Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:00:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: unprotected oral sex with cut  (Read 29773 times)

Offline Luuk

• Standard
unprotected oral sex with cut
« on: June 21, 2006, 05:39:42 pm »
Hello Andy and other friends.

I like you very much , because I like your rule: Put the condom on and you will be protected.
I am heterosexual man and I like sex very much. Or better to say: I had liked sex very much. All started when I tried to find some info about HIV/AIDS but unfortunately I found symptoms and all confused things that everything start to be unsafe and everything is symptom.

I think that having sex (making love) is never sterile and ALWAYS invoking some exchange of body fluids . Making love and thinking about of million of details (if I had touched  her vagina before I  touched my penis , if I have cut on finger,  if I touched condom with same hand I masturbate her, if I licked her finger that she had in vagina 5 seconds before, is these 5 seconds  enough for HIV to survey outside the body) is not making love. When somebody makes love brain is full of emotions and there is not place for million details. That the reason I like you rule that is simple and strict.

“Andy” said (in some post) that there is some difference between vaginal fluids from entrance (not take part in transmitting) and from cervical area (taking part in transmitting). Can you say me more about these facts or send link to some researches about it because it will solve more than 99% of my doubts and give explanation to my exhausted brain about details mentioned above )

I am very sorry that information from other sources are not identical with yours because I like yours.

Thank you, thank you thank you

Luuk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: different vaginal fluids???
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:21 pm »
Luuk,

Unless you've been having anal or vaginal intercourse without a condom, you have not had a sexual risk for hiv infection.

Keep using those condoms and you will be fine. Touching or fingering a vagina, with or without cuts, is not a risk. Touching and then using a condom after masturbation is not a risk.

Sexual risk happens during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. And that's it, except for the very rare case that happens during giving a blowjob. As you do not have sex with men, this isn't a concern for you.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence. Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links to the Lessons.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:32:34 pm »
Thank you very much on answer, but I need some explanation why penis-vaginal fluid contact inside body is risky but outside body is not risky (e.g. virus lives outside body 1 micro second or it can’t be reproduced in outside environment, or something else).
Sorry for asking for more details but I am mathematic type and I am always trying to find logical explanation.

Thank you.

Luuk

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 02:08:57 am »
Or maybe you can say, there is no explanations but experiment show it.

Please answer,

Luuk.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 02:12:29 am »
HIV is fragile and require very specific conditions to transmit it.... INSIDE the body.

external contact and infection just does not happen in the real work in the 25 years of this epidemic.   If it had, we'd know about it.

but it doesn't and you won't be the first.   If you have further questions, i'm sure others here can provide the science, but the science rarely, if ever, provides people comfort.   It's not the science of it you need to understand, it's the risk vectors for transmission.  the science will not help you and will only foster additional concerns.   

Please take the time to read the tranmission and testing lessons.   Just click on this button.

Please be sure to read the

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:15:31 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 02:54:28 am »
Can be this very specific condition made somewhere outside body: for example mutual masturbation in water environment where water has temperature 37 C (same as body temperature)???

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 03:08:01 am »
like a hot tub at body temp or a bath?   NO.

Please read the green link i provided 'welcome thread'.

You get hiv by having unprotected anal or vaginal sex.  those are your risk factors which is all we discuss here (unless you share needleworks for drug use, which could also be a factor, but you didn't mention that)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:11:50 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 05:55:18 am »
And why are “special conditions” in which transmitting happened so big secret? I only need few explanations to persuade my minds.
I am using condom because it cover surface that can accept virus, and for me it’s enough logical.
But that transmitting can’t happened outside body because special conditional are not satisfied is mystic for me. What are “special conditions”?

Even answer that conditions are unknown but we know that exists is honest and ok.

Are “special condition” generally known?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 09:40:47 am »
Luuk,

It's not just temperature that needs to be right for hiv, it is also pH levels and moisture levels.

Hiv is very fragile. It has "plugs" on the surface of its membrane that must remain undamaged in order to hook into specific receptors on specific cells before it can successfully transmit itself to a new host. These plugs and the membrane itself damage very easily. Also, on the specific cells that hiv needs to bump into in order to infect aren't found on the outside of the body. They are found in the lining of the anus and vagina and also the lining of the urethra. Hiv cannot seek these specific cells out, as it has no means of locomotion. That is why I say it must "bump into" the right type of cell. You might find this lesson helpful.

Please also make sure you read through the HIV Transmission Lesson

Hiv really is quite difficult to transmit. Using condoms is all the protection you need against infection.

By the way, you never mentioned anything specifically that you are worried about. If you tell us what leads you to think you have been at risk for hiv infection, we will be better placed to help you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 11:35:55 am »
Hello Ann,
I had mutual masturbation in shower cabin where she masturbate herself and then myself and afterward protected oral. You guess: symptoms (sore throat, without fever)  2 weeks after.
My worry is that some vaginal fluids comes on my penis either mechanically (by her hand) or by water. I see that virus can’t move but it is involved in vaginal secret (still live) that come in contact with penis. So then it (virus) can bump into specific cell. Maybe this water environment could be equivalent with transmitting environment (moisture level, temperature, ….).
What you think about this scenario? Do I need test? I know that risk is very small but I don’t know how to win my fear. Simple I can’t be relaxed.

Thank you for your answer.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 11:48:40 am »
The scenario that you've presented is NO RISK for HIV. None what so ever...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:31 pm »
Luuk,

I agree with Rod, you had no risk whatsoever. Successful hiv transmission occurs INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Sexually speaking, that's it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline madmaf

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 12:41:26 pm »
Hi,

I have no intention to "steal" this thread - I only have one question directly linked to the topic:

Is there any ways that this contaminating vaginal fluid found inside the vagina can "leak" outside, like pre-cum, for example? Or it is too "thick"?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 12:47:13 pm »
Mad,

It's too thick.

Please, do not reply to this. If you want to discuss this further, use your own thread or I shall have to remove these exchanges from this thread and lock them. A hijack is a hijack is a hijack.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
Ureaplasma, hiv
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 10:44:21 am »
Hello.
I am male for Europe. I was in some “Private club” where I was involved in showering, using theirs towels, massage, including hands job (unprotect) with some oil and afterward blow job  (protected).
Few days after this episode I felt pains while urinate and I went to doctor.
They found that I got bacteria ureaplasma. But I found that is in principle STD and that it’s transmitted on same way as HIV.
I was tested negative on HIV one month ago. I have never been tested on ureaplasma before.  True is that I can’t be sure 100% that I got ureaplasma from this session.
But if I get it from this session (unusual way of transmitting) I fear that I can also get HIV (also unusual way of transmitting) .
Please comment this because it starts to drive me crazy…

Offline RapidRod

Re: Ureaplasma, hiv
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 11:21:41 am »
What you brought here is not an HIV situation.

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »
Do you hear for some case that somebody was convinced that he/she is negative because there were no risk behaviors (protected oral, vaginal, anal) but to be positive at the end?
Similar was with me. I was convinced that I don’t have any STD (no risk behaviors) but they found me ureaplasma (STD).

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 01:03:44 pm »
Not someone that used protection correctly and continously.

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 09:14:23 am »
I read in last days a lot of ureaplasma and now I am convinced that I get it from this mentioned episode (on the base of symptoms and when they appear).
I analyzed this episode more time and I found possible moment when I can get this bacteria:
1)  While using towel (maybe somebody few minutes before use same towel)
2)  Due to hand job
                     a) Maybe she had some bacteria on hand from previous episode
                     b) Maybe she was touching vagina before hand job (I didn’t notice it)
3) In process of putting on condom: She put condom in the mouth and then rolls them down. So maybe I get in contact with her salvia.

So what to think now?

1)   Everything was safe (from your definition) and I don’t have HIV or
2)   If I get ureaplasma (STD) then I am also candidate for getting HIV (if bacteria found way to urethra then HIV virus can do the same).

Thank you for your reply…..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 02:45:53 pm »
This is not an HIV situation, never has been or will be.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 03:20:33 pm »
Luuk,

Bacterial infections are common. Unlike hiv, bacteria can survive and multiply on environmental surfaces. Hiv is a fragile virus and it cannot live, multiply or infect outside the human body.

While you could have gotten the bacterial infection from any of the things you mention, you cannot get hiv in any of these ways. No way. All of the other sexually transmitted infections are much, much more easy to become infected with than hiv.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection in anything you have written about. Please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the Transmission Lesson link so you can know what is and what isn't a risk for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
unprotected oral sex with cut
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:36 am »
I (male) had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with girl that doesn’t’ belong to risky groups but  with unknown HIV status.
Oral sex was  insertive and  receptive (she on me ; me on her).
During this process I bit my tongue and I made some small cut on it  (but probably bleeding on beginning).
As you are guessing I got symptoms in following 3 days  after this episode(fever 38,5 c).
Am  I in any risk for catching hiv from this episode?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: unprotected oral sex with cut
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 02:40:29 am »
Please keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 07:09:57 am »
Luuk,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Neither going down on a woman nor getting a blowjob are risks for hiv infection. Not even with your cut tongue.

And you need to know that people are not high or low risk, activities are high or low risk. Oral sex is not a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »
Hi,
I like your site because you are strict and you recommended rules are simple but I am afraid  of exception .
I had again similar accident as in 2010.
I (male) had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with girl.
Oral sex was  insertive and  receptive (she on me ; me on her).
During this process I bit my lip (in 2010 it was tongue). Later I found there is cut that probably bleeding on beginning.
And again symptoms (as in 2010). But now after 10 days, sore throat (2 days) a higher temperature 37,2 C (one night, several hour).

Andy used to say that bleeding cuts/fresh cuts are able to put me in pisk.
Am I in risky over this incident?

I know that you said that symptoms are meaningless but to be hones they always make me crazy.
I am not sick often, but always , always when some "accident" happened and when I "expect" symptoms they really appear.
For me it's as a devil game.
Please consider my risk and symptoms.
Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:19 pm »
Again you are going to receive the same answers as before, you never had an exposure from oral sex.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 03:17:18 am »
Luuk,

You didn't have a risk in 2010 and you haven't had one in 2012.

Protected intercourse isn't a risk.

Getting a blowjob isn't a risk.

Giving a woman oral is not a risk, regardless of cuts or whatever.

You didn't have a risk!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER PROTECTED INTERCOURSE OR ORAL, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:20:46 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 04:53:34 am »
Thank you for your replies.
I only want to add that I really respect you, because your rules are really simple and no so contradicter as on other Internet sites/portals. To be honest I am trying to manage my sexual life on the base of your rules and I deeply believe that you are aware of responsibility those yours replies have.
So your site is for me as type of religion and I am following your rules.
And  I am planning my annual check-up, as you are suggesting,  including HIV, next week,  and I only remember this incident before few months and facts that I gave a woman oral with fresh (small and no deep) cut but fresh and probably bleeding  on beginning,  plus symptoms, make me I little nervous before testing.

Luuk

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 02:29:32 am »
Hi,
I have one question related with testing.
What are you thinking about INSTI tests. They can be done at home , with results in 60 seconds.
How much are they reaible? Is there possibility of false positive or rather of false negative.
Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 05:16:26 am »
Luuk,

There are no in-home tests approved for use anywhere in the EU. In-home tests that are available over the internet in the EU are prone to false positive results. Don't waste your money. Go to a proper sexual health clinic and get a complete sexual health check up. You should be doing this at least once a year anyway, so just man up and do it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:35 am »
Hi,
I have one more question that is more psychological and maybe you can help me.
I have already several times "no risk" incidents but ALWAYS I got some type of symptoms.
Do you have any idea how can I persuade myself that symptoms are meaningless and not to think about them when they appear after "no risk" incident?

Thank you
Luuk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:53 am »
Luuk,

We cannot address psychosomatic issues on this forum. You need to see a qualified mental health care professional for that. I suggest you find one who specialises in CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy).

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
handjob vaginal fluids
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:01 am »
Hello,
Last results one month ago came back negative.
But I have again problem.
I didn’t say that I am married and we have breastfeeding daughter and it’s the main source of my concerns.
Again I wanted to satisfy my sexual appetite  but I have also decided to  take part in something that is absolutely NO RISK because my “family” reason.
And it was massage with coconuts oil including hand job on me.  But lady in one moment took my hand in order to masturbate her.  My hand and her hand (altogether) were masturbating her for few seconds. No fingering, only surface masturbation (few seconds).  But after that she was continuing with hand job. I believe that she had some vaginal fluids on her hand.
I believed that it was safe but same as many people here I was confused when different answers are found on internet: little risk, low risky, remote risk, negligible risk ... But almost everybody agree that NO documented case of HIV for mutual masturbation.
I found out that I am really asshole because in order to sexually satisfy myself I risk health of my family members. I realy realy decided not to do it more. It’s not fair. I really really decided to be more devoted to my family.
Guys I want something from your that is impossible.
I know that nothing is not 100% but can you persuade me that I am not in risk after this single accident 100%?
Can I back to my family life, without new test?  Is coconuts oil increase or decrease risk?

Luuk

Offline Luuk

• Standard
handjob with vaginal fluid
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 12:46:40 pm »
Please, please, please can I get some answer/assurance/support for me?
Luuk

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »
You've been coming here long enough to know that your latest story was of course another non-risk situation. No risk, no risk, no risk whatsoever for HIV transmission. Got it?

I'm going to say this one final time: the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it. As long as condoms are used properly for those activities you will be well protected.

Now cut out all this unnecessary drama and get on with your life. We're not going to indulge you in this kind of stuff. You need to apply what we've told you to your ongoing sexual life without expecting us to hold your hand everytime you have sex and get anxious again about it afterwards.

Am I coming through clearly?
Andy Velez

Offline Luuk

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:23 am »
OK.  I will really try to accept no risk situation.
When I am here,  I have one comment and one question.
I think that during foreplay almost people always come in contact with partner’ s fluids, and also during putting on or taking off condoms there are always contact with partner’s fluids.
So I want to say that almost always protected sex also include some exchange of body fluids.
And after 30 years and billion of billions sex acts there is no found out that exchange of body fluids OUTSIDE the body leads to HIV transmission.
Do you agree?
And question is why HIV experts/doctors mainly try to explain possible HIV transmission through urethra when transmission can happened though foreskin too.
Usually it was said that mutual masturbation is not effective way for infection because it’s not possible putting vaginal fluids in urethra. But why potential transmission through foreskin is usually ignored.
Thank you.

Offline Luuk

• Standard
Re: hand job with vaginal fluid
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 03:23:29 pm »
Hi,
I am trying to forget my last episode (hand job with some vaginal fluid) but believe me it’s not so easy. 
I realy realy  struggle last days against fears, anxiety, filling guilty.
I don’t want to bother you, I know that you repeated many time same words,  but really your words have “golden value” for my mind.
There are my last questions regarding this episode and will not have any more.
1)   Do I need HIV test for this single episode?
2)   Can I resume my regular sexual life with my wife?
Thank  you very very much
Luuk

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »
No, you do not need an HIV test.

Yes, you can resume your sex life with your life.

And now I will give you a warning that if you come back here again about this non-risk or anything else that you know is non-risk despite your fears, you will find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

Like many partners, boyfriends and husbands, if you are going to have sex outside of your marriage you may find yourself experiencing anxiety and guilt. Since this is repetitious behavior on your part, you might find talking with a professional to be helpful in finding out why you continue to do something that makes you unhappy. As Ann has told you before, we can't help you with that here. But I can tell you that we're not going to indulge you in more rounds of this what if and fears . You will soon find yourself getting a Time Out from the site. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 12:55:06 am »
HIV transmission science has not moved significantly since you joined our forums in 2006.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Luuk

• Standard
HIV from HIV negative person
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 08:31:34 am »
Hi,
I have one interesting question:
Can somebody be infected with HIV from HIV negative person?  I know that it’s possible during “window period” . But I am asking for scenario when person ( A)  is infected with HIV  and then next day after infection transfer HIV on another person (B), but  immune system of person (A) “win” HIV in first few days of infected but immune system of person (B) do not “win” HIV.
So as a conclusive HIV status Person A is HIV negative, Person B is HIV positive,  but person B get it from Person A.
Thank you very much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:28 am »
Luuk,

Your question makes absolutely no sense. If person A is conclusively hiv negative (meaning they have tested negative out to three months) they cannot possibly transmit hiv to person B.

Getting handjobs and blowjobs are NOT risks for hiv infection, regardless of what the other person's hiv status may be.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Luuk

• Standard
HIV from HIV negative person
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:44 am »
Thank you,
To be honest I don’t know how PEP works but I imagine that it increase strength of immune system in order to “win” HIV in first few days of after exposure. In this case somebody can have so strength immune system to “win” HIV in first days after exposure without PEP but also be available to transfer it to somebody else in this period.
So, once again to confirm: If I am conclusive HIV negative I cannot be source of infection to somebody, 3 or more month ago in any case?
Thank you.

Luuk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:23 am »
Luuk,

"'Win' hiv"? What on earth do you mean by that?

PEP works by stopping hiv from entering cells and replicating. If it can't replicate, it will die off. If PEP is initiated before hiv gets into the various reservoirs in the body where it can hide from the meds, it can be eradicated from the body thereby preventing infection.

So, once again to confirm: If I am conclusive HIV negative I cannot be source of infection to somebody, 3 or more month ago in any case?

Of course you cannot be the source of infection in someone else when you do not have that infection yourself.

Once again, you do NOT have hiv and you never had a risk in the first place.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.