Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:40:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Encounter with transsexual sex worker  (Read 9292 times)

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
Encounter with transsexual sex worker
« on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:20 am »
I had an encounter with a transsexual sex worker a week ago. I gave and received oral covered and mutual masturbation (uncovered), and kissed quite a bit. I had a couple of scabs from eczema on my hands. No other sexual contact. Should I get tested or move on and forget about it?

I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
Re: Encounter with transsexual sex worker
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »
I saw my doctor and he said he thought getting a test would ease my mind, but thought that what I did was safe, but he did warn me that a sex worker was not a good choice and that if I kept going that route, I was putting myself at risk. I wanted to know your thoughts. I've read a few of the other posts here and feel pretty confident that I practiced safe sex, but there's that little doubt in the back of my mind that I may have missed something. Andy? Ann? I'd appreciate your wisdom and advice.

This also happened 5 years ago (different experience, tested negative), and I went through depression, panic, etc. I'm having a very mild panic, but occupying myself with work, etc.

Thank you for any info.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:55:59 pm by feelingdumb »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:41:38 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. Nothing you are reporting has put you at risk for HIV.

The basics about HIV transmission sexually are that only unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are confirmed risks. As long as condoms are used consistently for those activities you will be well protected. Other sexual activities are only "theoretically" risky.

As far as having sex with professionals, it's no higher risk with them than being with civilians. It's not who you are with but what you do. So as long as you consistently use condoms for intercourse you will be protected no matter whom you are with. Sex workers are often more careful about protecting their health and more inclined to use condoms consistently than non-pros.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »
Thanks Andy. So, I'm ok to continue dating and having sex? (Just double-checking).

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:48:22 pm »
Yes, you are. And remember to use condoms everytime for intercourse.

Because other stds are much easier to acquire than HIV, we do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:11 pm »
Yes, you are. And remember to use condoms everytime for intercourse.

Because other stds are much easier to acquire than HIV, we do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year.

Will do. Have a physical coming up in the summer and that's definitely on the menu. Thanks so much for your wisdom and advice Andy. I'm much obliged. Take care.

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
Sex with TS sex worker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 01:23:13 pm »
I posted awhile back about an experience I had with a transsexual sex worker. Since that encounter, we've  developed a friendly relationship over a couple of months and yesterday we had sex. I topped with a condom (she bottomed). We kissed, mutual masturbation, rubbed penises, I gave her blow jobs (all covered), She touched the head of her penis to my anus (with condom) on. Didn't insert at all. This morning I noticed a healed cut on my lip or lil scab. I'm trying to be as detailed as possible.

Am I at risk for HIV? Should I worry? I have a physical the 15th of August and am getting tested.

She said she gets tested regularly, I sort of trust her as we talk regularly now and she seems like a good person. You never know, that's why I'm seeking your advice.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »
First of all, I have merged your threads here. As stated in the opening thread of this section, members are supposed to keep all entries in the same thread. In the future please use only this thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Once again you're worrying needlessly. The most important detail with regard to HIV is that you are using condoms for intercourse. Unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV. So nothing you are reporting of your activities has put you at risk for HIV.

Based on what you have reported I don't see any reason why should expect anything other than a negative test result.

Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »
Sorry, Andy, I should have read that. Will do. Thank you for doing that and for the advice.

So, to double-check, nothing for me to worry about? Can I continue dating and having sex with women?

I'm still gonna get tested for peace of mind.  :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:00:51 pm »
I don't see any cause for concern about HIV. And yes, you can continue to have intercourse with women. Just make sure you are properly using a condom everytime.

Other STDs are easier to acquire than HIV so we recommend to anyone who is sexually active to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year and more frequently if there are any troubling symptoms.

As far as HIV is concerned you are good to go.

Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 02:04:04 pm »
Thanks again Andy, for the wisdom. Take care.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »
You're welcome. ...on with your life now.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »
We had sex again, last night. During oral (covered), she came in the condom while in my mouth. Also, she inserted her fingers in my anus (covered). Any HIV risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 12:14:47 pm »
No.. If you are going to have a frenzy everytime you have sex then don't or educate yourself on how HIV is and is not transmitted. 

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:10 pm »
Hi Rod, I'm actually not having a frenzy (this time), I am really trying to educate myself. I'm finally at a point where I'm comfortable with the sex I'm having (her and I are in somewhat of a relationship), just double checking that what I do is safe. This site has helped me a lot.

I really do appreciate your help/wisdom. Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:44:46 pm by feelingdumb »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 05:26:44 pm »
It's not complicated to have safer sex and to protect your negative HIV status.

Just make sure a condom is used properly everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse.Yes, it really is just that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 05:31:50 pm »
Thanks again, Andy. Bottom line is as long as I/she are covered (w/condoms), nothing to worry about?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:27 am »
dumb,

Yes, that's the bottom line. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse. It ain't rocket science!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
Hi Andy/Ann/Rod,

My physical is coming up 8/17. I had my encounter July 9ish, I think. That's about 5.5 weeks? Is that a sufficient length of time to wait or should I wait longer?

I know you said I'm not at risk, but just going to test for piece of mind. I have some sniffles, chest feeling icy, but I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. Last time I went through this I had a major panic meltdown.

I want to continue to date, but I feel like I should wait and test and not start something... 

What do you think? Am I still overreacting?  :-\

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 02:23:56 pm »
You didn't have a risk so for you testing is strictly for your peace of mind. No matter when you test you're going to get a negative result.

At this point I am going to warn you that if you continue to return here about your non-risk situation, you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site for 28 days. HIV is not your problem.

Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »
Ok, thanks Andy.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 02:33:16 pm »
OK. Now get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
Advice, just in case.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 01:33:50 pm »
Hi Ann/Andy,

Wasn't sure if I'm doing the right thing by starting a new topic (I got a prompt on my old thread to do so), forgive me for doing so.

I started dating someone and I have avoided having sex with her (my own feelings of guilt have to do with that). I recently was tested and came back negative.

Since then I had 3 encounters with different transsexuals, I used condoms everytime. Did oral (reciprocal), I topped one gal (covered). I had chapped lips on one occasion and rubbed the covered member against my anus. Any risk, even though it was all covered?

Can I have sex with this new girl I'm dating (using a condom of course), or would I be putting her at risk? I've told her about the transsexuals and she's happy that I told her, still wants to have sex. I want to get tested again in 3 months, just in case. She's a nurse.

I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about giving her something. Am I being ridiculous and over cautious? I subscribed for a week, also for the past advice you gave me.

Thanks,
feelingdumb aka feelingalright

Edited: sorry for the typos...jeez.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:40:03 pm by feelingdumb »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »
Hi,

I have merged your threads here. This is the only thread you should be writing in.

As long as you consistently and properly use condoms everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse you will be well protected against HIV transmission. So yes, you can have intercourse without worry whether with another trans person or the woman you have mentioned.

You also need to be aware that other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. So we advise anyone who is sexually active to at least once a year have a full STD panel done and eveyr 6 months is even better.

But as far as HIV I don't see any cause for concern at this time in your situation.
Andy Velez

Offline feelingdumb

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »
Thanks, Andy, and apologies for starting the new thread.

Much obliged.  :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.