Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:23:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG 2010 Location Final Vote  (Read 64120 times)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: AMG 2010 Location Final Vote
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 07:41:05 am »
I'm fine with NOT counting non-members -- in fact, I thought that only members could vote -- that is why I only had my vote originally.  Thanks for clarifying.
As for one vote per household -- I don't agree with that.  If there are 2 members living together, they should get 2 votes.

Mike

Offline Basquo

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:58 am »
If we go with registered members-only voting, that means that Mum gets a vote but Mini doesn't.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:34 am »
Not a problem and will be done once we get closer to the october 9th deadline.

D- If you're tracking the vote via a spreadsheet, it would be helpful to post that in advance of the end of voting...such that any discrepancies can be addressed prior to the end of voting.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2009, 09:34:11 am »
So how to resolve this as to prevent any skewing of the numbers.

Because I've met them at prior AMG's I know Basqo's partner, Mini, and Ric and Nico's partner.
Do we allow their votes to be counted even though they are not registered members?

Of course this would allow anyone to come into this thread and cast two votes to include their significant other.

I'm fine either way, as long as there some sort of concensus among members.

If we go with registered members-only voting, that means that Mum gets a vote but Mini doesn't.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 09:49:58 am »
Hmmm.... well, I was talking to my bf the other night and again last night about the AMG and he said he'd like to go - if it were in New Orleans. My number one vote would still be with London - however, I would also like to go if it were in NO. Neither one of us has the least interest in Las Vegas. (He's been there and would rather see somewhere else, and Vegas has never held any attraction for me. If we're going to travel half-way around the world, and he has to worry about bringing meds in, then we want to go somewhere we want to go, if you see what I mean.)

So, he's interested in going and would like to vote for NO. Can he vote when it doesn't "add weight", so to speak, to my vote?

It would be kinda silly for him to get an account - he's absolutely computer-phobic and I would have to do it all for him anyway, from my computer. (he obviously doesn't have one!) He hears about you guys all the time from me though, so he feels like he knows some of you already. ;)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Basquo

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 10:57:09 am »
I'm now of the opinion that it should be one vote per forums member. That would be the easiest on the Coordinator.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:05 am »
It's dangerous to start changing the vote process, mid-vote.  I don't really see any significant harm in the voting process thus far.  If people believe that voting manipulation is happening due to people casting multiple votes, asking folks to set up a forum account just to vote is unlikely to be much of a deterrent.

I am absolutely against only allowing partner votes for people we know.  That closes off the process to potential new attendees at AMG and also unfairly skews the voting towards Las Vegas.  

I do think Carousel's point about one vote per household does raise an interesting point.  But ultimately, I'd rather just keep things the way they are now and make any changes effective for any future voting.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 11:55:39 am »
I see your point.

However, allow me to go on record as saying I am only responsible for tallying the votes, and not who or how they vote.

Voting will continue this year without any change to the process.

It's dangerous to start changing the vote process, mid-vote.  I don't really see any significant harm in the voting process thus far.  If people believe that voting manipulation is happening due to people casting multiple votes, asking folks to set up a forum account just to vote is unlikely to be much of a deterrent.

I am absolutely against only allowing partner votes for people we know.  That closes off the process to potential new attendees at AMG and also unfairly skews the voting towards Las Vegas.  

I do think Carousel's point about one vote per household does raise an interesting point.  But ultimately, I'd rather just keep things the way they are now and make any changes effective for any future voting.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2009, 11:57:28 am »

In that case, put my bf (Foxtrot Charlie, I've written about him in my blog) down for New Orleans. Thanks! :)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:50 pm »
I think you need to clarify exactly who can vote for the AMG location, because it has always been limited to members only voting on a location.  If you start adding spouses and whatnot, you may get skewed votes that will not represent what the forum members want.  I would think that limiting votes to one per member, or one to a family unit, would be the fairest way to count.  The way it is, you can have a family unit with three votes, to my one and that is hardly representative.  I think we should address this and do it now and get it in writing. 

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 04:25:14 pm »

So, does that mean non-member spouses/family members can vote or only members vote? 

If non-members did vote in the past, I'm wondering -- if you still had prior years spreadsheets, did their vote ultimately swing the results to a different conclusion than if only members were counted?  Not sure if that is feasible to look into, but might at least put some context around the "bigness" of the issue.

I think it would be hard to say "members only", because then you can just have folks register and you have the same result.  If you say one per household/family, then you knock out a member vote from households with 2 members.  In the end, I guess there isn't a "perfect" scenario, and if things have worked one way these past 5 years, maybe leaving well enough alone makes the most sense.

Mike

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 04:42:06 pm »
My understanding has always been that each member has a vote and I propose that it remain that way and for those who are in a family unit, which means anymore than one (members or not), also gets one vote as a family unit.  It does not seem fair to me, for a non-member partner to have the same vote as an actual member here.  This would be easy to administer and a single member vote, will count the same as any family unit.  This is not an issue of swinging a vote, but of having the people who actually attend AMG, voting on where it will be held.

Whether you change the actual voting rules or not, you still need to definitively state who can vote.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:54 pm »
With the exception of a couple of well known members here who have attended AMG's in the past, this has never been an issue.

Also, the voting for choice of destination has typically not been as close as it is this year. That's why I foresaw it as possibly being a problem this year. More people are wanting to vote by proxy for their significant other. However, I see Cliff's point about changing protocol midway through the vote.

So, how do we deal with this?

If we say members only, are people likely to sign up just to vote? In my opinion this is not likely. If being affected by HIV was not motivation enough to sign up, I don't think AMG is going to be either (I don't mean this as cruel as it sounds.)

Another option may be giving a members, non-member spouse only 1/4 of a vote.

I'll guess we'll let this discussion continue.

So, does that mean non-member spouses/family members can vote or only members vote? 

If non-members did vote in the past, I'm wondering -- if you still had prior years spreadsheets, did their vote ultimately swing the results to a different conclusion than if only members were counted?  Not sure if that is feasible to look into, but might at least put some context around the "bigness" of the issue.

I think it would be hard to say "members only", because then you can just have folks register and you have the same result.  If you say one per household/family, then you knock out a member vote from households with 2 members.  In the end, I guess there isn't a "perfect" scenario, and if things have worked one way these past 5 years, maybe leaving well enough alone makes the most sense.

Mike

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2009, 04:45:12 pm »
This seems really simple to me, because the name of the "gatherings" is formally AMG, or AIDS meds Gatherings.  That would suggest that registered members of this site are fully qualified and invited to this event, and to allow those who are not registered opens it up to the universe.  Not particularly fair in my book.  

However, if you all decide to let anyone in the household vote, then I will certainly register my husband's vote since this is possibly the first one he might think about going to if it is held in Las Vegas.  Neither one of us will even cross the border of Texas or any states east of there, so New Orleans is simply out of the question.  (HATE hurricanes, and sopping humidty)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2009, 04:52:01 pm »
Sorry, I still have a problem with giving any non-member a vote, because then you are penalizing anyone without a family, because a family unit vote would be worth at least 1 & 1/4 votes vs. 1 for a single member.  And I'll be both brutal and honest in saying that I resent the possibility that the boyfriend of the month's vote would count the same as mine.  I don't think so.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:54:52 pm by killfoile »

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »
Of those who have voiced their opinion on this issue, there has only been one opposition to limiting voting to members only.

Should we give this more time for discussion or continue on with the terms that voting is only open to registered members?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »
I say give it another few days, because time is not critical to determine the location.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2009, 05:05:33 pm »
Time usually is a good idea, but in this voting thread.......   I don't know.  If I were in your shoes, I would probably create another thread to really dig into this......... then if this voting thread needs to be changed accordingly, it would be easy to either add or subtract the votes of non-registered members.  

I'm in the same postion as Ann with my spouse, he is completely computer ignorant.  Still, he knows all of you.

I want to be clear here, I am not in favor of non-registered members voting for a members only site.  This of course would be a problem for those "married" people who consider the marriage sacrosanct and the vote of one naturally assumes the partner gets a vote also.  Marriage and registered members are two unrelated subjects altogether.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:09:46 pm by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2009, 05:10:11 pm »
If the goal is to maximize AMG attendance, then it seems reasonable that we count numbers of those who sincerely intend to attend. We can do this by invoking an honor system among ourselves.

Let's not vote if you really have no interest in attending just to skew location.

Let's VOTE honestly about where you'd really prefer to go, especially if you're hoping to attend.

however, My impression is that AMG gatherings are so special because you gather ... no matter where it's held.

-YaKa
09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2009, 06:13:19 pm »
Personally, I think it's fair to only give a vote to folks that either have attended the event or are active members (i.e. post on these boards). I'm relatively new here but I look forward to attending the next AMG event.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2009, 06:33:33 pm »
London
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:06 pm »
Sorry, I still have a problem with giving any non-member a vote, because then you are penalizing anyone without a family, because a family unit vote would be worth at least 1 & 1/4 votes vs. 1 for a single member.  And I'll be both brutal and honest in saying that I resent the possibility that the boyfriend of the month's vote would count the same as mine.  I don't think so.

I agree with Killfoile

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »
the discussion on the voting policy for AMG has been moved to

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=28999.0

Please post your comments regarding this issue in the new thread, and continue to leave this thread for voting.

Thanks!

Offline Curtis

• Smooth seas do not make skillfull sailors
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2009, 10:00:52 pm »
I'll go to New Orleans to see you guys, but it's hard work for me.  Las Vegas is a three day city. 

Final votes:

1.  Chicago, because I've never seen it right without butt high snow

2.  Las Vegas, because Jan would go

3.  New Orleans, I'm skeered but let's see how it goes
Probable infection: 1993
Tested poz: 10/4/1995

Much time passes.....

Worst labs in 2009: CD4 20, CD4% 3, VL 9000.
10/1/09: Ziagen, Icentress, Intelence.
11/30/09: CD4 42, CD4% 6, VL undetectable.

Hooray! :-)

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2009, 01:16:50 am »
Curtis,

I'm not quite sure how to read your vote. Chicago isn't an option at this stage of the game.

So, the choices you get to pick from are Las Vegas, London, or New Orleans. But only one!

I'll go to New Orleans to see you guys, but it's hard work for me.  Las Vegas is a three day city. 

Final votes:

Offline Curtis

• Smooth seas do not make skillfull sailors
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2009, 11:16:31 am »
My bad.  I'm always so far behind in a conversation here that even reading 70-75 messages before speaking up I still manage to step in it.

Tell me where to show up next summer. 

Probable infection: 1993
Tested poz: 10/4/1995

Much time passes.....

Worst labs in 2009: CD4 20, CD4% 3, VL 9000.
10/1/09: Ziagen, Icentress, Intelence.
11/30/09: CD4 42, CD4% 6, VL undetectable.

Hooray! :-)

Offline the trebmeister

• Fame is fleeting ... obscurity is forever.
    • daddy, you bastard
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2009, 12:55:47 pm »
Quote from: Curtis
My bad.  I'm always so far behind in a conversation here that even reading 70-75 messages before speaking up I still manage to step in it

70 to 75?!?  i can't finish 7.5 in an hour.  anyway, chicago is a perfectly lovely city so i do not believe you stepped in anything.  this is the AM forums, not JAMA!

'though it appears new orleans is out of the running this year (or any year with a digit in it) my provincial jingoism (jingoistic provincialism?) simply forces me to inquire/post/babble.  

3.  New Orleans, I'm skeered but let's see how it goes

scared of what?  heat stroke?  crime?  the fact many bars are open 24/7/365.25 so no one tells you to go home at a reasonable hour (except police on horses at midnight between Mardi Gras & Ash Wednesday but if you're in a bar you can stay in until street revelers are encouraged to go home)?   or just getting here would be out of your budget?  any other location besides here and baton rouge is out for me and i wouldn't be caught dead in baton rouge so i understand financial considerations.

regardless of southern etiquette (i guess northern, eastern, & western, too?) about white post labor day in new orleenz (in honor of our midwestern forum members... ;->  ) light-weight 100% cotton clothes of the lightest color are de rigueur year-round, during daylight at least.   leather queens must have their sweat glands removed to wear pants, chaps, jackets, even vests except about 5 - 10 days a year when both heat and humidity are very low.  a former source of bar-plopping amusement for me and my friend al was some of the "fall/winter" clothes guys insisted on wearing -- sweaters, leather jackets, long wool pants, calf-length boots (i had a pair and wore them about twice a year until they dry-rotted -- my nancy sinatra phase).  

media sensationalism about crime in new orleans frequently omits details such as the population is still about 200,000 fewer than before katrina so stats get skewed without adjustment.  besides, as has been the case for at least 30 - 50 years, the vast number of violent crimes occur in easily distinguishable geographic areas.  the common traits are poverty, drugs, gang violence, etc. -- very few locals would go to those areas even in daylight.   as with other urban areas visitors should be careful about following safety tips and information.  

my 13 cats & i vote for new orleans.  i'm a bisexual platonic bestial polygamist & they are all consenting adults so in the interest of inclusion and fairness i believe all 14 of our votes should be counted.  who are we to judge others lifestyle choices?  who are we to use such revolting phrases as "lifestyle choices?"

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:06:49 pm by the trebmeister »
Your friends may say that I’m a stranger
My face they’ll never see no more
There is but one promise that’s given
I’ll sail on God’s golden shore

Offline David_CA

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »

Final votes:

I'm scared of NO, too... of the humidity (and heat) and mosquitoes.  I bet they aren't any worse than here, which are two reasons I don't like doing much at home in the summer.  If I've got to deal with heat, give me dry heat any day! 
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline shreveman

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2009, 11:10:56 pm »
Hi there:

I vote for Las Vegas.

Thanks, R.

Offline Lakis

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 04:57:26 am »
LONDON

Lakis

Offline sensual1973

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2009, 02:56:54 pm »
london
God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change.

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »
I think if you're not planning on going you shouldn't be voting.

I vote for London.

Sam

Offline sparky1976

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2009, 06:59:35 pm »
what the heck, im new on here but i'd show up if it were in: LONDON!!

Offline LACboi

• AMG member since June 2005
    • FaceBook
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2009, 04:53:17 am »
new orleans

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2009, 12:20:55 pm »
Based on the results of a member's poll, voting is restricted to registered members only.

Only 1 vote per registered member will be counted.

The following votes have been removed.

bocker3's partner - Las Vegas
Cliff's partner - London
Ann's partner - New Orleans
confidentIwillbeOK's partner - London
mini - New Orleans
Oscar - New Orleans
Nico's partner - Las Vegas

Preliminary results shows London leading by 2 votes.

London           18
Las Vegas        16
New Orleans     9

Voting will be extended 10 days due to the poll. Voting will end October 19th.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:09:33 pm by AMG Coordinator »

Offline renevatio

• Incesant vicissitude
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »
Las Vegas.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs.
Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-Dr. Harold Thurman

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2009, 03:43:25 pm »
I'll stick a vote down for London.  Would love to see some of you again!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:24 pm »
Can I change my vote? I picked New Orleans originally, but now that I think about it, I'd prefer Las Vegas.
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline Wagner

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2009, 09:01:11 am »
London

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2009, 06:30:07 pm »
New Orleans
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2009, 09:14:09 pm »
I've tried to attend a couple of AMG's but because of time constraints, distance, money etc, I've not been able to attend. As I'll be 'up north' during that time I could likely attend. I have family in London that I could stay with as well.

So I vote for

London
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:22:08 am by OzPaul »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2009, 12:54:06 pm »
London
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2009, 11:57:16 pm »
Las Vegas
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »
London!  :D
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline BassMan

• Gran Canaria 2006
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 04:32:13 pm »
Has to be LONDON  ;D
Diagnosed December 2002
CD4 810 VL 750,000

Started meds October 2004
CD4 405 VL >100,000

Latest Results: October 2009
CD4 888 38%, VL undetectable
on fosamprenavir/ritonavir & Truvada

VL undetectable since November 2005

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »
Less than two weeks remaining to vote.

Below is an update on the results.

London          25

Las Vegas      19

New Orleans   9
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:10:27 pm by AMG Coordinator »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2009, 03:34:28 pm »
Las Vegas

(@$1425.00 there's no way I could even afford the airfare to London  let alone the other costs  -- especially now   :'()

But we'll see what happens.  Whatever the final choice is, it'll be interesting.

RAB   ;D

(Who's also thinking about a side trip to the Grand Canyon--it's beautiful, spectacur even.  Plus I haven't been there in over 30 years.)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2009, 03:43:07 pm »
Less than two weeks remaining to vote.

This thread says voting closes October 9th at the beginning:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=28869.msg355157#msg355157

Did that change?

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2009, 03:44:15 pm »

Voting will be extended 10 days due to the poll. Voting will end October 19th.

5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2009, 03:45:25 pm »
Oh, how confusing.  Thanks.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.