Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:55:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 515
Total: 516

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I am so worried about HIV HEPATITS or what  (Read 4150 times)

Offline mark1234

• Standard
I am so worried about HIV HEPATITS or what
« on: March 06, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »
Hello,
I had unprotected vaginal intercourse with sex worker .
it was just for 40 seconds and my penis was not so hard !
I get tested on the 19th day (Vidas duo ultra) and it was negative, i get tested again with same test on the 31st day and i was also negative.
The doctor at the lab there told me forget about HIV your result is conclusive now.
But i have some symptoms like:
Flu like symptoms it is started tow days after exposure.
Sore under my tongue one day after exposure.
and another red sore( one day later )inside my upper lips both of them gone in 4 days.
I start to have fatigue and mild fever one week after exposure but it is not permanent.
After 4 weeks i start to have dry mouth ,joint pain and sometimes diarrhea.

I would like to add that i was using the following medicines:
1.NUROFEN COLD & FLU for 20 days (starts two days after  exposure )
2.Levofloxacin 500 for 5 days (2 weeks after exposure )
3.Ampisilin 500/piridyum50 and Roxithromycin 300 for 10 days (3 weeks after exposure )

i went to clinic to get tested they test urine, semen and penis swap.
All was fine as my doctor said and he told me to take Ampisilin 500 and Roxithromycin 300 for 10 days to be recovered from the swap pain and if there is not detected in the tests.

I did the swap one day after stop using the levofloxacin and the urine and semen 4 days after stop using it.( will this give false negatives for those tests ?!)

Could you please tell me what shall i do now i can not sleep cause i am so afraid,
is my symptoms HIV ? and shall i be tested again ?!?!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:21:07 pm by mark1234 »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: I am so worried about HIV HEPATITS or what
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 04:22:29 pm »
The earliest you can test for an HIV exposure is 6 weeks and that must be confirmed at 3 months .

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. Most who are infected will test positive by 6 weeks. For various reasons a small number will take longer and that is why we follow the CDC recommendation to test at 3 months for a conclusive negative result.

The risk for the insertive partner during a condom break while not as great for the receptive partner is still a risk that you must test for . Its rare for the insertive partner to test positive after a condom break so you should expect a negative result when you confirm it.

The meds you are taking will not effect the HIV or window period so that is not a concern .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:59 am »
Mark,

You need to wise up and stop having unprotected intercourse with anyone - and it doesn't matter what they do for a living.

As Jeff indicated, you need to confirm your negative results at the three month point. There are no short cuts to hiv testing. You also need to test for all the other, MUCH more easily transmitted STIs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis. They can all be present with no obvious symptoms, so the ONLY way to know is to test. Syphilis shares a three month testing window period with hiv for a conclusive negative result.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mark1234

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:23:21 am »
First of all i would like to thank you for your kind responses,
Ann,
i did the  chlamydia, gonorrhea (by test urine, semen and penis swap) three weeks after exposure and it was negative,but i did it one day after stop using the levofloxacin will this give false negative for chlamydia, gonorrhea ??
And could you tell me what is the accuracy of the Vidas Duo Ultra test after 31 days,
i saw that it is 99.8% conclusive in the UK after 28 days of the possible exposure,is that true ?
can this symptoms be caused from the anti-biotics or it is not related at all,i mean the joint pain and the dry mouth can it last after stop using anti-biotic ?
Last question :( if my symptoms is HIV why my result still negative after having them for one week ?! shall it be positive after living these symptoms ?!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:44:33 am by mark1234 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 06:52:19 am »
Mark,

Levofloxacin can be used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea, so you might want to get re-tested for those about two weeks after your last dose of levofloxacin to make sure it worked, in case you did have either one of those STIs. There are antibiotic resistant strains of gonorrhea out there, so you'd be best off testing again to make sure you don't have it.

NONE of the antibiotics you were on would make any difference to your hiv tests. Hiv is a virus, and antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infections, so therefore antibiotics won't affect hiv or hiv antibody production.

It's only a private company in the UK that says any antibody tests are conclusive at less than three months. The NHS still goes by the gold-standard three month test for a conclusive negative result. That being said, a six week negative is highly unlikely to change.

A 30-ish day negative is a very good indicator, but a bit iffy if you ask me and certainly NOT conclusive. ONLY a three month negative is completely conclusive. And don't even ask me why private companies say otherwise - I wish I knew. They're playing with fire and I always wonder how many people they send out of their offices thinking they're negative, when they're not, and how many onward transmissions this is causing.

Joint pain and dry mouth can be caused by so many different things it would take me hours to list them all. If these problems persist, see a doctor about them.

One thing I should add though - joint pain can be caused by untreated chlamydia and/or gonorrhea infections. It's due to a type of arthritis that can be triggered by these infections when untreated.

The bottom line for you is this - you need to confirm your negative results at the three month point. You also need to re-test for chlamydia and gonorrhea at least two weeks after your last dose of any antibiotic, and you need to retest for syphilis at three months when you retest for hiv. If you feel unwell in the meantime, go see a doctor. It could be anything and we cannot diagnose your symptoms here. We don't discuss symptoms here in any depth.

The other bottom line is this - USE CONDOMS FOR ANAL OR VAGINAL INTERCOURSE, CORRECTLY AND CONSISTENTLY, AND YOU WILL AVOID HIV INFECTION.

Confirm your negative results at the appropriate time(s), start using condoms, and move on with your life.

You only have one free post left, so please use it wisely.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mark1234

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »
Hello again,
i have done the following tests :

for hepatits:
VIDAS HBs Ag Ultra Testi  =  negative
VIDAS Anti HCV Test       = negative

for syphilis:
VDRL                             = negative
TPHA ( Treponema Pallidum )=negative

chlamydia and gonorrhea  = negative

UREAPLASMA                 = negative
MYCOPLASMA                = negative
urine culture                  = negative

all after 9 weeks of the possible exposure

Later i did those again :

VIDAS Hıv Duo Ultra = negative
VIDAS Anti HCV Test       = negative

after 14 weeks of the possible exposure

But i have some symptoms like rash on cheeks and nose, fatigue ,some times fever ,joints pain and ulcers on tongue or mouth
is it STD ? or i did enough tests ????

Or i should forget all about HIV and live my life normally now :(

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:34:44 pm »
You are conclusively HIV negative . You are sick go see your doctor and find out why, its not HIV .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.