Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:26:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 673
Total: 675

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I guess I'll post this here since I'm apparently not allowed to post elsewhere  (Read 8070 times)

Offline girlychic

I was a bit annoyed by other ppl's reaction to me in another thread about HIV disclosure, b/c I do have a personal story with that.

about a year and a half ago, I was hooking up with a close friend (at the time) who insisted he was negative, didn't wanna use condoms. (he used to be a junkie). turns out, he had it. luckily, I insisted on condoms anyway most of the time, b/c I wasn't sure, but a few times, I didn't. I was scared as hell, but I've gotten tested twice since then (last time being 2 months ago) and both came back negative, so I was lucky.

but I think what he did was extremely selfish. I don't talk to him anymore. But in the PAST, he was someone I did care about.

that's my issue w/the disclosure thing, though, I don't like being mislead, though I do think it's up to everyone to be proactive about their own health and well-being and insist on safe sex if they are unsure of this person's status.

so don't tell me I don't have a clue just b/c I don't see things your way, as of being HIV-negative make my opinion less valid, or something. lol. what was wrong w/my statement, btw? (in the other thread). I'd love to hear what got you ppl so up in arms that you'd threaten to ban me, when I didn't even say anything rude or disrespectful.

Offline sharkdiver

did you read the rules of the forums?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Of course not
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline sharkdiver

what ppl is he talking about?

Offline fearless

The fact that you don't see anything rude or disrespectful in a statement like this says it all:

"this is coming from an HIV-negative chic, who'd probably wanna know beforehand. once you disclosed, I wouldn't wanna have sex with you. (I realize you're gay so you wouldn't want me anyway, lol, but if I were with a straight man I wouldn't want to have sex with him if he told me that). I wouldn't hate you for it, though, we could still be friends and all that, and if I liked you, I'd wanna be there for ya, regardless."

now, go play somewhere else like a good little girl.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline GNYC09

buh-bye.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Oh Father.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
OK what was it you didn't understand about Ann's warning in the other thread?...Do not post in any forum except the "AM I" forum and the OFF TOPIC" forum..it really is that simple  ..if you had read the rules like you were supposed to then you would still be here but I'm sorry this was your last post for awhile, I'm giving you a 28day Time out, that should give you time to read the rules here.

Do not try and get round your ban by trying to create another user name because you Will be caught Adan you will receive a permanent ban.

Jan
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:43:10 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
The fact that you don't see anything rude or disrespectful in a statement like this says it all:

"this is coming from an HIV-negative chic, who'd probably wanna know beforehand. once you disclosed, I wouldn't wanna have sex with you. (I realize you're gay so you wouldn't want me anyway, lol, but if I were with a straight man I wouldn't want to have sex with him if he told me that). I wouldn't hate you for it, though, we could still be friends and all that, and if I liked you, I'd wanna be there for ya, regardless."

now, go play somewhere else like a good little girl.

Hi Steve

I commemted on that in the other thread...unbelievable.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline skeebo1969

so don't tell me I don't have a clue just b/c I don't see things your way, as of being HIV-negative make my opinion less valid, or something. lol. what was wrong w/my statement, btw? (in the other thread). I'd love to hear what got you ppl so up in arms that you'd threaten to ban me, when I didn't even say anything rude or disrespectful.

See girlychic we have rules here.  If I called you an idiot I would be breaking one of those rules much like you did when you posted in the Living With Forum.  I know the living with title may have been a bit hard for you to understand but what that means is you actually have the vrus, which you don't so you shouldn't post there.

I also have to ask why are you posting in the Someone I Care About forum?  You already said you do not speak to the guy any longer.  Go out and celebrate being negative and spread your message  to your little girlychic friends.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Sebastian1969

girlychic-you are basing your opinions here on an experience you had with someone who lied to you about their status, it is unfortuante that you did not insist on condoms everytime you had sex-but that was a decision you made for whatever reason.  There are many helpful articles on how HIV is transmitted on this site, you may find it helpful to read those so that you can see that when and how someone discloses their status is completely up to them. 
To say that you would never have sex with someone if you knew they were positive is a rude and offensive statement not only to HIV positive people, but to those of us that care about people with HIV.  We have sex with people that we love and care about as a way to communicate those feelings on a higher level, HIV does not define who a person is, it is a bad disease, but does not make a person bad and in no way does it ever make someone less worthy of being treated with the respect that they deserve.
Please read through the information provided on here, it may give you some good information that you do not have now. 
The site is for people to find support and give each other support. 

Offline sharkdiver

well, I guess we will see when she comes back after her 28 day ban, huh?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:39:45 am by sharkdiver »

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
sigh   :-X
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.