HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

HIV test

(1/8) > >>

nocasualsex:
First of all, I want to thank Andy and Ann for their replies in other threads which serves as great encouragment and a strong source of support for me.

About 6months ago, i had unprotected BJs, frenching and protected vaginal intercourse. After having those for a few times, i was guilt stricken and started worrying about HIV.

Surfed on the net and found alot of negative information which were not very helpful to me. Talks about unprotected BJs and frenching will transmit HIV if there are sores etc etc (but from your site i know they doesnt) and that there are cases of people getting HIV because of unprotected oral sex and HIV cases are on a RISE. I started to get really worried before I come across aidmed.

1month ago, i had protected BJ and protected vaginal intercourse, but the fear is still there.

After reading the old threads in this forum, they gave me the courage to go for a HIV test earlier this afternoon. Results came and i was Negative. Thank the Lord.

One question that I really want to ask, without the agenda of getting a time-out.

The question is :Is my HIV test result conclusive? Because my previous protected BJ and protected vaginal intercourse was only ONE month ago, and I heard for the test to be conclusive, it needs THREE months. I just need some assurance.

Once again, i sincerely thank Andy and Ann for their selfless effort in replying the people here, i really appreciate it. (:

Andy Velez:
No guy has ever been confirmed to have become infected from getting a blowjob. With 25 years of epidemic experience and trillions of blowjobs later, it's safe to say you are not going to make history by becoming the first to become infected in that manner.

You used a condom for intercourse which is exactly what you should always do. They provide very effective protection.

So nothing you are reporting put you at risk for HIV transmission. There was no need for testing so it's irrelevant when you test or tested since a negative result was inevitable.

Keep using those condoms. We do also recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to at least once a year have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

This time I don't see any basis for further concern on your part about HIV.

Cheers.

nocasualsex:
THANKS for the reply Andy! :D

With this reply from you, I can rest my case and go for my STDs tests soon.

I dont know why other websites are saying all those things about getting HIV from unprotected BJs, but I believe you and I hope I can educate my peers as well because they are also worried about unprotected BJs and when I told them aidmed says there is nothing to worry about, they just laughed it off and say that im naive.

nocasualsex:
Oh ya, i forgot to ask this question.

Although its all protected vaginal intercourse, does the quality of condoms changes the whole story?

I can say all the condoms that i used are new but will the quality of the condoms affect the "risk level" of protected vaginal intercourse?

Thanks for reading. :D

Andy Velez:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "quality." As long as it's latex and doesn't break, (which you would know if that happens), then you're good to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version