Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:54:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: If you only had 2 more months 2 live?  (Read 18658 times)

Offline ryeguy

If you only had 2 more months 2 live?
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:16:21 pm »
I considered first in which forum I should post this and came to the conclusion that this question is a valid question for the living with forum.

The question is simple: What would you do if you found out you only had 2 months 2 live?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:25:20 pm by ryeguy »

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: 2 months 2 live
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:26:20 pm »
Well you certainly got my attention! I may be wrong or being a bit overly cautious but you may want to rethink the thread title, with this being a living with hiv/aids forum. Just an idea...

It's just that I read the title, thought 'What? Oh no!', then opened the thread with dread in my stomach and then read it and thought 'Phew!' but 'Hmmm, that was very worrying for a split second...unnecessarily!'

And it totally threw me for an answer to your question... ???

Melia
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:36:55 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:44:44 pm »
No, I do not wish to re-think, with all due respect. ' Living with hiv'  after much consideration is the right place for this thread. This message could be given to any one of us. Having hiv and being on Ha art are 2 things which could lead to cancer or a number of things which can take ones health even faster than aids itself.

I understand this is a hard theme. I found answering this for me was quit empowering.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 03:51:40 pm »
It's not the theme that was/is jarring.

It's the title of this thread.

Given the precarious health of many of our members, and with vivid memories of those who have left aidsmeds.com for the grave, I found it pretty insensitive. Melia was really trying to be helpful with her suggestion.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 03:56:30 pm »
OK,

As I do not wish to be insensitive I will try to remove this.

My motivation is to really find out what different people would do in this situation.

I have my reasons. but do apologise if I have been insensitive.

Offline Tar Heel

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 03:57:17 pm »
I think it's a valid question; if for no other reason than to make us think.

I'd spend it with family and loved ones and make sure I was content with my spiritual being.
"So much has been given to me that I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied." ~ Helen Keller

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 04:11:32 pm »
I would do the same as Tar. But ...What would happen if you had a car accident tomorrow and never had the chance of thinking what would you like to do before you die?
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 04:14:42 pm »
Maybe I will leave this thread for awhile, I think it's good to think. If I insult anyone with this please send me a private message and if needed I will delete.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 04:24:43 pm »
I dont think this thread is insulting. I just think the title is a bit scary. It made me think you had been told that by your Dr.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 04:31:18 pm »
I was told I had only a short time left to live - six months - by the doctor who told me of my diagnosis. Given that it was 1987, I supposed he was just trying to be realistic.

What I did was put all my affairs in order, and had long conversations with those I loved.

Then I lived my life with a new perspective. Thank God I was already in recovery from alcohol addiction at the time. It really helped immensely having the groups to talk to, and the tools to make the best of a bad situation.

Of course, here I still am 18+ years later and defying that six-month prognosis each day (for now).

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 04:37:54 pm »
blondbeauty,

no, my doc did not give me such a hard diagnosis, I have had to have some tests done the past week which have really got me thinking. I think many of us after getting the initial positive test result reconsider our lives and what is important to us. As I await my test results I have re-evaluated a few thing in my life. I just thought this may be therapeutic for some of us.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 04:57:49 pm »
Hi Ryeguy
I was going to PM you with this cos I didn’t want to hijack your thread with explanations but then I thought it would make more sense and tie in with the rest of the thread if I just posted it here.

I wasn’t having a go at you, honestly! I’ve seen some of your replies in other threads and thought you seem like a good guy and I still think that. That’s one of the reasons I felt upset when I saw the title of your thread initially (before I opened it). I'm relieved and glad for you to read in your last post that you had no such prognosis from your doc.

I was actually in the middle of PM-ing you to explain and PM-ing Jonathan to say “Help me explain please!” when I saw Jonathan’s post.

Like he said, it’s not that it’s a hard theme or that the question itself is insulting. The thread is fine. I agree 100% that this message could be given to any one of us. And I also agree that it belongs in Living With.

What I meant was, as J picked up on (as I thought many would) the title is initially misleading. When I first read it, like Blondbeauty said, I thought you meant that you actually had 2 months to live. That’s why I opened the thread up with dread, expecting to read the worst about a fellow AM member, I actually felt sick for a split second! And that’s what threw me! And for the members on here who have had friends/family members who have indeed had 2 months to live, the thread title would have jolted some stomachs and nerves – understandably so, but also unnecessarily this time! That’s what Jonathan found (and probably others will find) insensitive.

The question is indeed one that gives poise for thought for all of us.

But I think the reason your thread has had a lot of viewings but not many responses yet could possibly be because people have felt misled/upset by the misleading title. Possibly.

I’m sure everyone would agree that you don’t need to delete the thread. It’s a valid and interesting question that I think many people would benefit greatly from asking themselves. But I just think you will find out what many more people actually think in answer to your question if you change the thread title.

In all honesty, I personally don’t have an answer to your question yet. I’m crap with hypothetical situations at the best of times! I honestly don’t know with this one but if I think of something ‘for real’ I will post it for sure.

Best wishes!

Melia :)   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:03:56 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08:46 pm »
I would go on about my business, living each day and loving my family and friends.

I once got that dreaded 'maybe 6 months to live' pronouncement, and I planned to die....did all the 'right' things.....and I'm still here.   I wasted a lot of time, living in fear, when I should have been just LIVING.

Lesson learned.   I'll never do that again.

Alan (who's glad to learn that this is just a 'what if' scenario for you!)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ryeguy

Re: If you only had 2 months 2 live?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:19:08 pm »
Thankyou for all your very honest responses. I would be happy to change the title if that's possible. As I started this thread I should have given the title more consideration.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:20:41 pm by ryeguy »

Offline Cliff

Re: If you only had 2 more months 2 live?
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 06:17:56 pm »
I didn't find it that insensitive, no more than it being insensitive for people to complain about their meds or adherance in the forums, when there are forum members (and others) who don't have access to HIV meds.  I suppose you could find fault with anything we discuss here.

Anyways.  If I had only two months to live, I would move back to Texas and spend my remaining days with family and friends.  But mostly with Will, my mom, my dad and my sister.  We'd laugh at funny stories and I would tell them to make sure they have a big party after my funeral.  No crying.  Just lots of Anita Baker, (my all-time favorite), and tons of laughter at stupid things I've done in my life.  Oh and tons of cookies, cakes and pies.

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 06:43:51 pm »
lol, i know the answer on this one, hehe,
ok, i'll behave,
i would cash in my investments, prepare my suitcase and do what i always wanted to do, enjoy my life without working and just spend and more spend.
guess that this would into the head of most people in here
To live would be a awefully big adventure

Offline Steven

• A Place To Start
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 06:49:28 pm »
I did not find it insensitive either.  Just a bit bold, but I remember when I received word that I had aids I felt like my world had ended and put my life in order as if the time had come. 
That was almost 4 years ago and I have never regretted making the changes in my life.
If I knew I had only two more months I think I would continue to help others as I do now.
 I live for today since we are not guaranteed tomorrow.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 07:05:45 pm »
so many choices and so little time. A case of vodka and several cartons of marlboro reds for starters. Maybe a pound of weed.  I would then lease a top of the line lexus or mercedes and hire a driver/bodyguard and tour the US. Might take the wife with me if should would let me eat sweets and stay out late. I would play 36 holes of golf a day and get wasted each night.
Then the day before I am scheduled to die, I would attend confession and spend the day with relatives.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 07:23:15 pm »
so many choices and so little time. A case of vodka and several cartons of marlboro reds for starters. Maybe a pound of weed.  I would then lease a top of the line lexus or mercedes and hire a driver/bodyguard and tour the US. Might take the wife with me if should would let me eat sweets and stay out late. I would play 36 holes of golf a day and get wasted each night.
Then the day before I am scheduled to die, I would attend confession and spend the day with relatives.

Oh Jake, how I have missed you...that was LOL!

Offline Tar Heel

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 07:34:38 pm »
But ...What would happen if you had a car accident tomorrow and never had the chance of thinking what would you like to do before you die?
Good question.  My Dad is almost 83 and is my best friend.  He knows I'm gay and that I have HIV and his primary concern is making sure there is nothing I "need." 

I just called him and told him he was my hero.  :)
"So much has been given to me that I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied." ~ Helen Keller

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 08:22:49 pm »
Hello Rye,

I also did not find this subject matter as insensitive. It is subject matter that is for some, probably very difficult to talk about, as none of us want to think about the time if/when it is determined, that our existance/time here on this planet is coming to an end. Our time here on this planet is very limited, when you look at the entire picture. All of us are here only  an eyeblink in time. Everyday should be precious to all of us.

When I was sick (very sick) back in October of 2003, the doctor had never said to me that my time here was limited. I most certainly felt that way back then,and I fought it tooth and nail. I decided my time for leaving had not arrived yet,(or as I like to say, I am not about to point my toes up), so, I fought it. And I still continue to fight it.

But I am getting off subject matter. If I was told I only had a brief time left, I would make sure that those around me, know how much I love them, care for them, respect them, and how much I appreciate them staying by my side all these years. I try to let those around me, know that everyday !  I would make sure I got this out to everyone while I am capable of doing so, I have  been with those that can never expressed themselves or their thoughts, even in their final stages. But somehow, a peace comes over them at the end. I would hope, that their lives would move on, when mine came to an end. I would let them know that they should celebrate my life, and not mourn. I would make sure that all paper work was in order,(which it is) and that everyone understood my wishes,(which they do) with no exceptions. I would not think of leaving un-paid bills behind. Crazy thoughts huh ?? I even have my obituary written.

On another serious note, I have seen plenty of death in my lifetime. Probably much more then a lot of other people here. When I was in the fire department years ago, I had seen violent death due to auto accidents, fire,and drownings. I had seen unexpected death,(heart attacks) and I had seen plenty of expected death from disease, through the years.

On the up side....Live life an enjoy it while we all can

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline ademas

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 08:39:58 pm »
I would max out my credit cards.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 09:14:35 pm »
I was told with my T-Cell count and Viral load to expect to live about 5 more years.  That was 10 years ago.  5 Years ago, I was told I could expect to live to old age, unless I get hit by a bus.  I am very careful around public transportation so, I would say all bets are off.

Back to your original question, if I was given 2 months?  I have already spent my money, cashed out my life insurance policy and have absolutely no resources.  I would continue with my health care because it is paid for by Medicare and Medi-Cal and continue to line up for free food at the AIDS Food Bank and all other available hand-outs available to me.

In my free time, I would continue to advocate change in funding levels and re authorization of the RWCA with emphasis on CAEAR Coalition advised increases, just as I do today.  I would also change the front page of my web site www.Commission-on-AIDS.org.  But, I haven't been given two months so once again all bets are off.  Have the best day
Michael

Before I forget... I would get a second opinion  :o
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:26:33 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 09:38:29 pm »
I was online you first posted this thread. At first, I really did not know how to address it but I thought about it and I see our other members did as well. So to answer your question...

I would live life just as I am living it but to the fullest extent...

I would spend it with my family and my close friends...

I would travel around the Globe...

I would keep myself as busy as possible...

I would go around speaking on Prevention and Awareness...

I wouldn't be sitting there worrying about it. AT ALL.

The list goes on and on....

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 09:50:02 pm »
This question brings back allot of memories for me. In 1984, my Dr asked me if I believed in GOD...."You're going to die.There is no cure."
My reaction was one of defiance...I didn't feel like I was gonna die...What an idiot to say say that, I thought. If anything those comments made my life more meaningful. I suddenly was grateful for my life and everything in it. Especially my family, and my soon to be bride. I do believe that having HIV/aids was the underlying factor to having the best 15 year marriage on this planet earth. We never argued or birched about the small stuff, and we privately rolled our eyes when others did.
So I guess my first reaction would be to tell that DR that just gave me the 2 month news to F&*^ off...Then I'd continue to live each and every day as best I could. Not too much would change for me.
"Expect to live forever" has been my motto ever since that day I was told I'm gonna die by that idiot DR in '84.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Positive since 1985

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:45 pm »
I would book an apartment on The World and spend my final days seeing the world.

http://www.residensea.com/

Offline ImagineFL

• Pornstar Stunt Double
    • My Photo Gallery
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »
I didn't read all of the replies to the initial question, its late and I need to get up at 4AM for work.  But I thought I would throw my two nuts into the pot.

First off, I was thinking about this earlier tonight and was going to post a message to this effect, but I will say it here.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!   When I first was diagnosed, I was a mental wreck... hopefully you all don't remember some of my first post when I was a mess.  Reading everything from my fellow FAMILY here, talking with the friends that I have made here... I have excepted this and have learned that its not quite the death sentence that I once believed.  You are all dear to me, no matter if you may be offensive at times to some.   :)

I didn't find the original question in this post offensive at all, but a valid question that we all should ponder.  Lord know that I do it everyday.  I've lived a fun and crazy life, and I thank God for the 38 wonderful, fun years that I have been blessed with.  I thank him for all the people who have touched my life and vice versa.

Know... if I had two months left...  I would first patch up every relationship of mine that was broken.  Ex's... everyone.  Even if I was the cheater or if they were.   They all still played a part of who I am today and I do love them all still, in some way or another.

My mother... she is my best friend and most supporting person in my life.  I would buy her a case of Chardonnay and some good Swiss chocolates and tell her thank you and how much I love her.   :-*

I'd give my ex-husband, who gave me this a big hug and kiss and tell him that he always had a place in my heart that I do not hold him in anyway responsible for this disease.

Last... I would fly back home to Michigan, invite my friend from California and Florida with me and have one hell of a party, assuming I could stay awake or whatever.

hehe... guess you really didn't need THAT much details!!  Lets just say I would make peace with everyone and try to enjoy what time I had left.

Peace and Love,
Patsy

Offline Morton Salt

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 10:47:40 pm »
I dont find this thread insensitive either.

Everything in your life that you love, will either Die, Change, or Go away.  Thats a fact Jack!   Words or just words and words have never frightened me.

If i had 2 months, i would spend it with family. Id kick it by the beach and have lobster almost every night. Id make sure my family knows that i am ok with departing life and that my life has been full.  I am not gonna go away crying about what i never got to do, rather i will be greatful for the things that i have had the opportunities of doing.   Yeah, just like that.  My pride and dignity in tact........

-paper

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 11:11:48 pm »

I would jump the fountains at Cesar's Palace on a motorcycle..... or I would go to Disney World
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Superman

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 11:37:28 pm »
For me it depends on the quality of life for those two months.   And, I've always wondered if I'd like to go drugged up to the hilt (feel good drugs like barbs) or play the whole thing straight.  I mean, if you know that you only have two months to live (with no hope) and you do a hit of crack can you forget about the whole death thing for a minute or two and be euphoric?  Don't know.

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 01:03:27 am »

I often think we should live every day like we have 2 months to live.  But I imagine if I had 2 months left I probably wouldn't be going to work anymore.  I'd probably be flying to Tokyo because I'd just rather be there than here (I could get a one-way on my credit card :))...I can't really explain to you why.  And I wonder what it says about me that I wouldn't be flying home to my parents to spend time with them.  I love them and they're great, but I really don't want them to see me die...and thankfully they probably won't.

brian

Offline J220

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 01:40:16 am »
If it was a sure thing that I had two months, I would put all my affairs in order, say goodbye to all my loved ones, and then put a bullet in in my head. Why wait? I would just be depressed until the clock ticks out. Heck, I was close to doing this a few months ago when I was diagnosed, and even still think about it on occasion, so with only two months to go, forget about it...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:42:20 am by J220 »
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline bluelove

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 02:08:46 am »
Good question and some great answers l see.

Well l would leave the force that is for sure.

Go to Italy and China to hell with travel laws.

Make sure all those that l love and care for knew it.

Eat some great food and drink some great wine.

And most of all let one person who changed my life after l found out i was poz know how much he meant to me.

And one other thing if l had the money...Have a huge party and bring all of you to it.

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 10:55:28 am »
Suicide would not be an option for me.... well mainly because I'm to chicken-shit, but I guess that's a good thing. Blueangel I think the idea of having a party a great idea.

I think I would keep a small diary, where each day I would write a couple sentences intended for my loved ones. After 2 months it would not be a literary work, but it may just help those whom I love and leave a small peace of me for them.

Of course I would have to visit the U.S. one final time and say my good-byes to the few contacts which I still have there, visit the grave of my mother and father with fresh flowers.

Then I would return to Germany visit a few friends in Nürnberg which I have had for years, then return to Berlin and spend the remaining time with my partner and his parents and sister which have in so many ways become like parents to me too.

Not to forget I would have to buy the last season on Queer Ass Folk and do a DVD Marathon to find out what happens there.

One of my last days I would order a shit from weallhaveaids.com which say 'I HAVE AIDS' go on a city tour using the public transportation here in Berlin... U-Bahn, Bus, Tram y with my boyfriend. I love Berlin and I think a bit of aids visibility would be good for the world. Maybe some of the younger people would think twice about unprotected sex, the older people would be reminded aids is not at all dead, some of the business people would think twice about funding projects and tourists may be reminded aids is a global disaster not just a disaster in Africa.

Anyway those are a few thing which I would do. Thankyou all for your responses.

Lots of Love,

Grüsse Aus Berlin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:54:19 pm by JimDublin »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 12:21:55 pm »
Being that I have two little girls (4 and 2) I think first of all I would pull a "My LIfe" and video document as MUCH as I could tell my little angels in 2 months time.  I would record what I would say on their first date, prom, wedding, child birth..... everything I could think of!  I would of course spend as much time with family and loved ones as possible.  Select a couple of places to maybe see. 

I would try heroin once as I hear it is GREAT but highly addictive! 

And then plan my GONE AWAY party, maybe even have my own WAKE, with me there and everything!  I mean WHO gets to do that.  I don't do funerals, mine is going to be a PARTY!!!!

Im sure there would be some more destructive and crazy things I would do but thats a good start!

Oh and on my tombstone I would put.... "I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:25:06 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 04:45:33 pm »
I considered first in which forum I should post this and came to the conclusion that this question is a valid question for the living with forum.

The question is simple: What would you do if you found out you only had 2 months 2 live?

;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:27:16 am by Suntropic98 »

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 05:49:49 pm »
It is right that eveyone conteplate imminent death at least once in their life.  To my mind it is a liberation to truly face the possibility.  Perhaps HIV forces you to think this through.  However, I find the question bizarre.  Why 2 months? 

People who find the 2-month idea genuinely intriguing, go see Y tu mamá también

- matt

Now playing: Every Little Bit Hurts, Alicia Keys
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 05:56:01 pm »
I've not really thought about this really.  I'd want to spend as much time with my family as I could in that time also theres so many different countries i've always wanted to visit so i'd go travelling as well.  Not to mention embarking on a few lost weekends  ;)
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 11:27:21 pm »

[/quote]

The answer:  Exactly what I am doing right now.

And I was told that ten years ago.  I just stopped listening.

J.R.
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 11:45:20 pm »
Create & expedite the perfect bank heist!

This question is what we should NOT be thinking.  A uncertain, unwritten future is what we all have.  To place our existence into tomorrow is what I am fighting today NOT TO DO....  It fucks me up everytime I go there.. So I don't.

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 07:57:55 am »
Rob a bank........... he he cool, but then what would you do with all the money, do ya think you could spend it fast enough?  :-)

' go out and fuck anything and everything' wow I know some guys here in Berlin that are perfectly healthy and they do that now:-))  lol

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 09:30:53 am »
If you have only two months to live, it is now too late.

I say, live life, live it every day NOW.  My tag line that says that Death is not Tragic, but going through life without living is truly TRAGIC, came to mind while reading so many of your contributions.

I read all of your posts, and for the most part, many of you are not living, or else you would not have all these unfulfilled dreams that you all list.  I think many of you need to do some self examination, and if you are not living your lives, then you need to do some house cleaning starting today!  Hell, most of the things you guys mention, like charging up the credit cards, and robbing banks, (Eric you dog!) are going to leave the ones that you say you love, with so much headache, they will probably wish they had shot you ahead of time. 

Damn-it, get your lives in order, start some planning to live some of those dreams while you still have your health, and get on with the business of living a full and rewarding life.  Why the hell have some of you settled for second best, when in your heart you know you deserve only the best.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 10:22:08 am »
AMEN MOFFIE!  Write down 100 things you have to do and start doing them!  Ranging from simple to extravagant.  Like travel 250 miles from your front door using just your own power (bike, walk, run) or travel to Mount Everest to help those fuckers CLEAN THAT PLACE UP!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 10:47:17 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:23:56 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 02:21:20 pm »
Thanxx everyone for all your responses. This is my first thread with so much discussion. It was fun :) and enlightening :-*

Offline krakerjm

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 02:36:25 pm »
It's a fairly simple answer: after getting over the shock you would go on as normal, your every day life.  If you are wealthy, you've most likely traveled and accomplished many things in you r life; if poor you have no choice but to wait it out...No one really knoews until that time comes; I knew a man once that assumed he was going to die and ran up his credit cards doing foolish shit...he lived and is still paying them off.  Even the experts don't know how long you have, it's up to you and will power!
GWM, 63, PN w/footdrop
"I swear there ain't no heaven, pray ther ain't no hell"

Offline Brian360

• Just livin' it up until the sun goes down.
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2006, 08:26:12 am »
Although I'm in no condition to spend lots of money, I would take off from this hell-hole I currently live at in Washington St. and meander down the Northern California coast. Redwood trees, fog, roads perched on cliffs that have an ocean view, cute little places that sell fresh salmon jerky.  I've done two trips like that and I do believe I've never been so inspired.
July06: Tcells 0, VL >+750,000
Aug06: TCells 22, VL 214,000
Sep06: TCells 32, VL 34,500
Oct06: TCells 92, VL 9,560
Dec06: Tcells 27, VL 25,000
Jan07: Tcells 43, VL - un-detect
Jan10: TCells 111 - popped to 160 fall 09, VL  undectable since Oct. 07

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.