me who misses corned beef. I could just about kill a Reuben right now.

I will have one for dinner for you .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 03:51:06 pm »
I will have one for dinner for you .

Thanks. Just don't go the corned beef and cabbage route - I don't think I could handle the gas this evening.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »
Thanks. Just don't go the corned beef and cabbage route - I don't think I could handle the gas this evening.

Burning tires again ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »
Burning tires again ?

Not yet tonight... which reminds me, I need to eat and do some drugs meds. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline zach

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 04:30:40 pm »
What is the hash in corned beef and hash? Is it like hash browns, waffle house stuff? I used to think it was just a Yankee joke. People really eat it?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »
What is the hash in corned beef and hash? Is it like hash browns, waffle house stuff? I used to think it was just a Yankee joke. People really eat it?

potatoes, diced small mixed in with the corned beef!  You ain't really lived till you've had corned beef hash with sunny side eggs on top.  I thought this was a Southern hick thing since my mom made it for me all the time.  I know up North they'll look at you crazy if you ask for hash browns or grits, it's home fries for them.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 05:45:54 pm »
I have a craving for corned beef and cabbage now and then but I buy an extra large corned beef so I can make homemade hash with the leftovers for breakfast the next day  ... Its a good way to get my friends out of bed when they are visiting . The flip side is I fed my friends cabbage the night before and there is a price one pays for that .

Good old salty corned beef hash is best homemade .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 05:52:13 pm »
  I know up North they'll look at you crazy if you ask for hash browns or grits, it's home fries for them.

We northerners like hash browns, it's all about the grits.  :) I have corned beef and cabbage in the fridge but I'm not quite ready for it. lol.

I used to smoke weed when I was in my late teens/early twenties but haven't other than on a rare occasion since until about two years ago. The daily headaches got to be too much. While it doesn't act as a pain reliever, it does seem to distract me from it.

I bought a vaporizer in December and loved it. The problem was that it came with no cleaning instructions. The resins built up and I tried to disassemble the darned thing. Big mistake! I went too far and pulled out the rubber gasket. Impossible to put back in place. How are you supposed to clean it?

Anyway, I only take a few (well maybe 5 or 6) tokes a night but the vaporizer was 10 steps better than a pipe. Much easier on the lungs even though I'm not a heavy weed smoker. One ounce will last me more than a year but I also have been and still am a pack a day cigarette smoker. I really need two vapors!
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline zach

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 06:25:48 pm »
Thing I had to get over with vaporizers. There's still weed when nyoure done. It is absolutely a gentler way to consume though

Offline mitch777

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »
Thing I had to get over with vaporizers. There's still weed when nyoure done. It is absolutely a gentler way to consume though

Ya, I know what you mean about the leftovers but while they look "edible" the "vitamins" have been depleted. lol.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »
Ya, I know what you mean about the leftovers but while they look "edible" the "vitamins" have been depleted. lol.

Ah Mitchy, did not know this!  Now my image of you has totally changed lol.  Not really, I know what a sweetheart you are. 

Jeff, I'm with Ann. I would absolutely kill for a Reuben.  You and I don't live that far apart.  Unfortunately, too far to drive for a Reuben.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »
Ah Mitchy, did not know this!  Now my image of you has totally changed lol.  Not really, I know what a sweetheart you are. 

Yes, I feel like I just came out of another closet here.  :o

So sorry about my image. lol. It might explain a few things.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 07:18:55 pm »
Yes, I feel like I just came out of another closet here.  :o

So sorry about my image. lol. It might explain a few things.

No dear, your imagine has not changed in my eyes.  I could tell you stories that may make my imagine tarnished (heaven forbid).  I know you the person, and you have no idea how highly I think of you.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »
No dear, your imagine has not changed in my eyes.  I could tell you stories that may make my imagine tarnished (heaven forbid).  I know you the person, and you have no idea how highly I think of you.

Both ways, both ways.  :-*

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »
Mitchypoo is a stoner now? How gauche.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
Mitchypoo is a stoner now? How gauche.

lol. a minor stoner. how is your klonnie intake btw? is that a better route? kettle/pot? tee hee.

Offline zach

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
I knew there were a bunch of potheads in here. I say we all get together in a drum circle and eat sandwiches all night

Offline mitch777

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »
I knew there were a bunch of potheads in here. I say we all get together in a drum circle and eat sandwiches all night

get yourself out of the hospital first.  :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 08:13:55 pm »
lol. a minor stoner. how is your klonnie intake btw? is that a better route? kettle/pot? tee hee.

I've told you folks that since November I've only taken my klonopin as prescribed, which is why I am sleeping so much better now.

Pot just makes me anti-social and paranoid and certainly does zilch for pain relief.

If I want to get high I'll take the subway up to Kensigton and score some smack from Nodia Tiltovah.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 08:54:33 pm »
Miss P anti social ??? who would have thunk it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »
Miss P anti social ??? who would have thunk it .

... hence why I moved up quickly to acid in college

Offline Theyer

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2014, 11:45:19 am »
get yourself out of the hospital first.  :)

Oh no thats just the kind off stuff I ended up doing in Hospital.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 07:35:13 pm »
I'd move to Seattle for legal pot and hash.  wonder if you could buy them mixed together.

8)

How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.