Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 409
Total: 410

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: wishin and hopin....revisited  (Read 3568 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
wishin and hopin....revisited
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:01:11 pm »
I have been out a few times with this guy and I think he is someone I could attempt to have a relationship with.  We click, have a lot in common and think along the same lines. So the time is approaching to disclose.  I find myself hoping that when I say I am HIV+, he says so am I.  In actuality, I would never want someone to be poz.  But for selfish reasons I hope he is and this causes me to feel guilty.  I know I shouldn't hope this, but it sure would make things easier. http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=13721.0, Jul 9

To bring you up to date after exchanging emails for a month and then going out for about 3 weeks I finally told him I was positive (he is not). I was a nervous wreck, this was the first time I had to disclose to someone I was dating. (hook ups are another story)  But I did and it went very well.  We talked, he thanked me for telling him, he asked questions.  He said he was beginning to think I was a prude (which is far from the case) because as things would get heavy in a make out session I would pull back and make an excuse not to go farther.  We had some very good laughs about the various excuses I used and on that night I didn't have to use any excuse! 

We aren't picking out china patterns by any means.  He may not be able to handle it or we may decided things aren't working for a reason completely non-HIV related or we may end up registering at Target.  Who knows, but at least the HIV issue is on the table.  I am no longer worried about keeping it a secret and thank goodness because I was running out of excuses.

I have heard from many that you will know when the time is right to disclose, I think that is pretty much true.

Thanks,
Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: wishin and hopin....revisited
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:14:04 pm »
All this trouble to end up registering at Target  ??? :o :o :o

Congrats, woodie, it's a big step and it went well. I'll need your list of excuses, it may become handy :D

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline keyite

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:15:26 pm »
Glad to hear it went so well. I've yet to disclose in those types of circumstances and I can't say the prospect thrills me - this tale gives some hope it might just be okay.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:23:42 pm »
Most of the guys I have disclosed to were thoroughly nonplussed. I think it has more to do with my standards not theirs...their reaction was usually, whew thank God...I thought you were going to tell me you had a small penis.

I think we make more out of it than they do.

Enjoy,
Hal

Offline woodshere

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 12:57:20 pm »
Hal, I have been trying to come up with a way to describe his reaction and I think you hit the nail on the head. 

Milker, Target has some really cool home accessories.

Keyite, the prospect didn't thrill me either, but if one wants to persue a relationship there are always going to be risks.  But they must be taken in order to get to the real thrills..... ;)

Thanks guys.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 01:28:27 pm »
Milker, Target has some really cool home accessories.

Please say you haven't become a whore for Mizrahi!!

Congrats on breaking the virological ice, as it were.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline woodshere

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 01:38:14 pm »

Please say you haven't become a whore for Mizrahi!!

Congrats on breaking the virological ice, as it were.

I became a whore way before Mizrahi darkened the doors of Target!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 01:39:47 pm »
Woods,

Glad things worked out for you on disclosing. I'm glad you found someone who was willing to accept you. Not to sound like the preverbial wet blanket but there are still those that are not as willing to accept it. I always seem to get those types even when it comes to my own family. Because of that I choose not to disclose but at the same time, I'm not out humping like a dog in heat either. Since disclosure is such an issue for me, I chose to try to get with someone poz. Which will just make my life a whole lot easier....Congrats anyways....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:51:14 pm »
 ;D WOOHOO!!!!!  ;D

RIDE 'EM COWBOY!!!! YEEEHAWWW!!!!
Sorry, don't know where that came from. ;) Glad to hear he didn't pick up his petticoat and run, arms flailing, like a demented banshee. Congratulations, Sir.

Now, do me a favor, and send some of that luck my way. :D :D :D
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.