Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:10:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 473
Total: 475

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In Big Trouble  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Growler

In Big Trouble
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:44:13 am »
I was approached at a railway station by a group of guys who hang out at the food van. One of them had previously figured out I was gay and has threatened me before. Tonight he started again, mocking me for looking sick and about to drop. I figured I had to stand up for myself and so I told him to leave me alone and then when that didn't work I became forceful and told him to fuck off. To cut along story one of them kicked my bag and threatened to punch my head in and I blurted out, don't get my blood on you I have AIDS....... They left soon after and now everyone is going to know about my status and I don't think I will get a welcome reception if I return to any of the facilities I have been using.  I don't know what to do I am shit scared to even sleep in my usual spot.
GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Growler

Re: In Big Trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 08:03:54 am »
Fuck it,  I am not going to be afraid because of some homophobic arsehole. I am going to go to my usual sleeping spot and tomorrow I will shower and eat where I have always do and anyone has a problem with me then fuck them.
GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:51:12 pm »
That's just awful.

Im sorry, I'm only realizing now, but are you sleeping on the street?  Or rather, in different shelters?? 

I do get that its important to have balls -  and its important not to let yourself be bullied and pushed around.

But Growler,  this sounds like dangerous situation!  You might be attacked!  Or, still, even if you are not attacked, you are afraid and thats not good.   

Do you know the names of these guys?  Can you get the names, AND report the threats to the police??  Get it on record, and then let them know that their names are on record for threatening you.   People will think twice if they have a lot to lose, and can be easily suspected of a crime. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »
Growler,

I am concerned for you.

I agree with Mecch and the questions he asks. What is your living situation?

"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »

On top of everything else you now have this added.....  doesn't sound good.  While I agree with the others about making a report about it, I do worry it won't be of much help.   

What is your living situation?  Can it be changed away from these rift raft?

Might be wise to start packing a bat.....

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Growler

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »
Everything is going to be fine. I slept well last night and the abdo pain has subsided so I'm feeling much better today.

I don't know these guys names but I do know where they do and don't hang out and none of these places are important to me so I'll just play it smart and avoid them. As for carrying a bat or any other weapon, I have no experience fighting and would be concerned that it'd just be turned against me.

BTW I don't know why I said to them I had AIDS and not HIV. I don't have AIDS (I've never had a CD4 count 200) and I intend to start meds as soon as I hit 350 or earlier if I. need to so I never will. My apologies to anyone who might have been offended. I'm still kicking myself that I disclosed to these arseholes but at time it was pure reflex.  I guess I still have issues about transmission and not wanting to pass it on, even though I do know better.
Cheers
GROWLER

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:37:36 pm »
BTW I don't know why I said to them I had AIDS and not HIV. I don't have AIDS (I've never had a CD4 count 200) and I intend to start meds as soon as I hit 350 or earlier if I. need to so I never will. My apologies to anyone who might have been offended. I'm still kicking myself that I disclosed to these arseholes but at time it was pure reflex.  I guess I still have issues about transmission and not wanting to pass it on, even though I do know better.
Cheers
GROWLER

I know your situation kinda blows right now, but I don't think they would understand the subtle distinction between HIV and AIDS.  Growler, we need to find you a static place to lay your head every night.

Offline Growler

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:04 am »
I've checked myself into a hostel for the next week.
GROWLER

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 12:53:53 am »
I've checked myself into a hostel for the next week.
GROWLER

This is good news for sure.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:02 am »
Hey mate, not much to add except that I hope your home situation gets fixed real soon and everything sorts itself out.

Best and hugs
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 10:12:06 am »
Growler, where are you living (city) and have you checked with any ASO about getting help with housing and other support?

Obviously we're concerned about the conditions you've been reporting.

Andy Velez

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »
Hope to hear from you again soon and that you are in a safer place.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »
Dear Growler,

Just a note to wish you well ,do not waste time beating yourself up , during such an intense period as a attack by a gang, who knows what ones going to say. If my memory serves me right you are a trained medic so theoretically work ,housing is available to you, the ? I always had way back to Yellow brick Motel is why you are living your life the way you are .

What ever the history and reasons I wish you safe passage Growler
love  mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:02 pm »
Hey Growler,

I found a program called CHIRP (HUD), through my Case Manager when I was homeless.  They set me up in a motel with food vouchers for 30 days, while I found "permanent" housing.  That was about 15 years ago and I still have a deep rooted fear of losing housing.   8)  Have the best day
Michael

BTW, I ran a search for HUD, CHIRP and found many links, by city location.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.