Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:10:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 427
Total: 429

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV and other STD risk  (Read 3430 times)

Offline digit12

HIV and other STD risk
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:18:51 am »
Hello

I went to a sauna on saturday.   I will explain what took place and Id like to know what the risk of HIV infection is.

I wanked off some guys but I had a poped blister on my finger all the skin was of but it was pink so it looked like the skin had reground underneath.   It is not a cut just light pink, is it possible that the virus got though.  A guy put his finger in my ass. I also licked the base of one guy penis no where near him cumin.  One guy also inserted him finger in to my ass, witch has since started to inch.  Only been about a week but I have unsoiled waist and sore headaches as well as sore thougt.  What are the chances I have contacted the virus?  This is the one and only gay experiance I wash to have and if I have contracted the virus that would be horrid as my life is bad enoght and going to that sauna would be the worst thing I have ever done.  The bister popped a few days before going.  I have no open cuts just the blister.  After this experience I know im not gay.  Last thingI have booked a 28 day antigen test, is reliable as a way to tell if you are ifected?  I will never put my self in this situation again.

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV and other STD risk
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:11 am »
You're wasting money on an antigen test. Nothing you have reported would have in anyway put you at risk for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted through any of the activities you have mentioned. And yes, I noted the popped blister, etc.

Sexually the ONLY confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as condoms are used consistently and properly for those activities you will be well protected.

Stop worrying, don't bother testing and get on with your life. If you have any symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline digit12

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply Andy it is appreciated.  But that said my throat is still swollen(Ball like swelling on the inside of my throat on eaithe side next to my tonsil).  I dont have any pain really swallowing and the is not pain when pressing on the sides of my neck.  The dierria has not really gone either nor have I had a fever that I have noticed.  The is also a small limp on my tough that has a parted this week.  28 dose seem like a long time to wait.  If I was not exposed to HIV then what could cause these symptoms.  I dont consider my self a hypochondriac my any means, in fact most of the time I am forced by some else to go to the doctor.  So that said I definitely know I am having a reaction to some thing contacted that evening.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:17:37 pm by digit12 »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »
I am very sorry you are ill. Luckily you can rule out HIV as the cause for your troubles, as you had absolutely no risk for that particular pathogen.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline digit12

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »
Thanks jkinatl2

Im not going to obese about it as it will not change the out come of the test.  This will be my last post of the matter.

I occasionally get tears in my bowel as i result of stools it is a condition I have had since a child and I do bite my finger nails too.  My last questions are would these tears in my bowel change the risk factor with seaman being on the mans finger as it is impossible to know where they have be before.  Would my biting my nail's contribute to contraction of the virus for multiple hand jobs.

Lastly I have herd some people say that people with cerebral palsy have a lowered immune system.  I am not sure if I fall in to this category or not as I dont believe I get sick all the time, I have gone a year without a cold. I am for example considered high priority for a flu vaccination in the winter.

Would any of the last factors i have just mention have any bering on the risks of the activities.  So I will hope the DUO p24 test will come back negative but as always it is worth keeping an open mind.

Best Wishes

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »
Neither tears in your bowel, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, bitten nails, or any other factor can possibly make HIV infectious once it leaves the body - and that's what we're talking about here.

Someone could use his HIV infected semen as lubricant and give you a hand job and it would not transmit the virus. It's simply too fragile to remain infectious outside the body.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.