Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:38:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 249
Total: 250

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Jersey Shore  (Read 58891 times)

Offline Carly

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Jersey Shore
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2010, 12:05:34 pm »
Michael Cera as a Guido?  He's like the epitome of dork.

I think Michael K. from Dlisted.com described it best:

http://www.dlisted.com/node/35483

Michael Cera, who normally looks like a middle-aged lesbian high school English teacher with the third largest stamp collection in Northampton, MA, got a Guido makeover courtesy of Jersey Shore's Pauly D!

Unfortunately, Michael doesn't look like something you'd find rolling out of Karma Club at 4am. Michael looks more like a middle-aged lesbian high school English teacher with the third largest stamp collection in Northampton, MA who tried to be a hybrid of Jon & Kate for Halloween but failed miserably.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »

Michael Cera, who normally looks like a middle-aged lesbian high school English teacher with the third largest stamp collection in Northampton, MA.

LOL !!! That's quite an accurate description indeed.  :D
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 10:14:25 am »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 01:17:35 am »
omg... living for that beau-hunk Keith guy that Snooki's with on tonight's episode.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 01:33:08 am »
omg... living for that beau-hunk Keith guy that Snooki's with on tonight's episode.

Is that the redneck guy?  I believe he said he was a farmer, man I never figured them as your type Phyllicia.  Tonight's show was a good one though.  Ronnie obviously has a mean left hook, I thought he killed that guy he knocked out tonight.  What about sister stalker that Pauly picked up?  I liked the little haterade recipe The Situation came up with for the lame guy Vinny.

In case anyone missed it here's the recipe :

parmesean cheese
   milk
   pickle juice

Mix the ingredients in a bowl and place under the haters bed.  They will know it's there within a few days.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 02:06:22 am »
Tonight had two episodes and I only saw the second one because I was watching the season premiere of Project runGay on Lifetime, and I think Snickers met Keith in the first episode.  Keith only showed up briefly in the 2nd one, but he was perfectly proportioned and a keeper in the face from what I saw.  I'd never discriminate against a patriotic redneck, and I definitely sensed that he was not a real guido as he'd didn't have spiked hair or a tanning salon effect.

Oh, and Haterade also contains Caesar salad dressing.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 02:10:07 am »
Ronnie is my guilty pleasure...swooonnnn :)

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »
this is just WAY fierce

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/01/21/the-complex-jersey-shore-soundboard-click-on-it/

Hilarious.  Some truly memorable quotes indeed ("GTL").

LOL @ this intro:
"Come on, bro. The idea to create The Complex Jersey Shore Soundboard was as easy as Snooki after two Jäger shots."
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:32 pm »
I want this as my new voice mail message (click on Snooki at the end of row 2):

My ideal man would be Italian, dark, muscles, juice-head, guido

I think I can totally hijack the audio and make a file for my new Comcast broadband phone number/voice mail.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:10 pm »
Oh no, wait... this one's better: J-WOWW's p*ssy must bring rainbows and pots of treasure.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 08:57:48 pm »
Oh no, wait... this one's better: J-WOWW's p*ssy must bring rainbows and pots of treasure.

Darn it, I was just about to point it out to you. 

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

I thought Vinny was pretty boring, I guess the makers of the soundboard thought so too.  They only had one quote from him.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:00 pm »
I need to find one of those "duck" phones.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:40 pm »
I need to find one of those "duck" phones.

They don't have caller ID on them though, hence why Vinny got stuck on the phone with Paulie's stalker chick.  This might create problems for a playa like you when a grenade calls.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »
They don't have caller ID on them though, hence why Vinny got stuck on the phone with Paulie's stalker chick.  This might create problems for a playa like you when a grenade calls.

I bet you can buy some contraption at Radio Shack to solve this.  I just dug out this ancient black rotary phone that dates from the late 1940's or so, and that I had totally re-wired when I was in college in the late 80's, and it still works so I plugged it into my new Comcast phone/modem that I got today, but yeah I can't see caller ID.  Still, I bet there's even some software floating around that I could get to work in that regards, so I'll research it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:51 pm »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 09:26:25 pm »

You rock dude, now I can say that I have finally... finally helped someone on AM.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 10:09:37 pm »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2010, 02:56:39 am »
Snooki said she was hiring a bodyguard to keep fans at bay. The 22-year-old "Princess of Poughkeepsie" explained, "When we try to go to TGI Friday's or Applebee's, we can't eat because people go crazy."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/jersey_stars_want_big_bucks_n3FxsrhxK2TLc4gEtIzxBP#ixzz0dVxEFvYx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2010, 11:38:38 am »

I know Snooki was lacking a bit in the common sense department, but she really amazed me after Ronnie got put in the slammer for knocking that guy out.  As Sammi was distrauntly heading upstairs to sleep alone Snooki tried to assist by asking , "Should I call 911?".  So I gathered that Snooki is under the impression that you can call 911 to get someone bailed out...  kinda of funny.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 04:29:10 pm »

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2010, 06:06:04 pm »
oh, looks like we just had a sighting of a new batch of Ron Ron juice.

And here I thought that we had with Sammi was forevah.  I thought they would kiss and make-up shortly after their tiff on the reunion show. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2010, 06:20:53 pm »
Wow, there's lots of awesome Jersey Shore post-finale stuff right now on TMZ.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:24:23 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »
Looks as though Snooki has a career as a weather girl amongst her plans... oh, and she says that she has no sex tape [yet]

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/08/jersey-shore-snooki-weather-video/

Offline edfu

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 10:03:04 am »
"The New Yorker"--yes, "The New Yorker"--reviews "Jersey Shore" (with cartoon):

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2010/01/18/100118crte_television_franklin?currentPage=all

"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:23 pm »
I read in the paper today that MTV is trying to get them to do a second season at $10,000 a piece for each of them per episode, but some of the cast want more.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 10:20:42 pm »
I read in the paper today that MTV is trying to get them to do a second season at $10,000 a piece for each of them per episode, but some of the cast want more.

MTV needs to pay them more than that. This is their first show in a good while to get as much attention (and actual viewers). They have exploited kids for a zillion seasons of "Road Rules," "The Real World," and every other cheaply produced reality show that they have broadcasted. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:42 pm »
The New York Post today stated that MTV was getting fed up with the cast demanding more and more money and they might just replace them all, and that they had sent out employees to bars up and down the Shore looking for new cast members. 

As much as I loved many of the cast members, it's not going to be all that difficult to find tons of replacements.  They're everywhere in the northeast.  Hell, you could probably recruit them all in five minutes by just going to Staten Island.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 10:35:28 pm »

My wife was telling me about this earlier.  She said it was DJ Paulie (lol) and The Situation who were holding out for more money.  IMO they should hold out.  My wife watches some other MTV reality show, I think the Hills, and they make quite a bit more evidentally.  I think they should pay them more, the show was ranked high in the ratings.   MTV says they are sticking to the $10,000 offer and if they have to, will replace the cast members who are holding out.

Won't that be a bummer??

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:23 pm »
"The Real World," and every other cheaply produced reality show that they have broadcasted. 

Careful...easy now, that's only been one of my favorite shows for the last 16 years.  I really like the challenges to be honest. I like seeing people I remember from when I was younger showing the same crows feet I have.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »
Careful...easy now, that's only been one of my favorite shows for the last 16 years.  I really like the challenges to be honest. I like seeing people I remember from when I was younger showing the same crows feet I have.

I love the challenges just as much. By "cheaply" I meant that they don't have to invest much in these productions (and many of the earlier seasons did not pay anything to their cast members; apparently being on the show was enough).  I used to love TRW back in the early 90s (especially the first season with my girl Heather B. and Eric Neiss). The Miami season was dreadful though.

If they replace "The Situation" I'll be fine with the decision. Just don't take away my Ronnie or Snooki.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:47 pm »
If they replace "The Situation" I'll be fine with the decision. Just don't take away my Ronnie or Snooki.

They should replace him with me.  My abs are nearly as nice, they could call me The Wastation. ;)

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »
The New York Post today stated that MTV was getting fed up with the cast demanding more and more money and they might just replace them all, and that they had sent out employees to bars up and down the Shore looking for new cast members. 

As much as I loved many of the cast members, it's not going to be all that difficult to find tons of replacements.  They're everywhere in the northeast.  Hell, you could probably recruit them all in five minutes by just going to Staten Island.
I am totally going to ramp up my training sessions at the gym so I can be on Season 2!  Ronnie, I'm comin' for ya!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2010, 11:01:02 pm »
Did you guys miss the Joey Porsche Experience several years ago on Hot Chicks With Douchebags?  That's who they should recruit.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »
Oh, and don't forget The Oompa Prompa either.  Another good one!

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:51 pm »
Did you guys miss the Joey Porsche Experience several years ago on Hot Chicks With Douchebags?  That's who they should recruit.

Ewwww! That pouting ain't cute. And he is not Italian as far as I can tell...

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »
Oh, and don't forget The Oompa Prompa either.  Another good one!

(silently vomits in mouth)

Offline franfrog

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »
Well for all intersted, tonight at 11:00pm they have a where were they before the show.  I know I will be taping it!
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2010, 06:40:05 pm »
Well for all intersted, tonight at 11:00pm they have a where were they before the show.  I know I will be taping it!

I think I'll go and make a big pot of spaghetti then.. could be the last time we see them.

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2010, 11:26:54 pm »
why watch it?  ;) we know the girls were all passed out in the back of a Camaro with sticky hair...

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2010, 11:55:07 pm »

Before the Shore was only 30 minutes long.  Must not have been up to a whole lot I guess, not a lot of time divided amongst 8 people if you count the one who lost her housing because she didn't want to fold shirts.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2010, 01:42:37 pm »
Great to hear!!!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2010, 02:56:31 pm »

Wish they would just start it the week following the Superbowl.  It would help with my yearly NFL withdrawals I go through at this time.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:53 pm »
I thought for "shore"  ;D they would have talked about more intersting things.  Well, they were complaining about how they wanted more then the $10,000 an episode but I guess they realized they are nobodys and could not do any better.  Good for MTV to stand up to them and say anymore and no deal.  They all sucked it up and took it.  Lets go season 2!
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline franfrog

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »
Has anyone else heard about the "Jersey Shore" going to LA?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:03 pm »
Has anyone else heard about the "Jersey Shore" going to LA?

read this: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/02/02/2010-02-02_mtv_thinks_shores_snooki_and_the_situation_can_survive_without_jersey.html

Evidently MTV wants to get a 2nd season filmed so that it airs this coming summer, as that would be more seasonally appropriate.  But to do so they need a warm weather location to film it right now, thus ruling out the shore in NJ.  Of course this is all completely stupid considering what the concept and name of the show is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.