Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:15:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 665
Total: 667

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How did this happen??  (Read 3481 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
How did this happen??
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:00:54 pm »
Mini's party is over.  It was a wonderful celebration of her life and a time for blessings for the next year.  But somehow in the hussle and bussle, all the adults left and all the kids are still here.  I've searched and searched just in case the adults were playing some sick game of hide and seek.  But, they are gone and the kids remain.  Remember my cousin's kid i spoke of in a previous thread?  The one who doesn't seem to understand boundaries or, um...common sense?  Well, he's here as is his younger sister (6) who seems to think that the entire world revolves around her.  She's already yelled at me once and things didn't turn out so pretty for her after that. 

I have a tender heart and a teeny bit of patience, but I'd love to know who's idea it was for them to all stay the night (yes, I'm giving Hubby the evil eye >:()  I'm about to take 4 Advil and call it a century.  Who's going to watch the kids??  The same person who came up with the idea of a sleepover. ;D 

Mum (who's bedroom door locks from the inside)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: How did this happen??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:15:31 pm »
Mum, I'm glad you had a great day.  Now, get in the room and lock hubby out! ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:29:22 pm »
OMG Mum!  You mean the adults all just up and left?  Sit hubby down and yes, lock yourself in your room.  Let him deal.  Do you really think he called for a sleepover?

Oh man oh man is he in the doghouse.......
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »
hi MUM  :-*,
                      Maybe they thought  that your sweat loving nurturing would wear off

on the little  angels  ;)

hope you have a great   Sunday !

Have PAPA make you breakfast in bed , AFTER  he drops kiddies off at thier proper homes .

good evening ,
                                                                                      Karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:10:52 am »
Ok here's what you do..grab the car keys and head for the hills (guaranteed peace and quiet) and don't come back until all kids that don't actually live ther are gone...remember you can still hear kids screaming through a locked door... ;)

I'm glad our angel had a good time.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 08:37:58 am »
LOL...our sweet #6 gave me the perfect opportunity to lock myself away.  She was fussy and couldn't deal with the extra person in their bedroom or the endless girly giggling.  So, I "offered" to take her into our room and have her lay down with me until she fell asleep.  WHOOPS!  I fell asleep, too. :P  Hubby is now making pancakes and turkey bacon for breakfast then, somehow, we are taking everyone on our shopping trip.  Again, not quite sure how that happened. 

Next party, I'm spending less time in the kitchen and more time in the living room.  Although, I have a feeling that most of the plotting happened at baseball practice when I'm at home out of earshot.  So far this morning, so good.  No one has been thrown to the ground (immitating wrestling that they are allowed to watch - the other kids, not mine), and we've locked away the rated-R movies that the 7yr old kept getting into and trying to sneak and watch (even though he's seen most of them  :-\)  And, the girl has figured out that it doesn't bother me a bit if she starves ;D. Oh, and we got to explain why boys are girls, even cousins, don't sleep together.

Mum (who got wonderful sleep)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:07:22 am »
And, the girl has figured out that it doesn't bother me a bit if she starves ;D.

:D  LOL
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 12:39:08 pm »
Oh my goodness. Hubby hubby hubby <shakes head>

He must really love children to have other peoples stay over. LOL

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »
Hi Mum,

I once had the opportunity of having my brother, his wife and their 5 little girls live with me because... Uncle Michael had a great big house and lived all alone.  There was a sleep over every Friday and every Saturday night for the months they lived with me.  There was a little girl there one night who kind of looked like my nieces, I was not sure so I asked my brother if she was one of theirs.  He said, April (#2 child) had always wanted a sister.

It has been estimated that the 5 little girls have between 3 to 5 children each and still producing.  Fearing my own sanity, I didn't lock the bedroom, I moved and left no forwarding address.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.