Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Positive thoughts for Women  (Read 7347 times)

Offline camille07

Positive thoughts for Women
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:41:03 pm »
Have you ever been in a room and everyone is just negative.  Obviously, it makes you feel oppressed and weighted down. Or in your own home, you come home from work and you feel great, then you walk in and everything goes wrong...the attitudes....the partner, kids, pets, plumbing, and you lose your joy.  WTF! Right.  We have all experienced it.  What about changing our attitude.  NO MATTER WHAT happens you're still here in the angst, the bad vibes as some will call it.......breathe and reboot as we've heard. 
In the past, I was surrounded by negative people.....they seemed happy, had upbeat voices and seemed happy but were really negative. So I started questioning, why do I always feel weird or strange after hanging out with them. 

Well, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but we need to surround ourselves with positive things.  Its a proven fact.  I have a great article based on this idea and I'll tell you it works. The following article has scientific facts to back up the idea regardless of the main page.

http://www.practicalspirituality.info/sound-vibration-part2.html

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:51:59 pm by camille07 »

Offline emeraldize

Re: Positive thoughts for Women
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:00:18 pm »
Hi Camille

Thanks for the link. A couple of years ago, I read Emoto's book and listened to him lecture. Changed the way my Brita container looks---it's plastered with all sorts of uplifting and hopeful words printed on vinyl which are intended for placing on water containers.

I think sound plays a huge role in our lives.  When I need to focus on an important project, or can't motivate myself to focus, I listen to 13th Century vocal music recorded by Anonymous Four. This medieval chant and polyphony enables me to order my thoughts and stay on track.

Em

Offline camille07

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:04:58 pm »
Em- it's amazing if it's working in the garden or listening to an uplifting cd.  Just think about how you feel when someone gives you accolades.....

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 11:19:06 pm »
As my Daddy used to say "if you hang out with shitty people you become a shitty person"

Offline camille07

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:26:24 pm »
Exactly:)

Offline Losta

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 01:49:21 am »
YES...THAT WAS MY EX...THANK GOD I LEFT HIM..... :-*

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 07:41:57 am »
Oprah Winfrey has a great sense of humor and on one of her programs not long ago, she featured a consultant who helps people turn their lives around...significantly!

He was asking people to think about those negative people you run into regularly in life, or at work who zap you of energy. Nodding in acknowledgement, Oprah said

You       deplete me.

In the same phrasing as Tom Cruise used with Renee Z in (blanking Show Me the Money time) when he said

You     complete me.

The audience cracked up because of her delivery and its truth. It's not always easy to back away from anyone, or anything that depletes and it's not easy to stay mindful of not being a depleter---we all have our blind spots so sometimes it means slowing down, way down and checking motive on both sides of an interaction.

More chants please. Gotta long list of things to do today!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.