Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:43:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 670
Total: 671

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is it illegal to have a sunny outlook??  (Read 4296 times)

Offline midnightchatter

Is it illegal to have a sunny outlook??
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:51:24 am »
Well hello again to one and all from the UK.

Just thought i had to share with you what a weird week i had last week!

On Monday i was pulled over by the local police ( I had a broken tail light ), I was asked to sit in the police car ( How exciting i thought).

After a short discusion with the nice police man I was asked to take a Breathalyzer test. ( It came back negative ).

This came as no suprise to me as i have been tea total since i started meds in march 06.

I was then asked to take a routine drug test!! ( Well in for a penny i thought ). It came back negative!

Once again this came as no suprise to me as i  don't use recreational drugs.

Next i was asked to produce my documents to the nearest police station.

All this because of a single light bulb!!!!

So on Tuesday i turned up to my local station documents in hand, and the lovely police woman who was on the front desk said "Why are u smiling?".

I willfully replied! I'm happy. And she tutted and said "A smiling face means a guilty conscience!!!" .

So there you have it.

It must be illegal to be happy these days well if it is a crime i am SO guilty!!!

HE HE HE  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: Is it illegal to have a sunny outlook??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:54:48 am »
Girl,

Those people who work for the DMV are bitter ladies who want you to be as miserable as they are. Ignore them, and flaunt your happiness in front of them and perhaps they can get infected by your genuine happiness.

Al
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:22 pm »
she tutted and said "A smiling face means a guilty conscience!!!" .

Hi Chatty in the UK! There's some truth to the above quote. Look at our President, George W. Bush!

Offline midnightchatter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:15:56 pm »
You may well have a point there.

Enough said! lol ;D

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 12:16:18 pm »
That happened to me once. I was arrested for driving with a suspended license and as my buddies came to bail me out the female seargant asked why I thought this was funny.  And I replied that it would make a good story later on and it WAS funny.  She threw my ass back in the slammer while she took her sweet ass time finalizing my paperwork.  She said NOW do you think its funny?  To which I quickly replied "Look lady, the madder YOU get the funnier THIS gets!  And remember sweetheart, at the end of that paperwork *I* get to go home, YOU have to stay here!  So NOW what should my life lesson be?  I'll tell you, it's better to be ME than YOU at this point."

Needless to say, 15 minutes of paperwork turned into 2 hours of paperwork and I was laughing hysterically on the way out!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:04:19 pm »

Those people who work for the DMV are bitter ladies who want you to be as miserable as they are. Ignore them, and flaunt your happiness in front of them and perhaps they can get infected by your genuine happiness.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? You're suggesting showing genuine happiness to the ladies at the DMV, but you wouldn't do the same for the "bitches" who work in a cafeteria?

I'm perplexed, but I still have a sunny outlook.  I love to make people smile and laugh.  It's so much more fun than being mopey.

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 01:10:35 pm »
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? You're suggesting showing genuine happiness to the ladies at the DMV, but you wouldn't do the same for the "bitches" who work in a cafeteria?

I'm perplexed, but I still have a sunny outlook.  I love to make people smile and laugh.  It's so much more fun than being mopey.

Oh Basquo

don't go there girl. Mr. Midnight was being attacked for being happy, I was attacked for being fashionable and Hispanic gay, two totally different issues my darling. I still go to the cafeteria, wear my clothes and still am Hispanic and Gay and flaunt it in front of them. So yes, I do follow what I preach. okayyyyy.

Al
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Central79

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 01:12:33 pm »

But quite hard with botox injections...

People who are miserable at work piss me off, especially in a service industry - and government should all be about service, right? It's not like they don't have a choice - if you don't like it go back to school, change jobs or do something!

Matt

(who is rarely happy anywhere EXCEPT work).

PS - Midnight, the phrase "do you know who my father is" still works in this class-ridden nation. You have to get the accent right or all they say is "why's that sir? Don't you?"  :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 01:14:39 pm by Matt Mee »
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Offline mjmel

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 01:14:04 pm »
That happened to me once. I was arrested for driving with a suspended license and as my buddies came to bail me out the female seargant asked why I thought this was funny.  And I replied that it would make a good story later on and it WAS funny.  She threw my ass back in the slammer while she took her sweet ass time finalizing my paperwork.  She said NOW do you think its funny?  To which I quickly replied "Look lady, the madder YOU get the funnier THIS gets!  And remember sweetheart, at the end of that paperwork *I* get to go home, YOU have to stay here!  So NOW what should my life lesson be?  I'll tell you, it's better to be ME than YOU at this point."

Needless to say, 15 minutes of paperwork turned into 2 hours of paperwork and I was laughing hysterically on the way out!

Cocky fella, ACinKC   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:10:37 am by mjmel »

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:58 pm »
Timely this topic has come up.

Just yesterday the boyfriend and I went for pizza lunch at one of our favourite hangouts. The waiter (who was unknown to either of us) was terrible - from his grouchy disinterested manner to practically throwing our plates on the table.

I figure if I can find happiness while living with HIV/AIDS, or at the very least civility, then cranky pants people deserve nothing. Which is exactly what he got for a tip. :D

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 10:46:32 pm »
Sounds like they were trying something new.  Maybe they were testing your happy button and you passed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline koi1

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 08:00:02 pm »
Basquo,

You got very upset with me when I brought up something from another thread, why are you doing this to Miss Iva. I smell a double standard.  :D

But we all agree you look hot in your older pictures.  :D

Oops, I'm not supposed to flirt anymore.
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.