Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:04:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Path of My Life is Strewn With Cow Shit From the Devil's Own Satanic Herd*  (Read 9999 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
So I had to visit Frau Eva today. Ejaculata Lovetinkle (AIDS nurse supreme) took my bloods a fortnight ago and I had to go into the clinic to get the results.

Normally my results are given over the phone, but this time that stubborn bitch Lovetinkle wouldn't give 'em out. It was face to face with the Fearsome Frau or nothing. So something was up.

And, frankly, this week having proven to be the Cunt of All Weeks thus far why shouldn't something be up?

My last results were from February. VL was detectable but 40 and my CD4 was 264 (14%). Not bad. I wanted to dump my regimen (Kivexa, Reyetaz & Norvir) but some visiting Indian wench put the kybosh on that back in April.

So colour me unsurprised that my results from two weeks ago are not so hot:

VL: 96,000 (Log 5)
CD4: 247 (12%)

Resistance testing (on the sample taken previously) has been ordered but I've known since 2005 that I have high level resistance to all the nukes. We think I'm still susceptible to the non-nukes and the PIs, but perhaps I'll turn out to be Fucked by the Fickle Finger of Fate there as well.

In any event the Frau is planning to switch my combo to Raltegravir/Ritonavir/Duranavir, resistance tests permitting. She suggested that I don't stop my current meds until the change over. I suggested she stick that idea as far up her ass as decency (and convenience) would permit.

Also I had a gruesome dental experience on Monday involving an Arab, ineffective anaesthesia and a recalcitrant molar, but that doesn't bear further explanation.

:(

MtD

*Apologies to Mr Ben Elton

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Oh dear, Matty.  I sure hope the resistance testing permits the combo the Frau wants to put you on.  Please take care of yourself, even for my sake?  I love you and want you around beyond my years. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline komnaes

Isn't it just some of one those collective bad karma months?!  :(

Hope all will turn out well dear Matty.

PS - I know you're probably not in the mood of being corrected, but being a big fan of Lord Blackadder in particularly it should be "cowpats", not "cow shit".  ;)
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline john33

Matty,

I'm hoping the resistance tests will work out for you, and the new planned regime will do the trick.

John

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Let us be clear.

Not you.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
nasty week indeed  :(
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dachshund

I hate it when shit comes in threes.

Offline emeraldize

Matty,

I wish you the same regimen luck you recently wished me with the addition of a roof-like structure over your path that might shield from more incoming salvos.

Em

Offline skeebo1969

Well, that just sucks kid.  I hope the suggested combo does the job Matty.   

Let us be clear.

Not you.

Yep, it's not allowed.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Well fuck.

Offline veritas

MTD,

Ral , Prezista/Norvir is a good salvage therapy. Resistence to Ral, hopefully will not be a problem for you since the drug is relatively new ( resistance would only happen if you happened to be re-infected with a strain resistent to that drug). This combination is powerful. Even with many mutations in the pi class, prezista can still work wonders. Both of these drugs will squash your vl. Ral can show a decent increase in cd4s. Of course, diligent adherence is absolutely necessary, since ral has a low barrier to failure(one mutation).
Sides are minimal.

Don't worry, you'll be around for awhile.

Are you totally resistent to truvada?

v

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Are you totally resistent to truvada?

v

Mikey has some experience with this but apparently truvada resistance "Fades" with time.  I have no idea what the mechanism is for this, or why it happens but he isn't the only one who I've heard say this.

Offline Matty the Damned

Y'all,

This is not a disaster. If my OP gave that impression, then I apologise. It was a venting of spleen. As a gent of ample carriage I have much spleen to vent. ;)

Over the years I have played fast and loose with my HIV. There have been times when I have not been diligent in my adherence to treatment, though I have been good for the last 18 months or so.

But if you gamble with this virus, you must expect to reap the bitter dividend. You newly diagnosed and fucking know-it-all types should pay close attention to my example. You are not 12 feet tall and bullet proof.

To paraphrase Phillip J. Fry, I don't regret my decisions but I both rue and lament them. :)

I'm resistant to the Nukes. What of it? Philly is resistant to just about everything and still he doesn't die. I am confident that I will have ample options in the non-nuke and PI classes, not to mention the integrase inhibitor and entry inibitor classes too.

Treatment wise I am blessed with an embarrassment of riches.

So enough of this hand wringing! Tomorrow Australia will most likely have a new Prime Minister. A woman of the Left, no less.

Next week I will have a shiny new regimen and that is more than can be said for most Fivers around the world.

Life is good. :)

MtD

Offline veritas

MTD,

OP clarified!   I only asked about truvada, because in some instances you might want to maintain the M184V mutation(which you probably have) to keep your virus weak.

Spleen vented!

v

Offline komnaes

MtD

That's the Matty I love and respect... :-*
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Good. After our super-short chat this morning (am for me in TX) I  knew you'd be fine and that you'll be making this world more of a hellish place for a long time to come.  As long as I have you and the other member of the unholy trinity around to keep me bitchy and inspired all will be good.  Cheeahz :)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser

I'm resistant to the Nukes. What of it? Philly is resistant to just about everything and still he doesn't die. I am confident that I will have ample options in the non-nuke and PI classes, not to mention the integrase inhibitor and entry inibitor classes too.

Don't bring me into your miserable little world.  It's well known that my body is made of magic pixie dust.  I'm living proof that incantation from Ecuadorian highland shamans work.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline darkerpozz

• I'll be with you in a sec...
I always love when your writing is full of cynicism but I do wish you well but  don't ever lose your '
"sense of humor" 

Offline Boze

Stick around, need you to provide a healthy dose of uncommon sense here :)
==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Hope all is well and wish you the same .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Don't bring me into your miserable little world.  It's well known that my body is made of magic pixie dust.  I'm living proof that incantation from Ecuadorian highland shamans work.

I emailed two shamans in Switzerland to get a "soul retrieval" and neither responded yet. Maybe they got a "hopeless case" vibe!  Hope not.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline allanq

Darunavir/Ritonavir/Raltegravir is basically a two-drug regimen, since the Ritonavir is used only to boost the Darunavir.

You may be inviting further resistance with a two-drug regimen. I don’t know what your resistance profile is, but is there a third drug you can add to this mix? Sustiva or Nevirapine (Viramune)? If you can stand injecting yourself twice a day with Fuzeon, that may be another possibility.

I have resistance to all nukes and some of the PI’s but my VL has been undetectable on Darunavir/Ritonavir/Raltegravir/Sustiva for the last four years. (After over three years with Fuzeon, I swapped it for raltegravir when it became available.)

Good luck.

Allan

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003

MtD

It better be, because if you fuck up then you will pay, I may only be half your size but my Scottish temper will beat your ample carraige anyday...and that goes for the rest of you, you know who you are.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Matty

I'm going to offer a different thought.

A VL going from 40 to nearly 100,000 in just three months?

There's something wrong here.  seriously wrong.

Emerging resistance, viral break through, doesn't materialize in such a dramatic escalation.  It just doesn't.

Is it possible that a repeat test could be done to confirm the last results?

RAB

Offline Lis

What Rocky said.....

Look you sex crazed Aussie... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!!

I love you and you know it..

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline northernguy

Hope all goes well with the new cocktail (that sounds so much more glamorous and fun than "combo", dont'cha think?).
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Jeffreyj

As soon as I read the headline of this post, I knew who wrote it. Matrica, you have a way with words. Your posts are "Must Read" to this Daddy. Thank you for being you!
Daddy J
Positive since 1985

Offline Matty the Damned

Darunavir/Ritonavir/Raltegravir is basically a two-drug regimen, since the Ritonavir is used only to boost the Darunavir.

You may be inviting further resistance with a two-drug regimen. I don’t know what your resistance profile is, but is there a third drug you can add to this mix? Sustiva or Nevirapine (Viramune)? If you can stand injecting yourself twice a day with Fuzeon, that may be another possibility.

I have resistance to all nukes and some of the PI’s but my VL has been undetectable on Darunavir/Ritonavir/Raltegravir/Sustiva for the last four years. (After over three years with Fuzeon, I swapped it for raltegravir when it became available.)

Good luck.

Allan

Cheers Allan. Good advice this. I will raise it with der Frau.

Matty

I'm going to offer a different thought.

A VL going from 40 to nearly 100,000 in just three months?

There's something wrong here.  seriously wrong.

Emerging resistance, viral break through, doesn't materialize in such a dramatic escalation.  It just doesn't.

Is it possible that a repeat test could be done to confirm the last results?

RAB

RAB, this thought (or at least a similar one) has occurred to Matty as well. Hearing someone else say it out loud is good. I shall request a new VL test before commencing the new cocktail.

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
I shall request a new VL test before commencing the new cocktail.
IF you vl is really that high, is a genotype worth having done? you certainly would have enough virus to be able to have the test done. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Matty the Damned

IF you vl is really that high, is a genotype worth having done? you certainly would have enough virus to be able to have the test done. ;)

What do you mean "really that high"?

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
What do you mean "really that high"?
if it is "really that high" instead of "if it wasn't a lab error"

RAB, this thought (or at least a similar one) has occurred to Matty as well. Hearing someone else say it out loud is good. I shall request a new VL test before commencing the new cocktail.
which is why i assumed you thought to consider RAB's comments and ask for a new VL test

then if it really is that high, you have enough virus to have a genotype done
if it was a lab error, then all your worries were for naught, right? ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline fearless

Sorry to hear that, Matty. At least things are on the up. Julia has bounced in the polls.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.