Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 367
Total: 367

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

Late Seroconversion Positive result

Yes You can have late  positive results
1 (100%)
No not at all if you tested Neg at 9 months
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: I am HIV negative but doubting the results a year later  (Read 75756 times)

Offline GreatLooser777

Re: In NEED OF ADVICE BADLY VERY WORRIED AND NEED REASSURANCE
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2006, 08:46:29 am »
It happened in september with my ex and I didnt get  tested untill may  with my new partner ...I remember having to go back to the clinic june 8th 2006 cause I got tested for STD's and those came back clear but to be sure I took them again ...
I have to wait a week for them ...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:03:52 am by GreatLooser777 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2006, 08:54:17 am »
Your test result is conclusive. You're NEGATIVE.

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2006, 09:01:24 am »
ok thats good but next time read my story above I am really conered..although i had negative results ...i recently got my blood work done from my doctor andshe said everything was fine ...on a regular Compleate Blood Count test ....if ther was a drop ion red blood cells or white bllood cells most importantly wouldthey know there would be somethgin wrong with me ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:31:03 am by GreatLooser777 »

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2006, 09:33:15 am »
Great,

Have protected sex from now on and you'll no longer be cornered.  Condoms are excellent protection from hiv infection.  Use them every time until you are in a securely  monogomous relationship where you have BOTH tested negative for all STI's.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2006, 09:48:56 am »
good advice ....so true .... but yet look at me and where i am .....I though I could trust those results and i reassured my partner  but what happens now if they werent at all what they where ...i jsut cant even think of it  right now .....i am going to log off here for a bit until i can get tsted again ...everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed for ....I am sure everything will be fine  but the freak otu is legetimate and serious ...

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:13 am »
Helllllpppppp
Sorry for being so crazy but this is life or death (literally)

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2006, 10:53:26 am »
Great,

Alright, stop with the drama.  Crying wolf will just create a situation where no one will take you seriously.  Your "life and death" situation is centered on your relationship with this new guy who is apparently blowing you off rather than taking your concerns seriously. 

Re-read the advice you've been given in this thread, and make a decision on a course of action.

In your best interest,

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2006, 01:42:01 pm »
Ok so what do you guys think I should do ? tell me so i can wiat teh appropreate time and just take it easy for now .....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please don't post thread titles in all caps!
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2006, 03:04:22 pm »
Loser,

As you do not use punctuation, readable grammar, or paragraphs, your posts are difficult to follow. Here's what I've pieced together - and if any of it is wrong, say so.

I'm interested in the time-line here, NOT the intimate details. The only relevant detail is the fact that you do not use condoms for anal intercourse with your current partner.

You broke up with your ex in Sept 2005.

You got with your current partner in December 2005.

(You do not use condoms with your current partner.)

You tested hiv negative in May 2006.

Now, the advice:

Your negative result in May means that you are conclusively negative from the date of your test, back three months to the same date in February.

So, if you tested May 15, consider yourself hiv negative on February 15th and BEFORE February 15th.

However, because you do NOT use condoms with your current partner, are in a new window period.

You need to test 12-13 weeks after the last time you had unprotected anal intercourse with your CURRENT partner, or any one else you may have had intercourse with since February. Don't count oral and don't count intercourse with a condom.

You need to test 12-13 weeks after your last experience of unprotected intercourse.

You should be using condoms until BOTH of you have tested negative. If you test negative again after this window period, it does NOT tell you the hiv status of your partner. Only a test done on HIM will tell you his hiv status.

Test at the appropriate time. Both of you.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2006, 07:59:21 am »
If i tested anything after may 15th is it legetimate as well ....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2006, 09:24:45 am »
Loser,

The only thing your May 15th hiv test tells you is that you were definitely hiv negative on February 15 and BEFORE February 15th.

As you have been having unprotected intercourse with your current boyfriend, you do not know your current hiv status because you do not know if you partner is hiv negative or hiv positive.

You need to test 12-13 weeks after your last incident of unprotected intercourse with your current partner, and you need to start using condoms with your current partner until you know HIS status through HIS current test. Only if you are BOTH hiv negative can you stop using condoms.

I hope that is clear.

Ann
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:33:55 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2006, 10:01:21 am »
but how would you know i tested before may 15th .....Idont have the dates written down cause i threw everything out so my parents wouldnt  find it .....but i remeber going back to the clinic june 8th to get  the final results .but I will call the clinic to find otu the correct dates ...if you  will like so we can discuss this  for the very last time  and i can stop annoyiing you guys  and driving myself ok ? If i got tested after may 15th would it still be  ok that is my main question ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2006, 10:19:25 am »
Loser,

No. Because you have been having unprotected intercourse with someone whose hiv status is unknown, you only know that you were negative in February.

I picked May 15th because you said you were tested in May but didn't give the date. The exact date doesn't matter - I only used that date to illustrate what I was saying.

You do not know your partner's hiv status. As you have been having unprotected intercourse with him since February, if he is hiv positive, you could have been infected by him anytime between February and now. You only know that you WERE hiv negative sometime in February and BEFORE.

You need to test 12-13 week after your LAST unprotected intercourse, no matter who it was with. You do not currently know your hiv status as you have been having unprotected intercourse with a person whose hiv status you do not know.

You and your partner BOTH need to test. Until you BOTH test, you need to use condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2006, 06:32:25 pm »
wait so my pervious partner is not HIV - ??? or he is but not my new partner ...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2006, 07:23:32 pm »
You can not base your Ex's status on YOUR test. He would have to test. Your new partner and you should be tested at the same time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2006, 07:23:46 pm »
Loser,

Your previous partner's hiv status is unknown. You came out of that relationship hiv negative, regardless of what your previous partner's hiv status was.

Your CURRENT partner's hiv status is UNKNOWN. This is why you are in a new window period. You need to test for any unprotected intercourse since February.

You need to test 12-13 weeks after your LAST unprotected intercourse with your CURRENT partner. He needs to test - even if you again test negative. You cannot know HIS status by YOUR test results.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:22 pm »
so former partner negative new partner unknown ....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 08:24:48 pm »
Loser,

Your former partner's hiv status is UNKNOWN.

Your current partner's hiv status is UNKNOWN.

YOUR hiv status is UNKNOWN.

YOU and your CURRENT PARTNER BOTH must test 12-13 weeks after the last time you had unprotected intercourse. ONLY THEN WILL YOU KNOW YOUR STATUS OR YOUR PARTNER'S STATUS. YOU BOTH MUST TEST.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2006, 09:15:16 pm »
Ok first you tell me its legetimate then you tell me its not what is it because this worries me know even more then it used to ....If i got tested negative in may is it negative or not

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2006, 09:18:07 pm »
in other words if i tested negative in may after my pervious partner I am HIv negative ?

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:46 pm »
wqell if had sex with my Ex and i came out negative isnt he negative since i had sex with him.If he was positive i would be positive isnt that right ...Soooo...If my ex is negative and i have sex with him he is negative  ther is no way he could have given me HIV  if i tested negative ....i dont doubt your answer guys ..but it worries me now that it has changed ....You guys said i was legit with my testing now I dont know and i am not so sure now ....well ther goes the agony of telling my partner he is in fact HIV poz...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 09:40:43 pm »
No, that is incorrect. Even if he was positive doesn't mean that you'll be positive. Continuing to have unprotected sex will most likely gain you the gift of being infected.

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2006, 10:03:37 pm »
Ok that doesnt make any sense .If that was corred how come i wasnt infected .Why do u think the HIV epidemic has gotten this far as it has ...uqestion if he was positive then how come I didnt test positive for HIV .... doest it tell you that you got it from the person you slept with if you tested positive  wouldnt that indicate the status of the person you where with ...i was just with my current b/f and my ex and that is all i dont sleep around with people .Ok rapid rod when you say even if he was positive and i got out ok how come that is ? wouldnt I be poz as well from him ? if it was like that I am sure no one would ever have to deal with this  horrible  disease ..... I am sorry for being  rude i dont mean to but this hits hard home for me as i recently had to burry my friend as he died of an AIDS related illness so this has all gotten me confused and I appologize for being rude or disrespectful i just want to know the straight deal ....tell me the truth that is what i need and I am asking ...
You cant jsut become positive out of nowhere  it takes someone else ...So I dont understand how you can say that  you cant go by the results of your test ....If i was poz (god forbid)i would of had gotten it from my  current partner (god forbid) which means that he was HIV poz

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2006, 01:26:48 am »
Great,

Focus on the way testing works. 

Anytime you test for hiv, because of the window period, it only tells you your status 3 months prior to the test date.

So if you tested on May 15 (as an example), your result tells you your conclusive status as of Feb 15.  Understand??

So any sexual activity following that 3 month prior date (again for example Feb 15), would not be covered by that test.

If you've been having unprotected sex within that "window" (the 3 months prior to a given test), you will need to test again 3 months after the new given exposure.

Is this making sense???

Unless you know conclusively that the person you have "been" with is hiv negative (through testing at the APPROPRIATE time), then your status is thrown into question.

Morgan

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2006, 05:25:45 am »
Loser,

Exposure to hiv does not necessarily mean infection.

For example. My partner and I were together for a year and a half, having unprotected intercourse, BEFORE we found out I was hiv positive. We didn't know for a whole eighteen months of our relationship that I was hiv positive.

He tested NEGATIVE, despite repeated exposures. Although he didn't get infected in that first year and a half of our relationship, he could become infected the very next time we had unprotected intercourse, so we no longer do that. We use condoms now and he remains hiv negative.

For all you know, your current partner might be hiv positive and not know, just like I didn't know. If he is positive, and you continue to have unprotected intercourse with him, you will eventually become positive too. BUT, it might not happen right away.

The ONLY thing you can know from your test results so far is that you were negative when you met your new partner, and you were negative up until some time in February 2006.

You and your partner BOTH need to test 12-13 weeks after your last unprotected act of intercourse together.

I think the misunderstanding has come from your belief that one exposure will guarantee infection. It does not work like that. It might be the first time you are exposed, or it might be the 100th time you are exposed. Stop taking this chance.

You need to use condoms until you and your partner - your current one, or anyone in the future - have tested negative TOGETHER.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2006, 06:56:10 am »
Well as lolng as I came into the relationship HIV negative I am ok for now ...my main concern was unwilligly passing it on to him ..or fearing that I did if the test results where wrong ....Dont they usally say it takes one expouser to get HIV?? .Now this isnt making any sense.. if that wasnt the case how come people get sick with the disease after there  first time expousure even some experts say you can get infected fter the first time  ....that is what happened to my good friend .....but also ann ..thats what I needed to know that my status was ok before i met my new partner.... that was my main conern i trust him wholeheartidly and he trusts me ...I trusted the results fully but now I am begining to doubt them now  and its scary...as long as i came into the relationship HIV negative I am alright

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2006, 07:30:02 am »
Loser,

You CAN get infected the first time. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you WILL. It might happen the first time, or it might happen the 100th time you have unprotected intercourse with an hiv positive person.

You are NOT alright for now. You do NOT know your current partner's hiv status.

You do NOT know YOUR CURRENT hiv status. You ONLY know your hiv status during and BEFORE February 2006.

I'm at a loss as to how to make this any clearer.

You AND your partner need to test.

You AND your partner need to use condoms until you have BOTH tested negative - TOGETHER.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2006, 07:32:49 am »
So i know my status from my pervious partner ? which was negative ... from september to feb.current partner unknown .....which means my status is unknown as well as of right now

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2006, 07:40:15 am »
Loser,

You DO NOT KNOW your previous partner's hiv status. You CANNOT know someone else's hiv status through YOUR test. He might have been hiv positive and you just didn't become infected.

You also DO NOT KNOW your CURRENT partner's hiv status. If he does turn out to be positive, he got it from someone other than you, because you were hiv negative when you started this current relationship.

If he is hiv negative, you have no worries. HOWEVER. Just because you tested negative does NOT mean that he is too. Re-read my post where I talked about my own situation.

As you do not know for CERTAIN that your current partner is hiv negative, you need to do one of two things.

1. Both get tested together so you can actually see for yourself what HIS test result is. This is the only way to know HIS hiv status. Testing is the only way to know hiv status. He might be hiv positive and not know, just like I didn't know - until I tested.

2. If your partner will not test, then you MUST use condoms with him. Your health is nothing to mess around with.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:09 am »
this really worries me now .....I will sjut get tested with in six weeks..if it comes otu negative then I will test in  september  when it will be 3 months ....You guys have went from being reassuring to really  getting me extremly worried now ....But i sitll cant understand why you cant know your partners status through your test it jsut doesnt make any sense to me at all ...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2006, 07:58:01 am »
I don't know how to make the answer any simpler for you. I found the answers self explanatory. YOU DON'T ALWAYS BECOME INFECTED EVEN IF THE PERSON IS POSITIVE. YOU LUCKED OUT...

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2006, 08:01:52 am »
maybe i did ...my mother always said I had damn good luck ....too much good luck ......so can i stop worrying  for right now ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:25 am »
Loser,

If my partner and ONLY my partner had tested for hiv, I would not know that I am hiv positive. He managed to remain hiv negative despite having unprotected intercourse with me for a year and a half. He was lucky. He COULD have become infected - and he still CAN - but only if we were to continue having unprotected intercourse. We don't. We use condoms now.

Live isn't always black and white. Your partner could be hiv positive REGARDLESS of what your own test results are.

Unless your partner ALSO tests for hiv and test negative for hiv, you MUST use condoms when having intercourse with him.

YOU CANNOT KNOW ANOTHER PERSON'S HIV STATUS GOING BY YOUR OWN TEST RESULTS. HIV TESTS ONLY REVEAL THE STATUS OF THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE TEST.

Use condoms with your partner until he tests - and tests negative.

You can stop worrying (and using condoms) when your PARTNER ALSO TESTS HIV NEGATIVE and only then.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2006, 08:17:42 am »
well that brings me to this last question ....I tested HIv negative  so is that  the correct status for me or no ?....if its not then I am totally screwed (no pun intended)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2006, 08:20:51 am »
Have you had unprotected sex with your new partner? If so the answer is NO. You'll need to test again at 12/13 weeks past the last unprotected sex.

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2006, 08:29:00 am »
well i knwo form my previous partner that I tested HIV negative .My current partner I dont know his status ....but i relied on my negative result from my previous partner and i reassured my  current boyfriend that it is 100 %   negative and  accuratly done ...Now iam jsut in aconstant worry because i am getting two differnt things from people ...maybe myworry has caused all this confusion and i appologize ...Is there any way  that you can test for HIv quicker then 13 weeks ? maybe like the PRC test or ELISA?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2006, 08:34:04 am »
Loser,

A test at six weeks will be a very good indication of your hiv status but must be confirmed at 12-13 weeks.

An ELISA test is the standard test for hiv. It is what you would have used already. PCR testing is NOT approved for diagnostic purposes. Get an ELISA done at six weeks past your last unprotected encounter.

Unless your current partner also gets tested and tests negative, you MUST use condoms with him REGARDLESS of what YOUR test results are.

Please get your partner to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2006, 08:53:02 am »
ok so clear my mind for good  at least for now ....Am I HIv negative from pervious partner conclusivly ?.my new partner needs to get tested with me ..and iam trying to get him down to hte clinic but we will see.I do trust somewhat my pervious negative result as I took the rapid test in a Dept of health and mental hygene clinic .....I recently went back to get retested for STD's.I read havung STD's increses your chance of  aquiering HIV but since i dont have any  (or didnt at thte time)  what would my chances of  being HIV positive from my pervious partner ?and what are the chances of me having already given it to my partner ? :(.I  hate  this question it makes my heart sink into my stoamch but i must as k it

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2006, 09:02:29 am »
Loser,

Yes, you are conclusively negative from your last partner.

Yes, you do need to get your current partner to test.

If he refuses to test, you MUST use condoms with him.

You could NOT have given hiv to your current partner, because you were hiv negative when you started this relationship and you said you have not been with anyone else since your previous partner.

The question mark is hanging over your current partner. If he tests negative, you have no worries.

If he refuses to test, you cannot know his true hiv status and so you must use condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2006, 09:23:46 am »
ok then I am sorry for everything .....my confusion and worry must of confused you as well as the other moderators  reading this thread and I appologize ....On a more personal note i recently burried my close friend  he died of AIDS related  causes ....I wish no one has to go through what he and countless of other people are going through right now ...I do hope they find a cure for this ...And they  recently found the monkey that carried the supposed HIV strain that somehow might of jumped to humans ..This virus had to come from somewhere ....I do believe it came from an animal but that discussion is for a later time ....I jsut want to thank all of the mods of this forum board who have helped me out I am sorry for being a pain in the A@@ but  this subject matter that we are dealing with hits  home for me and MANY others ....but I just cant risk someone's life i already made stupid mistakes and suffered the consequences on my own I dont want another person to suffer cause of me ....This is the reason why I dont sleep around with people ....After I broke up with my ex in september I havent been with anyone else before i met my new partner in december ......I am not like that this is a day and age where Sex is deadly (no pun)..its not a beautiful and sacred act as it once was .....making love to your partner should be stress free .....I am NOT SAYIN AT ALL to have unprotected sex ..either have sex protected or dont at all .I made the stupid mistake of having unprotected sex with my ex  and i got out ok ...and  now i am making the same mistake again because my new p[artner  says he is clean and i TRUST HIM .....he was honest with me since the begining .....my first fear in posting this message was somehow  the tests came back a false negative  and that i had HIV .....I was so  worried for the safety of my partner because I told him my status was alright ....and we had unprotected sex that day ..He has a lot of family responcibilites ....everyone depends on him..So I jsut cant take that risk.My mind is at ease for now knowing that  I tested conclusivly negative from my ex  thats teh most important thing knowing that i came into my new relationship HIV negative is reassuring ...I know I am supposed to be worried about my safety as well .but if your going to have sex you might as well be responcible and get tested .....So far I have twice ....once i got tested for HIV and STD's in which I came back negative and cause I freaked out again( go fiigure) I  got retested  last friday and I am waiting for teh results .....So those should be negative as well ...Ann,RapidRod and Andy I am so sorry for all of this  but i have to be sitting shiva for my friend soon so being on these boards  really  breaks my heart ...because  my friend 's sister her family and i where at the hospital when he died .....According to jewish tradition he had to be burried within 24 hours of his death .i miss him terribly. Ann,Rapidrod ,Andy I am so sorry for bogging you down with this ....you guys are truly heroes ...i knwo i will test negative  again but since i am under stess as a result of all this my mind likes to paly jokes on me and make me stressed out even more ...i will let you guys know how things go i am sure it will be alright .....Thanks for all your help and sorry for the long post but i jsut had to get all of this emotions out ..i knwo you guys dont need it but thanks for hearing me out ...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2006, 09:48:40 am »
If you keep basing your status on what some one said theirs was, I will guarantee you that if you continue to keep having unprotected sex you are going to become HIV positive. You can not rely on what someone tells you, or how they look.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2006, 10:07:29 am »
Loser,

The concern here isn't that you infected your current partner, but that your current partner MIGHT infect YOU.

I understand that you trust him when he claims to be hiv negative and I'm not accusing him of lying about his status. I'm saying that unless he has tested himself, he doesn't actually know his hiv status.

You need to be using condoms with him until you have both tested hiv negative.

Please accept my condolences over the loss of your friend.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »
So my fear of him getting HIv from me is nonexsistant ....but  the fear of him infecting me is  absolutly real.So I should stop worrying if  I infected him but worry if he  infected me ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2006, 03:16:07 pm »
There is no reason after 92 posts that you don't understand. If you REALLY don't understand go to your ASO and get the answers.There is really no reason for you to keep asking the same questions over and over again unless you are wanting to see your thread hit the 100 mark.

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2006, 05:28:19 pm »
thanks for telling me what i needed to know .....i can be calm for now untill i get tested in 6 weeks in august 26th ......if it comes otu negative then I will test at 3 months to be extra sure ....Thanks you guys for your help and support ....btw what is ASO ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2006, 05:41:55 pm »
Loser,

Your second to last post (Reply #92) is correct. You've finally got it.

ASO stands for AIDS Service Organisation.

Good luck with your testing, and don't forget to be using condoms with your current partner until you have BOTH tested negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2006, 06:00:45 pm »
ok now i can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that my partner is ok from me ......good... thanks for bearing with me and dealing with my  drama ...Ann,Rapidrod and Andy you guys all get hugs from me

XOXOXOXOXOX HUGS AND KISSES ....you guys asre the best ....thanks so much for the reassurance and patience

if you will like do any of you guys live in the NYC area maybe we can go get some iced  coffee ?
how about it ? and if not I can always  go alone ....its quite alright as well

keep up the great work ....and thank s for your undivided patience .....

;D ;D ;D

Sorry for all the drama and confusion now you can help those who need it the most.....

Offline GreatLooser777

is it possible !!!!
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2006, 08:27:06 am »
Just a question is it possible to have a false negative HIV result ? or is it more False positive ....??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: is it possible !!!!
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2006, 08:38:02 am »
Loser,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

False negatives do not happen outside the window period. Strictly speaking, false negative do not happen. It is more a case of someone testing too early.

Ann

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline GreatLooser777

Re: is it possible !!!!
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2006, 05:35:37 pm »
remember when i got tested negative in may ,,,,,,,now i came up with a dry cough ..along with my kidney infection and all that other mess....and i recently came out with red lesions on my arms but they have seem to went away ....I trusted these results wholeheartidly with my boyfriend (now ex) and now what am i going to do ....The fear has resurfised again ..I dont know anyone in my family who has an autoimune disease.. what happens if i gave my ex HIV  and i told him i didnt ....maybe all this stress is playing games on my body as well..this is all too much for me right now to handle a kidney infection i can handle ..my doc says my c4 levels where ok ....Usually isnt that what they check for when you have HIV?..What do i do iam really heartbroken as of right now ...What happens if i do have HIV ...Iam really heartbroken ann..I read up on Karposi's sarcoma nad they said that one u get it the bumps dont go away  they are just less visible  mine barly show on my skin now ...and they turned white when i pressed a glass to the  spots..normally they dont  blance when pressure is applied..i sitll have this annoying white tounge which hasnt gone away ...and it was weird i had it when i got tested negative in may  or it could be the kissing disease since i did kiss my partner A LOT ..I hate being a bother but this worries me quite a lot cause how am i going to explain to my ex that the tests werent right i trusted those results wholeheartidly becasue i thought they where eally acurative .....I got tested at the  right time i wasnt with another when i broke up with my ex partner....in september ...*sigh* I am jsut going to stop right now  and jsut relax i have been alright up untill this point ..it has to be the  stress getting to me

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.