Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:05:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 643
Total: 644

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Question?  (Read 9762 times)

Offline Boater

Question?
« on: May 15, 2007, 12:23:19 am »
A stripper gave me a handjob while sucking on my nipple. I've no reason to believe her hand was bleeding, but I have no idea. Also, I noticed a few hours afterwards that my nipple-area had a few red spots looking like tiny scabs; I'm not sure what they were, but they weren't tooth marks and I'm worried.. If her attention to my nipple did break the skin in a few small spots, is there anyway that it is a risk?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:45:56 am »
Boater,

There is absolutely no risk of HIV transmission from getting a handjob or having your tit sucked. None whatsoever. You don't need to test for HIV as a result of these things.

What you should do is take the time to read through our Welcome Thread which contains links to our testing and transmission lessons so you can familiarise yourself with how HIV is and is not transmitted.

One other thing, all sexually active people should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is better. A full screen will include an HIV antibody test. If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've never had one before you might consider making an appointment with your local clinic or your doctor.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Boater

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 01:28:45 am »
The thing is that I don't know for sure if there was blood in the woman's mouth during the whole nipple thing. I don't know whether or not my skin was pierced, but I also don't know why there would be what looks to be hair-folicle sized scabs right in that area. Even if every bad factor was in place, would it be a non-issue?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:30:05 am »
Boater,

It makes no difference whatsoever. I can assure you this is not an HIV situation. That's my expert opinion babe. You can take it to the bank.

MtD

Offline Boater

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 02:18:50 am »
Matty,

I'm not questioning your expertise, but I'm confused and I'd appreciate some advice. The thing is, 1) what if there was a cut on the woman's finger? It seems to me that this is a serious cause for concern even if it's a question mark and 2) what if those "nipple nibbles' did actually break my skin? how the heck do I know if there was blood on the gums etc?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 04:56:47 am »
Boater,

It's cool babe, Matty the Damned is happy to explain these things.

The thing is that HIV is transmitted in very specific ways. It's a fussy, delicate virus and over the 25 years of the pandemic we've learned that HIV is transmitted via:

• Unprotected anal sex
  • Unprotected vaginal sex
  • Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes
  • HIV positive mother to unborn child in certain circumstances

HIV needs to be transmitted inside the body, and cavities such as the anus/rectum and the upper reaches of the vagina (particularly around the cervix) provide such an environment. It's an enclosed space and the virus can find there the particular kinds of cells it needs to infect. These sorts of cells can also be found in the male urethra, which is how HIV is transmitted to males who have unprotected insertive anal or vaginal sex.

As for the mouth, well that's a totally different story. To viruses like HIV the mouth is a horrible, inhospitable place. Human saliva contains a number of substances that actually inhibit the virus, making transmission all but impossible even if your nipples were bleeding or had sores on them, or if there was blood in your sexual partner's mouth.

Cut fingers are not a concern either.

Given these things (and quite possibly others), there is no way that you've been placed at risk of HIV infection because of some funky tit-play.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Boater

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 01:36:17 am »
Is it correct that there has never been a case of transmission from a handjob? Zero?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 01:43:51 am »
There has never been a case of HIV transmission as a result of a handjob.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 07:59:49 am »
Boater, you are worrying needlessly. Read our lesson about Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. You need to be better informed on the real risks for transmission. That way you can protect your health, enjoy your sexuality and not worry unnecessarily as you are now doing.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline oledc

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:32:08 am »
Boater, you are worrying needlessly. Read our lesson about Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

This epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. You need to be better informed on the real risks for transmission. That way you can protect your health, enjoy your sexuality and not worry unnecessarily as you are now doing.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.

Cheers,

Is the report/lesson fit for all races?And what about handjob?
I am Asian.
Thanks.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 10:36:01 am »
oledc you need to start your OWN thread if you have questions.  Please do that and we will answer you there.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Boater

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 11:45:11 pm »
Thanks for the input. I just would like to understand the difference between unprotected intercourse and a handjob given by a woman with a cut on her hand. I realize the "inside the body" part, but what about if there was a cut on the hand right around where it touched the tip of the penis?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 07:30:39 am »
Boater,

You say you understand the "inside the body" requirement for transmission to occur, but clearly you do not. Hiv is very fragile and it does not remain viable and able to infect a new host when it is outside the body.

In order for a cut on the hand giving you a handjob to be even a remote risk, the person would have to be deeply cut, actively and heavily bleeding, and you'd pretty much have to insert the head of your penis inside the cut and vigorously rub it around. You're hardly likely to do that and the other person is hardly likely to let you.

Cuts start to heal as soon as they happen. The skin is a fantastic organ that way. A cut on the hand giving you a handjob is absolutely, positively NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Boater

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
The tip of her finger was right around the tip of my penis, but I don't remember any direct contact or blood. So basically if there was the correct circumstances for transmission I would definitely know it right?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:14 pm »
Boater,

I want you to read this very carefully.

You do not have HIV infection. No matter where the tip of her finger may have been, you do not have HIV. It's time for you to stop what-iffing and get on with your life.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 06:07:13 pm »
Boater,

I'm in complete agreement with Matty here. In NO WAY did you have a risk for hiv infection. Do not have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and you will continue to not put yourself at risk.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple, I promise you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline alterman

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 07:34:58 am »
I sure want to know who was that lady who gave you a hand job because from what you say she's good.
she can suck my nipple too, while giving me a hand job.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 07:39:48 am »
Hey Altermen,

Teasing the WW's, whilst fun, really doesn't help things.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 07:54:56 am »
Alterman,

I suggest you read through the Posting Guidelines for the Am I Infected forum before posting here again. Comments like the one you have made have no place here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Boater

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 03:47:49 am »
Do you think that a girl sucking on your nipples is so completely not a risk? I didn't feel or see bite marks, but I did see what would basically be a few red dot's in the area. They weren't in my mind, but I don't think they would have been caused by a bite either. What if they were though? Is that irrelevant? Thank you for your time (again).

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 04:53:52 am »
Boater,

An hiv positive person could suck ANY part of your body, including your nipples, penis and anus, and it would NOT be a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that inhibit and destroy hiv.

The red dots could have been from her sucking too hard. It's still NOT a risk. Not even if your skin was broken would it be a risk. NO RISK!

If you're worried about the red dots, see your doctor. Whatever is/was going on with the dots, it has nothing to do with hiv. Nothing!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Boater

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 10:47:26 pm »
Thanks. It's not the red dots themselves I am worried about but the fact that I noticed them right after this experience. They were basically right around hair follicles (and right after I shaved). I scratched them off when I noticed them and there was no blood because the skin seems to have healed under them, but I was concerned that they were created by the sucking business. It sounds HIV may only be transmitted by bite if the mouth is covered and blood and it deeply tears though right? I know this is probably redundant, but the people here have been very helpful and I think it has helped. Thank you.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:01 pm »
It sounds HIV may only be transmitted by bite if the mouth is covered and blood and it deeply tears though right?

Le sigh.

No Boater, HIV is not transmitted by bite at all.

MtD

Offline Boater

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 01:47:20 am »
I really want to thank everyone for their help, I just want to drop one more question. I understand the handjob part, but I still am very concerned about the possibility that the woman broke my skin with her mouth. From what I was reading on the archives this is not uncommon at all and it is not a risk either because nobody has ever had to worry about that except with huge bites. Is that correct?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 03:47:22 am »
Boater,

If you'd read the answers you've already been given, you'd see you were already told it wouldn't make a difference if your skin had been broken. Don't you think you would have known at the time if you were sucked so hard that the skin broke? It would hurt like hell!

You didn't have a risk in this instance and the sooner you get over it, the better.

Make sure you always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and have regular, routine sexual health care check ups and you'll be just fine.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Boater

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 02:29:05 am »
Well, I think my hair follicles were vulnerable. The red spots were tiny scabs, when I scratched them off there was no bleeding, but I just can't get over it . There were definitely tiny scabs and they may well have been a result of that.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 04:41:23 am »
I don't have any idea what you'll be like if you have a real risk. If you can't get over it, seek the help of a mental health professional.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 05:54:48 am »
Well, I think my hair follicles were vulnerable. The red spots were tiny scabs, when I scratched them off there was no bleeding, but I just can't get over it . There were definitely tiny scabs and they may well have been a result of that.

Well Boater you can think whatever you like. There's nothing we can do about that. As Roddles says, if you can't deal with your fears (which are completely unfounded) regarding HIV infection then you should seek the assistance of a mental health professional.

We're simply not able to provide you with that sort of support.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.