Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I need help! Please answer  (Read 42562 times)

Offline RapidRod

Re: Extremely Worried!
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2006, 03:01:51 pm »
Please keep all of your questions and thoughts in your Orginal Thread.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1343.0

Offline kitty87

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:20 pm »
Rod I cant post anything in my original thread, what am I meant to do?
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2006, 03:12:15 pm »
You're correct it is locked and I now remember why.

Offline kitty87

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2006, 03:18:53 pm »
I thought this site was here to help people? This situation isnt a joke! Is it not true that they class razors as a risk? And the person who this razor belonged too had been with many prostitutes and it cut me? All im asking for is an answer.
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 03:30:45 pm »
Theoretical risk, never has happened or documented to have happened.

Offline kitty87

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 03:35:06 pm »
So do you feel that I need to worry about this or not?
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »
NO, it's not a  concern.

Offline kitty87

Re: Extremely Worried! Pls reply I need answers!
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2006, 03:50:11 pm »
What if there was that persons blood on the razor?
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2006, 03:55:15 pm »
Don't start with the "what ifs" again. You were just told it has never been documented to have happened in over 20+ years. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2006, 05:46:27 pm »
Kitty,

I've unlocked your original thread and merged it with your new one. Please keep any further comments in this thread - although I hope you do not have further comments.

People are not risky - certain behaviours are. It is highly insulting for you to assume the things you do about people. There is not a risk of hiv infection from a razor left lying around. Hiv is not transmitted in the environment this way.

It would seem that you did not use your time out to get the face-to-face help you need to deal with your hiv anxiety. This forum is not a substitute for counseling.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kitty87

testing Question
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2006, 07:59:00 am »
Just need some information guys i live in the United Kingdom if say i was struck by a needle what is the window period?  Ive heard its six months for needle incidents is this true?  I just want to know how long i have to wait after a needle incident?
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

Re: testing Question
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2006, 08:10:46 am »
Keep all you questions and thoughts in your orginal thread. http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1343.0

Offline kitty87

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2006, 08:11:24 am »
i would like a reply from an exper, this is all the information i require
x kitty x

Offline kitty87

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2006, 08:12:02 am »
expert reply please thank you
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2006, 08:15:08 am »
Put your questions in your orginal thread like you were told. Read the "Welcome" tread also and follow the guidelines.

Offline kitty87

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2006, 08:20:37 am »
Just need some information guys i live in the United Kingdom if say i was struck by a needle what is the window period?  Ive heard its six months for needle incidents is this true?  I just want to know how long i have to wait after a needle incident?
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2006, 08:23:37 am »
We are not going to start this all over again. You seriously need to see a mental health expert.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2006, 08:23:56 am »
After a month time out, andnothing has changed. You really don't understand, do you? You had no risk. This is NOT an HIV situation. I for one am not going to give you more ammunition for this irrational course you seem to be bound and determined to continue.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline kitty87

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2006, 08:38:25 am »
i just need an answer then i will leave the forum.  Wat is the window period after a needle injury in the uk?  Get back to me some experts
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2006, 09:10:39 am »
Kitty,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Please don't make me do this again!

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kitty, the window period in the UK is twelve weeks. The only time that changes is if you have taken PEP and even that only extends the window by four weeks. The only other exceptions are people on chemotherapy for cancer or on immune-suppressant drugs following organ transplant.

You are quickly heading for another time-out. Please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional to help you understand and deal with your anxieties. We cannot do that for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kitty87

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2006, 09:33:07 am »
hello Ann Thank you for your reply so its 12 weeks if like my self i am not on chemothreapy and am an healthy individual?  However i have read that you should test up to 6 months if you have a needle accident is this true? So if i test 12 weeks after the needle incident the test will be accurate?  Why does it take longer to make the test more accuate if the person is an IV Drug user?  Please make me understand!!  Thank you
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2006, 09:48:42 am »
Kitty,

I can't make you do anything and this thread is proof of that.

You didn't have a risk of hiv infection. Really, you didn't. Test if you must, and accept the inevitable negative result. Twelve weeks is conclusive where there has been a needle injury and no PEP. A test for you over this incident will be conclusive at any time because it was NOT a risk for hiv infection. Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2006, 01:13:37 pm »
another incident happened this time where was struck by a needle so i just need to know the testing requirements?  So 12 weeks is long enough to wait but i thought it was 13 weeks?  Also why does it say on the internet that you have to wait 6 months to get a coclusive test result after been struck by a needle?
x kitty x

Offline kitty87

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2006, 01:29:29 pm »
hi there can some expert reply bout my testing question
x kitty x

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2006, 01:33:39 pm »
There comes a time when I feel really bad seeing a poster, or a thread, labeled as having made more contributions.

I am sorry that your irrational fear of having HIV has led you to this. I hope that someday you re-read this thread, and see for yourself what depths a person can plumb when faced with an uncertain future.

You did not, I assure you, get infected by a passer-by at a dance club wielding a needle.

I sincerely hope you are able to get the help you seem to need. I submit that you will only begin to examine that when you are forcibly "released" from this site.

Best of luck.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline angeles70

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2006, 02:36:34 pm »
hola, como estas quisiera comunicarme contigo

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2006, 03:11:16 pm »
angels,

You need to start your own thread and you need to use English as English is the language of these forums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:44 pm »
after the needle incident how long do you have to wait before the test result is reliable?  Some sources says 3 months and others say 6?  i live in the UK  Please somebody get back to me
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2006, 05:54:07 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline kitty87

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2006, 06:09:47 pm »
wat is your problem i only want some information would prefer if you didnt reply to my questions ok
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2006, 06:15:27 pm »
Not until you quit asking the same question over an over again. Your question has been answered in previous threads. You are about to be given a time out and you'll only have yourself to blame for it.

Offline kitty87

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2006, 07:06:02 pm »
i just would like to know what the window period is for needle incidents is it 6 or 3 month?  I need to know as there is alot of conflicting information
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2006, 07:10:11 pm »
Kitty,

You have not had conflicting information on this website. You have been told repeatedly that the window period is three months and you have also been repeatedly told that you have not had a risk of infection.

I'm giving you a four week time-out to encourage you to seek the face to face help you need and we cannot possibly provide. Do not create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

Testing question
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2006, 08:43:34 am »
hello there everybody i had my hiv test this morning, however i never saw the woman take the needle out of the packet before she drawn my blood, im wondering if she may have used it on the patient before me?  Really worried guys.  I dont know what to think.  Wats everyones thoughts?  I live in the United Kingdom
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

Re: Testing question
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2006, 08:51:57 am »
Pease put all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread. My thoughts-- (You have very serious mental health issues that need looked into.)

Offline kitty87

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2006, 08:58:27 am »
just need to know if i need to worry about this as i didnt see the nurse take needle out of packet
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2006, 09:03:46 am »
This is your orginal thread, go back to it. http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1343.0

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2006, 09:09:36 am »
Kitty,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

I see you still have not sought out professional help for your hiv related anxieties. If you are seriously worried that people, including health care workers, are out to infect you with hiv via needles, then I strongly urge you to talk to someone face-to-face about this. I can't see how we can possibly help you further here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2006, 09:14:34 am »
Hello Ann and any other experts, i finally got the courage to go for the test this morning, all i am saying is that i live in the uk and when the nurse drawn my blood for hiv, syphlis and hepatitis i never saw her take the needle out of the packet are they suppose to do this?  Do i need to worry about this or not?  Just need your help and thoughts on the matter
x kitty x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2006, 09:19:58 am »
You are beyond our help. Look at your past posts. You need to seek help that we are not qualified to give.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2006, 09:46:47 am »
Kitty,

NO. You do NOT need to worry about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2006, 09:52:50 am »
Why dont i need to worry about this i was the 4th patient to have the blood test, so how do i no that the needle was not used on those patients if i didnt see it taken out of the packet?  get back to me
x kitty x

Offline Dogstar

« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2006, 10:46:20 am »
They use a NEW needle on every patient. It's is also against the law in any medical proffesion to do this. No worries.  Good Luck Dogstar

Offline kitty87

I need help! Please answer
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2007, 02:00:55 pm »
Hi

This is embarrassing but I really need to know. My boyfriend and I had sex and were lying on the bed then the dog jumped up and licked his penis. We're both worried now because we're unsure whether this is a transmission method for any type of virus?

I need help

Thanks
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: I need help! Please answer
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2007, 02:10:26 pm »
Kitty,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread AGAIN - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

A penis-licking dog is NOT going to transmit any sexaully transmitted infection to either you or your boyfriend.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2007, 03:05:31 pm »
It is not a risk and you would know that if you read the lessons on transmission.  I would consider closing your door tho cause thats just gross.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline kitty87

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:09 pm »
hello he licked the end of my boyfriend penis, and we have unprotected sex?  Are there any infections at all which can be passed on from the saliva in the dogs mouth?  We are mainly concerned if HIV is a risk as we always have unprotected sex?  Also do we have to wait 12 weeks now for a test?  Plese help us we  both want to stay safe
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2007, 06:33:31 pm »
Kitty,

Dogs do not carry hiv.

Dog can carry worms, but worms infect the intestinal tract, not the penis. Dogs do not carry human sexual infections. They're dogs. Dogs and people are different.

Did you ever get that help we've asked you to get? It would seem not. It would also seem you've not learned a single thing about hiv infection in all the time you've been coming to this forum. I'm not sure there's much we can do for you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kitty87

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2007, 06:46:36 pm »
yes i did seek help i having treatment at the moment.  Is there any chance at all that I cant get hiv from the dog even in the wildest of circumstances? He licked the hole part of penis?  Tract what do you mean so there are some infections which he needs to be checked out?  Can we carry on having unprotected sex?
x kitty x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2007, 06:57:12 pm »
Kitty,

What part of "dogs don't carry hiv" don't you understand? Hiv stands for HUMAN immunodeficiency virus. HUMAN. Not canine, not dog, HUMAN.

Neither you nor your boyfriend need to be check for ANYTHING just because your dog licked his penis.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.