Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:37:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 606
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: drinking  (Read 6137 times)

Offline fb

drinking
« on: June 10, 2009, 10:24:04 am »
Dear Andy etc. I drunk from a glass touched by a lady that had vaginal secretion on her hands. Could I got infected if I touched with my lips or drunk the water with the secretions? I had a small mouth ulcer on my lips, I have bitten the lips with my theeth.
Thank you very much.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: drinking
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:37:55 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus. It is absolutely not passed from environmental surfaces like doorknobs, touching hands or body parts, off of glasses, dishes, food, silverware, kissing including deep kissing, masturbation with or without blood, sperm, vaginal secretions, etc., etc.

You are worrying needlessly.

The one thing you muit remember sexually is that anytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse you always need to wear a condom. Then you will be well protected against HIV. 

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline fb

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »
thanks a lot, so you confirm that I do not need to test over this plastic cup of water episode with maybe infected liquid in it and little canker sore on my lip, and I can keep having unprotected sex with my wife. what about receiving a massage on my head and eyelids from the lady if she had infected fluid on her hands? There were NO SEX wahtsoever. sorry to bother you you again. thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:00:30 pm »
I've already answered your concerns but I will repeat again that you were absolutely not in any way at risk, no matter what additional details you throw into the mix. And no matter what fears may continue to crop up in your mind.

Yes, you can have sex with your wife without any concern about HIV.

And you do not need to get tested.
Andy Velez

Offline fb

penis touched breast
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 05:55:46 am »
dear Ann.Andy
I hope you are well. I had a stupid accident. I met this girl and were fooling around. Anyway she was masturbating herself when she started to massage her breast leaving I think her secretion on the breast. I conseguently starting to masturbating my self and while during this I have touched her breast with my uncovered penis and I think my urethra got in contact with the secretion left on her breast. 1. do i need to worry? 2 do i need to get tested? 3 can i have sex with my girlfriiend? pls let me know thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: penis touched breast
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 06:49:03 am »
   Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

   If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 07:45:35 am »
I've merged your threads here. The rule of this site is that you keep all of your entries in this same thread. Don't start any new ones. Thanks for your cooperation.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.  The secretions of the breast are only potentially risky for an infant since their immune system is not yet fully functioning. There is no risk for an adult from such secretions or even breast milk.

Andy Velez

Offline fb

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 07:50:06 am »
thank you Andy/Ann one last question I'm worried about also vaginal secretions that might habe been on the breast as she mausturbated her self than put her hands on her breast.

I have touched her breast with my uncovered penis and I think my urethra got in contact with the vaginal secretion left on her breast

thank you all the best

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 07:53:44 am »
Also not a risk. It is only while having unprotected intercourse that exposure to vaginal secretions would be a risk. HIV is a fragile virus and is not infectious when outside of the body.
Andy Velez

Offline fb

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 07:56:17 am »
thank you so i DON'T need to test and I can have all the unprotected sex with my gf

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 08:07:03 am »
You do not need to get tested over this latest concern of yours.

You should only be having unprotected intercourse with your gf if you are in a securely monogamous relationship in which both of you have reliably tested negative together prior to stopping the use of condoms.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 08:14:57 am »
fb,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Any vaginal fluids on this woman's chest would therefore pose no threat to you where hiv is concerned and no, you do not need to test over this incident.

You should only be having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend if you have both been tested for hiv and all the other STIs together. Just because she's your gf doesn't mean she doesn't have hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fb

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 09:36:20 am »
thanks Ann/Andy
do the same will be if I finger a lady (even if only externally) and then masturbated my self, the vaginal secretions that I may have on my fingers won't be a risk if I masturbated my self just after that? Even if they go into the urethra? thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 09:42:13 am »
fb,

Vaginal fluids on you fingers is OUTSIDE your body, so no, even if you get some on your urethra, you've not going to become infected. Please re-read the first paragraph of my last post. Fingering and/or masturbation pose absolutely no risk of hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fb

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 09:47:12 am »
thanks Ann very kind
and what about the frottage? i have been with the girl on top of me with both wearing pants is it s risk of fluids excanging? is it more risky to frottage without clothes or slips or knickers? i still can't understand why secretions may die as soon as they are outside the bosy thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 09:50:17 am »
fb,

Frottage, with or without clothing, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Frottage happens on the OUTSIDE of the body. What have I been telling you about what happens to hiv OUTSIDE the body? It becomes damaged and when hiv is damaged, it cannot infect.

USE CONDOMS FOR ANAL OR VAGINAL INTERCOURSE AND YOU WILL AVOID HIV INFECTION. IT'S REALLY, REALLY, REALLY THAT SIMPLE!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fb

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 11:48:54 am »
Hi i have just rang an hiv helpline and asked about my situation as cannot get it out of my mind and with a small child and a wife I feel I'm destroying their life for a stupidity i made. Anyway I asked them about fingering (even if the lady still had the g-string on) and then masturbating if there is risk if there may be vaginal secretions or menstrual blood from on my fingers. They said that may be a risk.
I'm worried and I may think to take the risk and level it with my wife so at least she'll be mad but maybe safe. what do you think blood or secretions on the fingers and then touched the top of the penis is it a risk? maybe the lady underwear worked as a filter. sorry to be such a pain

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 11:57:32 am »
fb,

Hiv helplines are notorious for giving out WRONG information. They are often manned by hiv negative people who are just as scared and misinformed about hiv as you are.

The information we give out here in regards to hiv transmission is backed up by repeatable, first-tier, peer-review studies and also years of personal experience with hiv.

But, you are free to choose to believe who you want. You can take an hiv test to reassure yourself with your inevitable negative result if you want, but don't expect to use this forum to go on and on about your NO RISK sexual activities.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fb

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 02:29:50 pm »
Dear Ann and Andy Rapid Rod and everybody
I'd sincerely like to apologies for my behaviour. it hasn't been done to disturb the forum but honestly as I feel I have risked something. I have forced my self to understand and also to MOVE ON. I may seek counseling as well. I understood this latter as well is NOT a risk. I hope you accept my apologies and thank you for what you do for all of us.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »
You're welcome. Now get on with your life. And always use condoms for intercourse. Then you won't have an HIV problem.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.