Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 388
Total: 388

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who let the dog out...  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Texan38

Who let the dog out...
« on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:18 am »
As I drive up to my house, I notice the side gate is open - my dog is gone! She's a Dalmatian I had for 15 years! I got her when I first tested positive! I walked up and down the block whistling for her then I drove around the neighborhood, I called the dog pound.....nothing. I know she's an older dog, her eye sight and her hearing weren't that great but still....she was my dog...I was greatly saddened.  :'(
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline mjmel

Re: Who let the dog out...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:02 am »
Put posters around the neighbor telephone posts and grocery stores (from gramps to walmart) as well as the laundrymats--with pic.
This could turn out with a happy ending.

Do any public utility workers access the back yard to read meters?
Put a lock on the inside of that gate so no one unlatches it in the future.

I hope you don't have to experience a broken heart over this and I hope someone has found a friendly, sweet dog that will be returned to it's home soon.

Mike

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:22:42 am »
any news yet on the dog?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed~~

r

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:54:59 am »
Oh dear, Tex.  I agree with Mike about putting up the posters (and putting a lock on the inside of your gate). 

Here's hoping that your dog will be home again with you very soon.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Texan38

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 12:57:49 pm »
I just did a whole bunch of fliers so I can post all around the neighborhod - going home for lunch so I can to that -  and I called the dog pound again...still nothing.  There have been several times when kids from the house behind me come over because a ball accidentally goes over.  I would just go back there and throw it over.  I do have my suspicions that kids just walked over and opened the gate.  >:(  I'm going to go buy a lock this weekend and look for someone who can install a taller fence. The one I have is about as high as my torso and I'm 5'11. It was tall enough for my beloved Gina but hey, can't give up hope yet!  :-\
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:22:59 pm »
Tex, Sorry to hear about your dog!  Do you have any local forums you could post on?  We have one through our local paper, where you can go and post missing or found animals.  You could try craigslist too.  I hope you find her soon.
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
I can imagine how deeply this hurts, as I'm very attached to my dog.  One this is for sure -- that gate didn't open itself. It really chaps my hide that someone was malicious enough to open your gate and let out your dog. 

On 2 occasions, my hounds escaped the backyard, and were gone for 4-5 days.  In one case, they came back by themselves.  In the other case, the electric co-op called me and said they had my dogs --  15 miles away from my house!  I got them back in both cases, so there's hope.

I hope you and Gina are reunited soon.

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 02:06:47 pm »
I can't even imagine how terrifying and upsetting that must be.

I' hope you find her soon and my thoughts are with you.

Mike
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:20:52 pm »
Hey there
I hope all is well with your pooch and everything works out ok.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 02:46:24 pm »
Texan,

I'm really sorry to hear what has happened. Wishing all turns out for the best.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »
The brats!

>:(

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:23 pm »
I'm waiting to hear what happens, Tex and sending tons of love your way. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 12:07:30 pm »
bark
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 12:18:55 pm »
Tex,
   As a dog addict, I can understand how you feel. I hope that your Gina returns home safe and sound. I would be devestated if anything like that happened to one of my dogs. I'll send some good vibes your way for her return.

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 02:16:30 pm »
Good luck finding Gina.

I saw a dog wandering in front of Walmart this morning. A big ole pit bull rottweiler mix. The employees had it teathered to a tree on the side of the store by the time I was leaving. Hope they don't just leave him sitting there.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:26 am »
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your support, good thoughts and good vibes. I do apologize for not updating you sooner  - I don't have a computer at home so I use the one at work...
No news...I did get a couple of phone calls stating they saw a Dalmatian several streets down, one of calls said he saw a Dalmatian at the other side of town.  I kept walking around the block over the weekend (the most exercise I've had in a while)...nothing. I would drive around hoping to see her walking around or playing in someones front yard...nothing.  I kept in touch with the animal shelters - nothing.  So, all I can do is hope that wherever she is or whoever has her, she's being treated well. I'll still keep my eyes open and listening for that familiar bark though and again, thank you all ...your comments lifted my spirits.  :-*
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 11:40:05 am »
Good luck on finding your dog.  I would be so heart broken if I lost mine.  He is most of my life right now.  If she comes home do what others have suggested get a lock for the gate.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 12:07:03 pm »

I suggest a lock on that gate even if she doesn't come home. And I suggest a new friend. A dog does the heart sooooo much good. (pause)...excepting for situations like this.
Some poor mutt locked in a cage at the local pound is hoping for freedom and a wee bit of affection. Well, LOTS of affection. Some of the best friends you'll make are mutts. Grateful, panting, smiling, licking, holedigging, playing
till-u-drop mutts.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:09:24 pm by mjmel »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.