Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: help!!! i need some advice..  (Read 18478 times)

Offline stevo425

help!!! i need some advice..
« on: January 17, 2008, 07:00:36 pm »
so, i did something stupid in las vegas..i had sex with a hooker but i used a condom for everything..Now three weeks later i feel very different i had the flu a couple days ago could not hold down any food a little bit of diareah too. but, other than that nothing..i just have been worrying so much over it. i cant stop thinking about it. I even went into the doctors for a check up he said everything was fine. but i dont know i havnt been able to eat anything ever since i have been sick. Im extremely worried. does anyone think i have anything?? or am i just over reacting?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: help!!! i need some advice..
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 07:05:34 pm »
Steve,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. You didn't have a risk for hiv. You know, sometimes the flu is just the flu. We're in the middle of cold and flu season, so what's the surprise?

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this protected experience, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You haven't had a risk. Keep using condoms and you won't have a risk in future either.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stevo425

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:11:34 pm »
thank you! I have just been worrying so much. I did go get testing i forgot to say that..the test was negative but i was just worried about a false negative.  i have just been stressing myself out so much. could that be part of the reason why i dont feel hungry?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 07:18:18 pm »
Very likely. Stress and anxiety produce all sorts of unpleasant symptoms.

As Ann notes, you were not at risk therefore you don't have HIV.

MtD

Offline stevo425

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:20:06 pm »
thank you!!! its such a relief just hearing someone say that..thank you very much sorry for taking up your time.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:21:11 pm »
I'm glad we've been able to help Steve.

Stay well,

MtD

Offline stevo425

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:19:03 pm »
hey, sorry i had one more thing to ask that i forgot to..when they did you urine test they found a little bit of trace blood it was very mild could that be anything to do with hiv??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:38:29 pm »
Steve,

How could it be anything to do with hiv when you didn't have a risk?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stevo425

white liquid discarge.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »
i have been having white liquid discarge when i ejaculate followed by really clumpy white semen. i have also noticed that my stool is green and has been for awhile now. i have also noticed that my skin is cold in certain spots i know its winter but what could that be from?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: white liquid discarge.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread.

If you are connecting up your current "symptoms" with your previous questions then you still have no basis for concern about HIV because you didn't do anything that put you at risk.

This is an HIV specific website. Nothing you are mentioning is in any way a symptom suggestive of HIV. You need to see your doctor and discuss the various you have mentioned here.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:44:12 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:57:39 pm »
okay but one thing i forgot to say when i had my sexual encounter is that my penis had a small cut on it from zipping it in my zipper. But other then that it was completly covered..I dont know i just feel like im not myself. I dont feel normal if you get what im trying to say. like i said my skin has been cold but i have not been cold at all.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 05:09:24 pm »
That details of your zipper incident doesn't change anything. You weren't at risk.

I'm not doubting that you're not feeling quite your usual self. Your mind is mistakenly presuming that means HIV is the culprit. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Go see your doctor and discuss everything. This is not an HIV situation. Really.

Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 05:11:26 pm »
Okay, i will go see him asap. thank you for your time and your advice. i'm sorry i have been bugging you guys its just my worried mind wont let go of the fact that it could be hiv.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 05:13:54 pm »
That's the way the mind is sometimes. Fortunately thoughts and feelings are not facts. And you have no basis in HIV science to be concerned.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 02:43:52 pm »
well, i went to the doctor he says everything is fine..they did tests and everything came out great. I just have to wait until the 3 month mark to get tested again..he even did a swab test on me..that hurt like hell..but anyway.. i was wondering i cut myself with my zipper and i have been masterbating a lot lately without lube. now i have even more cuts this has happend to be before because i have not been useing any lube. the cuts are just from dry ejaculating alot right?? nothing to do with hiv? sorry for my concern its just i am still a tad bit worried but its getting better.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:02 pm »
Steve,

Hiv does not cause cuts on penises.

You didn't have a risk for hiv and you do not need to test for it. If you had a negative hiv result today, you do not need further testing as today's test is conclusive.

You didn't have a risk and you do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stevo425

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 03:20:47 pm »
even though i tested before the 3 month mark i do not need to get tested again??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 03:23:57 pm »
Why would you test again when you were told that you DID NOT have a risk?

Offline stevo425

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 03:30:41 pm »
yeah, i suppose thats true. i guess its just a worried mind. just wondering though..its hard to pass hiv from a female to a male right?? because the only way a male can get hiv is through the tip of the penis right?? or am i miss informed?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 06:24:22 pm »
No, you aren't misinformed. As long as the head of the penis is covered the man is protected from HIV being transmitted either through the urethra or foreskin (if he's not circumcised.)

You are worrying needlessly. If we had any doubts we would tell you. We don't.

Get on with your life.   
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 03:05:46 pm »
you know ive tried to move on but i dont know i just cant..i keep having feelings this is hiv. I cant really eat too much and when i do eat i get full really quickly. It seems like i have been having axiety attacks i know that could be the cause of me not eting too much. the thing that bugs me is that after my encounter with the protitue two days later i have diareah. Im going to get tested and the 3 month mark which is not too far away. if its negative then does that mean that i am more than likely out of the woods?? Its rare when someone turns at 6 months right?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »
Nothing you are reporting has anything to do with HIV.

Sure, go ahead and get tested at 13 weeks and collect the inevitable negative result if that's going to help you to put closure to this unnecessary worrying on your part.

No, you do not need to test beyond 13 weeks unless you are an IV drug user or have a collapsing immune system due to cancer treatment or such. Neither of those apply? I didn't think so.

Seems to me you're more in need of some sessions with a counselor or therapist about these unwarranted fears than anything else.

Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »
are you guys sure this is not hiv..the tip of my penis stings..but i have been tested for stds and there is nothing...im worried!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 07:10:11 pm »
Discuss your penis discomfort with your doctor. Just because you don't have any other explanation for it doesn't by default mean it's HIV. And it's NOT HIV. Period. End of story.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 07:11:33 pm »
okay, how do i know if he will do a full std panel though?? i mean last time he just did a blood test is that considered a full std panel?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 09:37:16 pm »
There's nothing mysterious to you taking responsibility for your health. Ask your doctor if he ran a full STD panel. If he didn't, then tell him you'd like to have that done.
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 09:38:09 pm »
Only a small group of people seroconvert after the 13 week window period, this group includes those who are receiving immuno-suppressive therapy after transplant procedures, cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy and long term injecting drug users.

You said you had already been tested for all STD's and they were all negative..so I see no point in doing it again.

To answer your question
how do i know if he will do a full std panel though??

probably by doing it the same way he did it before, and by asking him to do it..simple as that.

Edited to say Andy beat me to it.
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline stevo425

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 05:06:42 pm »
im still worried now..today i puked up all the food i just ate. it wasnt even that much food and i couldnt hold it down..this doesnt feel like the flu  at all..I dont know whats wrong..all i know is i cant hold down any food at all and i have even lost weight..are you guys sure this is no cause for hiv or anything?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 05:59:58 pm »
We've told you what we think about your situation.

Do you really think we're going to say, gee, he's puking up, maybe it is HIV. No. That is not going to happen. You need to discuss your health concerns with your doctor. And I also suggest you see a counselor or other such professional to discuss your feelings about what's going on.

If you keep coming back here with your latest symptom I can tell you that you're going to earn yourself a time out from this site. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 06:02:37 pm »
Steve,

You've been repeatedly told that you have not had a risk for hiv infection. There's nothing more we can do for you here. See your doctor about your stomach problems. They're nothing to do with hiv.

If you've read the Please read this. like you're supposed to, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stevo425

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 06:16:11 pm »
okay sorry guys i already made an apointment to see a physcatrist on the 27th im sorry i have been posting so much..i am going to get help..thank you very much for all you have done again i am sorry..bye

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 06:41:06 pm »
Good luck with getting that help.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:09 pm »
so, i have not posted in a while. I have a wart type thing on my penis. I also have been having extreme stomach pains. the doctor does not know what my warts are about..I am very worried again i have not been feeling normal for some time now. do warts have anything to do with hiv?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 06:57:16 pm »
Warts are absolutely not an HIV-specific happening. Go see a dermatologist and get it checked out. As for stomach pains, maybe you need to see a gastroenterologist although I can't help wondering how much of your discomfort might be from your anxiety. Nevertheless it's good to start with checking things out medically.

And if you aren't satisfied with your doctor's  evaluations or lack of same maybe it's time to find a different doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:25 pm »
i need to know the chances of a false positive..i am freaking out the test i just took said poz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 05:20:26 am »
Steve,

False positives happen all the time for a variety of reasons. This is why a person is not considered hiv positive until follow-up tests are performed and they are also positive.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have seen the link to our Testing Lesson. Get reading if you haven't already.

Your result is most likely a false positive because unless you've been having unprotected intercourse - with ANYONE - that you forgot to mention, you haven't had a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stevo425

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 02:06:37 pm »
well, my doctors office just called me today to inform me that they got my test mixed up with someone elses and that mine was negative..so, i guess im not positive...thanks for everyones input i am going to move on with my life now.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 02:24:55 pm »
Great! Whew! That's the best of news. Good luck with moving ahead in your life.
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 12:22:17 pm »
so, the doctors think i have hpv..which i was just wondering since i have hpv does that mean that hiv could travel with the hpv and make me infected?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »
You have a negative test for HIV so it wouldn't matter if you have HPV or not. You're negative.

Offline stevo425

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 07:17:41 pm »
ok so, i am kinda still worried..I mean i dont know if i should get another test or not they got mine mixed up. Now my girlfriend is having some problems..she has been having really light periods and really dark blood. Not to mention she had a break out of hives all over her body and a rash on her thigh. a lot of things just seem really off. Im also having a lot of problems my stool has been really abnormal colors and i keep getting these redish circle type things on my penis. The doctor said its warts but i am worryed that along with the warts i have also been infected with hiv..Im really worried..Now im just too scared to go get tested again..does all of this seem normal or does something seem wrong like maybe hiv?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 07:30:50 pm »
stevo,

You don't need further testing. You didn't need to test over this incident in the first place. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Hiv is difficult to transmit, unlike warts. Warts are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact; hiv is NOT.

Keep working with your doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. There's nothing more we can do for you here.

If you keep posting about this no-risk situation with a conclusive negative result, you will be given that time out I warned you about back in reply #29.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stevo425

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 11:08:49 pm »
i recently recieved a blowjob and now i am having a lot of weird symptoms..i had a rash in each armpit it went away after a day but now my right armpit lympnode is swollen and wont go down.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 05:31:03 am »
Your symptoms have nothing to do with receiving a blowjob. You didn't have a risk from receiving a blowjob. If you have a concern see your doctor.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission to a guy via his getting a blowjob. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Along with anything else you are doing you need to keep seeing the psychiatrist or whichever professional you were seeing about your unwarranted fears about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline stevo425

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 01:55:34 am »
i have something white on the back of my uvula..i dont know what it is..i have major headaches. IM starting to worry that i do actually in fact have hiv. it feels really hard to swollow.. i am so completely scared right now..

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 07:04:57 am »
If you feel ill, you should see your doctor.

I'm sure he or she will be fascinated by your uvula.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:20 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:26 am »
You've been coming here for months with non-risk concerns, just an ongoing recitation of symptoms. Ann gave you a warning some months ago. Now I am warning you again. If you return again with these kinds of unfounded concerns as far as HIV is concerned you're going to get a 28 day time out.

You need to relate the information given to you in the past in an ongoing way and not simply pop in here repeatedly with your latest symptomatic concern.

HIV is not your issue. Get on with your life. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.