Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 340
Total: 341

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: .  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Alain

• I am.
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:34:45 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:30:06 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline ademas

Re: Who am I? A journey. Is there is life after deaf? Long story
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:54:08 am »
I was very moved by this, Alain.  Thanks for sharing so honestly.
Happy Thanksgiving.
xox

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:25:37 am »
You have such a joyful expression and smile in your photo that it's hard to believe it masks such sorrow and pain. I can commiserate that the journey is tough at times.  However, you seem to have quite a solid grasp of avenues to explore and things to do or consider to help you find the peace and happiness for which you seek. I wish you well, Alain, and a Happy Thanksgiving.

*hugs*

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:38:01 am »
Alain,

You touched my heart!

Happy Thanksgiving

Big Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 01:50:53 pm »
FROM FAG TO FAG....

HUGE F*CKING HUG FOR YOU

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 02:33:15 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing, Alain.

Your story was so touching and I feel you showed alot of courage to open your soul up like that for us. 

THANK YOU AGAIN, ALAIN!!

Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 02:44:09 pm »
Alain, 

This is very hard to read Alain, not because of its length, but because of its truth.  Your words, your feelings strikes home to all those who are reading this.   I am sitting here at work between journal entries crying cuz I don’t know what to say or how to say it.   It would have been better to hear you say this to me and everyone else in person.   But that’s just not possible.  Within the text of your feelings, you clearly define yourself as a loving, caring and beautiful person who is deserving of everything your hopes and dreams yearn for.   This is the man I know as Alain..

Alain, we have so many commonalities.   I feel fortunate to know you.  Not many people can lay their lives out on the table for all to see.  You have just done that for us.  Maybe to better yourself, but I think personally to help us find our own path, our road that is as happy as it can be.   I realize the trials you are dealing with this year with your hearing loss.  But you know what??  That changes nothing in my mind nor of others here taking in your concerns and reflections.

Can I say in truth that you are loved and respected by so many here.  If that is true thru this means of communications,  I can only imagine how loved you are in person.  To touch you, to feel you in person would be a goal of mine personally.  You have a big hug coming your way. 

Finally,  I had to print out your thread to really be able to follow it (add).  Alain,  you already have a plan, goals and realities spelled out within your text.   Go back and read how beautiful you truly are.   

Know that you are so NOT alone honey, and yes, this TO SHALL PASS!

Love

Eric

PS... My Dad told me this once...  "Eric the definition of insanity is - Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting a different result".  I know this is where I fuck up... I have to try new ways of approaching a problem, a challenge, otherwise, I will fail just like I did before...  Thanks Dad..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:16:41 pm by Eric »

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 03:38:10 pm »
Alain sweety - Your honesty and courage to move forward are beautiful and inspirational ... Thank you darling

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 04:45:11 pm »
Dear Alain,

a very heartfelt and touching post, and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!   We do have much to be thankful for, sometimes we just have to dig a little deeper to see it.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing Alain.  Reading your post really struck a nerve for me.  Much of the things you've gone through or felt have been many of the same emotions or actions that have happened in my life.  You sound like such a caring person always doing things for others...take a step back and do things for yourself.  You should come first.  I know that may sound harsh, but I used to never do things for myself ever, always for other people.  Testing poz was my reality check that it was time for me to care for me, too.  You don't have to do anything over the top, just little things.  Treat yourself to a new outfit, dinner, or (yes I know it's gay) a facial.  Things that spark life within you.  Set aside time as you time.  You sound like you have a lot to be thankful for, just gotta dust the cobwebs of the dark place off.  You're a strong man Alain, hang in there babe, it'll pass.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Charlie
Poz since 2003.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 09:38:57 pm »
Nice to know the rich complexity behind the smiling face.  And although you are very different in terms of the challenges of life.  Your needs and desires resonate with many.  Thank you for sharing your life experience with us...

Drew

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 12:40:43 pm »
bump

Offline Nadine

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 01:01:39 pm »
Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us Alain...I was truly moved.

now listening to: Everybody Hurts by REM

Offline bear60

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 01:16:40 pm »

HUGS, Alain
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline zozo

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 02:10:52 am »
Alain, I couldn't finish your post, tears streaming down my face , thinking of the similarities with my lif as a whole. You are not alone in that journey. After all the suffering and later have to deal with your health. Your opst define me. Thanks for sharing this with us. Now I know I'm not alone in this journey. I respect you for that. Shine Alain shine. A big hug for you and happy Thanks giving.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 04:14:09 am »
Dearest Alain

:'(..If only I had "Savoir-faire"..but right now I'm sadly lacking that ability..like everyone here, your post touched my heart,  I can only hope that the road you are on now will become less bumpy as time passes..I hope you can feel the love that is coming through from all those who have posted...I wish for you all that you wish for yourself.

Sending you love and warm hugs

Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 04:16:00 am »
Happy Thanksgiving, Alain.

Many things you wrote are who I am too – the family history (I'm second of five kids), the being hard on you, seeking understanding through psychotherapy, and especially this:

“I am aware of my surroundings and space and can be a loner at times and I do enjoy being alone and I never get bored.”

Daniel in Ottawa

MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.