Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:14:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Johnny  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Johnny
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:53:53 am »
I wanted to introduce Johnny to everyone..  Johnny is our rescue dog who rounds out our little family.  William, Eric & Johnny.  He knows when something is wrong.  He knows when we are going to work.  He can go without messing up the house and is ever so polite.  He is finally coming out of his shell from who ever abused him the first 2 years of his life...  And gosh, I wont have to send Johnny to College either!   

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: Johnny
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 12:03:17 pm »
Hey Eric....

OMG!  He's so cute.  Thank God for people like you...Glad to hear Johnny's coming out of his shell.
No doubt all the love and affection he gets from you guys........has done the trick. :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline bluelove

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:06:54 pm »
What a face! He is a beauitful dog.

Thanks for sharing him.

Offline ademas

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:15 pm »
awwww....good boy!
both of you!
Bob's a rescue, too, as was my mini-doxie (she passed away last year). 
There's something extra-special about the rescue pups, and before you know it, you forget who rescued who(m).

Offline Nadine

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 05:35:07 pm »
Oh Eric....he is simply adorable!

Thanks for sharing him with us, and thanks for rescuing him...my Buddy is also a rescue.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 06:17:19 pm »
and before you know it, you forget who rescued who(m).

That was a great thing to say - and very true!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 02:14:23 am »
He knows when something is wrong.  He knows when we are going to work.  He can go without messing up the house and is ever so polite. 

:-*   :-*  brains and beauty!! i wanna hold him and squeeze him!!  ;D

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 08:21:11 am »
What a pooch! Just very briefly, if it's not a pain: I'd like to know where he sleeps; whether he cringes at sudden movements; if he barks happily when you and Wlll are being playful with each other and with him; if he takes you on a walk or if you take him on a walk; etc.  :) Jay (who's pretty susceptible, unfortunately, to animal photos).
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 08:36:35 am »
very cute, good cheekbones and blonde too, if he were Human he'd be a real hottie.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 09:16:03 am »
Johnny is a cutie for sure!

Hes lucky he has you for a daddy.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 09:55:34 am »
Great name too!  ;D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 12:15:53 pm »
Johnny was probably the best thing we ever did as a couple.  As I can see with all the pupplies, kitties, lizards, snakes, mice, that sharing our lives with these makes a big difference.   Its really amazing as I watch William treat Johnny not like a pet but a human being.  Constant contact,  love, scritches and long walks along the river banks..  Will comes up to me all the time and tells me "what Johnny did today".   How important it was that we adopted him 2 + years ago now...  I know he has taken alot of focus off of HIV and has grounded both of us...  Johnny continually gets better about not being afraid of other humans and actually is now approaching others.  I hope he can overcome his fears just as I am working to overcome mine with HIV...  I think he is making faster progress than me to be quite frank about it.  So,  I am learning just as much from this little guy "who's not very big"..

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 12:18:30 pm by Eric »

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 12:20:42 pm »
He;s beautiful!
Boys are Stupid

Offline Christine

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 01:45:51 pm »
He is adorable!

Christine along with Astro, Pluto, Sullivan and Jinxy Roo who thinks Johnny is very cute!!
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 02:02:55 pm »
Oh you guys!!  Funny thing is, William will read this, and cry and cry and cry...  Thats sort of fun to get him to cry cause he is so dang happy even in "this scheme of things."   Everyone has their "babies" even if they don't fit the dictionary as being "human".  I will even go further and say our pets are more human than some of the poeple I have met in my short time on this planet..

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »
Isn't he just the cutest thing! The new picture of the three of you is a great picture!! Both of our dogs are rescues from local shelters. We've been looking for a 3rd but he/she needs to be the right match for our family. We called about a weinreymer last night but it had already been adopted. We'll keep looking.  Cograts to you for finding Johnny and congrats to Johnny for finding 2 great dads :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.