Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:58:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 484
Total: 487

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: about time for an intro  (Read 2501 times)

Offline scotty54

about time for an intro
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:32 am »
I know that I have ranted about a bit on various forum sites.  Time to show that I occasionally have moments of sanity. 

Came out with Donner Summer and all that wonderful "trash disco."  Yes no youngster here.  May---1997.  Extended period of feeling worn-out.  Several days of fever and chills. I thought...could it be.....June 1997 positive diagnosis...VL 54000 and cd4 365.  The first generation of HIV meds kept me alive but were not kind in many ways.

Marylander here.  The Skins and the Nats.  Absolute best crab cakes.  Close to NIH.  Nor"easters that dump 30 inches of snow and humiture indexes in the summer that can top 120.  Same sex marriage as of 2013---and passed by popular vote.  DC parking meters that give you 6 mins for a quarter.  Any of you have Scottish terriers?  Partner and I have had 4 (hence pen name.)  Such wonderful dogs.

Has been difficult of late for me to settle into a new med regimen...but that is a new thread.  Keeping up the homework.  Thanks to all of you that have read and responded to my posts/babbles/rants. 

I may not agree with you, but will always defend your right to disagree.

Offline Anqueetas

Re: about time for an intro
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:26 am »
Hello Scotty and officially welcome you to the forum. Good luck with your med, I know Atripla is a tough piece of cake to eat. If you can tolerated after 3-4 months you probably fine with it for years but if you don't like me don't hesitate to change.
You might not be a youngster but you partner is surely quite young!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Cheers
ARS, hospitalized for very high fever-July 2011
diagnosed HIV positive - October 16 2011
CD4 460 19.5% VL 49000 - late October 2011
CD4 625 19.5% VL 50030 - January 2012
CD4 369 19% VL 69000 - March 2012
Start Sustiva+ Truvada - April 17 2012
CD4 524 24.5% VL UD - August 22 2012
Switch to Nevirapine+Truvada
CD4 490 26% VL UD - November 2012
CD4 539 29% VL UD - February 2013
CD4 621 28% VL UD - May 2013

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »
Welcome Scotty to a very welcoming and great site for education, support and maybe a few laughs. 

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline scotty54

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:20 am »
Thanks for your support.  May you both be blessed with friends, family and lots of good wine on your holiday.
Anqueetos....you have the best weather/beaches....and a personal favorite....panang curry.   Cheers :) :)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:40:01 am »

Welcome to the forums Scotty54.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline scotty54

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:00 pm »
Thx for welcome Skeebo.  Totally agree about "Love In The Air".  Makes my skin crawl.  Only song I can think off of the top of my head in the same league is "Muskrat Love".....lol......I think Cpt and Tenille?   Best to you

Offline weasel

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 08:58:29 pm »

Nice  to meet you    Scotty 54 ,

Hope all is going well for you   :)

Weasel 
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.