Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:46:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update: Lipids R Us  (Read 3050 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Update: Lipids R Us
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:58:22 am »
Actually, not. The Pravachol. coupled with the Zetia and 4,000 mgs of fish oil seem to be doing the trick.

The LDL was 122 as of Monday, down from 157, and that was without watching my diet. I figured quitting smoking was enough to deal with right now.

My HDL was still 27, which is a good thing. No, it isn't a good number, but it didn't drop. Usually, when my LDL drops, so does the HDL. So, maybe this will work after all.

Triglycerides were fine, but I don't remember the number, and the liver was functioning as it was supposed to.

Oh, regarding the smoking, it has now been more than three weeks since I started the Chantix, more than two weeks since I have smoked.

So far, its been OK. No real cravings, but a few twinges now and then.

The dreams continue, though. Last night I dreamed I was in a bathroom with Prince Harry who really knew how to fill out a pair of blue jeans - with a little help from me.  That was when Peter Jennings walked in a caught me "adjusting" things for Harry.

Isn't Peter Jennings dead?

Weird.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: Update: Lipids R Us
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:07:13 am »
Ewwwww@ Prince Harry.........but kudos on everything else.
I made a feeble attempt to go cold turkey a few days ago. I just can't make it past the hideous cravings, so here I sit, puffing away. :-\
I'm going to try again tomorrow, when my ciggies run out.
Good job Marky! :-*
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:16:34 am »
Gee Mark and Lisa,

You guys are such control freaks you should have no trouble getting over the ciggies.  Just remember, you will never get over the urge, but you will learn to control it.  Remember me in Montreal?  I always try to stand down wind of other smokers and I haven't had a Benson and Hedges Menthol Lite 100 since that last one in line at the emergency room at the Albuquerque Veterans Hospital on August 4, 1994.  I still love other's smoke.  It never leaves, but you will be able to overcome when you are ready.  It just works.

Love and Kisses to both of you, and remember, second hand smoke is better than nothing!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:27 am »
I'm considering quitting for the umpteenth time.  I started taking 150mg of Wellbutrin/Zyban yesterday.  Considering I have bronchitis I should flush them all down the toilet for a few days, but alas I sneak a half portion here and there.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:20:56 pm »
Congratulations on all the news, Mark!  With the gay gene running in the Queen's (capital Q) family, (how do we spell Andrew?) I wish you the chance with either of the grandsons.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 06:15:13 pm »
Ohhh Cholesterol!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS MAN!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:07 pm »
Mark,

Great report on the lipids.....but I am SO PROUD OF YOU on quitting smoking!

Those dreams you are having sound great....I miss being able to remember my dreams.   I still dream, but as I wake up in the morning, the memory of what I was dreaming about fades away like mist....

Smoke-free hugs,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.