Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:41:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 516
Total: 517

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried sick  (Read 6320 times)

Offline oz1

Worried sick
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:09 am »
Hello.

Last night I met with a man who said he was HIV neg. he proceeded to insert his penis in me with a condom butting was way too big so I had to stop it.

Later in the session he rubbed tr head of his penis over my anus. I don't know if it had precum on it or not.

Then later today my butt started to hurt, I checked for blood but it was just sore and red I think it's a fissure. Please help me. I am worried sick. The sore spot is really starting to get me paranoid and irritate me. Like  I said, I found no blood but it could have bled at time of penetration.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Worried sick
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:59:00 am »
You never had an exposure. To have an exposure you have to have unprotected penetrative anal or vaginal sex.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 09:45:42 am »
The soreness you are feeling is not unusual. The important thing is the insertive partner was wearing a condom. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission.

I don't see any cause for concern this time nor any need for HIV testing.

Let it go and get on with your life. And always remembering whoever is the insertive partner needs to be wearing a condom for anal intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline oz1

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »
Thank you gentleman for putting my mind at ease. I have visited this website before and found it most helpful but this time around did a search for pre-cum directly from penis and fissures and found nothing. I had read on a few other sites to avoid pre-cum on the anus as it is a good receptor for getting the virus, hence me freaking out yesterday.

RapidRod - I figured it may have been an exposure has this one pretty much was up there with unprotected sex seeing as the sore was right near my cavity and the pre-cum may have been fresh.

Andy - Yes, he wore a condom for about 2 minutes, we had to use oils as lube though because none of us had any lol. Needless to say the end result was me left unsatisfied and paranoid about HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
OK, well there's no cause for further concern. Take a breath and get on with your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline oz1

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 08:53:43 pm »
A couple more questions and I'll leave you alone.

He re-used the condom he had worn the first time and tried again, it might have been turned inside out so I am guessing the exposure to air etc would have made whatever cum or precum inside it not infectious?

Second, how far in does the penis have to be inside the anus unprotected? I know for a fact he was rubbing around down there and I think I asked him at one point "Don't put it in" and I'd probably remember something that big going inside me. Still, I am curious. Would his first insertion cause any damage inside me for his rubbing around down there? As you can see I am thinking too much about it still.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »
Past your splinter muscle. You never had an exposure.

Offline oz1

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 04:49:07 am »
I see. Thanks.

I looked up the use of olive oil on latex condoms and never again will I be doing that. My butt still hurts a bit after 32 hours but not as bad as yesterday. I am pretty sure that the condoms didn't break because there was no actual sex, just the initial 1 or so inch insertion and then again later when he tried.

Our session lasted for 5 hrs and it was mostly head, jacking off, frottage, kissing, talking etc and he seemed to talk about a lot of guys who he had sex with which made me worried he may have HIV. He even said he barebacked a guy he knew which made alarm bells go off for me so I kind of didn't want to have sex with him. I just hope he didn't try to take the condom off the second time and do me raw, because he had talked about it to which I disagreed. I also got a bit suspicious about a red mark/raised bump on his neck. He said it was an ingrown hair..my mind automatically went to lesion. The rest of him was okay, just this neck mark.

I'm thinking about taking a PEP test tomorrow, I know I am a worry wart, I hardly knew the guy to put my trust in him. I won't be doing that again, I can't stop thinking about it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 05:19:43 am »
Oz,

A PEP test? There is no such thing. You do not need PEP.

I agree with Andy and Rodney. You didn't have a risk.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline oz1

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:53 am »
Oz,

A PEP test? There is no such thing. You do not need PEP.

I agree with Andy and Rodney. You didn't have a risk.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Sorry Ann. I meant PEP, not PEP test. I clicked the link about the lube of yours before. It wasn't my idea to use the olive oil, it was his. Being more experienced than I, I said okay to it, not having any idea that it could cause a break until now once the paranoia hit in.

Last time I was tested was 6 months ago, only had oral since then so I know I am/was? clean up until yesterday. My paranoia is getting the better of me, I know it is. I thank all you guys for helping me out though. I am just very disappointed in myself right now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 05:46:25 am »
Oz,

If the condom had broken due to using olive oil, you would have known. Broken condoms are VERY obvious.

If you have worries about the guy you're with removing the condom, either don't use positions where you can't see what's happening, or reach down periodically to check the condom is still on him. Or both. Better safe than sorry. Once you start checking for the condom, it will soon become routine and automatic.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline oz1

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 06:05:47 am »
Oz,

If the condom had broken due to using olive oil, you would have known. Broken condoms are VERY obvious.

If you have worries about the guy you're with removing the condom, either don't use positions where you can't see what's happening, or reach down periodically to check the condom is still on him. Or both. Better safe than sorry. Once you start checking for the condom, it will soon become routine and automatic.

Ann

Thanks for the tip. I am pretty sure I checked both times, it's a little hazy.

So you still think no PEP? I live in Australia and there's a clinic about 30 mins away that can offer it. If not to prevent anything then to ease my worry about the whole taking the condom off thing? Like I said earlier, no heavy penetration was made but the rim of my butt is still a bit sensitive.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 06:28:43 am »
Oz,

No, PEP is not warranted in your situation. The drugs used in PEP are heavy-duty and should not be used simply to ease your mind. They are taken for 28 days and also extend the testing window period by four weeks.

At the end of the day, it's your call. You need to know that for PEP to be of any use, it must be started within 72 hours (three days). You can ring or stop in to the clinic you mention, but don't be surprised if they say PEP is not indicated in your situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline oz1

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 07:06:24 pm »
Hi again,

Just thought I'd let you guys know I went through the trash and found the condoms that were used. All of them we unbroken so the fear of that has gone away.

I still have fear though, so I have booked in to see the health clinic today. I'm hoping talking to someone face to face will help me further with my anxiety/paranoia.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »
Fortunately fears are not facts. So I expect you will come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline oz1

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »
Hi again,

I went to the sexual health clinic near me and explained everything to the qualified nurse there. She said my exposure risk was low and when I asked about PEP she said that there was no need for it. She tested me for HIV and all the other STI's since I haven't been checked since last year.

I also informed her about my sore butt and she examined it and said I had a few tiny hemorrhoids in my butt and no skin tears whatsoever and nothing to be concerned about.

I will be going for another test in 3 months just to put this horrible thing behind me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:10:39 am »
You're being overly cautious from my point of view, but I can aprpeciate that you want peace of mind about this incident.

Based on what you have reported I certainly expect you to continue to test negative. 
Andy Velez

Offline oz1

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 12:59:52 am »
Thanks Andy, I hope so.

All these fears seem to overtake me though, as soon as I seem to be clear minded, they creep back in again.

I had another question which you will probably laugh at but I'm curious because I did a search on receptive oral and I got kind of frightened by what someone said here.

I have unusually large tonsils (even the nurse noticed on Monday). During my encounter I was giving him head and he forced down and went to the back of my throat so much I gagged. This happened twice. Is there any risk here? Considering my tonsil size? Might be a stupid question but like I said, these fears just keep popping up.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:25 am »
Thanks Andy, I hope so.

All these fears seem to overtake me though, as soon as I seem to be clear minded, they creep back in again.

I had another question which you will probably laugh at but I'm curious because I did a search on receptive oral and I got kind of frightened by what someone said here.

I have unusually large tonsils (even the nurse noticed on Monday). During my encounter I was giving him head and he forced down and went to the back of my throat so much I gagged. This happened twice. Is there any risk here? Considering my tonsil size? Might be a stupid question but like I said, these fears just keep popping up.
Put your fears to bed, you did not have a risk of contracting HIV from oral sex.

Offline oz1

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 05:35:16 am »
Hi guys,

Just letting you all know that I had a test at 6 months (can't believe it's been that long already!!) and came back with a negative result. Just wanted to THANK YOU all from the bottom of my heart for providing great service and for being so friendly and sincere. I am glad this place is here and will recommend it to anyone who wants answers for HIV and AIDS.

Time to get on with my life.

Again, thank you all and God bless.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 08:02:09 am »
That negative result is no surprise here, Oz, but it's always great to get one.

Just remember to always keep on using a condom properly everytime for vaginal/anal intercourse and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.