Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:41:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 440
Total: 443

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Moped rentals?  (Read 7842 times)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Moped rentals?
« on: June 08, 2007, 01:27:36 am »
This could be a fun thing to do...Years back I remember renting a moped and riding around the city.  It is a great way to get to know the city.
It was specially fun going down Lombard St.
Rich
(who loves going down  :o)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Moped rentals?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:20 am »
Hey Rich

Moped rentals?  Oh lord I don't know!  I have a bad history with those darn things!

Last time we  travelled to the coast we rented mopeds.  There's a section of the beach where you're allowed to ride them. 

It was a warm sunny day, beautiful calm water.  Not a soul around.  Just me and damn fool and some seagulls

I'm tooling down the sandy beach, going full throttle, feeling the breeze on my face, smelling the ocean scent, loving every minute of it.

When suddenly--out of nowhere--this damn seagull takes flight and is coming right at me!   :o

In my panic to stop, I put down my feet and stood up.  But forgot to let go of the throttle.  You guessed it.  The moped rolled right out from underneath me and stood up on it's hind wheel (I was still gripping the handle bar remember). 

The next thing I knew, the moped was in the ocean, I was laying on my butt, and the seagull circling overhead like some vulture!   >:(

To this day I'm convinced that damn bird planned the whole thing. 

RAB

(Who laughs about it now.   :D)

(Sorry for the hijack!)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 03:43:52 pm »
First let me apologise for this hijack....

When suddenly--out of nowhere--this damn seagull takes flight and is coming right at me!   

In my panic to stop, I put down my feet and stood up.  But forgot to let go of the throttle.  You guessed it.  The moped rolled right out from underneath me and stood up on it's hind wheel (I was still gripping the handle bar remember). 

The next thing I knew, the moped was in the ocean, I was laying on my butt, and the seagull circling overhead like some vulture!   

To this day I'm convinced that damn bird planned the whole thing.

ROFLMAO!

seagull are evil, pure evil!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 03:51:05 pm »
Highjack away!!!!!! :D
That was hilarious. I wish I had had a warning !
I was drinking my coffee when I read Rab's repply and I laughed so hard I had coffee come out my nose.
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline lucas clay

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:29 pm »
and i thought it was going to be boring in S.F. have to grab Nadine's camera and we can all get mopeds. me, Nadine, rod, and you look forward to it.

your friend
                                                               Lucas

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
Now they have GoCar Rentals also. http://sanfran.gocartours.com/index.html

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 11:52:59 pm »
Rab,

Please don't tell us you soiled your pink undies . . .

Ric

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.