Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:57:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sexual Tantra  (Read 6280 times)

Offline IAMWENDY

Sexual Tantra
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:28:04 pm »
I'm new to this website, in fact i do not know another HIV+ person and have been poz for 20 years.  I am very lucky to have turned my life around; ended substance abuse and codependent relationships and had a baby 5 years before I was diagnosed.  I often wonder how I would have reacted had I not had so much wonderful energy in my life when the bomb fell.
The commom thread in my life was spiritual.  I rejected the fundamentalist Christian path of my parents at age 11 and began studying eastern religion which was a recipe for family madness!  I became very rebellious for survival's sake and drugs, sex and wild spiritedness took their toll, but the seeker was always alive and well.
I did have a serious bout with meningitis 10 years ago which threatened to kill me, and the recovery spanned two years,  but otherwise have been healthy as an ox.   In fact, I believe I'm healthier now than I've ever been in spite of HIV.
To make a long story short, I'm now 20+ years poz, have raised a beautiful daughter solo who is in college, and I've been celibate the entire time.  Dysfunctional relationship was not something I chose to share with my daughter, and I wasn't convinced that I would be successful in attracting and maintaining a healthy relationship.
My spiritual search has guided me to the study of tantra.  I will limit this query to sexual tantra, although there are as many forms of tantra as there are human behaviors.  I've had some experience in tantric practice that is intimate yet nonsexual.  Speaking as a person who formally held great sex as priority in relationship, I  can say in all honesty that this beats it hands down.  You see, the pleasure of intercourse ends with orgasm, and to date I have not found the end of pleasure in tantra.  I'd be lying if I said that at this point my major goal is to experience enlightenment through the practice of tantra, possibly in the future.  For now I see a very real and unlimited potential for intimacy far beyond the high that is experienced in intercourse or oral sex with orgasm.  Finding a like-minded partner is another story.  I haven't noticed any postings on this site that indicate that others are exploring this venue for either spiritual or physical pleasure, so I thought I'd introduce myself with this topic.
I am not comfortable sharing my poz status with anyone I do not have a trusting relationship with, and my experience is that men want sex long before that point.  In fact, they seem to determine whether a relationship is worthy of pursuit by the quality of the sex.  I can't fault that attitude, because that pretty much describes my first 20 years of adult life.  AND that attitude no doubt contributed to my infection with HIV and HEPC, amen.  There's so much more than traditional postures and approaches to intimacy than intercourse, or even oral and anal sex, and the good news is that it's good for your spirit as well.  Sometimes I wish I desired women, this might well be an easier scene.  But I am what I am and that's all that I am. ha!ha!
If there is any interest in the subject in this community, I'd love to hear from you.

Offline emeraldize

Re: Sexual Tantra
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:34:57 am »
Wow. What an interesting post! Welcome to the AM site---what an intro. You have hopefully been to the long-term survivors forum, too. This is a women-only, no men allowed forum and much of what you have written should be read by others. IF not, get on over there, too, as they would likely enjoy learning about alternatives in sexuality and spirituality. Who wouldn't? Positive or negative.

So, with that, it's obvious I have no intentional and concerted tantric experience to share with you, but I'll look forward to reading more of your posts about it and doing a little foraging for info as well.

Your last paragraph includes some interesting points as well--with which I agree, I must add.

Em

Offline IAMWENDY

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:33:09 am »
Outside of Buddhist and Hindu spiritual training, there is a well acclaimed psychologist from Europe by the name of Margo Anand who teaches workshops in Europe and the US.  She has written several books "The Art of Sexual Fantasy" and "The Art of Sexual Magic".  Bringing sex and spirituality together creates an equation that is greater than the sum of its parts.

bleueyes

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:51:47 am »
I was in a relationship where my fiance kept trying to get the nieghbor's wife's attention.  She gave it back, and he also owned a comapny, well it was just starting out.  I used to watch his kids, she used to cheat on his bus with him.  He used to take women to amusement parks, not call me for long periods of time, and I felt so lonely.  He was not even my friend.
I put my time into being a mother.  I used to buy the cutest clothes for my daughter, a while later I got a job at a store in a shopping center.  Everyday I came home my daughter used to tell me I smelled like candy.
I was so tired I just dropped on the couch, and slept.  I also got the flu and was sick for two weeks, I slept like I was in a coma, not kidding!  I could not eat, and my immediate family as if they did not care that I could possibly be dying.  My daughter noticed that something was wrong.  She would cry when I was not at the table for dinner.
At this moment I knew my daughter is the only one who does love me.  Then I figured out it was a show to get my daughter over being afraid. 
You sound like you have grown a lot since the times you've talked about.  That is neat! I have been positive for almost 15 years.  And I have not had any friends besides my fiance with this disease. 

Offline IAMWENDY

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 08:04:26 pm »
When I was pregnant with my daughter all I prayed for was that she (he) be open to me spiritually.  I never spoon fed her my beliefs; I was force fed fundamental Christianity from the start and It really turned me off.  She was as strong willed as I, and I respected that.  She said she didn't know if God is real; I accepted that.  I  got respect when I earned it, and harsh words when I didn't;  I listened. She's in College now and majoring in Political Science with a minor in Religious Theory.  What a joy to watch her become her own person!  I guarantee that the time you spend nurturing your relationship with your daughter is the best investment you could ever make.
A common thread to many of the postings in this website is "loneliness."  Like loneliness is a symptom of HIV?  My biggest discovery has been myself.  I spent several years in total solitiude to discover it. but it has changed my life.  Once you learn to love your own company the path widens and the scenery improves.  Energy regenerates.  Life is renewed.  IAMWENDY

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.