Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:55:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need to figure this out  (Read 4945 times)

Offline cityboy

Need to figure this out
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:12:51 pm »
I tested positive in July.  I was also told that I had Hepatitis B and I had gotten over it through my own defenses.  In November 2006, I went to the doctor to get my blood work done for my anemia and an HIV test.  The doctor overlooked doing the HIV test.  The last HIV test I had was June 2006 where I was negative (sometimes I just stare at this and wish) In November 2006 I started getting reb blotches around my ears and hairline and I think it is called clamidis...where on the edges of your lips you get something that is similar to a yeast infection.  I also got some blisters in my mouth.  Overall I felt terrible and very weak, felt like I was getting a cold.  In July, I felt like I had a temperature, was getting light night sweats, and my lymph nodes were swollen.  I have been thinking ever since how I got infected, since I used condoms, I didn't know how this happened. What are some of the less likely ways of getting HIV ( I am a top only if that matters and dont orally service) Then I was wondering did I get Hepatitis B in November and then infected 3 months prior to July, or was I infected 3 months prior to November.  I just need to get some closure on this since it is just on my mind constantly.  Sometimes i just sit there looking at my neg HIV results from June and cry wondering what I did to deserve this. 

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Need to figure this out
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:31:25 pm »
For what is worth...

Trying to pin-point your infection to who/what/when/where really serves no purpose..   Play the tape and see where it leads you...  Water under the bridge..  Forgive yourself and move on.   No one deserves being infected with hiv.   Its a virus.   The world has a bunch of them.  You just happened to get this one...  Gota let it go sometime... Maybe not yet, but soon I hope...

Eric

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:52:28 pm »
Hi, i agree with Eric...

It is better to move on my friend. Wish you the best.

Juan Carlos
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline wantmy9

• HS pic
    • PSW,  randy
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 03:57:22 am »
 :) I understand your feelings as i was there a few years ago myself.  You become positive and wonder who was i with and what did I do to allow myself to make a mistake.  What mistake did i make?  You know, it is not going to change anything.  I know in my situation, and am pretty confident on how it occurred.  Unfortunately it was out of my control, due to medication i was on for mental health that made me basically drunk when i went to bed.  It makes you wonder from whom, and it may be a question that will always be there unless you are able to more precisely determine when you may have received the HIV.  If the time frame between HIV tests and the number of playmates has been numerous, it is highly unlikely you will be able to make that determination and even if you were able, what will change?  I could only suggest to move on with your life and allow yourself to live as if though it never occurred.  You are no different, just housing a virus that means nothing to anyone unless you are having sex with them.  Take your meds and keep yourself healthy, will help you with the living rather than hiding.  Hope all goes well for you and that it becomes easier as it has for me.

Side note, i too had Hep B and did not know it until one day my doctor kind of went past it and i stopped her to ask her what she meant, only to discover i had it and my body took care of it without any knowledge on my part.

randy
Respectfully,
randy

Today is the best day for the rest of your life.
HIV is a change in your life, deal with each day.
If you are lucky enough to have a friend keep them, be a friend in return.

Offline cityboy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:11:33 pm »
Thanks .  No idea how this occurred, if I knew it would be easier just to close the book fast.  I am trying to just focus on other things and no think too much about my evil roommate lurking inside.  Take care of yourself too...we both will get through. 
All the best,
Cityboy

:) I understand your feelings as i was there a few years ago myself.  You become positive and wonder who was i with and what did I do to allow myself to make a mistake.  What mistake did i make?  You know, it is not going to change anything.  I know in my situation, and am pretty confident on how it occurred.  Unfortunately it was out of my control, due to medication i was on for mental health that made me basically drunk when i went to bed.  It makes you wonder from whom, and it may be a question that will always be there unless you are able to more precisely determine when you may have received the HIV.  If the time frame between HIV tests and the number of playmates has been numerous, it is highly unlikely you will be able to make that determination and even if you were able, what will change?  I could only suggest to move on with your life and allow yourself to live as if though it never occurred.  You are no different, just housing a virus that means nothing to anyone unless you are having sex with them.  Take your meds and keep yourself healthy, will help you with the living rather than hiding.  Hope all goes well for you and that it becomes easier as it has for me.

Side note, i too had Hep B and did not know it until one day my doctor kind of went past it and i stopped her to ask her what she meant, only to discover i had it and my body took care of it without any knowledge on my part.

randy

Offline next2u

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 01:09:34 am »
Sometimes i just sit there looking at my neg HIV results from June and cry wondering what I did to deserve this. 

Hey, you did nothing to deserve this. It's a virus, viruses happen. It is not a punishment and you will get through this. It takes a while, but we are here for you. Have you seen a counselor or hiv support group? They can help sort out your feelings and allow you to explore your emotions in a safe place. Hey man, just remember you are not alone and HIV does not define who you are - don't let it. On that note, take care and know that we are here for you. 
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.